PDA

View Full Version : Wow. I've never read anything like this. A MUST read.

Maroon Blood
08-11-2016, 09:43 AM
I sure hope the link works:

https://www.facebook.com/LCC.Moose/posts/1209464659106392

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-11-2016, 09:48 AM
Damn good find!

An article from Italian coach, who works with media, about LCC Moose basketball - Mississippi State University game
"First stage of the College Basketball Tour in Italy, an event that aims to bring some US basketball teams of the university circuit to Europe ... around the country with a series of friendly games. Involved teams from different divisions: the most noble so far have not been seen, however, you may be lucky and find teams of Division 1 or future NBA players (like KJ McDaniels here for the tour, for example).
My fortune is to be able to attend the first game on the sideline: near the two benches, to view a short distance situations that, in the March Madness, you see only on TV at their highest level.

The first team from US is the Mississippi State University: burgundy jerseys, faces some tired from jet lag.
First impression while in the warm up: there are exercises for placements in the post: Low-High post. Firstly, it exalts the physicality of the US. It is necessary to relate these to the Italian style, there is an abyss.
In addition, they look really come out of cartoons depicting the American classics: staff with a plethora of assistants (10), including the white square face, the mulatto likely former player with little hair, many kg and the impression of calm and wisdom the silent boy afro that would only be triggered in the celebrations and protests, led by the Head coach than the other, gruff and accent marked for technical terms (even being compared with the referees); Finally the representative of the university, close to the table, Coke in hand, hair a little long, tanned and pulled despite his age is under 30. With regard to the field, the best player of last season Gavin Ware is absent due participation in Summer League with the Orlando Magic, while the best possible prospect for NBA drafts Quinndary Wheaterspoon wears a pair of red shoes that help it stand out before the competition starts.
Others ... well, those others are white, seem ordered, the coach is typically baltic posture with the face, the eye of ice, the blonde fringe arranged with the lateral line: will eventually have to be the victims, everyone is waiting for the show of Americans.

But maybe not.

Ready, set, go. LCC just above: the Mississippi pick'n'roll decides to make a strong show with its long, strong physical strength but on the shore Lithuanians are always rotating, focusing under the basket, along with the second American to watch without mentioning the slightest help. Once, twice, three times the same situation: Oh, yes Lithuanians are always Europeans huh, know how to play.
On the other hand, Mississippi try to run and run, but the LCC holds well the first steps and then come out just a series of forced and one basket of Wheaterspoon that for the rest of the game - it will not be an easy walk, indeed.
Swirl of change, come to Mississipi, looking for the key to the problem; the coach is finding some rippling in his tan, but before going off with a pair of triple beat out Carter, whose readiness due fearful look would not bet no one, held in Mississipi contact.
And so continues the whole game, marked by continuous tearing: Mississippi tries to throw on the run and just can Wheaterspoon pocket the counterattack, shooting, conclusion 3, penetration; LCC massacres to rebound long offencive balls from US (to which punitive changes do not bring the idea to try at least to mention occasionally) and then manages to pull up often, especially from 3 points, alternating the initial pick'n'roll with tail lift of pick'n'pop where long USA assist containing and undergoing field goal instead of from below, from the outside while the defense plant a solid zone against which the Yankees are forced to play small ball.
Oh, but anyway, Lithuanians...

