PDA

View Full Version : New Baseball commit from the coast...

Coursesuper
08-11-2016, 06:14 PM
Landon Jordan, Hancock High, kid can play.

msbulldog
08-11-2016, 06:21 PM
Great news! We've been losing players right and left all summer.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-11-2016, 06:25 PM

We've gotten some good commitments this summer too. They just don't get as much pub as a good melt when we lose guys.

Homedawg
08-11-2016, 06:53 PM

Oh perception is unreally wrong at times.....

Bully13
08-11-2016, 07:53 PM
Cohen and crew are working their asses off . I'm no longer worried as to whether or not he's committed to or has the ability to make us an elite program. He has us where we belong.

shoeless joe
08-11-2016, 08:06 PM
Cohen and crew are working their asses off . I'm no longer worried as to whether or not he's committed to or has the ability to make us an elite program. He has us where we belong.

You Doubted his commitment to the program?!? Good grief...

preachermatt83
08-11-2016, 08:13 PM
When he says this kid can play... Believe it. Absolute freak

preachermatt83
08-11-2016, 08:16 PM
But he gives a new meaning to the word raw.

BiscuitEater
08-11-2016, 08:42 PM

Seems to me that every time we lose a player .. couple of days later we are getting a quality replacement.

Haven't been keeping up with numbers. So .. how many have left and how many have we added?

Dawg Tired
08-11-2016, 09:03 PM
Here's the skinny on Landon from a friend of mine: He hit .468 as a sophomore last year with 11 extra base hits and 14 stolen bases. He runs a 6.5 second 60 yard dash and plays middle infield.

Maroon Diapers
08-11-2016, 09:18 PM
But he gives a new meaning to the word raw.

Hunter Refroe keeps that crown hopefully

ZedFedder
08-11-2016, 10:23 PM
Where do he and the catcher we just got rank?

smootness
08-11-2016, 10:56 PM

There are quite a few who have lost all perspective.

Todd4State
08-11-2016, 11:22 PM
For a kid to hit like that in 6A ball is beyond impressive. That’s Jeffrey Rea-esque considering his age, the level he is playing at and his position.

We lost Pearson, Milligan, and Morazos. We replaced them with Josh Hatcher, Bryce Richardson, and we’re probably about to get Tanner Smith per rumor. While the three guys we lost are good players, the three we picked up are all better players IMO. That is if we get them through the draft.

I don’t know a lot about Hayden Jones but my guess is we will probably end up moving him to another position besides catcher- likely outfield based on how the class is shaping up. I think Luke Hancock stays at catcher for us.

I’m pleased with how our recruiting has gone overall during this transition period.

Jack Owen and Quenton Holmes are really talented players as well- Holmes being a draft risk.

Bully13
08-12-2016, 06:59 AM

Didn't mean to come out like that.

Coursesuper
08-12-2016, 08:09 AM
For a kid to hit like that in 6A ball is beyond impressive. That’s Jeffrey Rea-esque considering his age, the level he is playing at and his position.

We lost Pearson, Milligan, and Morazos. We replaced them with Josh Hatcher, Bryce Richardson, and we’re probably about to get Tanner Smith per rumor. While the three guys we lost are good players, the three we picked up are all better players IMO. That is if we get them through the draft.

I don’t know a lot about Hayden Jones but my guess is we will probably end up moving him to another position besides catcher- likely outfield based on how the class is shaping up. I think Luke Hancock stays at catcher for us.

I’m pleased with how our recruiting has gone overall during this transition period.

Jack Owen and Quenton Holmes are really talented players as well- Holmes being a draft risk.

Landon has been playing ball with my son since the eighth grade, ++ speed, hits for average and with power may not be an infielder in college. Will be an outstanding player after a red shirt year. He would have been our QB this year and next but he is now baseball only. Very good get.

maroonmania
08-12-2016, 08:43 AM
Didn't mean to come out like that.

I think the question has always been more about the MSU fans commitment to Cohen. Ever since the rift created by Polk when Cohen was hired coupled with the early lean years and an unexpected poor year in 2015, there has always been a portion of the MSU fanbase that seemed to never fully buy into Cohen. Hoping after an outstanding bounce back 2016 with an SEC championship that Cohen might finally be able to get full fan buy in (or as close as you can get to that). I mean I thought the doubters were put to bed with the 2013 CWS run but then 2015 happened.