PDA

View Full Version : OT....looking for help with a message that a 'script'

oldjoedawg
08-11-2016, 06:12 PM
Frequently on this site, my computer locks up and a dialog box appears which reads, "A script has stopped working" .... it gives 3 options...1. continue, 2. stop script or 3. debug the script. None of those options do anything for my situation. It seems to have something to do with 'google ads....' Any info that leads to solving this will be greatly appreciated. Show me some mercy...I'm an old dude from the Class of '62

Martianlander
08-11-2016, 06:57 PM
Usually stop script will do the trick. If it doesn't it may be in your computer and you will have to reboot. Some of the younger guys probably have more insight than I do.

FISHDAWG
08-11-2016, 07:07 PM
I had that happen to me for the first time a week ago ... since I'm the equivalent of a computer imbecile I just shut it down and ran a full scan thinking it might be an attack or something ... I'm on a laptop and would like to hear some advice as well

Dallas_Dawg
08-11-2016, 07:10 PM
If you use google chrome, there's a checkbox that's something along the lines of always enable script or something. Click that and yes and it shouldn't happen any more.
Old timers, Google chrome is way better than internet explorer. Simply download and install it and your life will be changed

sleepy dawg
08-11-2016, 07:20 PM
PMs sent to oldjoe and fish. If that doesn't help, let me know and I will come up with an alternate solution. My solution is simple and (I believe) effective, but probably not good for business, I will not post publicly.