PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow MLB 6 Tool Player

archdog
08-09-2016, 08:15 AM
Anyone else see where Tim was called a 6 tool player by his high school coach in baseball and is working out for MLB teams?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-09-2016, 08:20 AM
Anyone else see where Tim was called a 6 tool player by his high school coach in baseball and is working out for MLB teams?

This guy needs to hang it up for real.

jumbo
08-09-2016, 08:47 AM
Someone will sign him simply to boost attendance for one of their minor league programs. Zero chance at 29 Tebow makes it.

Tbonewannabe
08-09-2016, 09:05 AM
I don't think he could knock the rust off at 29 when he hasn't played in about 12 years. If he does then he is just an amazing athlete.

Homedawg
08-09-2016, 09:16 AM

What's the 6th tool??? That's a new one.

msstate7
08-09-2016, 09:22 AM
I don't think he could knock the rust off at 29 when he hasn't played in about 12 years. If he does then he is just an amazing athlete.

12 certainly greater than 4, but Evan Gattis completely gave up baseball for 4 years before coming back and making the show. I'm not saying tebow will...

M.Fillmore
08-09-2016, 09:44 AM

I am a Tim Tebow fan. I believe he was treated unfairly by the sports media. Yet, he should kiss and make up and join the media. He is good looking, articulate and $500k at year as a football announcer ain't a bad gig. Hang up the cleats Tim.

Hot Rock
08-09-2016, 09:57 AM
Why does anyone say, "Tebow should just hang it up?" If the dude can play, it will show. If not, he can be a sideshow for a little while. Its his life, let him do it if he can.

archdog
08-09-2016, 11:00 AM
What's the 6th tool??? That's a new one.

6th tool was his character. I shit you not. I have seen bad character keep you off the field, but never good character hit a 95 mph slider.

drunkernhelldawg
08-09-2016, 11:24 AM
I hope he makes it. It's a long shot, but would love to see the guy back in competition where he belongs.

Johnson85
08-09-2016, 11:54 AM
I am a Tim Tebow fan. I believe he was treated unfairly by the sports media. Yet, he should kiss and make up and join the media. He is good looking, articulate and $500k at year as a football announcer ain't a bad gig. Hang up the cleats Tim.

I would love to know the real reason a guy who was a competent game manager his second year in the league didn't end up with a long career as a back up QB. Was Tebow unwilling to be a backup? Were coaches and managers such wusses that they didn't want to deal with the associated hype? Is Tebow just terrible to coach? Did other players hate him? Do GM/coaches value their back-up qb position almost exclusively as a position to try to develop new qb's, so that they are unwilling to carry a proven game manager with a low ceiling?

HaggardDawg
08-09-2016, 11:57 AM
I watched him take BP at MUS when he was working out there pre-draft in 2010. Granted it was BP, but the dude could smash for not swinging a bat in 4 years.

Hot Rock
08-09-2016, 12:01 PM
He has been training for a year but that's not enough to get to the show ... probably.

I doubt he makes it because you just don't see major league pitching many places. Having said that, I wish I could join him.

Todd4State
08-09-2016, 12:32 PM
This reminds me of when Michael Jordan tried MLB. I'm expecting similar results of not slightly better.

msstate7
08-09-2016, 12:38 PM
This reminds me of when Michael Jordan tried MLB. I'm expecting similar results of not slightly better.

I think the end result will be the same, but I think Jordan hit like .280 in HS.

Todd4State
08-09-2016, 12:45 PM
I meant to say I think Tebow will do slightly better than Jordan.

rcsteph1
08-09-2016, 12:53 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BI5SC-nDhqW/?taken-by=bhambarons

Bham Barons trolling this morning?

lefty96
08-09-2016, 01:03 PM

Amen. I used to like tebow, but now he drives me nuts. I admit that is mostly not his fault. I thought having him on the SEC network was genius.

BulldogDX55
08-09-2016, 01:11 PM
I hope he makes it. It's a long shot, but would love to see the guy back in competition where he belongs.

He could be in the NFL right now if he could get over his ego and play TE or RB.

BB30
08-09-2016, 01:13 PM
6th tool was his character. I shit you not. I have seen bad character keep you off the field, but never good character hit a 95 mph slider.

In his defense not many people could hit a legitimate 95 mph slider consistently

Bothrops
08-09-2016, 03:37 PM
I do not understand this guy. You would think someone like him would be dying to get married and start a family. I question things.

