PDA

View Full Version : Justin Conner to transfer from the Bears

MadDawg
08-05-2016, 03:31 PM
https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi/report-ole-miss-freshman-justin-connor-to-transfer

sorry, another seccountry article....

Justin, not Tony

admin please edit or delete this

jumbo
08-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Justin, not Tony.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-05-2016, 03:34 PM
https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi/report-ole-miss-freshman-justin-connor-to-transfer

sorry, another seccountry article....

better check that first name....ugh..you had my damn hopes up!

whosyourdawgy
08-05-2016, 03:36 PM
Smh. Best to just delete this thread.

MadDawg
08-05-2016, 03:37 PM
Yeah, you can't edit the title so some admin please delete. I screwed the pooch on this one.

STATEBALLIN
08-05-2016, 03:44 PM
Yeah, you can't edit the title so some admin please delete. I screwed the pooch on this one.

Nah it's great click bait!

Westdawg
08-05-2016, 03:50 PM
One thing about that article - it says that Justj had already enrolled at OM, but was going to gray shirt his first year there. That's not permissible per NCAA rules. If player is recruited and signed NLOI, and enroll at sad university, then he must be given the scholarship....and his playing clock immediately begins.
One of two things happened here 1- he wasn't gonna pass the NCAA Clearinghouse, so they sent him to Scooba, or...
2- he saw the writing on the wall with NCAA drama and said "I'm out!!"

Jack Lambert
08-05-2016, 03:59 PM
One thing about that article - it says that Justj had already enrolled at OM, but was going to gray shirt his first year there. That's not permissible per NCAA rules. If player is recruited and signed NLOI, and enroll at sad university, then he must be given the scholarship....and his playing clock immediately begins.
One of two things happened here 1- he wasn't gonna pass the NCAA Clearinghouse, so they sent him to Scooba, or...

Number three: he keeps waking up with morning wood and scared Freeze might eat it.

Gutter Cobreh
08-05-2016, 04:03 PM

Typo that actually makes sense.... nicely done!

Jack Lambert
08-05-2016, 04:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpj73xhGvmM

Homedawg
08-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Not correct. He can be enrolled, and still grey shirt, as long as he's not taking a full load, 12hr+. Therefore his clock has never started because they haven't even started classes and he assuredly didn't take 12+ hours in a summer semester.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-05-2016, 05:04 PM
I posted a thread about the rumor of him greyshirting the other day and it's crazy how fast it's changed to him leaving Oxford. Committed for over 3 years and now leaving..something stinks.

Bodaski
08-05-2016, 06:21 PM
Not correct. He can be enrolled, and still grey shirt, as long as he's not taking a full load, 12hr+. Therefore his clock has never started because they haven't even started classes and he assuredly didn't take 12+ hours in a summer semester.

I don't think you can enroll until classes start if you greyshirt.

mic
08-05-2016, 08:15 PM
So a kid from Mississippi (I their back yard) commits to UMiss when he was a Jr, and they wait to the 23rd hour to tell him he has to grey shirt ..So a kid who qualified out of high school has to go juco route.. Unless there is more to it..
Let's see how the CL and DJ handle this..
They raked CDM and the staff over the coals when we dropped the Liggins kid out of Oxford a few years back.. 2 months before signing day..

missouridawg
08-05-2016, 09:29 PM
So a kid from Mississippi (I their back yard) commits to UMiss when he was a Jr, and they wait to the 23rd hour to tell him he has to grey shirt ..So a kid who qualified out of high school has to go juco route.. Unless there is more to it..
Let's see how the CL and DJ handle this..
They raked CDM and the staff over the coals when we dropped the Liggins kid out of Oxford a few years back.. 2 months before signing day..

It was the QB from TX that we hit roasted for.

mic
08-05-2016, 09:44 PM
It was the QB from TX that we hit roasted for.

We also got roasted for dropping Liggins. And yeah forgot about that Kid...
Both situations not near as bad as what Freeze and Co. Just did..

Homedawg
08-05-2016, 11:01 PM
I don't think you can enroll until classes start if you greyshirt.

You can enroll. That's how you get classes. You can't be a full time student. That starts your clock.