PDA

View Full Version : Josh Robinson???

Big4Dawg
08-09-2016, 11:48 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BI6XmMuA1Tl4Vyt3zDSat16ibAykOYFRBa6PxQ0/

Wonder what this is about

TUSK
08-09-2016, 11:57 PM
well, he hasn't lost a step.... so, there's that...

huh?

Bothrops
08-10-2016, 12:36 AM
Wtf is this?

Todd4State
08-10-2016, 01:15 AM
It sounds like Dan called the cops on him for working out at our facility.

I’m not sure if that is true or not but it has always been obvious to me that Dan and Josh didn’t always get along.

JohnnyQuid
08-10-2016, 01:25 AM
I'm a dan mullen supporter but this is pretty shitty and off the top of my head can't think of any reasonable excuse to handle the situation that way. just a bad look all around.

GTHOM
08-10-2016, 02:26 AM

RiverCityDawg
08-10-2016, 05:06 AM
I'm a dan mullen supporter but this is pretty shitty and off the top of my head can't think of any reasonable excuse to handle the situation that way. just a bad look all around.

Maybe Dan didn't call the police he was just watching the commotion. Maybe he called the police because he didn't know who it was. Lots of other explainations possible.

I love Josh. One of my favorites to watch play, but he's proven to be immature, emotional and not always rational. To me this is more likely to be a glimpse into why he didn't get to play more earlier as opposed to something "shitty" done by our coach.

Indndawg
08-10-2016, 05:25 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BI6XmMuA1Tl4Vyt3zDSat16ibAykOYFRBa6PxQ0/

Wonder what this is about

sounds like he's got some classy friends on Instagram too.

DCdawg
08-10-2016, 06:29 AM
I don't know any more about the story than what is public, but no matter who is at fault it's bad PR and Mullen is the one that has to clean up the mess. Unless this has happened multiple times and he wasn't compliant, it appears that it should have been handled differently.

GreenheadDawg
08-10-2016, 07:16 AM
I don't know any more about the story than what is public, but no matter who is at fault it's bad PR and Mullen is the one that has to clean up the mess. Unless this has happened multiple times and he wasn't compliant, it appears that it should have been handled differently.

I agree. No matter the situation or the strained relationship you can't treat ex players like this. Word gets around

Ifyouonlyknew
08-10-2016, 07:18 AM
Anybody just believing Josh with no questions asked & not getting the whole story doesn't know Josh very well.

starkvegasdawg
08-10-2016, 07:21 AM
Anybody just believing Josh with no questions asked & not getting the whole story doesn't know Josh very well.

Mullen has spoken.

RBritt
08-10-2016, 07:25 AM
What did Dan say?

Dawgfan77
08-10-2016, 07:31 AM

Like one of our former players tweeted. Grow up. Some people never want to take responsibility and love playing the victim.

PassInterference
08-10-2016, 07:32 AM
Is see ED doesn't have a link for FWTCT up top. Good work.

I hope bulldog nation chooses to write those guys off.

Hey FWTCT, go ahead and apply at the CL. They'll love you. At one time they were looking for some pro bono bloggers, so there's a chance.

Bubb Rubb
08-10-2016, 07:48 AM

Or maybe there's more to the story and you shouldn't just rush to judgement.

ShotgunDawg
08-10-2016, 07:52 AM
Bonnet saying that the track coach called the cops on Robinson, not Mullen

Dawgface
08-10-2016, 08:07 AM

I don't know Josh or Mullen for that matter. But more info is needed before anyone can tell wtf is going on in this situation.

thf24
08-10-2016, 08:09 AM
Bonnet saying that the track coach called the cops on Robinson, not Mullen

Oh great. We've seen what happens to a program when the track team gets involved.**

ShotgunDawg
08-10-2016, 08:11 AM
I don't know Josh or Mullen for that matter. But more info is needed before anyone can tell wtf is going on in this situation.

