PDA

View Full Version : 2016/2017 Premier League Season Thread

TheRef
08-08-2016, 10:06 AM
HERE WE GO, BOYS. Your Leicester City Overlords look to defend our fantastic title run as we have the gold patch on our kits. Our first match of the fresh season will be against the Hull City Tigers at Hull. Needless to say, with our only loss being midfielder N'Golo Kante, I wouldn't say that we aren't prepared for a Top-6 run again. ALL HAIL YOUR LEICESTER CITY OVERLORDS

BrunswickDawg
08-08-2016, 11:07 AM
Excited to see how Liverpool does after an offseason with Klopp leading the way. I liked the roster changes for the most part.

This should be a real interesting season. I don't think anyone made moves that resulted in any one team looking like they are head and shoulders above the league. Leicester, Man U, Man C, Spurs, Arsenal, and even my Reds could make a play for the top of the table.

TheRef
08-08-2016, 12:07 PM
This should be a real interesting season. I don't think anyone made moves that resulted in any one team looking like they are head and shoulders above the league. Leicester, Man U, Man C, Spurs, Arsenal, and even my Reds could make a play for the top of the table.

Very true. No one has pulled in talent that will clearly set them apart this season. It'll definitely be interesting to see how it goes this season. Add in the fact that Leicester is playing in its first UCL, the conditioning of Leicester will be brought into question

DudyDawg
08-08-2016, 02:08 PM
The premier league will be better viewing as a whole this year. A nice amount of talent made the move into England and should make for better viewing (coaching talent as well as players), although no one added so much talent that they pulled away. Should be pretty open for the 6 or so teams that can win it

Liverpooldawg
08-08-2016, 06:27 PM
Excited to see how Liverpool does after an offseason with Klopp leading the way. I liked the roster changes for the most part.

We need a left back, and we need one bad.

DawgHouseUnited
08-08-2016, 11:55 PM

I wish yall hadn't gotten Sadio Mane from us. I saw that he's already scored a goal for you though.

I've been a bit disappointed in Southampton's off season. Several big departures and not so much in the way of incoming names. Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but I expect a mid-table year at best for the Saints.

DudyDawg
08-09-2016, 06:09 PM

We need one too. Race for ricardo rodriguez?

DudyDawg
08-09-2016, 06:10 PM
I wish yall hadn't gotten Sadio Mane from us. I saw that he's already scored a goal for you though.

I've been a bit disappointed in Southampton's off season. Several big departures and not so much in the way of incoming names. Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but I expect a mid-table year at best for the Saints.

Not trying to be rude but what else would you expect from Southampton

War Machine Dawg
08-12-2016, 06:42 PM
The new season starts in just about 12 hours! Hull has no coach, just 13 healthy senior players, shitty owners who won't spend and are apparently being too greedy in their sales demands, and the fans are planning a protest demonstration for the opener. Arsenal hasn't upgraded striker, we're really damn thin at the back, Wenger says he only focused on adding a new CB, and Wenger's still whining about player price inflation. Yep, I'm gonna go hang myself now.

BrunswickDawg
08-13-2016, 07:59 AM
The new season starts in just about 12 hours! Hull has no coach, just 13 healthy senior players, shitty owners who won't spend and are apparently being too greedy in their sales demands, and the fans are planning a protest demonstration for the opener. Arsenal hasn't upgraded striker, we're really damn thin at the back, Wenger says he only focused on adding a new CB, and Wenger's still whining about player price inflation. Yep, I'm gonna go hang myself now.
Well, Hull is playing like a team in a mission at least 70 minutes in. If they hold up their 2-1 lead, the Foxes may be in for a bad start to their defense of the cup.

War Machine Dawg
08-13-2016, 08:39 AM
2016, YEAR OF YOUR TIGER OVERLORDS!!!!! A depleted Hull team in disarray knocks off defending champs Leicester in the Premier League opener 2-1. Goals from Adama Diomande & Robert Snodgrass did the trick for your Tiger Overlords.

The Foxes lone goal came from a penalty shot by Riyad Mahrez. A horrendous call by the ref provided Mahrez the opportunity, as Tom Huddlestone fouled a Fox about a yard outside the penalty area. Ref awarded the penalty believing it was inside the box. Seriously, when will instant replay for easy things like that make it to soccer? They could check that in less than a minute, get it right, and not really extend the game at all.

ALL HAIL YOUR TIGER OVERLORDS!!!!! (Likely the only time this season I'll get to say that. Might as well enjoy it while I can.)

TheRef
08-13-2016, 06:19 PM
2016, YEAR OF YOUR TIGER OVERLORDS!!!!! A depleted Hull team in disarray knocks off defending champs Leicester in the Premier League opener 2-1. Goals from Adama Diomande & Robert Snodgrass did the trick for your Tiger Overlords.

The Foxes lone goal came from a penalty shot by Riyad Mahrez. A horrendous call by the ref provided Mahrez the opportunity, as Tom Huddlestone fouled a Fox about a yard outside the penalty area. Ref awarded the penalty believing it was inside the box. Seriously, when will instant replay for easy things like that make it to soccer? They could check that in less than a minute, get it right, and not really extend the game at all.

ALL HAIL YOUR TIGER OVERLORDS!!!!! (Likely the only time this season I'll get to say that. Might as well enjoy it while I can.)

I have to say, well played by the Tigers on this one. Hull City is showing pretty promising signs thus far. Then again, you never know how the season will end up at all. Enjoy the win, WMD.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-14-2016, 10:01 AM
Ibra looked like a boss today. I'm looking forward to him silencing his critics this season.

Liverpooldawg
08-14-2016, 01:40 PM
I didn't get to see it but that was a great win for Liverpool this morning. I didn't expect to get three points from that fixture.

BrunswickDawg
08-14-2016, 01:58 PM
I didn't get to see it but that was a great win for Liverpool this morning. I didn't expect to get three points from that fixture.
It's a match that would have pissed you off. The Reds started slow, and played bad defense and committed some stupid penalties. Right before half they came alive and scored an equalizer. Second half they came out with their hair on fire and scored three quick goals, then backed off and played stupid again. I'll take the points and road win and chalk it up to having so many new faces. Klopp definitely brings it, and the style play is so much better than when Rodgers was leading them.

Beaver
08-15-2016, 12:12 AM
Chelsea begins their BPL season tomorrow against West Ham United. It's going to be another interesting season for the Blues with the biggest addition being the Italian Coach Antonio Conte. Chelsea is basically hoping that Belgian stars Eden Hazard and goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois return to form. Conte will experiment early on with the backline trying to figure out if he should have 3 or 4 defenders. Chelsea also have several young and/or inexperienced BPL players that showed promise in the preseason, so I expect to see many different lineups -- especially if things go sour from the start. However, I expect the Blues to play with more passion and a sense of urgency this season. I expect Chelsea to finish in the top-6 fighting for a top 4 spot for a return to the Champions League.

Liverpooldawg
08-15-2016, 08:40 AM
It's a match that would have pissed you off. The Reds started slow, and played bad defense and committed some stupid penalties. Right before half they came alive and scored an equalizer. Second half they came out with their hair on fire and scored three quick goals, then backed off and played stupid again. I'll take the points and road win and chalk it up to having so many new faces. Klopp definitely brings it, and the style play is so much better than when Rodgers was leading them.
I doubt it would have pissed me off. They beat Arsenal on the road, I'll take that no matter how it happened.

DudyDawg
08-15-2016, 09:09 PM
Liverpool Arsenal was outstanding

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-19-2016, 05:38 PM
To follow in the footsteps of Ref and WMD:

ALL HAIL YOUR ZLATAN OVERLORD!!

I've got to say, Man U is a team that I never thought I would find myself attracted to as a fan. But with Newcastle in Championship purgatory, I have been on the hunt for a second team to pull for. It would make sense to pull for the team that has the player who has been my favorite since I first started following the sport, and with the addition of Pogba, Man U is just too damn sexy to resist now. I'm going to give them a shot, at least until Newcastle is back up.

So, as a conflicted and somewhat shameful new Man U supporter, does anyone have any advice on how I'm supposed to think and behave as a fan of a team with a winning tradition and championship expectations on an almost yearly basis? As a State fan, I've conditioned myself to hate any team that is a perennial powerhouse, so this is honestly a completely new experience for me. I'm particularly interested in how to properly look down my nose at all the teams I perceive to be below mine, and when it is appropriate to fall back on success from previous decades when talking trash to an opposing fan, but all advice is appreciated**

BrunswickDawg
08-19-2016, 10:32 PM

I've got to say, Man U is a team that I never thought I would find myself attracted to as a fan. But with Newcastle in Championship purgatory, I have been on the hunt for a second team to pull for. It would make sense to pull for the team that has the player who has been my favorite since I first started following the sport, and with the addition of Pogba, Man U is just too damn sexy to resist now. I'm going to give them a shot, at least until Newcastle is back up.

So, as a conflicted and somewhat shameful new Man U supporter, does anyone have any advice on how I'm supposed to think and behave as a fan of a team with a winning tradition and championship expectations on an almost yearly basis? As a State fan, I've conditioned myself to hate any team that is a perennial powerhouse, so this is honestly a completely new experience for me. I'm particularly interested in how to properly look down my nose at all the teams I perceive to be below mine, and when it is appropriate to fall back on success from previous decades when talking trash to an opposing fan, but all advice is appreciated**

Boooooooooooooooooooo! ,**** Man U!

