PDA

View Full Version : Question for Starkville folks

Lumpy Chucklelips
08-07-2016, 11:05 PM
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OVER THERE?? First we lose the best player to come out of Starkville in 20 years to OM. Then we have another top rated guy commit to them this year. Then we hear the reasons are because the coaching staff has been infiltrated by OM lovers.

Tonight I see a clip of the Starkville Little League team playing in Texas in the tourney and WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY WEARING but powder blue uni's with red batting helmets! Did Bianco loan them OM uni's to wear? Or sponsor the team?

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Can you imagine a Little League team from Oxford wearing maroon and white? I didn't think so. Y'all need to get your $h!t together. And yes, I'm only half kidding, but I think it's stupid as hell to send your hometown team to another state where they know you as Mississippi and not Starkville and you're wearing red and blue!

What if they make it to the World Series? Team Mississippi will be wearing red and blue. And they're from Starkville. I will be pissed then.

Bothrops
08-08-2016, 12:47 AM
Over the years, I've run into several Starkville people (mostly older) that have no cares about MSU sports. It's like they either have no allegiance to their home team, or they're a fan of another school. That is so weird to me. Not to mention lame.

EngDawg
08-08-2016, 01:01 AM
It has been recognized for many years that certain elements within the population of Starkville resent the Uninversity. The sane members of this clique recognize that the town only exists because of MSU, while some delusional idiots legitimately feel Starkville would be better off with out the institution.

Reason2succeed
08-08-2016, 03:56 AM
It has been recognized for many years that certain elements within the population of Starkville resent the Uninversity. The sane members of this clique recognize that the town only exists because of MSU, while some delusional idiots legitimately feel Starkville would be better off with out the institution.

Wow! Starkville better without the university? That's insane.

I was actually in Waco the other day so I went to see them play New Mexico. I literally thought the same thing. New Mexico was wearing yellow and black so I was confused for the first few minutes because I figured there was no way in Hades that Starkville's team was wearing OM colors and it was more likely they chose yellow and black like the Starkville HS (I think that's their colors). To my utter surprise I was totally wrong.

Bully13
08-08-2016, 07:17 AM
It's time for this shit to end NOW. this is beYOND embarrassing.

Homedawg
08-08-2016, 07:25 AM
The head coach of the little league team is a huge state guy. The colors never crossed my mind until you mentioned it. Doubt he thought about it either. It's not a big deal.

Bully13
08-08-2016, 07:39 AM
The head coach of the little league team is a huge state guy. The colors never crossed my mind until you mentioned it. Doubt he thought about it either. It's not a big deal.

Well then 17 the head coach then. Powder 17ing blue?! I question this coach's loyalty. And on another sad note, why the 17 did this go unnoticed until we reached the national stage?

THE Bruce Dickinson
08-08-2016, 08:09 AM
You guys are retarded. It's little league baseball. Like Homedawg said, I really had not even noticed it until you brought it up.

With that being said I am proposing a ban on all baby blue clothing at the next alderman meeting. *

Jarius
08-08-2016, 08:35 AM
I agree with the shs portion of your post, but the little league bashing is over the top. They are 12 years old dude. Jesus. Who gives a damn what color 12 year old little league players wear? The WR coach at state's son is on the team. He gave the team a shoutout at his
Press conference last week.

Homedawg
08-08-2016, 08:37 AM
Well then 17 the head coach then. Powder 17ing blue?! I question this coach's loyalty. And on another sad note, why the 17 did this go unnoticed until we reached the national stage?

You question his loyalty? Based on a uniform? Wow. Your prerogative I suppose. And I'm pretty certain he doesn't give a crap what you or anyone else on this message board thinks about his little league uniforms.

mic
08-08-2016, 08:43 AM
I give 2 ****s about what a little league team from Starkville wears..
However I give many ****s to what certain coaches involved with the Yellowjacket football program and athletic dept are doing

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-08-2016, 09:08 AM
It is ridiculous...I walked into Lowes in Starkville the other night and what is the first thing I see? Ole Miss lawn flags on display!!....What the 17 is going on?

dawgwhisperer
08-08-2016, 02:32 PM

He's an Expo's fan and wanted to bring them back?**

jumbo
08-08-2016, 02:45 PM
Let me preface this by saying I pay as little attention the LLWS as possible, but aren't they supplied the uniforms they wear in the tourney?

ShotgunDawg
08-08-2016, 02:55 PM
Let me preface this by saying I pay as little attention the LLWS as possible, but aren't they supplied the uniforms they wear in the tourney?

Depends on if they were known as Starkville or representing MS. If representing MS, then the uniforms are typically the colors of the state flag.

MSUDawg99
08-08-2016, 03:46 PM
When UMiss wore their powder blue uni's in Stark this year I remember making fun of them thinking they looked like t-ball uni's & welp...now it appears that I wasn't completely off base.

fader2103
08-08-2016, 03:52 PM
I was in Starkville last weekend and you know what I saw? Red Stop signs with white writing. Can you believe what that town is coming to. UM is taking over! (Does this required **?)

scottycameron
08-08-2016, 04:18 PM
I was in Starkville last weekend and you know what I saw? Red Stop signs with white writing. Can you believe what that town is coming to. UM is taking over! (Does this required **?)

The stop signs should be maroon and white now that i think about it. Speed limit is 18 in oxfart, correct?
Savannah TN has orange and white fire hydrants or at least they used to.

gravedigger
08-08-2016, 06:48 PM
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OVER THERE?? First we lose the best player to come out of Starkville in 20 years to OM. Then we have another top rated guy commit to them this year. Then we hear the reasons are because the coaching staff has been infiltrated by OM lovers.

Tonight I see a clip of the Starkville Little League team playing in Texas in the tourney and WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY WEARING but powder blue uni's with red batting helmets! Did Bianco loan them OM uni's to wear? Or sponsor the team?

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Can you imagine a Little League team from Oxford wearing maroon and white? I didn't think so. Y'all need to get your $h!t together. And yes, I'm only half kidding, but I think it's stupid as hell to send your hometown team to another state where they know you as Mississippi and not Starkville and you're wearing red and blue!

What if they make it to the World Series? Team Mississippi will be wearing red and blue. And they're from Starkville. I will be pissed then.

Im going to file this in the "youve never coached an allstar team before" category.

Good coaches get with kids and parents and decide on a uniform usually for allstars.

Outside of that, their last thought, if it ever becomes one is "what do the adolescents on a message board think our uniforms should look like?"

Get a life. That is all.

msujan
08-08-2016, 06:58 PM
The USA is red, white, and blue. They're kids, and there are so many color combinations in the LL unis that it doesn't matter.