PDA

View Full Version : So if Tiano wins the QB job, can Fitzgerald play WR?

Taog Redloh
08-12-2016, 08:30 PM
He's too good of an athlete to leave on the sidelines.

DownwardDawg
08-12-2016, 08:32 PM
Hail no. He would be the backup QB.

Jack Lambert
08-12-2016, 08:40 PM
Tiano could very well be the guy when they go to Ole Miss.

Taog Redloh
08-12-2016, 08:42 PM
Hail no. He would be the backup QB.

Going forward and beyond, bruh. If Tiano ends the year the starting QB, Fitz is either changing positions or changing teams next year.

msstate7
08-12-2016, 08:47 PM
Going forward and beyond, bruh. If Tiano ends the year the starting QB, Fitz is either changing positions or changing teams next year.

If tiano ends the year successfully as the starter, does Thompson reconsider?

Taog Redloh
08-12-2016, 08:52 PM
If tiano ends the year successfully as the starter, does Thompson reconsider?

Doubt it. 2 years separation there. I mean that's about all you can ask for......learn and be free to start your redshirt junior/senior years. At least that's how I'd view it.

HancockCountyDog
08-12-2016, 09:06 PM
Doubt it. 2 years separation there. I mean that's about all you can ask for......learn and be free to start your redshirt junior/senior years. At least that's how I'd view it.

You are looking at it as a fan, most HS kids aren't excited about sitting for three seasons. Most want to be going pro after their third season, not just getting a chance to play, especially someone as talented as Thompson.

I trust that CDM will be able to manage it.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-12-2016, 09:17 PM
I trust that CDM will be able to manage it.

All this talk about our football team can be addressed with this one quote.

Taog Redloh
08-12-2016, 10:11 PM
All this talk about our football team can be addressed with this one quote.

Oh you mean the guy who floats his name at every available head coaching opening? I'm not talking about 2016, I'm talking about next year and beyond when this Thompson dude gets to campus.

Dallas_Dawg
08-12-2016, 10:34 PM
Goat, I thought for sure you forgot the sarcasterisks

Homedawg
08-12-2016, 11:08 PM

Where is he going to go? Transfer and be a senior? He's not going to switch positions next year.

HancockCountyDog
08-13-2016, 07:28 AM
Where is he going to go? Transfer and be a senior? He's not going to switch positions next year.

This is why Tiano won't be named the starter before season starts. Fitz will be stuck.

basedog
08-13-2016, 08:04 AM
First off, here we can again without ever played one snap some are talking about Tiano being a 3 or 4 year starter. Maybe or maybe not but why all this talk about transferring with Fitz, he has shown some ability and he's gonna play and play a lot. Have not a clue about Tiano but I'm hoping he's as good as some are predicting.

Let the games begin.

DownwardDawg
08-13-2016, 08:38 AM
First off, here we can again without ever played one snap some are talking about Tiano being a 3 or 4 year starter. Maybe or maybe not but why all this talk about transferring with Fitz, he has shown some ability and he's gonna play and play a lot. Have not a clue about Tiano but I'm hoping he's as good as some are predicting.

Let the games begin.
Our fans can't help themselves. Staley hasn't even left yet and we are talking a new QB battle. The batte is between Tiano and DW for the backup.

paindonthurt
08-13-2016, 08:51 AM

A

msugolf
08-13-2016, 08:52 AM
Never have I seen a group of people/fans that can take a bunch of hypotheticals, lead them down a rabbit hole and then ARGUE over them more than MState people do. It's like a sick disease to try and find things to bitch and moan about.

Taog Redloh
08-13-2016, 08:58 AM
Never have I seen a group of people/fans that can take a bunch of hypotheticals, lead them down a rabbit hole and then ARGUE over them more than MState people do. It's like a sick disease to try and find things to bitch and moan about.

What's even worse is you bitching about what others are talking about during the most boring part of the year.

It's just a conversation piece. Deal with it.

Taog Redloh
08-13-2016, 09:00 AM
He's not going to switch positions next year.

I don't understand why he wouldn't, if he knows he has no future at QB but has the ability to play WR. Especially if this Thompson dude is all they say he is, plus another freshman QB the next year. And if he's stuck on playing QB, I could see him dropping to FCS to play.

