PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Choice: Why Did Freeze Stay in Contact with Chris Jones?

ShotgunDawg
08-11-2016, 09:08 AM
A. Because Freeze feared for his soul

B. Because Freeze actually found Chris to be a swell dude & genuinely enjoyed his company

C. Because he was trying to gain top secret information about Manny Diaz's vaunted 4-3 defense

D. Because he's paranoid about what Chris may have been telling the NCAA & he wants keep Chris close to discourage Chris from telling on him & to attempt to find out what Chris told the NCAA

Would be interesting to see if Freeze stays in contact with other top tier recruits that he misses on. Something tells me that he does. We already know that Simmons has heard from Freeze since signing with us while Ole Miss was trying to get him in case we suspended him for a season.

Just something to ponder

Political Hack
08-11-2016, 09:19 AM
I've always thought that. The saying "keep your friends close. Keep your enemies closer." comes to mind.

Todd4State
08-11-2016, 09:26 AM
I think it's so he can get them to transfer in the event that things don't go well at their present school. I suspect that is how they got Stringfellow and Christian Morris.

Just a hunch.

BossDawg
08-11-2016, 09:33 AM
Elsewhere, they are saying D. As worried as Freeze gets about what everybody is saying, I can most certainly see him calling Jones and asking him what he told the NCAA. Freeze is so obsessive over stuff like that - he has to be "in the know", even if it's something about what people are saying about him on Twitter, as evidenced by his replies to certain tweets.

JoseBrown
08-11-2016, 09:37 AM
Naturally A and D stick out as the reasons I've always believed...good job. Probably just another "mistake" for him to have been paranoid, been seeking info from a kid like that and been discouraging the kid from telling on his lying ass. It's all about the "narrative"!!

Bodawg
08-11-2016, 09:38 AM
I think you should add that the Beaver was setting up a mission trip to Hati.

Reason2succeed
08-11-2016, 09:42 AM
"D."

BING BING BING BING BING!!!!! "Ross Bjork tell them what they've won!"

"They've won a NNNNEEEEEWWWW CCCCAAARRRR! With headlights twice as bright as last year."

gtowndawg
08-11-2016, 09:46 AM
I agree with answer D. But is Chris the type that would spill the beans on Freeze? I have absolutely no idea, but he seems like a pretty happy go lucky guy. Not looking to get anyone in trouble even if they deserve it type guy.

ShotgunDawg
08-11-2016, 09:49 AM
I agree with answer D. But is Chris the type that would spill the beans on Freeze? I have absolutely no idea, but he seems like a pretty happy go lucky guy. Not looking to get anyone in trouble even if they deserve it type guy.

I don't think Chris would, but I absolutely believe that Freeze set out to maintain a buddy buddy relationship with CJ so that CJ would feel bad about talking to the NCAA.

Would you tattle on your friend?

gtowndawg
08-11-2016, 09:52 AM
I don't think Chris would, but I absolutely believe that Freeze set out to maintain a buddy buddy relationship with CJ so that CJ would feel bad about talking to the NCAA.

Would you tattle on your friend?

I agree...that's Freeze's motive and probably a smart one. It's completely embarrassing and despicable as a man and a coach ("Hey pal, this is Coach Freeze, how is your mom buddy? Wow, that's great to hear Chris. Hey, have you spoken to anyone at the NCAA? All of that stuff is so silly isn't it?")

I mean that grossed me out just typing that. Can you imagine a grown man making calls like that?

Saltydog
08-11-2016, 09:56 AM
Tee Shepherd.

Bodawg
08-11-2016, 10:03 AM
Tee Shepherd.