TheRef
08-20-2016, 07:33 AM
Boooooooooooooooooooo! ,**** Man U!

I concur. You just have to be prepared to be the most hated man in this thread.

Liverpooldawg
08-20-2016, 10:51 AM
No today's game makes me mad. 2-0 loss to Burnley.

Liverpooldawg
08-20-2016, 10:53 AM

You should be ashamed of yourself. And if you are going to pull for the Mancs get that Newcastle avatar off your posts. No real Newcastle fan would pull for the bloody Mancs.

War Machine Dawg
08-20-2016, 02:05 PM
2016: YEAR OF THE TIGERS CONTINUES! Your first place Hull City Tigers disposed of Swansea 2-0 this morning. A late goal from sub Shaun Maloney gave Hull the lead. Abel Hernandez would slam the door firmly shut on the Swans with a stoppage time goal. The guts and heart displayed on the pitch from the Tigers, a team with just 13 fit senior players, should bring a tear to the eye. They battle every step of the way and capitalise when the opportunity presents itself.

ALL HAIL YOUR TIGER OVERLORDS!!!

In Arsenal news, the Gunners drew at nil-nil with our former Fox Overlords. Laurent Koscielny returned to the starting lineup and was a huge defensive presence on the pitch. Youngster Rob Holding started at the other CB spot and continues to impress. Granit Xhaka saw his full debut today as well.

Arsene Wenger continues to prove he's a fossil who is out of touch with the changes to football in general and tied down by an antiquated transfer policy. It's glaringly clear Arsenal need reinforcements at CB and striker, but Wenger refuses to spend the cash necessary to make it happen. He has been snubbed by both Leicester stars this summer when Vardy & Mahrez each opted to sign new extensions. It looked like he had a deal essentially wrapped up for Shkodran Mustafi, but doesn't want to pay 30M for him. Forget the fact Mustafi is widely considered the best German central defender behind Hummels and Boateng. That's too much for Ol' Empty Pockets. And paying 40-60M for a striker like Lacazette or Icardi? This sums Wenger's transfer policy nicely:
http://i.imgur.com/qzV6U.gif

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-20-2016, 02:38 PM
Dang I triggered you guys! In all honesty I was mostly trolling. I do wish I had another team to follow, and if Ibra had gone to any of the traditional powers besides Man U I probably would have been able to jump on their bandwagon while he is there, like I did with PSG, despite my appearant inability to pull for good teams. But with that being said, I am a huge fan of his and want to see him score 35 goals this season. Especially since many English soccer fans have claimed for his entire career that he only has a good goal scoring record because he has been avoiding the PL. So by transitive property I guess I am a Man U fan of sorts. Any chance of me actually beginning to like the club would die when I watch them on TV and see freaking Jose Mourinho on the sideline.

Since this has already blown up in my face, I have the urge to just keep it going for the rest of the season. But being one of about five somewhat consistent participants in this thread, I feel like it would push people away from here, when in reality I wish there was a more activity in the thread.

So, my sincere apologies to all.

To show you where I am as a Newcastle fan, I spent the first 30 minutes of our game this morning searching for an illegal RADIO stream.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-20-2016, 02:49 PM
No today's game makes me mad. 2-0 loss to Burnley.

Bizarre stat line, y'all had 81% possession and 26 shots and lost. Both of their goals were beautiful shots though.

BrunswickDawg
08-20-2016, 11:26 PM
Bizarre stat line, y'all had 81% possession and 26 shots and lost. Both of their goals were beautiful shots though.

I'm worrying about Liverpool's defense. There are moments where it seems like everyone forgets what to do and their solution is to just stop. I'm hoping it is just all the new faces trying to gel and it will right itself after a handful of matches.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-21-2016, 02:34 PM
I'm worrying about Liverpool's defense. There are moments where it seems like everyone forgets what to do and their solution is to just stop. I'm hoping it is just all the new faces trying to gel and it will right itself after a handful of matches.

I thought Matip would jump right into to the back line and be an improvement over Skretle, but he hasn't played a minute yet. Is he overrated in my mind or is he injured/still getting used to the system/having to earn his spot?

Liverpooldawg
08-21-2016, 02:36 PM
I thought Matip would jump right into to the back line and be an improvement over Skretle, but he hasn't played a minute yet. Is he overrated in my mind or is he injured/still getting used to the system/having to earn his spot?

Injured

DawgHouseUnited
08-21-2016, 07:13 PM
Well 2 games in and Southampton is about where I expected. An opening draw against Watford was disappointing, although the 2nd half was better than the first. The 0-2 loss to United was, sadly, about why I expected. Next game is with Sunderland, and I can only cross my fingers and hope our new manager can get things rolling. We still have some trade rumors; I'm telling you, it seems like the entire team has been sold off or left.

Speaking of Zlatan, did anyone see the Nike commercials with him and Tiny Zlatan? I'm an Adidas fan, but Nike has done some really entertaining commercials.

DudyDawg
08-22-2016, 05:09 PM
. Forget the fact Mustafi is widely considered the best German central defender behind Hummels and Boateng

Ehhhhh I think you'd be hard pressed to get me to agree there. He'd have a hard time getting in top 5 IMO. No question that Wenger is horrid in the transfer market but I don't think he's making a mistake by not paying 30M for Mustafi. There are a lot of questions about his ability. A lot of pundits don't think he's good enough for Arsenal.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-23-2016, 02:05 PM
In Newcastle/USMNT news, Deandre Yedlin is apparently in Newcastle today to complete a transfer to the Magpies. From a Newcastle perspective, I'm thrilled to have an up and coming US player on the team. I also think he is hardly a step down from Janmaat, the RB he's been signed to replace who's on his way to West Ham.

From a USMNT perspective, IMO this is a pretty good move for him as he will most certainly be the starting RB as soon as he's familiar enough with the team. It will also give him a year to gain experience and improve in the Championship before being relied upon as a Premier League starter again. Whether or not he was already good enough to start for a lower level PL team is certainly up for debate seeing as he finished last year at Sunderland pretty well.

DanglyGiant
08-25-2016, 10:48 AM
I'm getting pretty excited about the imminent arrival of Sofiane Boufal. Problem is, he's injured and not expected to contribute until mid-September. He'll also likely be out for about two months early next year for the African Cup of Nations.

War Machine Dawg
08-25-2016, 03:05 PM
Looks like the Cheap One is going to spend some money and fill the glaring holes before the deadline slams shut. Rumours from credible sources have heated up saying there has been a breakthrough with Valencia to sign Shkodran Mustafi. Apparently they'll accept somewhere around 35M quid for him. Wenger also appears to have landed a striker. Lots of credible reports out that the Gunners have hijacked Everton's deal with Deportivo for Lucas Perez. Deportivo will accept a 17M quid bid for Perez, who is said to prefer Arsenal to Everton due to Arsenal being in the UCL. I honestly don't see him as an upgrade on Giroud, but Wenger has an eye for talent. If he nets us 20 goals this year, I'll be thrilled.

Also looks like Hull and West Brom have both agreed to a loan deal for Jay Rodriguez of Southampton. Both clubs are waiting on Rodriguez to decide who he prefers. In possibly the best news for Hull fans, it seems a deal has been reached for the sale of the team to a Chinese group. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the deal will be finished before the current transfer window slams shut. The EPL's crazy fitness and character criteria are said to be the holdup due to the many tangled business interests of the two main Chinese consortium members. But it appears we finally have #AllamOut, so it's a good day.

TheRef
08-25-2016, 05:09 PM
So today we had the UCL draw and Leicester might have had one of the most favorable draws of the tournament for their Group. So we shall see how this effects the PL thoughts of the squad

War Machine Dawg
08-25-2016, 08:41 PM
Looks like the deals for Mustafi and Perez are either close to done or done. David "The Ornacle" Ornstein is saying both players are scheduled for physicals tomorrow (Friday). When it comes to Arsenal news, The Ornacle is the gold standard for reliability. He doesn't comment on transfer deals regularly, but when he does, it's almost always spot on. Whoever his Arsenal source is, the person is clearly plugged in and feeds great info. I know it's too late for either to be in the squad for Watford this weekend, but I'm really damn excited for fresh blood. Mustafi is a helluva long term signing and The BFG's successor at CB.

DanglyGiant
08-25-2016, 11:12 PM
I'd much rather Jay Rod go to Hull than to a Tony Pulis squad. He might actually have a chance to score some goals up there.

DudyDawg
08-26-2016, 09:08 AM
So today we had the UCL draw and Leicester might have had one of the most favorable draws of the tournament for their Group. So we shall see how this effects the PL thoughts of the squad

One of the weakest groups I've ever seen Haha. Couldn't have hand picked a better group for Leicester.

DudyDawg
08-26-2016, 09:50 AM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12087/10552652/lucas-perez-will-be-a-top-signing-for-arsenal-says-guillem-balague

WMD, here's a little on lucas Perez.

TheRef
08-26-2016, 10:43 AM
One of the weakest groups I've ever seen Haha. Couldn't have hand picked a better group for Leicester.

I'm so happy to see it happen, however. We will face one of the old hands in FC Porto.

DawgHouseUnited
08-26-2016, 12:58 PM
I'm getting pretty excited about the imminent arrival of Sofiane Boufal. Problem is, he's injured and not expected to contribute until mid-September. He'll also likely be out for about two months early next year for the African Cup of Nations.

