PDA

View Full Version : tsun crootin' on the "go-forward"...

Tripp McNeely
08-06-2016, 01:04 PM
Thank you NCAA http://247sports.com/player/javien-hamilton-60148

BossDawg
08-06-2016, 01:16 PM
I wonder how much other SEC coaches are using the investigation against UM to recruit. I know someone on the board has to have a story of what Mullen and other coaches have been saying to 'croots considering UM.

RBritt
08-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Hamilton is a former teammate of Jonas Spivey at Bay Springs. He's also Donte Moncrief's cousin. Could Moncrief pay his tuition and save the scholarship?

ShotgunDawg
08-06-2016, 03:46 PM
Hamilton is a former teammate of Jonas Spivey at Bay Springs. He's also Donte Moncrief's cousin. Could Moncrief pay his tuition and save the scholarship?

Not legal unless the kid goes unrecruited by Ole Miss. That means no visits, no coaches visits, etc... You can't count a recruited player as a walk-on

spiritual_machine2005
08-06-2016, 04:28 PM
Wait wait wait. So the day after they try to greyshirt a 4* high school rb they were going to try to convert to cb that was committed to them for over 2 years and already enrolled, forcing him to transfer to a juco, they take a commitment from a joco cb with no D1 offers other than UM and USM? Wow.

Goldendawg
08-06-2016, 05:04 PM
I don't think this guy is rated yet, but the Network will not quit on recruiting. Unless the hammer falls before Feb, 2017, or more damaging facts leak out they will still have a top 20 class. How in the world would any high 3 star or 4 star want to commit to them this year is beyond me. NCAA investigation last few years under Jackie sure hurt us more than it seems to be hurting them. Of course they are not top 5 or 10 and won't be but on the way to a solid class at this point.

RC3
08-06-2016, 05:07 PM
Wait we are making fun of ole miss here for taking a commitment from a kid not yet rated? Dumb

blacklistedbully
08-06-2016, 05:13 PM
Wait we are making fun of ole miss here for taking a commitment from a kid not yet rated? Dumb

i suspect it's more about how that's not their way, so indicative of how things may have changed for them. They'd much rather be free to buy a 5-star someplace.

Todd4State
08-06-2016, 05:13 PM
Not legal unless the kid goes unrecruited by Ole Miss. That means no visits, no coaches visits, etc... You can't count a recruited player as a walk-on

They could pull his scholarship his senior year though. That's what they did in the 90's.

Goldendawg
08-06-2016, 05:20 PM
Just checked 24/7. I was wrong. He is a 3 star, but their lowest ranked of the 14 commits, .82 something. They moved up to #23 however. We are # 15 with FL and NC soon to pass us. Rankings and stars don't take in acct heart, background, good coaching, development, program fit etc. How to you rank one player a .88... and another is a .89.. or something? Sure beats me. I still hope NCAA hammer comes down b4 Feb, 2017.

EAVdog
08-06-2016, 08:27 PM
Freeze going Diamond Huntin' trying to be like Mullen. But in not going to make fun of the kid at all. He may end up being the next Taveze Calhoun. Good for the kid, hope they don't yank his scholly in July of 17 though.

Leroy Jenkins
08-06-2016, 08:38 PM
When the scholly reductions start it will be interesting to see which players get the ax and who knows too much to be let go.

Tripp McNeely
08-06-2016, 09:22 PM

How is it dumb? Any of those other offers do anything for ya?

Tripp McNeely
08-06-2016, 09:28 PM
How about this guy? Can I make fun of him RC3...yeah no, it's not dumb at all!

http://247sports.com/player/tim-bonner-64797

Ifyouonlyknew
08-06-2016, 09:32 PM

He's rated a 83 by 247 sports.

Jack Lambert
08-06-2016, 09:41 PM

Before the ncaa came to town you would have never seen ole miss recruited this guy. Only thing I can see is they are using him to get someone else.

Tripp McNeely
08-06-2016, 10:04 PM
He's rated a 83 by 247 sports.

Which would make him our lowest rated recruit...am I doing the math right?

HSVDawg
08-06-2016, 10:06 PM
How the hell is he a composite 5 star but only a 3 star on 24/7? Is he a can't miss prospect or some leftovers?

Ifyouonlyknew
08-06-2016, 10:14 PM
How the hell is he a composite 5 star but only a 3 star on 24/7? Is he a can't miss prospect or some leftovers?

Who are you referring to?

HancockCountyDog
08-06-2016, 10:38 PM

A walk on can be recruited. We recruit preferred walk ons all the time.