Here's more info according to Bonnor

1. It was the track coach, not Mullen

2. Bonner called Mullen this morning and Mullen had no idea what Bonner was talking about.

Yet, we've got people on here that have already increminated Mullen. Why are you people so stupid and immature that you can't wait till actual information comes out before blaming?

17thebears
08-10-2016, 08:16 AM
It's obvious that Josh and Dan have bad blood. If I'm Dan, I tread very lightly with him. He's a loose cannon waiting to go off.

BrunswickDawg
08-10-2016, 08:18 AM

2. Bonner called Mullen this morning and Mullen had no idea what Bonner was talking about.

Yet, we've got people on here that have already increminated Mullen. Why are you people so stupid and immature that you can't wait till actual information comes out before blaming?
Because - Mullenz can't recruit!!***

Bonner also reported that Josh actually had his car parked on the track. That's just stupid, and has the potential to cause damage to the facilities. No wonder he got thrown out and cited.

louisvilledawg
08-10-2016, 08:23 AM
I mean he tried to get into the facility at like 10 pm. pretty sure it was locked up. track coach didn't recognize him and called the cops.

it wasn't like he said "oh shit, theres josh robinson. lets call the cops and report trespassing because we all hate josh robinson and he's not family"

Sounds like J rob just decided to be a baby back b*tch and throw a fit.

ShotgunDawg
08-10-2016, 08:24 AM
Delete

Duckdog
08-10-2016, 08:33 AM
Lets face it, Josh isn't going to make it because he's in the somewhat real world now where people are going to babysit him. If you didn't think that didn't happen in college you're crazy. Its pretty sad.

vv83
08-10-2016, 08:36 AM
Wait so is that Dan in the video where he zooms in or someone else?

Gutter Cobreh
08-10-2016, 08:43 AM
Wait so is that Dan in the video where he zooms in or someone else?

Not sure anyone would be able to tell from that distance....even being physically present at the time.

Robinson assumed what he thought was the truth and you know that they say happens when one assumes...

CJDAWG85
08-10-2016, 08:43 AM
Why does that matter? That isn't necessarily the person who called the police.

Taog Redloh
08-10-2016, 08:44 AM
Who cares, Robinson is a clown.

Liverpooldawg
08-10-2016, 08:57 AM
Another board is saying he had parked his car ON the track. Now maybe it's just me but that would probably get the cops involved pretty much anywhere.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-10-2016, 09:03 AM

Sooooooo...Did you know it was him or not when you called the cops?

I seen it dawg
08-10-2016, 09:20 AM
***** generation. Straight jumping to conclusions and being offended about shit. He trespassed. He didn't inform or let anyone know he would be out there. 100% on Josh. Handle your business and you don't get a citation, then after take responsibility and not blame it on someone else. Muther****er I hate people that won't just man up when they are wrong. And worse than that the people that defend them.

CJDAWG85
08-10-2016, 09:22 AM
He parked on the track. Yes that will get the police called. Not only that, but someone broke into the baseball locker room a few nights before. Of course, coaches and others would be on the lookout for anything suspicious.

DownwardDawg
08-10-2016, 09:23 AM
***** generation. Straight jumping to conclusions and being offended about shit. He trespassed. He didn't inform or let anyone know he would be out there. 100% on Josh. Handle your business and you don't get a citation, then after take responsibility and not blame it on someone else. Muther****er I hate people that won't just man up when they are wrong. And worse than that the people that defend them.

This is the best post in this thread.

TUSK
08-10-2016, 09:24 AM

this, this, this...

We had a good run, though...

MadDawg
08-10-2016, 09:29 AM

https://s9.postimg.org/5irdm8nv3/tumblr_ndyipg_RN9r1qln00mo1_500.gif

mic
08-10-2016, 09:32 AM

This is further evidence why we didn't "push" Josh to stay for his Sr season..,

KB21
08-10-2016, 09:35 AM
It's really unfortunate. This is a talented young man who, right now, is not mature enough to stick in the NFL. He's got the ability, but he has to mature.

maroonmania
08-10-2016, 09:39 AM

Also gives me further understanding why, even with all of his talent at RB, that Josh had trouble getting on the field much until his breakout RS JR year. The dude apparently has a screw loose. Amazing he lasted in our program for 4 years.