We also signed another big name* GK Stuart Taylor... Most likely a 3rd stringer/unofficial coach type thing.

TheRef
08-27-2016, 10:55 AM
Your Fox Overlords just finished up a 2-1 victory over Swansea City that saw goals from Jamie Vardy and Wes Morgan. Both of these goals came off of the foot of Danny Drinkwater, who easily gets Man of the Match in my opinion. Drinkwater was spot on with through balls and crosses that gave the Foxes the decisive advantage on both ends. GK Kasper Schmeichel had to be the first substitution for the Foxes after an apparent muscle pull during an awkward save. The Swans ended up with a late goal in the 81' off of a great header against our backup GK. A well-fought 3 points for the Foxes, and we are back in form just before the International Break.

The Foxes will travel to Liverpool in two weeks to face off against the Reds. ALL HAIL YOUR FOX OVERLORDS.

Also, this was Vardy's 50th Premier League goal. Morgan scored on his 200th match with the club. Manager Claudio Ranieri has just earned his 100th Premier League win as a manager. He is only the 5th non-English manager to accomplish this milestone. A day of milestones in the rain-soaked King Power Stadium.

Liverpooldawg
08-27-2016, 06:08 PM
We let in a late goal to draw with Spurs. Overall we are one point better than I thought we would be at this point, but how we got them and didn't get them is a bit strange. Next up after the STUPID international break (I HATE international football) is Leicester City at the newly expanded Anfield.

DudyDawg
08-31-2016, 08:20 AM
Joe Hart to torino on loan

Mustafi has signed with Arsenal

Liverpooldawg
09-08-2016, 10:03 PM
Not EPL but Real Madrid and Athletico Madrid were handed a transfer ban today.............till 2018.

War Machine Dawg
09-09-2016, 08:09 AM
Not EPL but Real Madrid and Athletico Madrid were handed a transfer ban today.............till 2018.

Ouch. That's gonna hurt. Hopefully it's incentive for Simeone to become the new Arsenal manager when Wenger leaves after this year (I can only hope). Then Griezmann will follow him and we'll finally have the world class striker to go with Ozil, Alexis, Xhaka & Co.

DudyDawg
09-09-2016, 10:08 AM

It's not actually a ban, per se. It's the same as the barca ban. We can still buy and sell players, but can't register them until the ban ends. We are still appealing.

This ban has been looming and is part of what concerns me with real's summer. We didn't sign a soul (bought back morata). Depth may become an issue

BrunswickDawg
09-10-2016, 07:06 AM
What a great morning of football! Surprised to wake up and find FoxS1 carrying The Old Firm Derby and I get to see my Hoops take on the evil Rangers live from Paradise!!! And the Manchester Derby followed by Liverpool vs. Leicester. Celtic is up on Rangers 2-1 and seems to be holding off on the Brendan Rogers induced big game collapse (for now...)

BrunswickDawg
09-10-2016, 07:41 AM
And Dembele with a hat trick!!! What a match in Paradise. Things so bad for Ranger that the assistant manager got sent off!! Hoops!!!!

Liverpooldawg
09-10-2016, 11:36 AM
It's not actually a ban, per se. It's the same as the barca ban. We can still buy and sell players, but can't register them until the ban ends. We are still appealing.

This ban has been looming and is part of what concerns me with real's summer. We didn't sign a soul (bought back morata). Depth may become an issue

If you can't register them you can't play them.

Liverpooldawg
09-10-2016, 11:42 AM
And Dembele with a hat trick!!! What a match in Paradise. Things so bad for Ranger that the assistant manager got sent off!! Hoops!!!!

I wish I had known that was on. It's great to see the Old Firm back in business.

BrunswickDawg
09-10-2016, 12:40 PM
I wish I had known that was on. It's great to see the Old Firm back in business.

It was a great match. I have to admit that I do like Rangers style - attack, attack, and attack again. They were just over matched today and fell apart in the second half. It is good to have the Old Firm back again - good for Celtic and good for football in general.

I just hope our Reds can hold off those Foxes. Looking good so far.

Liverpooldawg
09-10-2016, 01:45 PM
It was a great match. I have to admit that I do like Rangers style - attack, attack, and attack again. They were just over matched today and fell apart in the second half. It is good to have the Old Firm back again - good for Celtic and good for football in general.

I just hope our Reds can hold off those Foxes. Looking good so far.

I'd say we held up fairly well! 4-1 Reds. It was a great way to christen the new Anfield. We still have major problems at the back though. The goal we let in was an absolute howler. If Sako didn't really believe he was in the dog house with Klopp, today should have convinced him. LUCAS played at CB instead of him. I wonder if we even listed Sako as a player on the EPL list?

By the way, news got out today that we are evidently looking to move ahead on the next stage of the Anfield expansion. It will take it above every stadium in the league except Old Trafford. I've been following Liverpool a long time now. I came in just 3-4 years after the last title. We have had some high sports over those years but you always had a sense the club was just drifting and not keeping up with the times, both on the pitch and even more so off it. That has changed since FSG took over. The off the pitch stuff is light years ahead of where it was. It's moved into the modern world, finally. I think the on the pitch stuff will eventually come around. After a few games, I'm very pleased with the way we handled the transfers, the outs as well as the ins. It looks like we hit with all the main ones in for perhaps the first time I can remember. We moved a LOT of deadwood out. I would have liked too have brought in another recognized CB and definitely another recognized left back. I DO like the fact that we didn't just go out and panic buy like we have done all too often in the past. I'm over the moon with Klopp so far. He seems to be buying to fit the system, and the system seems to trump everything else. I'm IN.

BrunswickDawg
09-10-2016, 02:50 PM
Klopp has been tremendous. I think next year may be the year to see us at the top of the table again just because I'm not sure we have the depth that we need to play Klopp's style while also competing in the various Cups - which Kopp and FSG want to perform in at a high level. We may not win it, but we will be in the mix. YNWA!

Dawg61
09-11-2016, 07:00 AM
Love this thread! Caught some of the Manchester Derby yesterday. Good match

DudyDawg
09-11-2016, 05:53 PM
If you can't register them you can't play them.

I know

DudyDawg
09-11-2016, 05:57 PM
Klopp has been tremendous. I think next year may be the year to see us at the top of the table again just because I'm not sure we have the depth that we need to play Klopp's style while also competing in the various Cups - which Kopp and FSG want to perform in at a high level. We may not win it, but we will be in the mix. YNWA!

The year after Liverpool get in the champions league will be the year they will push for a title. You need to be in it to attract those top tier transfer targets

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2016, 10:31 AM
If we lose something, like a spot in Europe, on goal difference I'm gonna be hacked.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/09/13/jamie-vardys-goal-against-liverpool-should-not-have-been-allowed-according-to-fifa-laws/?utm_content=buffer5a848&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2016, 04:14 PM
Barca 7 Celtic 0, that's gonna leave a mark.

War Machine Dawg
09-14-2016, 10:34 AM
Arsenal beat Southampton via a late penalty on Saturday and tied with PSG in the Champions League yesterday. Wenger continues showing he's losing touch with the game, as he benched Granit Xhaka the last 2 games in favor of Francis Coquelin. Then against PSG he started Ospina over Cech and no striker with Sanchez up front and Ox & Walcott on the wings. The most WTF lineup of the year so far for Wenger. Seriously, why pay so much for one of the best CDM's in the world and Perez if you have little intention of starting them regularly? Or hell, I'd even take Giroud up front over Alexis.

Hull drew against Burnley on Saturday. It took a really late stoppage time goal from Robert Snodgrass, but the Tigers managed to salvage a point. In other Hull news, the talks with the Chinese group collapsed. Apparently there were issues with the PL's Character & Fitness investigation. The good news a new group has emerged, led by Chinese businessman Chien Lee. Lee met with the Allam's on Monday at Hull's U-23 game. The consortium already has controlling interest in Nice, apparently. What I like is that Lee has lived in the US since the mid-80s & is the founder & CEO of NewCity Capital. There shouldn't be any real complications if this deal winds up going through. #AllamsOut It also looks like Mike Phelan is closing in on a deal that would make him the new boss permanently. Considering what he's done so far, I'm ok with this move.

BrunswickDawg
09-14-2016, 03:29 PM
Barca 7 Celtic 0, that's gonna leave a mark.

same type game that ran Brendan Rodgers out of Liverpool. Celtic will never be what we want to be on the world stage - but we don't want to be embarrassed like that, and that will make Rodgers' stint in Paradise a short one.

TheRef
09-14-2016, 04:57 PM
Your Fox Overlords are starting off well in the Champions League with a huge 3-0 victory against Club Brugge. Mahrez had two goals, one PK and one from a Free Kick, to compliment Marc Albrighton's opening goal in the 9th minute.

For our first showing in the UCL, you could not have written a better script

DudyDawg
09-15-2016, 05:39 PM
More struggles for England in europe. Tottenham losing to Monaco at wembly in the CL and United losing today at Feyenoord. I think city is going to have to carry the torch again for England in europe

Liverpooldawg
09-16-2016, 03:54 PM
Liverpool 2 Chelski 1 FINAL! Always great to get a win over the plastics.

DudyDawg
09-19-2016, 08:37 AM
Liverpool 2 Chelski 1 FINAL! Always great to get a win over the plastics.