The competitive spirit halls: sprained accidental knee to a Lithuanian boy in Stoic not say a word but just writhing in pain (very surreal scene), while the grandstand with 5/6 female fans Yanks salt decibels, of course with a little lady color plump, her hair in chignon, blacks goggles, probably the mother of someone of the players used as the best films makes the lion's share, next to the tiny little girl with the ponytail, white and freckled, with the combination hat / official university t-shirt ... well, the scenes in many TV shows of the 90's you have seen?
final stages: point to point game, the Americans have understood that perhaps the rules of FIBA half court (already broken twice) lose a ball to the infringement and are under fear. Wheaterspoon possessed obviously marks by 3 points, and then do it with bonuses for two shots of LCC ... how would the ending already written?
For the sadness of the head of the tour that had already given orders to the driver to start the engine, as well as the grin off his face companion obviously wrong first and second marked free: parity. 2/2 and 70 from the end, throw under the basket after timeout, and Mississippi launches for Wheaterspoon in midfield that free touch Holmes under the basket; too low ball, Holmes can not get there (after destroying the iron in hack staff just a couple of minutes before with a series of impressive brick) ... 73 even. It gets to the overtime.
With accompanying sigh of relief. Mica Lithuanians do not give up...
Additional, tired teams, and takes out the physicality of the Yankees. Took the lead but mostly revolve the inertia of the game on their side, the Baltic try with some triple (especially with the possessions seconds that continuing to operate), but on +4 Mississippi and fouled in the bonus regime seems over; there the Lithuanian coach tries to play late in the paper of the repeated protests, without success but with a nice curtain.
On the foul whistle, cold and powerful scream face: "NO WAY! NO WAY! "
From the stands, the tiny white supporter USA, smitten, collects the little voice: "Please, stop it!"
The stroke of genius of the head-LCC coach: "You see, even the girl says you're wrong!" (Interpretation of the reality of a typical Italian election campaign).
technical foul.
The request of the Mississippi coach on what infringement which preceded (between technical foul and that the player, justified request by the various regulatory differences between basketball in NCAA and FIBA) and closing of furious baltic: "He do not even know the rules! ! "
Free throws, closing the game. Accompanying smile worthy of Baywatch. Mom in the stands finally quiet.
Nice match in the end: no easy walk, but the clash cartoon-like between the two schools and their differences.
The observed Wheaterspoon special marks in every way, we could see him at the top although physically is average (which is to say that in our country would make a difference).
Excellent opening for College Basketball Tour, little could be hoped for better!"
Link to original article: https://coachmunno.wordpress.com/…/one-day-of-ncaa-college…/

Bubb Rubb
08-11-2016, 09:49 AM
Did Swami write this?

gtowndawg
08-11-2016, 09:58 AM
"The first team from US is the Mississippi State University"

He got that part right.

JoseBrown
08-11-2016, 10:01 AM
Good find..

1. I wonder if they read our articles with the same confusion I read theirs?
2. Wheaterspoon... Haha, Q would've been easier for him..
3. Plump.. Haha
4. We would get arrested over here with all the ethnical descriptors
5. "From the 90's" great perception of our rich fans...
6. All 10 of our assts... Haha
7. Oh crap, 17 him for calling us Mississippi so many times

That's all I can remember, but very funny to read...

starkvegasdawg
08-11-2016, 10:03 AM
I have a headache now.

AFDawg
08-11-2016, 10:05 AM
I will forever think of Howland as "Baltic."

BeardoMSU
08-11-2016, 10:06 AM
Did Swami write this?

Close...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfHOQAT0-Mk

Liverpooldawg
08-11-2016, 10:08 AM
That's an auto translation for sure. It would be nice to get someone who speaks his language to translate it for us.

Beaver
08-11-2016, 10:08 AM
It kinda reads like an NFL Films script... Read it slowly and visualize everything in a slightly slower than real-time sense.

AFDawg
08-11-2016, 10:21 AM
http://youtu.be/-VsmF9m_Nt8

AlmostPositive
08-11-2016, 12:08 PM
So the team MSU beat got a win against Kansas State, at least? (Story just below the linked one, apparently they were up by 18 late....) Good to know I guess.

preachermatt83
08-11-2016, 12:27 PM
Did Swami write this?

Rep points given.

Coldsleeve Jr.
08-11-2016, 12:44 PM
White square face. Sounds like the work of Borat.

PassInterference
08-11-2016, 01:15 PM
I will forever think of Howland as "Baltic."

Exactly. The Baltic one.

FISHDAWG
08-11-2016, 01:20 PM
Did Swami write this?

or possibly a really drunk rebelbruiser

archdog
08-11-2016, 01:28 PM
Coach 34, still writing cool pieces.

DownwardDawg
08-11-2016, 02:49 PM
I have a headache now.

Me too. Awful.

Bothrops
08-11-2016, 04:21 PM
I didn't get very far with that gibberish.

Reason2succeed
08-11-2016, 05:41 PM
Which one of our coaches is a mulatto? Hahahaha! That's some old slave language.