PDA

View Full Version : The fall up north is going to be glorious

starkvegasdawg
08-12-2016, 07:06 PM
I thought even the most deluded of bear fans by now expected something was coming NCAA wise. Evidently not. My mom started a new teaching job this week and was talking to a bear fan there. Making conversation she asked about their issues. He looked at her like she was crazy. Basically saying there is nothing going on. Just a little something with Tunsil. My mom liked at him and said she knows there's been a lot of NCAA stuff going on. He then with a dead serious face asked her to name one thing they had done wrong. My mom, not being as up on things couldn't name anything, but this guy really thinks nothing is going on. They're mixing the kool aid even stronger than thought.

notsofarawaydawg
08-12-2016, 07:26 PM
All my rebelbear coworkers run from me. They know there's going to be a big celebration when that day comes.

ShotgunDawg
08-12-2016, 07:30 PM
It must be a daily frustration for them.

How can you enjoy today if you know your 1 day closer to your football program being sodomized?

They'll never tell you, but their impending doom will ruin their ability to enjoy their upcoming season. It will be this negative feeling in their gut every time something goes well.

Part of the fun of winning is the hope it builds that you are building a championship caliber program, but, when you know that your program is on life support, how do you enjoy winning?

Goldendawg
08-12-2016, 07:37 PM
All of my bear friends and co-workers now admit they are in trouble. The line from most is now, "I can't do anything about it and what happens, happens". This mainly comes from bears aged late 30's to early 60's. Those younger may be in the koolaid because they know little except the magic of the beaver and the beauty of the grove.

msstate7
08-12-2016, 07:38 PM
So I assume om got an extension from the COI. When's the next date?

starkvegasdawg
08-12-2016, 07:47 PM
So I assume om got an extension from the COI. When's the next date?

I've heard nothing gets handed down til sometime in 2017. Looks like they get this year on the house.

ShotgunDawg
08-12-2016, 07:49 PM
I've heard nothing gets handed down til sometime in 2017. Looks like they get this year on the house.

That's a good way of putting it.

It unionized team gets to compete in college football this year. It's extremely unfair for schools that do things the right way

tireddawg
08-12-2016, 07:58 PM
TFUN*

reno hightower
08-12-2016, 09:04 PM

**** those guys...

I seen it dawg
08-12-2016, 11:09 PM
That's my line

reno hightower
08-13-2016, 07:32 AM
That's my line

Sorry bro..couldn't resist

mic
08-13-2016, 08:35 AM
That's my line

Wooooooo....

SDDawg
08-13-2016, 05:41 PM
My uncle is a "woke Bear", told me today that the bowl ban is key. They know that as soon as a bowl ban is announced that the dominos will start falling and it will take years to recover. There's a sliver of hope that they could escape, but only a sliver.

CJDAWG85
08-13-2016, 06:08 PM
If they start the year 1-4 or 2-3, which is a real possibility, do they self impose a post season ban to ease the blow?

BossDawg
08-13-2016, 06:22 PM
If they start the year 1-4 or 2-3, which is a real possibility, do they self impose a post season ban to ease the blow?

I don't think they'd be able to do that. At least that's what I've heard. Evidently things are set up so that option isn't available.

starkvegasdawg
08-13-2016, 06:24 PM

If they do I hope the NCAA sees through it and slaps another two year ban on top of it.

Goldendawg
08-13-2016, 08:33 PM
I want penalties greater then USC (West) and a tiny bit less than SMU.

Jack Lambert
08-13-2016, 09:24 PM
I thought even the most deluded of bear fans by now expected something was coming NCAA wise. Evidently not. My mom started a new teaching job this week and was talking to a bear fan there. Making conversation she asked about their issues. He looked at her like she was crazy. Basically saying there is notWhing going on. Just a little something with Tunsil. My mom liked at him and said she knows there's been a lot of NCAA stuff going on. He then with a dead serious face asked her to name one thing they had done wrong. My mom, not being as up on things couldn't name anything, but this guy really thinks nothing is going on. They're mixing the kool aid even stronger than thought.

Elite dawg needs to send that person a letter with a list of problems.

Dawgowar
08-13-2016, 10:43 PM
I want penalties greater then USC (West) and a tiny bit less than SMU.

Can't say it enough. I want them sitting in year two of their probation, like I did ours, realizing all the alleged talent was gone. Realizing our rivals had indeed f'd us and we helped them do it. I want them to know what it is like to see how pathetic your team has become and you are not anywhere near seeing the light at the end of tunnel. I want them to see the names 'Marshal' , 'Eastern Michigan', and 'Boise State' next to theirs in recruits' profiles. I want them to wish the NCAA had a draft. Truly would like them to endure the equivalent of losing to Maine multiple times. Would asking for their name to become synonymous with out of conference AWAY homecoming games be too much to ask for?

Reason2succeed
08-13-2016, 10:57 PM
Can't say it enough. I want them sitting in year two of their probation, like I did ours, realizing all the alleged talent was gone. Realizing our rivals had indeed f'd us and we helped them do it. I want them to know what it is like to see how pathetic your team has become and you are not anywhere near seeing the light at the end of tunnel. I want them to see the names 'Marshal' , 'Eastern Michigan', and 'Boise State' next to theirs in recruits' profiles. I want them to wish the NCAA had a draft. Truly would like them to endure the equivalent of losing to Maine multiple times. Would asking for their name to become synonymous with out of conference AWAY homecoming games be too much to ask for?

^^^^^^^^THIS RIGHT HERE^^^^^^^

I hope the NCAA buries them.

bulldogcountry1
08-14-2016, 07:55 AM
I would love to see the hammer drop now, but the longer this thing drags along, the better. The storm cloud looms in the distance, and it's getting bigger and darker. No matter what they say, it's going to have a negative effect on this season.

So, as soon as the punishment starts, the clock starts on the healing. Delayed gratification is best.

BulldogBear
08-14-2016, 01:24 PM

It unionized team gets to compete in college football this year. It's extremely unfair for schools that do things the right way
Agree with this completely (see below)

This^^^

I would love to see the hammer drop now, but the longer this thing drags along, the better. The storm cloud looms in the distance, and it's getting bigger and darker. No matter what they say, it's going to have a negative effect on this season.

So, as soon as the punishment starts, the clock starts on the healing. Delayed gratification is best.

I can see logic here ^ as well. But, like Shotgun said, it sucks if they are gonna get this season "on the house." They should not get to benefit from their shenanagins and have another year of lying to recruits. If there is any way to at least get the bowl ban started this season, the NCAA should do it.

lastmajordog
08-14-2016, 04:06 PM

One reason I have had a BAD feeling about this year for awhile.......again....hope I'm wrong.