PDA

View Full Version : How is a horse prancing a sport?!?

Reason2succeed
08-12-2016, 04:47 PM
I took equestrian at State but geez. I get how the jumps and stuff is very athletic but what I'm watching on CNBC doesn't look like a human sport at all. Who is the athlete? The horse? The trainer? It sure isn't the rider.

Can we get some more real sports in the olympics like football, baseball and softball?

Todd4State
08-12-2016, 04:54 PM
Baseball and softball are back in 2020.

sleepy dawg
08-12-2016, 07:46 PM
I took equestrian at State but geez. I get how the jumps and stuff is very athletic but what I'm watching on CNBC doesn't look like a human sport at all. Who is the athlete? The horse? The trainer? It sure isn't the rider.

Can we get some more real sports in the olympics like football, baseball and softball?

For starters, it is the Olympics Games, not Olympic Sports, so I'm okay with not just plugging in the current most popular sports at will.

However I also agree, if I'm reading you correctly, horses should not be in the Olympics. It should be human games only.

shannondawg
08-12-2016, 08:33 PM
There's a hell of a lot more to it than just sitting on the horse. The training takes years for those horses, and for those riders the same.

I'm a cutting horse man myself, and want to talk about athletes, they are terrific? But I enjoy watching a well trained animal do anything. Not everybody can do it.

Hell of a lot more entertaining than watching whitewater rafting and some of those other sports, like rowing.

Reason2succeed
08-12-2016, 08:43 PM
There's a hell of a lot more to it than just sitting on the horse. The training takes years for those horses, and for those riders the same.

I'm a cutting horse man myself, and want to talk about athletes, they are terrific? But I enjoy watching a well trained animal do anything. Not everybody can do it.

Hell of a lot more entertaining than watching whitewater rafting and some of those other sports, like rowing.

Whitewater rafting is awesome! Rowing is classic. I just think that animal sports shouldn't really be in the Olympics. If we are really going for games not sports I need them to add card games and dominoes.***

somebodyshotmypaw
08-12-2016, 09:44 PM
There are other horse sports in the olympics. Like water polo.

I think if ping pong is going to be an Olympic sport, then air hockey and foosball should get a shot. I'll take a foreigner to chuck-e-cheese and whip his ass in air hockey. Gimme my gold medal.

gtowndawg
08-12-2016, 11:12 PM
I took equestrian at State but geez. I get how the jumps and stuff is very athletic but what I'm watching on CNBC doesn't look like a human sport at all. Who is the athlete? The horse? The trainer?

Fancy Prance Yo!!

bulldawg28
08-13-2016, 07:05 AM
Whitewater rafting is awesome! Rowing is classic. I just think that animal sports shouldn't really be in the Olympics. If we are really going for games not sports I need them to add card games and dominoes.***

Which game of cards are we referring to here? And where do I try out***

Reason2succeed
08-13-2016, 07:22 AM
Which game of cards are we referring to here? And where do I try out***

Let Vegas host an Olympics. Athletes will not be on Tinder. They'd be on Grindr. Poker for sure. Team spades, Speed, and gin rummy, and black jack.***

bulldawg28
08-13-2016, 10:50 AM
Let Vegas host an Olympics. Athletes will not be on Tinder. They'd be on Grindr. Poker for sure. Team spades, Speed, and gin rummy, and black jack.***

Gotcha

sleepy dawg
08-13-2016, 05:45 PM

I won't argue that a ton goes into it, and not many can do what they do, but ultimately, you are dependent on the horse's abilities more than anything else.