I have a good friend who is a huge Liverpool fan. He thinks Liverpool can at the very least have a say in the title hunt. I don't, and think they'll finish closer to 5. IMO, if they squeak into the top 4, Klopp can add 1 or 2 pieces he wouldn't be able to without champions League and be able to challenge next season. What do you predict for them.

TheRef
09-19-2016, 01:37 PM
Leicester welcomed Islam Slimani to the squad with a great 2-goal performance by the new Fox. An own goal by Burnley wrapped up the scoring for the Foxes as we ended up with a 3-0 victory. Next up, we play Chelsea in the English League Cup play. But in Premier League play, we will play Manchester United at Old Trafford as they are coming off their fourth straight loss. A lot of fans are dreading this fact because the know the Red Evils will be motivated to not get that fifth loss in a row. Needless to say, tensions will be high.

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2016, 06:47 PM
I have a good friend who is a huge Liverpool fan. He thinks Liverpool can at the very least have a say in the title hunt. I don't, and think they'll finish closer to 5. IMO, if they squeak into the top 4, Klopp can add 1 or 2 pieces he wouldn't be able to without champions League and be able to challenge next season. What do you predict for them.

Have a say in it, yes. Win it, no. I say 4th or 5th. We still need a left back, and another midfielder, and another out and out striker.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-20-2016, 06:33 PM
Nm

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-20-2016, 06:39 PM
Speaking on the Anfield expansion: I was listening to the Men in Blazers podcast and they mentioned that the 8500 seat expansion y'all just completed would open up $40 million more in transfer money without breaching financial fair play rules. They didn't mention if it was $40 mil/year or a flat sum, but either way, is stadium expansion the loophole in the Fair Play system? It would also explain Man City's expansion despite having trouble filling their stadium.

I have never read up on the FFP regulations, so maybe someone here can enlighten me.

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2016, 08:10 PM
Speaking on the Anfield expansion: I was listening to the Men in Blazers podcast and they mentioned that the 8500 seat expansion y'all just completed would open up $40 million more in transfer money without breaching financial fair play rules. They didn't mention if it was $40 mil/year or a flat sum, but either way, is stadium expansion the loophole in the Fair Play system? It would also explain Man City's expansion despite having trouble filling their stadium.

I have never read up on the FFP regulations, so maybe someone here can enlighten me.

The only way that affects FFP is that there will be more revenue coming in. WE won't have any trouble filling it. I think the waiting list for season tickets was something like 20k.

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2016, 08:15 PM
Nice wins for my two main English clubs in the Worthless (or whatever it's called now) Cup today. Liverpool won 3-0 over Derby County. I hate it for Derby though, they have been another club I keep up with for a long time now. Norwich City 2 Everton 0: A win over an EPL club is always big for a lower league team. That it was the bluenoses makes it even better!

DudyDawg
09-21-2016, 02:53 PM
Real madrid tied Villarreal 1-1 in a nervy game where they got a penalty. That means real madrid streak of 16 la liga wins is broken, tying the record and failing today to break it. Now Barcelona and atletico play at 3 today. If you have Bein, tune in. It'll be better than any game you'll see in England this year

BrunswickDawg
09-24-2016, 09:39 AM
Liverpool is just destroying Hull. The goal just now to make it 3-0 Reds with Lallana and Mane was a thing of beauty.

Liverpooldawg
09-25-2016, 10:25 AM
5-1 final. Liverpool looked really good. I'm watching a bit of the game from West Ham's new ground before I head out to church. I don't like it at all. The stands are a long way from the pitch. It has to kill the atmosphere. Upton Park always had such a great one. The announcers just said West Ham was playing crowd noise over the PA system as the fans were arriving. I wonder if they are having to do it during the games?

DawgHouseUnited
09-27-2016, 09:22 AM
Nice wins for my two main English clubs in the Worthless (or whatever it's called now) Cup today. Liverpool won 3-0 over Derby County. I hate it for Derby though, they have been another club I keep up with for a long time now. Norwich City 2 Everton 0: A win over an EPL club is always big for a lower league team. That it was the bluenoses makes it even better!

I may be petty, but I am kinda rooting against Everton- sore for them getting Koeman from the Saints...

Speaking of, I'd pretty much given up hope for this year, but maybe things are starting to trend upward. A good win over West Ham and a squeaker past Swansea helps calm the nerves, but I'm still actually surprised that we're top-10 on the table right now. Seemed like forever with draws and losses. We'll see how things look Sunday against Leicester. I'm still at the point of just hoping to not get embarrassed.

Liverpooldawg
09-27-2016, 09:48 AM
http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/video-jurgen-klopp-monday-night-football/

If you get a chance watch this video. It's Klopp and Carra talking football on the English version of Monday Night Football. I've been following Liverpool for around 20 years now. Ive never been totally sold on a manager we have had in that whole time. I'm sold on Klopp. I think what he needs to win the league is within our means. He needs players that fit his system, not superstar players, to win. It seems to be more about mentality than anything. I'm starting to get excited for real. When we made the run under Rogers I was always waiting for the wheels to come off. This has a different feel to it. Hope I'm right.

DawgHouseUnited
09-27-2016, 02:53 PM
Have y'all seen This? Pretty funny but I can't get it to embed for some reason. On my tablet that may be why..

https://youtu.be/CLcFj_Z5bjk

TheRef
09-27-2016, 07:01 PM
Your Fox Overlords are once again doing well in the UCL. We finished off FC Porto 1-0 at King Power. We have 6 points in the table while our next opponent Copenhagen has 4. Winner of that game will win the group.

Liverpooldawg
09-27-2016, 09:02 PM
I may be petty, but I am kinda rooting against Everton- sore for them getting Koeman from the Saints...

Speaking of, I'd pretty much given up hope for this year, but maybe things are starting to trend upward. A good win over West Ham and a squeaker past Swansea helps calm the nerves, but I'm still actually surprised that we're top-10 on the table right now. Seemed like forever with draws and losses. We'll see how things look Sunday against Leicester. I'm still at the point of just hoping to not get embarrassed.

rooting against Everton isn't petty, it's essential. :)

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-27-2016, 09:44 PM
The only way that affects FFP is that there will be more revenue coming in. WE won't have any trouble filling it. I think the waiting list for season tickets was something like 20k.

Is it more actual revenue, or more potential revenue? This might of been where the loop hole was suggested. Adding seats to your stadium increases the potential revenue whether you can realistically fill the seats or not, which is what people were suggesting about City's expansion.

BrunswickDawg
09-28-2016, 07:20 AM
http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/video-jurgen-klopp-monday-night-football/

If you get a chance watch this video. It's Klopp and Carra talking football on the English version of Monday Night Football. I've been following Liverpool for around 20 years now. Ive never been totally sold on a manager we have had in that whole time. I'm sold on Klopp. I think what he needs to win the league is within our means. He needs players that fit his system, not superstar players, to win. It seems to be more about mentality than anything. I'm starting to get excited for real. When we made the run under Rogers I was always waiting for the wheels to come off. This has a different feel to it. Hope I'm right.

I love Klopp and the style of his teams. If Man C wasn't looking like such a juggernaut right now I'd say we'd have a shot for the top of the table.

DudyDawg
09-28-2016, 08:01 AM
Your Fox Overlords are once again doing well in the UCL. We finished off FC Porto 1-0 at King Power. We have 6 points in the table while our next opponent Copenhagen has 4. Winner of that game will win the group.

This aint the world Cup ref, you've got to play everyone twice. Lot of points still to be had. Real tied dortmund in what is likely the matchup of the group stage (bayern atletico I believe are in a group too, that's just as good) away.

Liverpooldawg
09-28-2016, 08:43 AM
Is it more actual revenue, or more potential revenue? This might of been where the loop hole was suggested. Adding seats to your stadium increases the potential revenue whether you can realistically fill the seats or not, which is what people were suggesting about City's expansion.

I think it's actual revenue.

TheRef
09-28-2016, 06:10 PM
This aint the world Cup ref, you've got to play everyone twice. Lot of points still to be had. Real tied dortmund in what is likely the matchup of the group stage (bayern atletico I believe are in a group too, that's just as good) away.

Well damn......

Yyhonhon
09-29-2016, 08:21 AM
Anybody need a ride to Atlanta this weekend

War Machine Dawg
09-29-2016, 10:12 AM
Arsenal looking stout lately. Theo Walcott is out of his mind through the first 2 months of the season. He bagged a brace in an easy UCL win over Basel yesterday. (Side note: I f'n HATE the UEFA jersey rules. They make no sense.) I still don't like Alexis as the lone striker, but it gets Iwobi on the field, which I do like. Granit Xhaka continues to prove why he should be starting over Coquelin. I still wanna see us play Lucas Perez through the middle and move Alexis back to the wing. Hopefully it'll happen once Walcott remembers he isn't supposed to be good.

Hull has been terrible lately. They're going to struggle to avoid relegation. And don't even get me started on the various ownership talks. It's a complete clusterfvck. That's not even talking about the Allams trying to low ball Phelan on his salary to name him permanent manager, which he probably deserves for how he's gotten this team to buy in and perform despite everything else going on with the club. At this point, I'm just waiting to get a couple of players like Odubajo & Dawson healthy so we can have a truly competitive 11.