A walk on that is put on scholarship cannot be recruited but that is a way to get around the 25 limit, but they have to redshirt.

Here is a great link that provides the difference.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2016/1/28/10842688/ncaa-football-grayshirt-blueshirt-redshirt-rules

HSVDawg
08-07-2016, 06:07 AM
Who are you referring to?

Javian Hamilton. After further review, I misunderstood his ranking. I just saw 5 stars under his composite ranking, assuming that was his rank. But I had a brain fart and didn't realize they actually fill in the stars with gold stars to show the actual rank. So right now his composite ranking is a "zero star" since he hasn't been fully evaluated. Probably would have been more obvious if he had been evaluated. Plus, I had a few beers last night.

RC3
08-07-2016, 10:51 AM
How is it dumb? Any of those other offers do anything for ya?

We've been recruiting kids like this for years. Do you know anything about him?

ShotgunDawg
08-07-2016, 10:57 AM

It's because we've had success recruiting guys like this in the past that we can say that, because Mullen didn't go after him, he probably isn't very good.

Our weakness is recruiting out of state 4 stars or better and in state elite offensive linemen. Our strength is digging up raw, 4 star talented players within the states of Mississippi,Louisiana, and Alabama. We may lose recruiting battles, but the last thing I would ever guess Mullen would do is not a recruit an under the radar talent with impact talent.

Thus, while not certain, my guess is that this guy isn't very good.

Tripp McNeely
08-07-2016, 11:05 AM

Nope, don't need to. When's the last low-rated/no BCS offers-type that Feeze developed into, even a mediocre player? ...and...go

We do it ALL THE TIME!! If you haven't been paying attention over the past 7 years, the overarching theme of our current, best coach in school history, is that he really does develop these types of players into NFL caliber players...there are COUNTLESS examples. One of the main reasons, along his abilities to "coach up" kids is his amazing ability to see talent where scouting services don't...Freeze has not shown any of these abilities! On the contrary, lots of highly rated players go into his program and digress or wash out, which indicates a lack of ability or laziness in actually scouting these players coupled with a severe incompetence in developing players for the next level.

The obvious conclusion/inference (choose whatever semantics you want to) is that once the NCAA cloud forces him to only recruit this type player, his inabilities to scout/evaluate and develop players will become very glaring and reflect itself on the field...should I go on?

BossDawg
08-07-2016, 12:25 PM
Nope, don't need to. When's the last low-rated/no BCS offers-type that Feeze developed into, even a mediocre player? ...and...go

We do it ALL THE TIME!! If you haven't been paying attention over the past 7 years, the overarching theme of our current, best coach in school history, is that he really does develop these types of players into NFL caliber players...there are COUNTLESS examples.

Was talking about this exact subject the other day. It's strange - Freeze gets all of these elite players but they don't seem to improve at all. That or they completely tank. I guarantee CJ Johnson would still be on an NFL roster had he decided to actually stick to his word. On the other hand, Mullen can take a guy nobody has ever heard of and have him on the NFL radar before long.

RC3
08-07-2016, 12:29 PM
I'm just saying. Ole miss has been pointing and laughing at us for taking kids like this for years. We usually end up proving them and the scout/rivals guys wrong. I'm not going to stoop to the level of their fanbase and make fun of them for taking a shot on a kid that has not been fully evaluated. Hypocritical

Ifyouonlyknew
08-07-2016, 12:44 PM
I'm just saying. Ole miss has been pointing and laughing at us for taking kids like this for years. We usually end up proving them and the scout/rivals guys wrong. I'm not going to stoop to the level of their fanbase and make fun of them for taking a shot on a kid that has not been fully evaluated. Hypocritical

I think that's the point. OM has been touting how great a recruiter Freeze & company is & how they recruit on a totally diff level than MSU. Well if you look at this class it looks very similar to the type of classes they've made fun of us for signing. That's the hypocritical part. Them trying to justify taking all these "diamonds" when they're whole mantra has been they recruit elite talent like the LSU's & Bama's of the world.

RC3
08-07-2016, 01:02 PM
I think that's the point. OM has been touting how great a recruiter Freeze & company is & how they recruit on a totally diff level than MSU. Well if you look at this class it looks very similar to the type of classes they've made fun of us for signing. That's the hypocritical part. Them trying to justify taking all these "diamonds" when they're whole mantra has been they recruit elite talent like the LSU's & Bama's of the world.
I've mainly seen them complaining about their current class

Ifyouonlyknew
08-07-2016, 01:06 PM
I've mainly seen them complaining about their current class

Some have but their recruiting guys & a lot of their fans are still pumping up these "under the radar" guys. It's just funny to see.