PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a scrimmage recap?

HoopsDawg
08-12-2016, 09:42 AM
Nm

Maroons
08-12-2016, 10:01 AM
Paul has good post on 247 with a lot of positives on individual guys on D.

HoopsDawg
08-12-2016, 10:42 AM
Paul has good post on 247 with a lot of positives on individual guys on D.

How about a summary. I don't subscribe.

ShotgunDawg
08-12-2016, 10:53 AM
The summery is the same as all other first scrimmages. Just copy & past.

Defense was ahead of offense, OL did well early before DL depth caught up with them, all QBs split reps, Shumpert & Gibson finished runs, Donald Gray was good, Ross was held out, the TE position looks surprising deep & good, OL looks much better physically than a year ago & did some nice things in the scrimmage, Greg Eiland looks really good as a young OL, James, Calvin, Lewis, & Green look like studs on defense, Jung & Dez Harris also looked good, Cam Dantzler looks more athletic than Banks at same age, Bryant looked awesome & is headed towards a big year, Jiles looks like he's taken a big step forward & now looks the part. Overall perception was that the corners look better than expected,

Maroons
08-12-2016, 02:20 PM
How about a summary. I don't subscribe.

Nope. Not going to post paid content.

It's worth subscribing for team and recruiting news.

HoopsDawg
08-12-2016, 03:32 PM

Nah, not going to subscribe for 1 report. I'll be at the other scrimmages. Thanks Shotgun.

shannondawg
08-12-2016, 05:30 PM
Nah, not going to subscribe for 1 report. I'll be at the other scrimmages. Thanks Shotgun.

Did you watch the basketball game today, if so what are you thinking. Especially about the point guard from La?

ILOATHEBears
08-12-2016, 06:21 PM
Nm

Not related to scrimmage news but I talked to a guy I work with that lives in Salt Lake and is a die hard BYU alum. Said they have already had some good oline and dline go down with injury. Doesn't know if they make it back by our game.

DownwardDawg
08-12-2016, 06:27 PM

All paid content ends up here for free anyway.

Goldendawg
08-12-2016, 07:42 PM
Some of the BYU players may be getting injured due to their advanced ages. Do their players still take that 2(?) year mission trip and we end up playing a bunch of 24 and 25 year olds like the last years we played them? I hope we get to furnish the refs. They robbed us in one game years ago.