Dawg61
08-10-2016, 01:57 AM
I would love to know the real reason a guy who was a competent game manager his second year in the league didn't end up with a long career as a back up QB. Was Tebow unwilling to be a backup? Were coaches and managers such wusses that they didn't want to deal with the associated hype? Is Tebow just terrible to coach? Did other players hate him? Do GM/coaches value their back-up qb position almost exclusively as a position to try to develop new qb's, so that they are unwilling to carry a proven game manager with a low ceiling?

I'm guessing he basically got fired by the NFL. They blackballed him.

drunkernhelldawg
08-10-2016, 06:43 AM
I'm a Tebow fan but don't buy that the was treated unfairly. The league judges by talent and performance. Nobody gets blackballed unless they cross a political or legal line that Tebow never got near. It is true that no team is going to let a back up quarterback take over the locker room, but I can't imagine how that could be an insurmountable problem. As far as baseball goes, we'll see. He's a great athlete who seems to have a lot of discipline. I assume he's a 100 percent competitor though he hasn't done enough since college to make that a certainty. I would be tickled to see him make it. Wouldn't bet on him making he bigs, but maybe he'll end up being a Biloxi Shucker or something.

Speaking of the Shuckers, Woodruff is tearing it up down here. He's headed for the big time.

Dawg61
08-10-2016, 10:29 AM
I'm a Tebow fan but don't buy that the was treated unfairly. The league judges by talent and performance. Nobody gets blackballed unless they cross a political or legal line that Tebow never got near. It is true that no team is going to let a back up quarterback take over the locker room, but I can't imagine how that could be an insurmountable problem. As far as baseball goes, we'll see. He's a great athlete who seems to have a lot of discipline. I assume he's a 100 percent competitor though he hasn't done enough since college to make that a certainty. I would be tickled to see him make it. Wouldn't bet on him making he bigs, but maybe he'll end up being a Biloxi Shucker or something.

Speaking of the Shuckers, Woodruff is tearing it up down here. He's headed for the big time.

Tebow has a winning record and a playoff win as a starter. He lost his job to Peyton Manning and has never started another game since. He absolutely has been blackballed from the league. They don't want the headache his massive media circus brings. When the headache outweighs the talent the league blackballs you. Terrell Owens, Chad Ochocinco, Vince Young, Percy Harvin, Randy Moss are some other examples of players that the league pushed out. It's a business. Why is it unfathomable that this business fires employees for good?

lefty96
08-10-2016, 10:39 AM
Tebow has a winning record and a playoff win as a starter. He lost his job to Peyton Manning and has never started another game since. He absolutely has been blackballed from the league. They don't want the headache his massive media circus brings. When the headache outweighs the talent the league blackballs you. Terrell Owens, Chad Ochocinco, Vince Young, Percy Harvin, Randy Moss are some other examples of players that the league pushed out. It's a business. Why is it unfathomable that this business fires employees for good?

It is the talent to bullshit ratio - his is too close to 1. You could argue that his playoff wins were definitely outliers as they were some fantastical statistical anomalies, but the fact is if Tebow was either more talented or less of a side show, he would be playing. I wish he would just accept that he was one of the greatest college players of all time and let that be enough.

Dawg61
08-10-2016, 10:54 AM
I wish he would just accept that he was one of the greatest college players of all time and let that be enough.

I think he has. He's not trying to play QB anymore. Why should he not try baseball if a team is willing to sign him? He's still a freak phenomenal athlete. I hope he makes it. It'd be a very inspiring story. The world needs more stories like that.

Really Clark?
08-10-2016, 11:18 AM
In his defense not many people could hit a legitimate 95 mph slider consistently

Not only is it nearly unhittable, it's nearly unpitchable. Nobody hardly sees that pitch thrown. In their career. Syndergaard's hits 95 at times. Did it earlier this year for the first time. Ned Yost and George Brett were talking about after the game since the Mets were playing the Royals. Neither thought anybody, George Brett included in his prime, could hit that pitch or the 2 at 93 against Morales that struck him out on three straight sliders. That is as nasty of a pitch you could ever possibly see. But it takes someone who can throw 100 to even discuss the possibility of throwing a 95 mph slider. For reference I think Arietta had the highest avg speed for a slider last year at 90.2.