BrunswickDawg
10-02-2016, 10:39 AM
Spurs just dominated Man City. That was fun to watch. Best of all, it tightened up the race for the top of the table. Puts the Reds right there only 2 points back.

Liverpooldawg
10-02-2016, 05:52 PM
Big win for Spurs over City. Liverpool and Arsenal both gutted out wins of the kind you have to get to mount a title challenge. This could be a really fun title chase if this keeps up.

DawgHouseUnited
10-02-2016, 10:09 PM
Southampton put together another draw, this time against Leicester. Not too disappointed, especially when I consider that we've had a series of clean sheets now. Just gotta figure out how to score some goals now.

DanglyGiant
10-05-2016, 11:15 AM
Just gotta figure out how to score some goals now.

Hopefully Boufal will be fit enough to earn some playing time after the international break. He could be the one to spark us onward.

DawgHouseUnited
10-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Hopefully Boufal will be fit enough to earn some playing time after the international break. He could be the one to spark us onward.

I'm actually less pessimistic than I was about things. I gotta say, the beginning of the season looked a bit depressing.

Liverpooldawg
10-17-2016, 01:32 PM
Big game today! The Northwest Derby, the biggest of them all in England. Liverpool go in with two key injuries, I'm going to ATTEMPT to spell their names, lol. Winjnaldum is out, hamstring in his #*^% international. Lalanna only makes the bench, same injury that kept him out of the England team last week. Can and Sturrige start. We will miss the two who are out in a big way. Can worries me because he is something of a hot head and that can spell disaster in this fixture.

Liverpooldawg
10-17-2016, 02:51 PM
0-0 Halftime. The Mancs had the better of it for the first 20 minutes, Liverpool settled in and probability edged them the last 20. There were no real chances from either side. We are missing the two who are out. It's forced Coutinio to drop back and it's showing with a lack of creativity. He was still the best player on the pitch so far.

Liverpooldawg
10-17-2016, 03:53 PM
Finished 0-0. Liverpool had the better if the second, 3-4 chances. Mancs had one.

Liverpooldawg
10-17-2016, 05:18 PM
When I first saw the fixture list to start the season if you had told me would be in 4th 2 points off the lead after Man U, I would have taken it and ran. I'm pretty dang happy with our start to the season!

War Machine Dawg
10-17-2016, 09:18 PM
When I first saw the fixture list to start the season if you had told me would be in 4th 2 points off the lead after Man U, I would have taken it and ran. I'm pretty dang happy with our start to the season!

I'm pretty happy with Arsenal's start, too. Outside of Wenger's questionable lineup selections, it's been a good season. We're sitting second on the table by goal differential. And Giroud has yet to play, Ramsey has been injured, and Wenger hasn't even attempted to integrate Lucas into the side yet. It's really early and we haven't really seen the annual Arsenal injury crisis, but this team looks like it could mount a genuine title challenge.

Hull, on the other hand.....I'm just ready for #AllamsOut. Until then, nothing else matters. It's going to be a struggle to avoid relegation.

DudyDawg
10-18-2016, 01:24 PM
Big surprise. Big English game involving mourinho is a bore

Liverpooldawg
10-18-2016, 02:21 PM
Big surprise. Big English game involving mourinho is a bore

Bus driver

DudyDawg
10-19-2016, 12:27 PM
Bus driver

Is it driving if a bus is parked and the keys are out*

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2016, 12:29 PM
Is it driving if a bus is parked and the keys are out*

Not really, LOL!

TheRef
10-19-2016, 05:21 PM
Well....in UCL action, the Foxes have become the first team to clinch 3rd place in their Group and qualify for Europa. 3 out of 3 wins for the Foxes, and we head to FC Copenhagen next time.

However, in Premier League action, the Foxes haven't exactly been the best. We dropped a 0-3 decision against Chelski. We are currently in the 13 slot of the Table, and Raineri is NOT happy at all.

DawgHouseUnited
10-19-2016, 06:39 PM
Barca beat City today. Messi got a hat trick I believe. I didn't get to watch it but it sounds like they had their way with Man City. Arsenal did too, looking at the fixtures.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-19-2016, 08:56 PM
This season has been great so far, and the storylines and potential for a tight race at the top are setting us (or at least me) up for a very entertaining season.

Man City is the only team that I think is capable of running away with the title, but they have suddenly looked vulnerable the past few games and no better than the other teams in the top 4.

Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool have all looked great and have been a lot of fun to watch.

Chelsea is lurking right behind the top 4 and haven't seemed to come up to full force yet.

Man U is floundering. Will they be able to finish in the top 4? And what will happen if Jose isn't able to achieve that despite all the huge signings made in the summer.

Can Everton stay hot and potentially compete for a Champions League spot?

Can West Ham right the ship, or will the implosion continue?

And suddenly Swansea City is everyone's 2nd favorite team in the league with Bob Bradley at the helm.

Maybe it's because I don't have to watch Newcastle wallowing in the relegation zone this season, but I've had more fun watching games this season than ever before.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2016, 08:28 AM
I'm cautiously optimistic about Liverpool so far. I'm certainly excited to be where we are after the schedule we had to start the season. I still think we are a couple of players short of what we need to win it though. I've been supporting Liverpool for at least 20 years now. During that time I've seen them win both major European competitions. I've seen them win both domestic cups multiple times. They have won the league 18 times but the last time was 4-5 years before I discovered them. I've never seen them do it. That's the one I, and I think every Red on the planet, want. I think we WILL get it under Klopp. He is the first Liverpool manager since I've been able to follow them really close that has a system and insists that the system comes first, not the player. That's the way forward for a club that isn't one of the 7 or 8 or so that can just go out and buy a title. Shanks must be smiling.

I think the next big step for us needs to be cashing in on Sturrige while we still can. It's becoming increasingly obvious that he doesn't really fit the system. Sell him and get another forward that does. We might even have enough left over to go get a real left back, although Milner is doing much better than I ever thought he would there.

War Machine Dawg
10-20-2016, 09:32 AM
Arsenal murdered Ludogorets in the UCL 6-0 behind Mesut Ozil's hat trick. It's his first as a Gunner. Surprisingly, Wenger fielded almost the entire 1A starting 11 with the exceptions of Ox for Iwobi and Coquelin for Xhaka. I was really hoping we'd use the opportunity to get a start and full 90 from some other players like Lucas Perez.

DawgHouseUnited
10-20-2016, 11:00 AM
Arsenal murdered Ludogorets in the UCL 6-0 behind Mesut Ozil's hat trick. It's his first as a Gunner. Surprisingly, Wenger fielded almost the entire 1A starting 11 with the exceptions of Ox for Iwobi and Coquelin for Xhaka. I was really hoping we'd use the opportunity to get a start and full 90 from some other players like Lucas Perez.

What, Wenger doesn't follow the 1a/1b philosophy? ***

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-20-2016, 11:11 AM
I'm cautiously optimistic about Liverpool so far. I'm certainly excited to be where we are after the schedule we had to start the season. I still think we are a couple of players short of what we need to win it though. I've been supporting Liverpool for at least 20 years now. During that time I've seen them win both major European competitions. I've seen them win both domestic cups multiple times. They have won the league 18 times but the last time was 4-5 years before I discovered them. I've never seen them do it. That's the one I, and I think every Red on the planet, want. I think we WILL get it under Klopp. He is the first Liverpool manager since I've been able to follow them really close that has a system and insists that the system comes first, not the player. That's the way forward for a club that isn't one of the 7 or 8 or so that can just go out and buy a title. Shanks must be smiling.

I think the next big step for us needs to be cashing in on Sturrige while we still can. It's becoming increasingly obvious that he doesn't really fit the system. Sell him and get another forward that does. We might even have enough left over to go get a real left back, although Milner is doing much better than I ever thought he would there.
I don't think they have the guns to do it this season either. But I've thoroughly enjoyed watching them. I would definitely sell Sturridge, he doesn't fit on Klopp's team strategically or philosophically. But there's plenty of teams that would love to have him and would pay a nice fee for him.

DudyDawg
10-20-2016, 01:08 PM

I've never been a big fan of sturridge. He's got talent, but isn't good enough off the ball. He doesnt work hard enough making runs to get his wingers open and doesn't press high enough. Not to mention his injuries. I like Origi more bc of his work rate and youth. Sell sturridge and get a couple fullbacks and an out and out winger and I think they can push for the title next year. You'll need to stay top 4 this year though if you want to get the talent you'll need to win the Prem.

DudyDawg
10-20-2016, 01:13 PM
This season has been great so far, and the storylines and potential for a tight race at the top are setting us (or at least me) up for a very entertaining season.

Man City is the only team that I think is capable of running away with the title, but they have suddenly looked vulnerable the past few games and no better than the other teams in the top 4.

Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool have all looked great and have been a lot of fun to watch.

Chelsea is lurking right behind the top 4 and haven't seemed to come up to full force yet.

Man U is floundering. Will they be able to finish in the top 4? And what will happen if Jose isn't able to achieve that despite all the huge signings made in the summer.

Can Everton stay hot and potentially compete for a Champions League spot?

Can West Ham right the ship, or will the implosion continue?

And suddenly Swansea City is everyone's 2nd favorite team in the league with Bob Bradley at the helm.

Maybe it's because I don't have to watch Newcastle wallowing in the relegation zone this season, but I've had more fun watching games this season than ever before.

