PDA

View Full Version : More Freezus bullcrap

notsofarawaydawg
08-08-2016, 07:12 PM
Ole Miss' Hugh Freeze: 'I'm more motivated than I've ever been'
6:40 PM CT
Greg Ostendorf
ESPN Staff Writer

OXFORD, Miss. -- Ole Miss began fall camp Sunday, and despite enduring what has been a tumultuous offseason, there was still a sense of optimism around the team.

"It hasn't stolen our joy at all," head coach Hugh Freeze said Monday. "It's a lot easier than you guys really believe because of the kids. They understand that they have zero control and zero to do with a lot of the things that are going on.

"When you get to control what you can control -- and that's everything that happens on that field, off the field in social decision, academic decisions and in this room -- that's what you should concentrate on. When you see the kids doing that, it's quite a motivator for our coaches."

In January, Ole Miss received a notice of allegations from the NCAA that listed 28 violations against the school's athletic department. Thirteen of those involved the football program, nine of which were alleged to have occurred under Freeze's watch. Most of those nine revolved around All-America left tackle Laremy Tunsil, who on draft night admitted to taking money from an Ole Miss coach and sparked a continued investigation by the NCAA.

In late May, Ole Miss announced that it had self-imposed the loss of 11 scholarships in football over a four-year period from 2015-18.

The program is still under investigation by the NCAA and there is no timetable for a resolution, but this is an Ole Miss team that is coming off a 10-win season, has beaten Alabama back-to-back years, and has hopes of dethroning the Crimson Tide atop the SEC in 2016.

"I'm more motivated than I've ever been," Freeze said. "For the young men that choose to come to this wonderful university and sacrifice to try and change the narrative around this program, we're very motivated to develop them, to give them the best chance to compete in a very difficult conference and a very difficult schedule. And they deserve that.

"There's a tremendous amount of motivation to remain consistent."

Ole Miss, ranked No. 12 in the recently released Coaches Poll, opens the season in Orlando against No. 4 Florida State.

ShotgunDawg
08-08-2016, 07:18 PM
He's so full of shit.

Gotta makes sure the guy's that were paid like Little, AJ, Patterson, Pennemon, etc don't think that their eligibility is at stake here. Got to make sure those guys don't get nervous about potentially being the focus of the investigation.

He is a pathological liar and cheater. As much as he uses Chrisitanity as a crutch, he has probably done more to hurt his witness than help it.

I seen it dawg
08-08-2016, 07:26 PM
**** that guy

bobtail bob
08-08-2016, 07:28 PM
What narrative would that be that this phony is talking about ?

msstate7
08-08-2016, 07:30 PM
With the NCAA still investigating and tunsil admitting om paid him, I wonder if it's affecting payroll on the '16 recruiting class. There's nothing I'd like more than for a '16 kid to get caught receiving benefits.

Duckdog
08-08-2016, 07:31 PM
**** that guy

AMEN! You know at first I was like it would kind of suck if they got the death penalty but you know what **** them! **** em and let em eat fish heads.

Todd4State
08-08-2016, 07:32 PM
I will say this.

Ole Miss and Freeze are the kind of people that use this investigation stuff to motivate them.

Ironically they are more motivated by revenge than they are anything else- including love.

ShotgunDawg
08-08-2016, 07:37 PM
Hugh Freeze is all about love so long as he can **** everyone else and buy players. I can't wait to see how much he preaches love when he's about to lose his job in the next 12 months.

Central Pork
08-08-2016, 07:54 PM
He's so full of shit.

Gotta makes sure the guy's that were paid like Little, AJ, Patterson, Pennemon, etc don't think that their eligibility is at stake here. Got to make sure those guys don't get nervous about potentially being the focus of the investigation.

He is a pathological liar and cheater. As much as he uses Chrisitanity as a crutch, he has probably done more to hurt his witness than help it.

I think you nailed it. Those players should be concerned.

Growing up in a Southern Baptist home, I've seen many really good Christians that simply did the right thing. They never said a word unless asked. I also seen phony folks.

I say Bucky is a phony.

lamont
08-08-2016, 07:58 PM
I think you nailed it. Those players should be concerned.

Growing up in a Southern Baptist home, I've seen many really good Christians that simply did the right thing. They never said a word unless asked. I also seen phony folks.

I say Bucky is a phony.

He doesn't do one good deed that isn't blasted by him or the administration on Twitter to get attention. It's amazing to watch

mic
08-08-2016, 08:06 PM
**** that guy

Mother **** that guy

Jack Lambert
08-08-2016, 08:59 PM
["lleged to have occurred under Freeze's watch"]? Didn't they admit to them? Didn't self impose?

Spiderman
08-08-2016, 09:04 PM
Ole Miss' Hugh Freeze: 'I'm more motivated than I've ever been'
6:40 PM CT
Greg Ostendorf
ESPN Staff Writer

"They understand that they have zero control and zero to do with a lot of the things that are going on.

