PDA

View Full Version : Hey Bo, ur missing the only one on Dak...

JoseBrown
08-15-2016, 07:51 AM
Before Dak ever committed to us, C34 told us abt this QB we were recruiting out of Haughton, LA. If I remember correctly he mentioned the possibility of Dak being the best QB we've ever seen at State if we get him. Don't remember any NFL talk, but I am getting older every year...

Also, dam good job Dak!! Keep it up!!

lamont
08-15-2016, 08:02 AM
You are correct about C34 being spot on with Prescott and also Tyler Russell. I remember reading what he said too. He doesn't get them all right (Renfroe is poised to prove him wrong)- but he absolutely nailed Prescott.

Bubb Rubb
08-15-2016, 08:26 AM
Yeah, nothing random about coach's assessment of Prescott. I thought he was overly harsh on Russell, but it's obvious he was a fish out of water in Dan's offense.

I'd pump the brakes on his game Saturday though - it was a tremendous start and he shows a lot of promise, but he will be up and down. All rookies are. He will have an opportunity though...and he really needs to nail down the #2 spot, because we all know Tony Romo won't make it through the year. He's in a good spot.

JoseBrown
08-15-2016, 09:00 AM
True that! Just trying to give that fella some props... ;)

Enjoyed his football recaps, glad you got the job this year...

PassInterference
08-15-2016, 09:04 AM
I'd still like to see Dallas bring in a veteran backup.

Rookie QBs have a VERY hard time in the NFL. Cam Newton is blowing the doors off right now, but his first year (or few..I didn't track it) were terrible.

JoseBrown
08-15-2016, 09:05 AM
Yeah, nothing random about coach's assessment of Prescott. I thought he was overly harsh on Russell, but it's obvious he was a fish out of water in Dan's offense.

I'd pump the brakes on his game Saturday though - it was a tremendous start and he shows a lot of promise, but he will be up and down. All rookies are. He will have an opportunity though...and he really needs to nail down the #2 spot, because we all know Tony Romo won't make it through the year. He's in a good spot.

Hey, I'm just glad Daks getting some well deserved love, for at least a week. I'm sure there'll be time for pumping the brakes in the future, but for now I'd like to see him get as much love as possible. Everytime they're talking about him, they're talking about M-State too! Yes, he is in a good spot! Hope he can lock it down.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-15-2016, 09:09 AM
I'd still like to see Dallas bring in a veteran backup.

Rookie QBs have a VERY hard time in the NFL. Cam Newton is blowing the doors off right now, but his first year (or few..I didn't track it) were terrible.

I wouldn't say terrible. He won Rookie of the Year & made the Prow Bowl his rookie year. Made the Pro Bowl 2 of his 1st 3 seasons.

PassInterference
08-15-2016, 09:39 AM
I wouldn't say terrible. He won Rookie of the Year & made the Prow Bowl his rookie year. Made the Pro Bowl 2 of his 1st 3 seasons.

The W-L columns were bad. That's what I was referring to.

Jack Lambert
08-15-2016, 10:14 AM

Cam Newton is a ***** and him not diving for the ball was proof. **** that guy.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-15-2016, 10:18 AM
Cam Newton is a ***** and him not diving for the ball was proof. **** that guy.

OK. Not sure what that had to do with what we were talking about but glad you got it off your chest.

Tripp McNeely
08-15-2016, 11:32 AM
You are correct about C34 being spot on with Prescott and also Tyler Russell. I remember reading what he said too. He doesn't get them all right (Renfroe is poised to prove him wrong)- but he absolutely nailed Prescott.

I hate when people talk in the 3rd person!! ***

louisvilledawg
08-15-2016, 11:41 AM

Random huh? ISWYDT

basedog
08-15-2016, 11:45 AM
I hate when people talk in the 3rd person!! ***

Random Poster ask who's your daddy?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-15-2016, 02:05 PM
Before Dak ever committed to us, C34 told us abt this QB we were recruiting out of Haughton, LA. If I remember correctly he mentioned the possibility of Dak being the best QB we've ever seen at State if we get him. Don't remember any NFL talk, but I am getting older every year...

Also, dam good job Dak!! Keep it up!!

I said the same thing after watching an interview he did either when he first committed or the year after his redshirt. I can't remember when I just know it was before he took a snap in a game. IT was just something about his demeanor that told me he was going to be special.

Gutter Cobreh
08-15-2016, 04:36 PM
Since C34 is no longer with us (god rest his avatar), is there anyone on the board that can randomly run down how he projects our current QBs past this year?