Don't think That Shepard received the "benifit package", that was offered to Chris.

mcain31
08-11-2016, 10:59 AM
E) He wanted to learn how to develop Defensive Lineman the Dan Mullen way

Boodawg
08-11-2016, 11:58 AM
A co-worker of mine, whose son played with CJ at State said that the rumor is that when Chris snuck off to UM the night before signing day after he partied at the library for a while, when he got to his hotel room, there was a satchel with $80K courtesy of UM. Chris took the bag stuck it in his car and drove straight back to Starkville. I know it's probably complete BS, but that would be so hilarious, if he made out with that kind of money from UM and the he gave them the shaft.

Bodaski
08-11-2016, 12:13 PM
I don't know how much truth is behind this, but it was brought to light by a family friend of the Simmons on the Finebaum show that OM and Bama were both in touch with Jeffery Simmon's and family while we (MSU) were deciding on his situation. They were telling him if MSU denied him entrance they wanted him. It was about the time Bo Davis got fired at Ala. it should be noted Davis was JS's recruiting coach. I don't know if this is the reason Ala fired Davis or it was for contacting another recruit.

Saltydog
08-11-2016, 12:16 PM
correctly and posted something on social media about owning a home or something to that effect.....

KB21
08-11-2016, 12:37 PM
A co-worker of mine, whose son played with CJ at State said that the rumor is that when Chris snuck off to UM the night before signing day after he partied at the library for a while, when he got to his hotel room, there was a satchel with $80K courtesy of UM. Chris took the bag stuck it in his car and drove straight back to Starkville. I know it's probably complete BS, but that would be so hilarious, if he made out with that kind of money from UM and the he gave them the shaft.

From what I've heard, that's true. However, not only was 80K waiting on him, but there were also two prostitutes in his hotel room when he got back to his hotel room.

M.Fillmore
08-11-2016, 01:58 PM
From what I've heard, that's true. However, not only was 80K waiting on him, but there were also two prostitutes in his hotel room when he got back to his hotel room.

I've heard repeatedly that one reason the Bear insiders hated Jackie so much was he coached our commits to encourage the bears, take the bears' money, and sign with us. This sure seems consistent with the Eric Dotson episode.

Belegal
08-11-2016, 02:01 PM
I thought tsun's lawyers were present when the ncaa interviewed Chris- may be mistaken??

archdog
08-11-2016, 03:43 PM
I would tell every one of my recruits to lead them on the entire recruiting period. Every dollar they spend and every minute they are talking to our guys, the less time they have with their prospects.

Bucky Dog
08-11-2016, 03:57 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, during the CJ recruitment some random poster**** said to the masses to calm down about CJ visiting OM the last weekend because he was on a mission to collect info.

Turfdawg67
08-11-2016, 04:09 PM
I don't know how much truth is behind this, but it was brought to light by a family friend of the Simmons on the Finebaum show that OM and Bama were both in touch with Jeffery Simmon's and family while we (MSU) were deciding on his situation. They were telling him if MSU denied him entrance they wanted him. It was about the time Bo Davis got fired at Ala. it should be noted Davis was JS's recruiting coach. I don't know if this is the reason Ala fired Davis or it was for contacting another recruit.

Steve said on his podcast that both OM & Bammer were in contact with him while we were deciding on what to do. Steve's been right on 99.9% of the things he's said so far, so I'd say it was true.

Bothrops
08-11-2016, 04:15 PM
I selected (D). When will I get my grade?

JDog13
08-11-2016, 07:47 PM
Chris Jones rt's Freeze all the time. I doubt he was sent to collect info.

ShotgunDawg
08-11-2016, 07:58 PM
Chris Jones rt's Freeze all the time. I doubt he was sent to collect info.

CJ likes Freeze. That is clear.

What's not completely clear is what Freeze's motive was for wanting CJ to like him. Whatever it was, Freeze succeeded

EngDawg
08-11-2016, 08:21 PM
I'd have to say D

Treemydawg
08-11-2016, 08:31 PM
CJ likes Freeze. That is clear.

What's not completely clear is what Freeze's motive was for wanting CJ to like him. Whatever it was, Freeze succeeded

Freeze has a thing for big wood.