"Zero to do with a lot of the things"

HAHA. Not all the things, but a lot.

Like taking the money, Huey?

tireddawg
08-08-2016, 09:14 PM
How many times has he said the word narrative over the last few months?

Todd4State
08-08-2016, 10:20 PM
["lleged to have occurred under Freeze's watch"]? Didn't they admit to them? Didn't self impose?

“People made mistakes…”

BigEasyDawg
08-08-2016, 11:45 PM
I will admit that I used to actually respect Freeze, being a Christian myself, and respect his stand for God. However through out this whole process of the allegations and investigation, he has continued to run away from truth and played dumb in the face of guilt. That is exactly what Adam did in the Garden of Eden. God is a good God of love and forgiveness but I have lost tremendous respect for Freeze and hope he faces the reality of His short comings.

Indndawg
08-09-2016, 05:38 AM
1) He's stressed out
2) He hates getting out of bed and coming to work
3) Still, he enjoys going to the bank

jumbo
08-09-2016, 07:37 AM
With the NCAA still investigating and tunsil admitting om paid him, I wonder if it's affecting payroll on the '16 recruiting class. There's nothing I'd like more than for a '16 kid to get caught receiving benefits.

Look at their class. It's definitely affecting the payroll.

thf24
08-09-2016, 07:45 AM
By continuing to imply his own innocence, he's basically pleading not guilty after being caught red-handed committing a crime. He could just stay quiet, accept what comes, and mitigate the personal baggage attached for the future if he does get fired; but by continuing to go all in, all he's doing is voluntarily tarnishing his resume more and more. This in my opinion speaks more than anything to his level of personal delusion, beyond that of the machine he works for. It seems like he honestly believes he's going to skirt through this lily white if he just keeps screaming he's innocent and loves Jesus.

MadDawg
08-09-2016, 08:32 AM
"I'm more motivated than I've ever been," Freeze said. "For the young men that choose to come to this wonderful university and sacrifice to try and change the narrative around this program"

What narrative, Bucky? The narrative YOU created of being cheaters? That's the narrative you want to change? The CHEATER part?

jumbo
08-09-2016, 08:49 AM
By continuing to imply his own innocence, he's basically pleading not guilty after being caught red-handed committing a crime. He could just stay quiet, accept what comes, and mitigate the personal baggage attached for the future if he does get fired; but by continuing to go all in, all he's doing is voluntarily tarnishing his resume more and more. This in my opinion speaks more than anything to his level of personal delusion, beyond that of the machine he works for. It seems like he honestly believes he's going to skirt through this lily white if he just keeps screaming he's innocent and loves Jesus.

It's part of the OM machine to save Freeze if at all possible. He's going to play the "I didn't know" card until the very end and hope that they can get the assistants to play along and take the grenade. The only way the HC can not be held accountable is if there is 100% proof that he didn't know.

I don't see anyway that it works out that way in the end, but that sure as hell seems to be the gameplan they have for all this. It also explains why they haven't fired anybody despite them being named in the NOA.

MadDawg
08-09-2016, 09:02 AM
#mistakesweremade

Bubb Rubb
08-09-2016, 09:39 AM
I will admit that I used to actually respect Freeze, being a Christian myself, and respect his stand for God. However through out this whole process of the allegations and investigation, he has continued to run away from truth and played dumb in the face of guilt. That is exactly what Adam did in the Garden of Eden. God is a good God of love and forgiveness but I have lost tremendous respect for Freeze and hope he faces the reality of His short comings.

I've said it before, and others have disagreed, and that's fine, but I think that Freeze actually believes this stuff. I think that he believes he is doing God's work by pulling these kids in and giving them inducements. He probably justifies in his mind that it's the godly thing to do, even if it's against the rules - those are carnal rules meant to prevent him from doing God's work. It kinda goes in line with a lot of what these televangelists preach today. The interesting side is the personality defects that Freeze has - the willingness to flip recruits just to stick it to a rival, or to mock a rival from the sideline, or to react to negative stuff on twitter, or to publicize every act of goodness he performs. The other interesting thing is that while he preaches love and spirituality, his teams have rampant drug and discipline problems. All teams have problems like that, but their coaches aren't out on twitter and behind microphones laying claim to the moral high ground.

If I were an Ole Miss fan I would cringe every time he plays the God card because it's guys like this that give Christianity a bad name, and it's going to make the fall a lot more ugly. Think of any NCAA recruiting scandal over the last couple of decades, and then imagine how much worse it would've been if the coach was a very public Bible thumper.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-09-2016, 10:37 AM

You would think that with all of the lawyers attached to that place, someone would tell him to keep his mouth shut as in never talk to the police without a lawyer present. All he is doing is pissing off the investigating party, if a question about the investigation comes up, say we are just focusing on Florida State right now.