I think this year will be between city, arsenal, and maybe Chelsea if Conte can get it going. The talent at ManU top to bottom is still pretty EHH. Other than pogba, and ibra who is a stop gap, there isn't much world class talent.

As far as Europe goes, city kind of backed into the semi finals of the CL last year and added some talent, but they still lack the speed (especially at fullback) to compete in European football at the top level. And they are really the best suited for European football of any english side, So I don't think england is going to have much continental for a few more years.

War Machine Dawg
10-20-2016, 02:24 PM
What, Wenger doesn't follow the 1a/1b philosophy? ***

Genuine LOL. That was good, DHU. It just sucks he wasted an opportunity to rest some guys like Alexis, Ozil, and Cazorla while giving some invaluable game time to Lucas, Elneny, Holding, JEFF, etc.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-21-2016, 10:04 AM
I think this year will be between city, arsenal, and maybe Chelsea if Conte can get it going. The talent at ManU top to bottom is still pretty EHH. Other than pogba, and ibra who is a stop gap, there isn't much world class talent.

I think Tottenham added enough quality depth to have a chance to compete this season too. They ran out of gas last season playing their aggresive press all the time.

DudyDawg
10-21-2016, 01:32 PM
I think Tottenham added enough quality depth to have a chance to compete this season too. They ran out of gas last season playing their aggresive press all the time.

I disagree, although they did add depth. I think they are weak on the wings and still too young at key places. When you're young like that, you tend to drop points to teams you shouldn't once or twice when you absolutely can't afford it. That, and besides Dele Alli and Son (I think he will cool off) I don't think they have the creativity when teams pack it in consistently. But we will see. I think the whole team is basically like Moussa Sissokho- loads of talent that can completely disappear for long stretches

Liverpooldawg
10-22-2016, 01:22 PM
2-1 over West Brom. It should have been 4-5 for Liverpool. We missed a chance to go top temporarily by letting in that garbage goal. Still, level on points with Arsenal at the top for tonight! On to the next one!

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-22-2016, 05:00 PM
I disagree, although they did add depth. I think they are weak on the wings and still too young at key places. When you're young like that, you tend to drop points to teams you shouldn't once or twice when you absolutely can't afford it. That, and besides Dele Alli and Son (I think he will cool off) I don't think they have the creativity when teams pack it in consistently. But we will see. I think the whole team is basically like Moussa Sissokho- loads of talent that can completely disappear for long stretches

I haven't seen them play enough to too much vouch for them. But if they're a team of Sissokos then they won't come close. The $30 mil transfer fee Tottenham payed us for him was extortion.

DudyDawg
10-23-2016, 05:19 PM
Chelsea 4 Man United 0. Double whammy today for Mourinho as it's clear he has yet to figure out the mess in Manchester and it looks like Conte has figured out the one he left behind. Absolute thrashing today.

In other news, Real Madrid beat Athletic Bilbao 2-1 and moves to the top of the table. Haven't won the league in a few years and the players say that is the focus this year. Good start!

Liverpooldawg
10-29-2016, 10:20 PM
On to the next one! You Will Never Walk Alone!

DudyDawg
10-30-2016, 11:12 AM
On to the next one! You Will Never Walk Alone!

Watched the first 25 or 30 minutes before heading to the junction. About as exciting a ten minute or so stretch as you get in soccer. Lovren with instant redemption. Love or hate Liverpool, these past couple years they've been playing a lot of enjoyable games.

Liverpooldawg
11-06-2016, 11:10 AM
Liverpool go TOP!!!!!!! 6-1 over Watford today.

DudyDawg
11-06-2016, 03:29 PM
Liverpool go TOP!!!!!!! 6-1 over Watford today.

Outstanding start. If Liverpool can stay healthy they have as good a shot as anyone right now. Offense is outstanding

TheRef
11-06-2016, 04:20 PM
Ughhh...we lost 2-1 to the baggies. Disappointing loss. Raineri had a dumbass move in taking Musa out right when he was starting to beat the FB. Just absolutely stunning.

War Machine Dawg
11-07-2016, 05:43 PM
Arsenal played to a 1-1 draw against the Spuds in the North London Derby. The November Fade begins, it would seem. Going to be a hell of a fight for the title this season with at least 4-5 teams all looking like legitimate contenders. It's also going to be fun to see what the contenders try to do in the upcoming January transfer window.

Hull finally ended their losing skid with a 1-0 defeat of Southampton. It's Mike Phelan's first W since being named permanent manager. Hopefully the sale of the team goes through soon and we can strengthen the team some in January and avoid relegation.

Liverpooldawg
11-15-2016, 07:27 PM
Now that we are finally nearly rid of this international crap for a while we get to one of the KEY stages of the EPL season, the festive season madness. It will be interesting to see who can hold together as the domestic fixtures begin to come thick and fast.

DudyDawg
11-15-2016, 09:49 PM
Now that we are finally nearly rid of this international crap for a while we get to one of the KEY stages of the EPL season, the festive season madness. It will be interesting to see who can hold together as the domestic fixtures begin to come thick and fast.

Yup. Any signings you want the reds to pursue come January? Left back maybe.

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2016, 12:34 PM
Left or center back, or both. Cover for Mane would be nice as well. We KNOW he will miss a month soon due to more international BS at the African Cup of Nations.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2016, 11:44 AM
I hear we may go for a winger. It doesn't look like we will breakdown Southampton. It's 0-0 in the 87th.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2016, 11:51 AM
0-0. The spell at the top may not last long.

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2016, 12:00 PM
Well, that's the kind of gut it out win you have to get a lot of to win the league. Liverpool 2 Sunderland 0. The cost was VERY high though. If that injury to #10 was as bad as it looked that may cost us a shot at the title. We need him. It was encouraging that they broke down the parked double decker eventually without him.

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2016, 01:09 PM
The coolest thing from our game this morning was what Klopp did when the crowd kind of got on Henderson for making a bad pass. He came charging out of the dugout and started lambasting the crowd. Then he started inciting the crowd. Anfield was sort of in that here we go again funk it has been in all to often the last two decades. By the time Klopp was done it was roaring. The first goal followed shortly thereafter. The man is MADE for Liverpool.

DudyDawg
11-26-2016, 02:09 PM
After beating atletico 3-0 last week with a Ronaldo hat trick, we secured a R16 spot in the champs league and beat Sporting today behind 2 from Ronaldo. 31 games unbeaten under Zidane, a guy who's never been a head coach is pretty special.

As for the EPL, 8 have to say my favorites are Chelsea right now. Since conte moved them to a 3-4-3 like he ran with Juve, they've been just about impossible to score on. Liverpool has an outside shot at the title, but I'm not sure they have the staying power just yet. Or the defense to win games 1-0 when their Offense struggles. 1-2 January buys and I think Liverpool is right in the thick of it. Should be a very exciting spring.

Also, anyone else paying attention to what's going on in Germany? RB Leipzig is leading the league and the likes of Bayern and Dortmund after being promoted last year. Makes Leicester's season last year look normal! Would be amazing if they won the title just out of pure insanity factor. Very wild past couple of years indeed

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2016, 11:30 PM
17 Chelski, the Russian bastards.

War Machine Dawg
11-28-2016, 02:56 PM
Arsenal defeated Bournemouth 3-1 and keeps pace with the leaders. The Gunners are now up to 18 straight without a loss. One more match and we may escape the infamous November Curse for the first time in ages. And Arsenal fans were happy to see Granit Xhaka in the starting 11. He made a huge impact and his distributing the ball was a nice replacement of Cazorla. I think everyone still wants to see a Ramsey-Xhaka pairing, but as long as Xhaka is playing I'll be happy. He's a stud. It sucks that Wenger hasn't put him out there every week yet.

Hull tied with West Brom and remain in the dreaded relegation zone. Injuries have been a nightmare.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2016, 10:13 AM
Coutinio out for at least 6 weeks. Not as bad as first feared but that's still a long time to be without someone if his caliber.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2016, 10:27 AM
A name to remember: Ben Woodburn. He became Liverpool's youngest ever goal scorer against Leeds yesterday in the League Cup. Liverpool have been trying to keep him under wraps but I don't think that's going to last much longer. He is 17 and this is his second year in the under 23 set up. He is training with the big club at Mellwood now. With the current injury crisis he may get a few more 1st team appearances during the festive rush. It's good to see some Acadamy products breaking into the first team again (Woodburn isn't the only one). The only real ones since Gerrard and Owen were Jay Spearing, who didn't last long before being sold, and Jon Flannigan, who has been hurt for two years.

DudyDawg
12-04-2016, 12:07 AM
El Classico was today. I questioned Zidane's subs, and EL CAPITANNNNNN equalized in the 90th at the camp nou against the ****s; 33 games unbeaten, 6 points clear in Spain. We've been killed by injuries and still had a hell of a year. I hope you guys watched the football game that is better than the super bowl.

Liverpooldawg
12-04-2016, 01:27 AM
El Classico was today. I questioned Zidane's subs, and EL CAPITANNNNNN equalized in the 90th at the camp nou against the ****s; 33 games unbeaten, 6 points clear in Spain. We've been killed by injuries and still had a hell of a year. I hope you guys watched the football game that is better than the super bowl.

YAWN....It ain't ENGLAND! LOL........sort of. I have more interest in Altrincham. That's me though. I'm a confirmed Anglophile, and not just in football.

