PDA

View Full Version : Cabanas Sold Out

Ifyouonlyknew
08-08-2016, 11:46 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/762689546500861953

I guess they didn't wait too late to put them out there. Sold out in 48hrs.

Gutter Cobreh
08-08-2016, 12:06 PM
I recognize that the probability is diminished due to the number of home games, but what happens if there is a game that has high gusts of wind?

The location of those cabanas just look like they'll be ready to take flight with even a minimal amount of wind. I'm sure they're secured pretty well, but that would be my concern especially after paying $18k (even though corporations probably snatched them up).

TheRef
08-08-2016, 12:11 PM
I recognize that the probability is diminished due to the number of home games, but what happens if there is a game that has high gusts of wind?

The location of those cabanas just look like they'll be ready to take flight with even a minimal amount of wind. I'm sure they're secured pretty well, but that would be my concern especially after paying $18k (even though corporations probably snatched them up).

The only time they should truly be concerned with wind is if the winds are from the South. Any other direction, and they can just put screens up to basically just block off the wind from getting under the tent that direction.

jumbo
08-08-2016, 12:48 PM

I'm sure they will take something like this into consideration when putting them in place.

ShotgunDawg
08-08-2016, 01:00 PM
How many are there?

Ifyouonlyknew
08-08-2016, 01:01 PM
How many are there?

jumbo
08-08-2016, 01:01 PM

edit: damn, too slow

PMDawg
08-08-2016, 03:36 PM

That's what engineers are for.

Dawgbite
08-08-2016, 03:49 PM

Thats what concrete anchors are for.

Gutter Cobreh
08-08-2016, 04:05 PM

Wonder if Ole Miss used engineers for their "sturdy" erector set stadium expansion????

As I stated, I don't doubt they'll be secure. My preference, if I had that kind of money to put down on a space, would be in a suite within the stadium and not sitting three stories up under a tent (or cabana - call it whatever you'd like)....

archdog
08-08-2016, 04:07 PM
I'm sure they will take something like this into consideration when putting them in place.

Well they will now.

archdog
08-08-2016, 04:08 PM
Not even sure if you can see the field from there in a seated position.

I seen it dawg
08-08-2016, 04:19 PM
Not even sure if you can see the field from there in a seated position.

You can't. And especially with the people standing on the rail in front of them....unless they boot those people which not sure how they will be able to do that with entrance and exit on that side of stadium on that level.

ShotgunDawg
08-08-2016, 04:23 PM
You can't. And especially with the people standing on the rail in front of them....unless they boot those people which not sure how they will be able to do that with entrance and exit on that side of stadium on that level.

**** those people

I seen it dawg
08-08-2016, 04:24 PM
**** those people

Hahahahahaha touche

sandwolf
08-08-2016, 05:08 PM
My preference, if I had that kind of money to put down on a space, would be in a suite within the stadium and not sitting three stories up under a tent (or cabana - call it whatever you'd like)....

Haha, I am sure that would be most people's preference....but not only do the suites cost substantially more than $18k/year, even if you had the money to afford a suite, you couldn't get one, because there is a substantial waiting list (or last I heard there was).

There is a substantial demand for premium seating.....this is just a creative way to create some additional supply.

ShotgunDawg
08-08-2016, 05:19 PM
We should just go all La Bombonera Stadium in the south endzone & just build a wall of premium suites. The stadium would seat about 68 or so thousand at that point. If we ever needed to expand afterwards, just add a deck to the north endzone expansion.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/fifa/images/c/c7/Fifa-14-stadium-la-bombonera.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130924200717

Gutter Cobreh
08-08-2016, 07:05 PM
Haha, I am sure that would be most people's preference....but not only do the suites cost substantially more than $18k/year, even if you had the money to afford a suite, you couldn't get one, because there is a substantial waiting list (or last I heard there was).

There is a substantial demand for premium seating.....this is just a creative way to create some additional supply.

Good point. I just don't see the draw of these tents, but evidently I'm in the minority since they sold out. Kudos to whomever put this out there and made it work.

I like Shotgun's idea as well. A side full of luxury boxes would be sweet!

Bully13
08-08-2016, 07:57 PM
I saw this thread and first thought there was a weed shortage.

Maroonthirteen
08-08-2016, 10:20 PM
LT would have blue cabanas with nylon strings tied red brick.

fishwater99
08-09-2016, 08:35 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/762689546500861953

I guess they didn't wait too late to put them out there. Sold out in 48hrs.

Why not do another 8 on the other side of the scoreboard club?
Also if they put them up on some type of platform you could see the game from there.
They should make them a more permanent structure than just tents, which will surely blow away unless they take them down after every game.

Jarius
08-09-2016, 08:43 AM
I wonder if they have ever considered doing anything like the LFL for the football stadium? I don't even know if it would be possible, but it would be neat to have something similar to that in the south end zone and sell it as premium seating.

jumbo
08-09-2016, 08:45 AM
Why not do another 8 on the other side of the scoreboard club?
Also if they put them up on some type of platform you could see the game from there.
They should make them a more permanent structure than just tents, which will surely blow away unless they take them down after every game.

As far as I can tell there are only 8 on one side. Maybe they have plans to add 8 to the other side but wanted to gauge interest first.

archdog
08-09-2016, 10:58 AM
I hope they hire me to do the south endzone / new M Club addition. I have a ton of awesome ideas on how to tie it back to the Junction. Think New Orleans type of balcony overlooking the junction for the 1st level of premium boxes to have dual exits one looking at the field and one looking at the junction. Big party deck style with a two sided scoreboard so people in the junction can watch a game while tailgating.

It would be interesting to have two flanking large jumbo trons with all premium seating between them.

Bubb Rubb
08-09-2016, 11:02 AM
We should just go all La Bombonera Stadium in the south endzone & just build a wall of premium suites. The stadium would seat about 68 or so thousand at that point. If we ever needed to expand afterwards, just add a deck to the north endzone expansion.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/fifa/images/c/c7/Fifa-14-stadium-la-bombonera.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130924200717

Don't they have something like that at Georgia Tech's stadium? I thought that looked like shit.

Mjoelner34
08-09-2016, 11:22 AM
.....even if you had the money to afford a suite, you couldn't get one, because there is a substantial waiting list (or last I heard there was).

That's what I've heard too.

Also, those standing terraces will not be around forever. The areas where you stand are poured for suite-level seating. I don't know what expansion will happen next. Either a bowling in of the south endzone to match the north or suites placed either side of the Scoreboard Club would be my guess.

Dawgbite
08-09-2016, 11:58 AM
As far as I can tell there are only 8 on one side. Maybe they have plans to add 8 to the other side but wanted to gauge interest first.

The east side deck of the scoreboard club is not as large as the west due to the shape of the stadium because of the existing street behind it. Plus there is a big grill over there where they are cooking burgers and dogs during the game.

ClangaDawg
08-09-2016, 06:54 PM
Somebody else said the same, but I just looked at this thread title and thought it said all the weed was sold out! lol