Joe Schmedlap
08-13-2016, 09:06 AM
Fitz is gonna be the guy this year.. D Williams is the backup. Tiano will be brought in for certain situations the way Dak and Tebow were early in their careers.

Taog Redloh
08-13-2016, 09:08 AM
Fitz is gonna be the guy this year.. D Williams is the backup. Tiano will be brought in for certain situations the way Dak and Tebow were early in their careers.

At the end of the day, I still think so too. I thought Fitz was going to be the guy when we signed him because I knew what type of athlete he was, he reminded me of Collin Klein. But then people I trust start talking about how great Tiano is, makes you doubt.

I mean, I don't watch or keep up with any practices so I don't really know anything. Too old for that jazz.

tcdog70
08-13-2016, 09:45 AM
I think Dan will play at least 2 QBs, maybe all three.

ShotgunDawg
08-13-2016, 09:59 AM
I think Dan will play at least 2 QBs, maybe all three.

Can't play 3. That would disrupt all rhythm on offense. I'm not even a fan of two unless they are completely different styles: I.e. Leake/Tebow, Relf/ Russell, Russell/Prescott, etc.

I'm a big believer in rhythm. I believe that the more carries a RB gets or the more plays a QB runs, their chance of success and finding the flow of the game increases. I also believe a two QB system can be counterproductive because it discourages the QBs to take care of the football and throw it away when necessary.

All to often when I've seen us or another team play two QBs, the 2nd QB comes into the game, disrupts the rhythm of the offense, and then makes boneheaded plays in effort to show the coach he is the best QB. He knows if he throws it away, he may not get another chance.

HancockCountyDog
08-13-2016, 10:24 AM
Can't play 3. That would disrupt all rhythm on offense. I'm not even a fan of two unless they are completely different styles: I.e. Leake/Tebow, Relf/ Russell, Russell/Prescott, etc.

I'm a big believer in rhythm. I believe that the more carries a RB gets or the more plays a QB runs, their chance of success and finding the flow of the game increases. I also believe a two QB system can be counterproductive because it discourages the QBs to take care of the football and throw it away when necessary.

All to often when I've seen us or another team play two QBs, the 2nd QB comes into the game, disrupts the rhythm of the offense, and then makes boneheaded plays in effort to show the coach he is the best QB. He knows if he throws it away, he may not get another chance.

Totally agree. If we play all three and give them meaningful snaps, we will struggle.

paindonthurt
08-13-2016, 10:51 AM
And shumperts gonna start at linebacker

At the end of the day, I still think so too. I thought Fitz was going to be the guy when we signed him because I knew what type of athlete he was, he reminded me of Collin Klein. But then people I trust start talking about how great Tiano is, makes you doubt.

I mean, I don't watch or keep up with any practices so I don't really know anything. Too old for that jazz.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-13-2016, 11:35 AM
Oh you mean the guy who floats his name at every available head coaching opening? I'm not talking about 2016, I'm talking about next year and beyond when this Thompson dude gets to campus.

Yes the guy WHO IS STILL HERE...that stayed even after the Dak era ended. Yes that guy...idiot.

lamont
08-13-2016, 12:03 PM

I'm not sure what those situations would be- Fitz is the best runner we have

bulldawg28
08-13-2016, 01:58 PM
The season can't get here fast enough.

cheewgumm
08-13-2016, 03:25 PM
"This is a great idea." - Matt Jones Arkansas

HoopsDawg
08-13-2016, 05:07 PM
He's too good of an athlete to leave on the sidelines.

There's nothing wrong with being the backup QB at an SEC program. Hopefully Dan will choose the starter solely on merit and completely ignore everything else.

defiantdog
08-13-2016, 06:16 PM
Fitz isn't going to switch positions or transfer. Tiano looks good right now (needs to work on the short passes - as coach would say, his check down Charlie passes). But I see Fitz starting. I also like Gibson as rb, but it's going to be Aeris and the feather weight back there. The other guys will get some touches though.

Goldendawg
08-13-2016, 07:52 PM
Is this thought not a little premature when neither Fritz nor Tiano have yet to start a SEC game. Unless they are the absolute best and all have improved, I just don't want to see Williams start at QB, Shump at H-Back, and Holloway at RB and the first play be Hollaway up the gut for only two yards.