PDA

View Full Version : I see we've buried the hatchet with Tulane

BulldogBear
08-14-2016, 02:44 PM
http://www.fbschedules.com/2016/08/mississippi-state-tulane-schedule-football-series-2020-2023/

I know it's a destination people like to go to. Idk, maybe I have sour grapes but shouldn't we at least have done a 2 for 1? I mean, they're the dang reason we have to play on the road 6 times this year. We better be taking the whole gate from the game in Starkville and travel expenses from theirs.

Taog Redloh
08-14-2016, 02:54 PM
....but shouldn't we at least have done a 2 for 1?
It's a cheap W, that is why we are doing it. That is the only reason we are doing it.

I am assuming the AD did their homework and did the math between paying them to Starkville out of our home game profits, vs. this. And, the 'W' part is the kicker. We won't be going on too many away games that pose a threat, mainly the UMass', Tulanes, and USAs of the world. However, there are still some dangerous ones like La Tech that I wish we'd stay away from. Rule of thumb, don't play the small town non-P5s who will be fired up beyond belief with at atmosphere that will lure us to sleep. Only big cities and preferably big stadiums. I can get over playing in Tulane's stadium since it's in New Orleans.

Bass Chaser
08-14-2016, 02:58 PM
From what I've read they have a new AD and still owe us like $100K.

Dawgcentral
08-14-2016, 05:36 PM
Even with the penalty, there's no way to make up the loss for Starkville. The loss of a home game must be tremendous.

BulldogBear
08-14-2016, 06:01 PM
I see we have our home game first. Let's play it and then screw them for the other one. I would love it if the buyout was the same as what is was before (not much by current standards). I know, sour grapes.

Bass Chaser
08-14-2016, 06:18 PM
Even with the penalty, there's no way to make up the loss for Starkville. The loss of a home game must be tremendous.

I agree. I'm sure the University and Starkville make more than $2 per person on a home game. Now that I think about it they should estimate loss of revenue plus inflation when cancelling a game within 2 years of said date.

Jack Lambert
08-14-2016, 07:38 PM
Screw them. I wish we would never play them again.

Todd4State
08-14-2016, 09:12 PM
I like playing them but I get not understanding the two for one.

Homedawg
08-14-2016, 09:48 PM
Screw them. I wish we would never play them again.

This. Don't care if we ever play them. With that said, we have to have games and these make sense.