DCdawg
08-10-2016, 09:41 AM
Not really sure if my first post was taken as siding with Robinson. If so, it shouldn't have been. As I stated, I only knew what was public knowledge at that point and I stand by my statement that it's bad PR. Several national outlets have already reported the original story and possibly won't take the time to clear it up with facts.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-10-2016, 09:43 AM
Bonner sure was quick to try and villianize Mullen, but that's not surprising....**** that guy!

maroonmania
08-10-2016, 09:50 AM
Bonner sure was quick to try and villianize Mullen, but that's not surprising....**** that guy!

Yep, I'm done with Bonner. The SEC media days with him was the last straw. In the main room, while all the other journalists were asking REAL football questions (surprisingly even Fatburger), all of Bonner's questions were strictly nothing more than asking about Simmons and trying to stir up controversy there. He was allowed 2 of the first 5 or 6 questions asked in the press conference and both were about Simmons. All of the other folks actually asked something about our football team. I can assure you that the OM Clarion Ledger beat reporter didn't ask Freeze any NCAA questions much less ONLY NCAA questions.

Political Hack
08-10-2016, 09:51 AM
Social media dumbassery strikes again. JRob started it but a lot of people including Bonner ate it up like fools.

That kid, and yes he's still a kid, has been extended an olive branch a 1,000 times and all he's done is bite the hand that feeds him. He doesn't have the capacity to recognize the difference between those that want him to do well and those that want to make him a clown.

Beaver
08-10-2016, 09:53 AM
Dak Prescott -- Gets arrested and charged for DUI. He comes out and apologizes and vows to not let it happen again. Even after he was found not guilty he didn't come out and blame the cops or anyone else for his arrest. Now he's in the running to be the backup QB for America's team...

Josh Robinson -- Gets a citation and posts on social media that his former coach called the cops on him for running at night. Says he feels disrespected as a former MSU player. Turns out a track coach spotted a man and a CAR on the track which led him to call campus police. Josh skips his senior year and now doesn't have a team to play on.

Liverpooldawg
08-10-2016, 09:58 AM
It's confirmed that his car was ON the track. I wonder if there was any damage?

mstatefan91
08-10-2016, 10:25 AM
Not really sure if my first post was taken as siding with Robinson. If so, it shouldn't have been. As I stated, I only knew what was public knowledge at that point and I stand by my statement that it's bad PR. Several national outlets have already reported the original story and possibly won't take the time to clear it up with facts.

It's bad PR because of Josh. Not because of our coaches or program. Josh should have kept his damn mouth closed and all of this would have been resolved quietly.

louisvilledawg
08-10-2016, 10:26 AM
It's really unfortunate. This is a talented young man who, right now, is not mature enough to stick in the NFL. He's got the ability, but he has to mature.

I don't think he's talented enough to stick in the nfl. Not dynamic enough. People can handle immaturity if you have the talent (josh gordon, martavis bryant, pacman jones, i could go on all day)

Good on josh for trying to keep pursuing the dream, i guess. Maybe he'll mature when he's forced to get a real job, but for now he's still a self entitled little boy

notsofarawaydawg
08-10-2016, 10:29 AM

These people have nothing better to do than hate on Mullen. They are just like Olen Brewer, the RebelBear, who constantly posts shit about Mullen and MSU athletes in comments on the MSU articles in the C Liar.

Commercecomet24
08-10-2016, 11:15 AM

Well said!

mic
08-10-2016, 11:20 AM
Yep, I'm done with Bonner. The SEC media days with him was the last straw. In the main room, while all the other journalists were asking REAL football questions (surprisingly even Fatburger), all of Bonner's questions were strictly nothing more than asking about Simmons and trying to stir up controversy there. He was allowed 2 of the first 5 or 6 questions asked in the press conference and both were about Simmons. All of the other folks actually asked something about our football team. I can assure you that the OM Clarion Ledger beat reporter didn't ask Freeze any NCAA questions much less ONLY NCAA questions.

