PDA

View Full Version : My Emal to Bonner, Re: Dak

dawg93
08-14-2016, 06:20 PM
Michael,

Really appreciate all you do to keep us up to date on MSU, but why no mention of Dak's performance vs the Rams in today?s paper? He had the HIGHEST QB rating of ANY rookie QB who played this week, including the top two picks in the draft. For a guy who was told up until a few months ago by many that he couldn?t play at that level, I think that?s pretty impressive.

But no mention of his outstanding game while I have to read about Laremy Tunsil not being good enough to start for the Dolphins? The only way to get any write-up on Dak is to click on the Tunsil article and happen to see a link to a USA Today piece on Dak. How do you expect the average fan, MSU or not, to find that? I would have rather seen the same space used for telling us about a 4th string walk-on QB joining MSU used on Dak. It would have been better than nothing.

I realize that writing an article on the performance is not your job, as you cover current MSU athletes most of the time. However, I would think the most decorated player in MSU history having this game in his first pro game, preseason or not, would have caught your eye and maybe lead your sports editor to see fit to include it?

Of course, I am fully expecting to see a HUGE article on Chad Kelly's first preseason game next year if it goes the same way. Why do you think I feel that way?

I appreciate all you do, and you might be fighting battles to get things published behind the scenes. But, please understand, from my perspective (which includes a B.A. and an M.S. in Communications and 6 years as a television sportscaster in the 1990s), this is either ignorant journalism on the part of the CL or just plain stupidity by your sports editor. I would greatly appreciate a response.

Will be surprised if I get an answer.

msstate7
08-14-2016, 06:31 PM
Dear dawg93,

Hotty toddy

Sincerely,
CL Sports

msbulldog
08-14-2016, 06:32 PM
Like it.

BulldogBear
08-14-2016, 07:01 PM
Dear dawg93,

Hotty toddy

Sincerely,
CL Sports

Bump

I laughed!

SaintDawg
08-14-2016, 08:58 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/GCLlQnV7wzKLu/giphy.gif

maroonmania
08-14-2016, 09:07 PM
All Bonner has time to do is think up questions to ask Mullen about Jeffrey Simmons. Apparently nothing else relative to our football program is worth worrying about.

Buliwyf
08-14-2016, 10:53 PM
There is an article on the CL website about Dak's performance. It was up around 3 but could have been earlier. It's not by Bonner but it's very complimentary.

ScoobaDawg
08-14-2016, 11:25 PM
There is an article on the CL website about Dak's performance. It was up around 3 but could have been earlier. It's not by Bonner but it's very complimentary.

they pulled it from the wire line, it's by Jarrett Bell, USA TODAY Sports

BossDawg
08-14-2016, 11:48 PM
Bonner's too busy trying to find bad things to write about State. Marching orders. He doesn't have time to write about stuff that matters.....geez.

ScoobaDawg
08-14-2016, 11:55 PM
In honesty, bitching to Bonner isn't gonna change anything. wasn't his responsibility. Yell at hugh. He pulled the USA Today story on Tunsil but not Dak's story.
It had nothing to do with the beat writers for either school. That's on the sports editor or above.

Oleo
08-15-2016, 07:25 AM
It is a positive story. says Dak looked like a #1 pick