PDA

View Full Version : Home and Home w/ Tulane. WHY?

jumbo
08-12-2016, 02:41 PM
After them backing out on us, why the hell would we agree to give them a home game?

TrapGame
08-12-2016, 02:42 PM
So we have another reason to go party on Bourbon Street.

Steakonastick
08-12-2016, 02:43 PM
I would have said 2 for 1 and we play in the super dome. Got drunk off my ass watching them beat croom down there as a student.

spbdawg
08-12-2016, 02:51 PM
#

MSUDawg99
08-12-2016, 02:55 PM
Just saw Rosie tweet that there is apparently a new AD at Tulane & they will also still be required to pay the 2016 escape penalty.

Todd4State
08-12-2016, 03:04 PM
Heck yes! I am all for this. It's basically like another home game for us.

Todd4State
08-12-2016, 03:05 PM
Just saw Rosie tweet that there is apparently a new AD at Tulane & they will also still be required to pay the 2016 escape penalty.

They do and he is a really good AD.

Thrill1
08-12-2016, 03:24 PM
Yep new AD is the key and they've already paid us for backing out of this year's game.

Bucky Dog
08-12-2016, 03:34 PM
Are we going to play it in the Dome or at their stadium? I always loved back in the day taking 20-25 K fans down there. It was like a bowl game, and being able to drink in the dome was great. If we play at their field then meh!!

Todd4State
08-12-2016, 03:50 PM
It's going to be at their field. But it's a nice small stadium and it's not far from the streetcar which can take you down to the Quarter to their campus.

LC Dawg
08-12-2016, 04:16 PM
I'm all for the home and home because I love a trip to New Orleans. However, even if they are paying an escape penalty it still doesn't change the fact that we only have six home games this season. I would like to beat them by about 50 in the first game with our starters playing the entire game and then let Stricklin tell them we're even.

Todd4State
08-12-2016, 04:19 PM
I'm all for the home and home because I love a trip to New Orleans. However, even if they are paying an escape penalty it still doesn't change the fact that we only have six home games this season. I would like to beat them by about 50 in the first game with our starters playing the entire game and then let Stricklin tell them we're even.

I actually prefer we take out any frustrations on them by going Derrick Taite Tulane 1994 on them.

HSVDawg
08-12-2016, 04:25 PM
Yep new AD is the key and they've already paid us for backing out of this year's game.

Really? We got the $100,000 escape clause money that was in the contract Templeton signed in 1995? Awesome! That more than makes up for having to send our entire team to f-ing Utah for 3 days***

basedog
08-12-2016, 06:15 PM
Recruiting in south La will help also. Lsu can't get em all.

War Machine Dawg
08-12-2016, 06:16 PM
This bullshit is ridiculous. I don't mind scheduling Tulane, but I DO mind only getting a home-and-home out of them. Same with the Mustard Buzzards. We're an SEC program and should be getting a 2-for-1 out of schools that shitty. When I rant about Stricklin, it's stuff like this that makes me question how good he really is.

Dawgcentral
08-12-2016, 06:24 PM
At least it's not the 1st week of September.

Last time I attended a game against Tulane in the Dome was when JWS was at the end of his time with us. I met Basedog down there and made the drive back that night killing ever bug in the southeast with my windshield. I think we led the game through 3 quarters, then our D looked totally confused as we gave up 2-3 drives in the 4th.

I'm with the guy who said we need to lay 50 on them. "Take the Fo Lane to TwoLane!"

Todd4State
08-12-2016, 06:27 PM
Recruiting in south La will help also. Lsu can't get em all.

This is true and we are doing pretty well in New Orleans recruiting lately. It's a nice hidden pipeline.

Todd4State
08-12-2016, 06:28 PM
At least it's not the 1st week of September.

Last time I attended a game against Tulane in the Dome was when JWS was at the end of his time with us. I met Basedog down there and made the drive back that night killing ever bug in the southeast with my windshield. I think we led the game through 3 quarters, then our D looked totally confused as we gave up 2-3 drives in the 4th.

I'm with the guy who said we need to lay 50 on them. "Take the Fo Lane to TwoLane!"

That was the game where Justin Jenkins made a catch that should have been ruled a completion.

Jarius
08-12-2016, 06:36 PM
I wish we would play them every single year in New Orleans.

Dawgcentral
08-12-2016, 06:40 PM
One more thing. As I was leaving the dome, some guy says to me,"Now you know what it's like to be a Saints Fan."

I told him, "Listen man, MSU has been losing a hell of a lot longer than your Saints".