Welcome aboard... I have been screaming **** Booner for over a year now..

Bothrops
08-10-2016, 11:33 AM
Why the **** would he park on the track??

louisvilledawg
08-10-2016, 11:36 AM

Because he's a self-entitled lil immature boy

mstatefan91
08-10-2016, 11:37 AM
How many times has Josh thrown our program and coaching staff under the bus now?

blacklistedbully
08-10-2016, 11:44 AM
I used to like JR. But this is BS. And based on some of the posts coming in his support...I'm guessing he is another of those athletes who surrounds himself with sycophants only too eager to curry his favor by trumpeting how mistreated he was.

JR is only screwing himself. If Dan was really doing this kind of stuff, we'd have heard something about it from other people. Instead we have plenty of athletes who talk about how great he was for them.

Really Clark?
08-10-2016, 11:46 AM
How many times has Josh thrown our program and coaching staff under the bus now?

And people still rush to judge the staff in how they have handled JRob during and after his time on the team. Never mind that it's 1 1/2 years removed from his playing for the school and is still allowed use of the facilities. In an appropriate manner. I loved him as a player and off the field he can be a pleasure. But I defended the staffs use of him or lack of because of his issues. I think it would have been a much bigger disservice to him and the program to just use him early because of talent, get what you could from him on the field and enabled behavior that fed into making his issues worse. At some point I hope he gets a gripe on those issues. Because without the structure early in his career he might be in a very dark place right now. Hopefully it won't happen.

Not only has Dan won here but has for the most part developed a very good program to churn out a lot of players that we can be proud of as STATE members of society.

WinningIsRelentless
08-10-2016, 11:46 AM

Not to mention its a cushioned track, it isn't asphalt. We are better off if he gets out of town quick

GTHOM
08-10-2016, 11:56 AM
Dak Prescott -- Gets arrested and charged for DUI. He comes out and apologizes and vows to not let it happen again. Even after he was found not guilty he didn't come out and blame the cops or anyone else for his arrest. Now he's in the running to be the backup QB for America's team...

Josh Robinson -- Gets a citation and posts on social media that his former coach called the cops on him for running at night. Says he feels disrespected as a former MSU player. Turns out a track coach spotted a man and a CAR on the track which led him to call campus police. Josh skips his senior year and now doesn't have a team to play on.

What he said

scottycameron
08-10-2016, 12:03 PM
Because he's a self-entitled lil immature boy

Thats very PC of you, but we know what you mean.

Football coaches make a lot of money but man do they have to put up with some crap.

DancingRabbit
08-10-2016, 12:20 PM

I wonder if Dan and Strick are about done with Bonner. This non-story was picked up nationwide because of him.

starkvegasdawg
08-10-2016, 12:29 PM

He's about to master that art about as well as a certain aquatic mammal up north.

HSVDawg
08-10-2016, 12:40 PM

This has been beaten to death, but there was never a chance of him coming back for his senior year, push or no push. Our coaching staff isn't in the business of advising players based on personal gain as opposed to the gain of the player. His ceiling was never higher than after his junior year and he made the right decision to enter the draft (followed by a couple of wrong decisions since then). He wasn't getting faster, stronger, or more elusive by coming back for a 5th year. All he would have gotten is more miles on the odometer and possibly a career threatening injury (all while not getting paid for it). Draft stock wouldn't have improved one iota.

PassInterference
08-10-2016, 01:02 PM
Oh great. We've seen what happens to a program when the track team gets involved.**

You win the internet!

Percho
08-10-2016, 01:10 PM
Maybe Dan didn't call the police he was just watching the commotion. Maybe he called the police because he didn't know who it was. Lots of other explainations possible.

I love Josh. One of my favorites to watch play, but he's proven to be immature, emotional and not always rational. To me this is more likely to be a glimpse into why he didn't get to play more earlier as opposed to something "shitty" done by our coach.