Liverpooldawg
12-04-2016, 01:22 PM
Disaster on the South Coast: Bournemouth 4 Liverpool 3.

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-05-2016, 08:59 PM
Also, anyone else paying attention to what's going on in Germany? RB Leipzig is leading the league and the likes of Bayern and Dortmund after being promoted last year. Makes Leicester's season last year look normal! Would be amazing if they won the title just out of pure insanity factor. Very wild past couple of years indeed

I somewhat pay attention to the Bundesliga since FS1 airs some of their games. If I recall, RB Leipzig is cheating the hell out of the German system, which requires community ownership of the team. Most Germans that aren't Leipzig fans despise them for not running the club "the German way." There's also some old East vs West German sentiment mixed in there too, with them being one of two Bundesliga teams from what was East Germany.

It would be nice for there to be some more threats to Bayern's supremacy in that league, so I welcome their arrival.

ETA: here's an article that explains it much better than me:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/08/why-rb-leipzig-has-become-the-most-hated-club-in-german-football?client=safari

War Machine Dawg
12-07-2016, 10:52 AM
Hell of a week for Arsenal. The Gunners thrashed West Ham 5-1 at London Stadium. Alexis went HAM (pun intended) with a hat trick and 1 assist. Mesut Ozil added his 8th goal of the campaign. The 3 points collected sees the Gunners move into sole possession of 2nd place in the EPL.

In UCL action, Arsenal rolled Basel 4-1 in Basel. New boy Lucas Perez got a hat trick and Alex Iwobi added the other score. With Ludogorets stunning PSG for a draw, Arsenal topped Group A and should theoretically get an easier draw in the round of 16. Stand up for the Arsenal!!!

Liverpooldawg
12-20-2016, 10:57 AM
0-1 over the Bluenoses! Always good to win The Derby.

WeWonItAll(Most)
01-04-2017, 06:26 PM
Man, this thread's dying..

I've always liked the 3 defender, Italian style of soccer. So Chelsea has been a lot of fun to watch this season. That being said, I'm happy that Tottenham slowed their roll today. I want a close race at the end for the title.

Conversely, for a team who's only aim is to get 40 points a season and grind out 1-0 wins or 0-0 draws, and play the most unattractive soccer on Earth, West Brom is putting together a hell of a season. I admittedly haven't seen them play one time this season.

WeWonItAll(Most)
01-04-2017, 07:16 PM
Can one of you Liverpool fans talk to me about Rafa Benitez and his tendencies/personnel management for a moment?

Newcastle was destroying the Championship until about a month ago. We won like 13 games in a row and it was looking to be a cake walk of a season. We have a massive squad of quality Championship players, and while we were winning, he was rotating the squad to the point that I thought he wasn't letting players playing well keep their form (and I'm a big advocate of squad rotation).

Now we've hit a rough patch, lost to some horrible teams, and he refuses to rotate anyone. Even when we had 3 games in an 11 day stretch.

So basically he went from almost literally playing two different starting 11s from game to game during our hot streak, to maybe making 2 changes during our cold streak. It seems counter intuitive and is frustrating.

On top of this, our only center mid with good vision and ability to really open up the defense received a 5 game ban for supposedly calling an opposing player a "dirty Arab" (its retarded he received a more severe suspension than Augero, who tried to break a man in half). The player he's replaced him with is perhaps our worst center mid, and basically has no attacking value. And he's being paired with another defensive mid fielder, who complements Shelvey (suspended guy) very well. But with this new guy we literally have zero attacking threat through the middle. And since Rafa has abandoned rotating players, it's been the same thing over and over. It's very Mullen-esque and is really beginning to piss me off.

Basically, did he do crap like this at Liverpool? Up to this point, I've basically refused to read up on any negatives about him at previous jobs because regardless of those negatives, he is light years ahead of any manager we've had in the past decade. But I'm getting frustrated with his personnel decisions and nervous about making it back to the Premiership next season.

War Machine Dawg
01-05-2017, 02:59 PM
Arsenal gonna Arsenal. We're 8 points behind the league leading Blues, but outside the top 4. It's time to put Wenger out to pasture if he can't challenge for the title with this group of players. While I believe he made some fair points with his comments about the holiday schedules this week, it's also another sign that he's become mentally weak and breeding it into the teams. It's also ironic and funny that Mourinho agreed with him about the fixtures. If Arsenal miss the Champions League, I think you have to pull the plug with no hesitation.

Hull City fired Mike Phelan and replaced him with Marco Silva because the Allams are horrific owners with no f'n clue. Hull sits just 3 points from safety. There was no reason to make this move right now. But Steve Bruce, bless him, left just 3 weeks before the season he said what many Hull fans have known for a long time: The Allams are a cancer to the club. No one in their right mind will touch the job until they leave. I keep waiting for them to sell, but they always seem to find some reason to crawfish on a deal with potential buyers.

DudyDawg
01-07-2017, 12:44 PM
Can one of you Liverpool fans talk to me about Rafa Benitez and his tendencies/personnel management for a moment?

Newcastle was destroying the Championship until about a month ago. We won like 13 games in a row and it was looking to be a cake walk of a season. We have a massive squad of quality Championship players, and while we were winning, he was rotating the squad to the point that I thought he wasn't letting players playing well keep their form (and I'm a big advocate of squad rotation).

Now we've hit a rough patch, lost to some horrible teams, and he refuses to rotate anyone. Even when we had 3 games in an 11 day stretch.

So basically he went from almost literally playing two different starting 11s from game to game during our hot streak, to maybe making 2 changes during our cold streak. It seems counter intuitive and is frustrating.

On top of this, our only center mid with good vision and ability to really open up the defense received a 5 game ban for supposedly calling an opposing player a "dirty Arab" (its retarded he received a more severe suspension than Augero, who tried to break a man in half). The player he's replaced him with is perhaps our worst center mid, and basically has no attacking value. And he's being paired with another defensive mid fielder, who complements Shelvey (suspended guy) very well. But with this new guy we literally have zero attacking threat through the middle. And since Rafa has abandoned rotating players, it's been the same thing over and over. It's very Mullen-esque and is really beginning to piss me off.

Basically, did he do crap like this at Liverpool? Up to this point, I've basically refused to read up on any negatives about him at previous jobs because regardless of those negatives, he is light years ahead of any manager we've had in the past decade. But I'm getting frustrated with his personnel decisions and nervous about making it back to the Premiership next season.

He did some similar things at Madrid. We would be in a rut and nothing would change. He was a very frustrating manager.

WeWonItAll(Most)
01-13-2017, 05:36 PM
He did some similar things at Madrid. We would be in a rut and nothing would change. He was a very frustrating manager.

That's exactly how it is right now for us. It just goes against what's logical in my mind..which would be to rotate less when you're playing well and rotate more when you're in a slump.

DudyDawg
01-19-2017, 02:32 AM
That's exactly how it is right now for us. It just goes against what's logical in my mind..which would be to rotate less when you're playing well and rotate more when you're in a slump.
Yeah that doesn't surprise me. But I think he's a good manager. Just sometimes feel like he thinks he's smarter than he is or needs to be.

WeWonItAll(Most)
01-26-2017, 07:44 PM
Anyone in here play FIFA 17? I started a season with Newcastle on world class, and I'm reaching the point of fury trying to figure out crossing in this game. When I'm pushing down the wing to cross it in, one of two things happens every time: my players running into the box will suddenly stop on the edge, or they will not attack the ball if they do actually continue their run unless it's literally right at them.

If anyone has advice, please share. I've tweaked player instruction and team tactics to try to fix it. But the only way I can cross with any sort of success at the moment is basically thru slowly building up, passing it out to the wing and trying to create enough space to get one in (I suck at this on world class).

Trying to find any helpful FIFA advice through a google search is futile due to the sheer amount of crap that's out there.

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2017, 12:23 PM
I knew we were gonna miss Mane but dang, I didn't think it would be quite this bad. We are fading fast and it looks like Chelski might run away with the title. Liverpool's goal has to be to stay in the Top Four now.

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2017, 12:24 PM
THIS is the FA Cup.

http://www.espnfc.com/english-fa-cup/40/blog/post/3047175/the-fa-cup-gives-you-more-to-survive-what-it-means-to-accrington-stanley

War Machine Dawg
02-04-2017, 09:37 AM
#WengerOut It's time. But do Arsenal have the balls to do it? I think not.

Can someone explain to me why a player's yellow & red cards follow them from league to league? Seems to me they should be wiped out when you switch leagues. I know this is a total noob question, but asking is the only way to find out.

Liverpooldawg
02-11-2017, 05:49 PM
Big win for Liverpool over Spurs today to halt the slide. It looks like Chelski is going to win the title going away but the race for the rest of the top four is going to be something. There are 5 teams in it at the moment. Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, City, and United.

TheRef
02-12-2017, 10:11 AM
I don't know what is wrong with the Foxes, but we have hit a complete wall. Players are disgruntled, Ranieri is losing fan support, and some of the newer fans have started booing in the stadium. It's been a sad state of affairs, actually.

BrunswickDawg
02-14-2017, 09:54 AM
I don't know what is wrong with the Foxes, but we have hit a complete wall. Players are disgruntled, Ranieri is losing fan support, and some of the newer fans have started booing in the stadium. It's been a sad state of affairs, actually.