I knew right then it was over for Jackie. That last staff he put together was just horrible.

BHildreth3
08-12-2016, 06:48 PM
Why?

Because playing a football game in New Orleans = an awesome weekend of: Food, Drinks, and Winning a football game.

the59dawg
08-12-2016, 07:22 PM
Well at least the first game is at Starkville.

Goldendawg
08-12-2016, 07:32 PM
How many seats does their new stadium have? After the last fiasco, the buyout should be at least half a million or more. I despise us only having 6 home games this year because of them and the late, not so great Larry Templeton.

Apoplectic
08-12-2016, 09:25 PM
I wish we would play them every single year in New Orleans.

Finally someone with a brain!!!!

somebodyshotmypaw
08-12-2016, 09:40 PM
Really? We got the $100,000 escape clause money that was in the contract Templeton signed in 1995? Awesome! That more than makes up for having to send our entire team to f-ing Utah for 3 days***

Tulane is causing us to go to Massachusetts, not Utah.

War Machine Dawg
08-12-2016, 11:20 PM
Tulane is causing us to go to Massachusetts, not Utah.

Yup. Thank Saban and his whining about schedules for the trip to Utah.

Political Hack
08-13-2016, 07:35 AM
They kicked us in the shin, spit in our faces, and then asked us to pay them a lot of money for a home and home with a straight face and we said "sure, thanks."

I don't get it. We shouldn't be doing them any favors.

War Machine Dawg
08-13-2016, 07:41 AM
They kicked us in the shin, spit in our faces, and then asked us to pay them a lot of money for a home and home with a straight face and we said "sure, thanks."

Like I said, Strick not getting a 2 for 1 out of them out to be dereliction of duty. The fact he's AD of the Year should speak volumes about how much everyone else sucks, because I don't think he's particularly good.

was21
08-13-2016, 12:51 PM
It seats close to 30,000

TUSK
08-13-2016, 01:06 PM
I don't understand this... How much do teams like Tulane, UMASS, BYU, USM, etc. pay yall to come to their place(s)?

Jarius
08-13-2016, 01:42 PM
I will enjoy the game and enjoy the outstanding food and night life in New Orleans. There are a lot of road trips that I don't like, but New Orleans ain't one of them. The AD that screwed us over from Tulane is gone. They have a new administration. It's a great time down there and it's in a recruiting hot bed.

Todd4State
08-13-2016, 01:45 PM
I don't understand this... How much do teams like Tulane, UMASS, BYU, USM, etc. pay yall to come to their place(s)?

Probably about as much as Duke paid you to go play them in Durham.

TUSK
08-13-2016, 01:58 PM
Probably about as much as Duke paid you to go play them in Durham.

there was at least the Cutcliffe/Wade connection there... although we shouldn't have thrown them that bone, IMO....

I just don't get the habitual nature of the idea.... for ANY SEC program...

Todd4State
08-13-2016, 02:29 PM
there was at least the Cutcliffe/Wade connection there... although we shouldn't have thrown them that bone, IMO....

I just don't get the habitual nature of the idea.... for ANY SEC program...

Do you really expect every OOC opponent to play SEC teams on the road? Even Alabama can't do that and thus has to play in Kickoff Classics. MSU playing Tulane isn't that much different in that it's a game where we are going to have a huge crowd even though it's technically a road game. And I'm not talking about TV money here vs a Kickoff Classic. Just the general principle of having a game where alumni can make a trip to watch their team play.

TUSK
08-13-2016, 02:41 PM
Do you really expect every OOC opponent to play SEC teams on the road? Even Alabama can't do that and thus has to play in Kickoff Classics. MSU playing Tulane isn't that much different in that it's a game where we are going to have a huge crowd even though it's technically a road game. And I'm not talking about TV money here vs a Kickoff Classic. Just the general principle of having a game where alumni can make a trip to watch their team play.

Heck no. I love the neutral site games on opening weekends. Great exposure, great money, cool venues, good for SOS, etc. Alabama could easily buy a bullshit win in BD, but I like the trend of playing the Clemson/Michigan/WV/Wisconsin/FSU types.

CadaverDawg
08-13-2016, 05:17 PM

I'm with you. This gives off a pathetic, no balls, ok with being walked on by a peon, look. I am not happy with it one bit. But my opinion has no merit. The reason we get no 7th home game, a kick In the nuts, and a trip to UMass is Tulane. No way in hell they'd ever get more than a 2 for 1 with a huge buyout from me....especially this quick after screwing us. Looks weak. Bad move by Stricklin