+1

mstatefan91
08-10-2016, 01:26 PM
Josh is still acting like a child on social media and not taking responsibility for his actions and words.

https://twitter.com/Bowling34ball/status/763439698136162304

MSUDawg99
08-10-2016, 01:33 PM
I think the staff handled the situation the way anyone would've. The track facilities are new & I'd be pissed if someone parked on them too if I was the coach. If he wanted to use the facilities to train, then fine, but ask permission ahead of time like the others do & don't "break in" & expect everything to be cool. Dan didn't know that was Josh out there. He was studying film in his office. He saw blue lights & went out on his balcony to see the commotion but he didn't know it was Josh. Not his fault.

Wish Josh had handled this situation differently. That said, also have to remember that Josh had anything BUT a stable upbringing. He has never had real parental guidance growing up, especially after his grandmother died at any early age. He slept in his car for a period of time. MSU brought him in & tried to give him a stable atmosphere & family. But 3 years isn't enough to undo the emotional damage he endured as a kid. It's obvious he has major trust issues & plays the blame game & victim a lot. I can understand to a certain degree why, but don't lick a gift horse in the mouth or bite the hand that fed ya. Burning bridges is never good. Wish he had waited before he acted out emotionally. They would've let him use the facilities if he would've just followed protocol & asked permission. I hate that he takes everything to heart & acts like a child. It's sad.

maroonmania
08-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Josh is still acting like a child on social media and not taking responsibility for his actions and words.

https://twitter.com/Bowling34ball/status/763439698136162304

He's going to screw around and get himself banned from the athletic facilities permanently if he keeps up this childish behavior. Somebody needs to talk some sense into him.

scottycameron
08-10-2016, 02:18 PM
I think the staff handled the situation the way anyone would've. The track facilities are new & I'd be pissed if someone parked on them too if I was the coach. If he wanted to use the facilities to train, then fine, but ask permission ahead of time like the others do & don't "break in" & expect everything to be cool. Dan didn't know that was Josh out there. He was studying film in his office. He saw blue lights & went out on his balcony to see the commotion but he didn't know it was Josh. Not his fault.

Wish Josh had handled this situation differently. That said, also have to remember that Josh had anything BUT a stable upbringing. He has never had real parental guidance growing up, especially after his grandmother died at any early age. He slept in his car for a period of time. MSU brought him in & tried to give him a stable atmosphere & family. But 3 years isn't enough to undo the emotional damage he endured as a kid. It's obvious he has major trust issues & plays the blame game & victim a lot. I can understand to a certain degree why, but don't lick a gift horse in the mouth or bite the hand that fed ya. Burning bridges is never good. Wish he had waited before he acted out emotionally. They would've let him use the facilities if he would've just followed protocol & asked permission. I hate that he takes everything to heart & acts like a child. It's sad.

Rephrasing that long post: you cant polish a turd.

Turfdawg67
08-10-2016, 03:46 PM
What a POS. I'm done with Bonner too. My last connection to the CL.

biggun
08-10-2016, 05:31 PM

"increminated"???

Dawgcentral
08-10-2016, 05:48 PM
I saw this garbage early this morning on FB, and Bonner I believe was the first to break the story. I didn't comment then, but I knew something was missing from the story, as all of you should have.

Remember, Bonner had Arkansas beating us last year,..the excuse was it was late and the paper ran the wrong ending to the game. Bonney wrote two endings, and the dumbasses at the CL ran the wrong one.

Then Killingburgers ran the headline about OM getting us to the SEC championship in baseball. Blamed it on Nashville.

Now Bonner jumps on a tweet without confirming a damn thing.

This is what you get when a bunch of amateurs become low paid writers. They'll sacrifice journalistic integrity just to be 5 minutes ahead in busting out a story, even if it's false.

Steve Robertson, while having no respect for the CL, has been taking up for Bonner. I'd like to see what he has to say about this latest clown show.