Unfortunately, I think the Foxes are a team that somehow captured lightening in a bottle in an inexplicable way and it isn't sustainable. It is just impossible to comprehend going from a Third Tier squad to a Premier Championship in 8 seasons - especially when they were fighting off relegation from the Premier just a year before winning it all. I think you will see Bournemouth face a similar challenge this year or next.

DudyDawg
02-14-2017, 10:42 PM

I think I mentioned it last year, but a ton of it has to do with the amount of competition. Last year Leicester was out of the FA Cup (and I believe the league cup) early. They are still in the FA cup and also the champions league. Having one game a week is a lot different than having 3 every week. They just don't have the depth. Also, teams adjusted. No longer do they press high and allow balls over the top to Vardy. Other than Marhez, they don't have the quality to break down teams who sit deep and don't allow Leicester to beat them with the counter. They beat City earlier in the year when they did press, but it seems everyone else is sitting back and inviting them forward and they can't break people down. Oh yeah, and they lost their most important player in Ngolo Kante.

Liverpooldawg
02-23-2017, 05:43 PM
Ranieri sacked by Leicester City. WOW. Catching lightning in a bottle last year counts for nothing this year I guess. You really can't blame Leicester though. They are squarely in the relegation battle.

War Machine Dawg
02-24-2017, 02:39 PM
Ranieri sacked by Leicester City. WOW. Catching lightning in a bottle last year counts for nothing this year I guess. You really can't blame Leicester though. They are squarely in the relegation battle.

I'm not a Leicester fan, but I've got really mixed emotions about the firing. Part of me thinks Ranieri should have been given the full season based on what he did over the last 18 months there. He saved them from relegation two seasons ago then won the title last year. They're fighting against relegation now, but that isn't entirely Ranieri's fault. Ownership sold N'Golo Kante to Chelsea, and he's arguably a Top 5 player in the world. Losing someone like that disproportionately hurts a small club like Leicester. That said, they were damned if the kept Kante against his will.

At the same time, I admire the balls to make the move. Sacking the guy who basically did the impossible over 18 months is ruthless, but if you don't think he will get the job done, why keep him? From that aspect, I like Leicester having the guts to take the heat and make a hard call. As an Arsenal fan, I envy ownership that has balls to make a hard decision for better or worse. Our ownership will just keep letting Wenger make the decision for them when they should be making the tough call. But that's a totally different discussion.

DudyDawg
02-26-2017, 10:35 AM
Ownership sold N'Golo Kante to Chelsea, and he's arguably a Top 5 player in the world.

Lol, no. Not even close. You could probably make a decent arguement he's not even top 5 in London. Good player, in a very important role in his team and system, but not even close to top 5 in the world.

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-10-2017, 08:09 PM
Newcastle won the Championship on Saturday, and today the club announced Rafa is staying on for next season. Not sure if he was actually a threat to leave or if he was just using his leverage to make sure our owner gave him the money to sign transfers that'll make us competitive in the PL next season.

It was fun being the big dog this season, but I'm thrilled to be back in the PL. My biggest takeaway from the Championship: the refs are absolutely appalling. I will never complain about Premier League refs again after the horrors of Championship refereeing

BrunswickDawg
05-11-2017, 07:50 AM
Newcastle won the Championship on Saturday, and today the club announced Rafa is staying on for next season. Not sure if he was actually a threat to leave or if he was just using his leverage to make sure our owner gave him the money to sign transfers that'll make us competitive in the PL next season.

It was fun being the big dog this season, but I'm thrilled to be back in the PL. My biggest takeaway from the Championship: the refs are absolutely appalling. I will never complain about Premier League refs again after the horrors of Championship refereeing

Thanks for bumping a good thread that seemed to have run out of steam. Guess with The Ref having nothing to root for with the fall of the Foxes, there was no one to make sure the discussion kept going....

Anyway - I work with a Newcastle native, and he is ecstatic. Rafa was a godsend for them.

Liverpooldawg
05-11-2017, 08:16 AM
I'm still following as usual. It seems few others here were, or cared enough to post. Liverpool are limping home. We aren't the same team without Mane. Him being gone to the AC of N cost us any real shot at the title. His injury is putting the top 4 in jeopardy. A win last weekend would have nearly cemented it but it didn't happen. Thanks to Arsenal beating the Mancs we still have our fate in our hands but it's on a razor's edge. We need all six points from away to West Ham and at home to relegated Boro to be sure. Hopefully the Gooners and the Mancs will keep dropping points to make it easier. I had hoped Spurs might catch Chelski but I don't think it will happen.

Back to Liverpool, what happened to the results with Mane's and other's absences points out just how little depth we have. We still need major investment WITHOUT losing the people that play that we have. Unless you catch lightning in a bottle with injuries and other absences quality in depth iswhat wins titles. We just don't have it. Rumor is there will be major money spent this summer. We will see.

The other rumor making the rounds is that we may be about to pull the trigger on the second phase of the expansion of Anfield. That phase was always listed as "at a later date" and was assumed to be a few years out. Evidently the game day revenue from the Main Stand expansion has been a good bit more than expected. The word is if we make the Champion's League it's going to be announced this summer and started very soon afterward. By some accounts it will happen whatever happens with the Champion's League. FSG have planning commison approval to expand the Anfield Road End but it expires if it's not started by the end of 2018. If it isn't underway by then they have to go back through the planning approval process again. In England that's expensive, time consuming, and never a sure thing. Hopefully it will happen and we will see a 60+k Anfield in 2-3 years.

DudyDawg
05-11-2017, 09:26 AM
ive been watching as always but the thread seemed to taper off so I stopped posting. The only real drama left is relegation, who finished fourth, and whether or not Wenger will go.

As far as in Spain, Real need 7 points from their last six to win the league and have knocked atleti out of the champions league for the fourth straight year en route to our third final in 4 years. Will be a hell of a battle with Juve.

War Machine Dawg
05-12-2017, 08:05 AM
I've been following, just haven't had a ton of time to post. I keep hoping Wenger will go, but I know he's staying. Kinda sucks the life out of you as a fan. Last week was a disaster for Hull. Just when I thought we might make the Great Escape, we crash and burn badly against Sunderland to go back into the relegation zone. We can still stay up, but it's going to be a hell of a lot harder and we'll need help from Swansea.

TheRef
05-12-2017, 10:45 AM
Leicester is relinquishing the title of your Fox Overlords. However, after promoting Shakey to the interim manager, the Foxes have dramatically improved in all matches. The reason: we went back to what made us great. There is concern of us losing some players in the offseason, particularly Musa.

TheRef
05-12-2017, 09:29 PM
Your 2016/2017 Premier League Champions are the Chelsea Football Club

Liverpooldawg
05-12-2017, 09:37 PM
Your 2016/2017 Premier League Champions are the Chelsea Football Club

It's CHELSKI. Chelsea have won ONE English title. Don't get down about Leicester. That was the best sports story of my lifetime. It was even better than when Blackburn won it. Blackburn had Alan Scherer after all.

War Machine Dawg
05-14-2017, 10:56 PM
Hull officially relegated. I f'n hate the Allams. They're a cancer and can't sell fast enough. #AllamsOut

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-16-2017, 06:29 PM
Thanks for bumping a good thread that seemed to have run out of steam. Guess with The Ref having nothing to root for with the fall of the Foxes, there was no one to make sure the discussion kept going....

Anyway - I work with a Newcastle native, and he is ecstatic. Rafa was a godsend for them.
Yea, I wish there was more general matchday posting. Like the matchday threads on the Tigerdroppings soccer board, rather than just the kind of the weekly reporting we do. I don't know if we have enough people that visit the thread to keep something like that going though.

About Newcastle, Rafa's been great and almost more importantly, Mike Ashley (owner) Is backing him financially rather than being the detrimentally cheap Mike Ashley of old. Hopefully we can hold onto Rafa for at least a few more seasons and become a stable club again. Newcastle hasn't been stable in a longggggg time. I'm also excited to see if Rafa can pull some players in the transfer window that otherwise wouldn't have any interest in coming to Newcastle.

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-16-2017, 06:33 PM
Hull officially relegated. I f'n hate the Allams. They're a cancer and can't sell fast enough. #AllamsOut

I was really hoping it would be Swansea instead of y'all so we could make a run at Gylfi Sigurdsson in the summer window. It's pretty pathetic what you guy's ownership is doing and has done to the club

Liverpooldawg
05-17-2017, 09:32 AM
Not much drama for the final day overall. For us though it's huge. It's pretty simple if we win. We will be at least in the UCL qualifying round. If by some miracle City should slip up and lose we would be in the UCL proper outright. If we lose then we have to hope Arsenal loses. If we lose and they draw it comes down to tiebreakers and they are all really close. There is even a scenario where there would have to be a playoff game to decide 4th. If we draw then we finish 4th if Arsenal does anything but win, then we are 5th and out of the UCL. We have relegated Boro at home. Arsenal has Everton at home. I don't like to root for the Toffees but I will make an exception THIS week. City are at Watford.

Liverpooldawg
05-21-2017, 01:02 PM
Big, big win for Liverpool this morning. If the rumors are true, and some of them are coming from extremely reliable sources, that win and getting into the UCL qualifying round will trigger a HUGE spending spree this summer. It may also trigger the 2nd phase of the Anfield expansion. Hope all this is true! We will see. On to the silly season!