PDA

View Full Version : What if scenario for Freeze

Bucky Dog
08-05-2016, 11:01 AM
Let's just say the Bears get what's coming to them. Bowl ban for a year or two, and multiple scholarships that will definitely hurt them for the next 3-4 years or more. Say 25 plus reductions. Maybe they get rid of one or more or have show causes for assistants, but Freeze himself skates with no show cause or suspension.

Now if you are the administration at OM, and you know this is going to cripple the program basically, do you continue to pay Freeze his $5MM per year during this time and show your support, or do you fire him and get out of that contract with probably little to no payout because he is responsible for the trouble, and hire a young up and comer for half the price to survive the fallout?!

starkvegasdawg
08-05-2016, 11:05 AM
They have been maneuvering since day 1 to protect Freeze at all costs. If he skates with no suspension or showcause then no way they fire him. THey'll want to be able to say he (and the school) had no idea this was all going on and he is just as shocked and saddened as everybody else it has. In light of that, he has taken the necessary steps by firing the assistant coaches that were involved and will make sure they do things the right way from now on.

missouridawg
08-05-2016, 11:06 AM
To me, you have to take into consideration how the NCAA views repeat offenders. If he is suspended and then comes back and more violations are committed.... Then I'd guess the penalty would be a lot harsher. So there is definitely a gamble in keeping him through a suspension.

Mjoelner34
08-05-2016, 11:09 AM
I think it will depend on the media outside the state of Mississippi. After all, we know that they are all about perception. If Freeze gets a pass from the media, he stays. Well, he'll stay until his coaching ability is exposed with a roster full of 3 star talent. If he gets crucified by the media, they'll let him go.

Saltydog
08-05-2016, 11:09 AM
that's a HUGE no, no. Cant' say he didn't know what was going on when he was there but that's just one instance though.

DawgHouseUnited
08-05-2016, 11:10 AM
I'm pretty sure that they're all "all-in" and I feel like it will take the NCAA to pry The Rev out of Oxford. If he skates (just hypothetically- I don't see how he doesn't get hit with something) then OM will act vindicated. The school and the fans have put wayyyy too much effort into deifying the man to dump him without any outside influence. They'll pay off a couple of assistants/fall guys and bleat the "prior administration" and "rogue booster" themes from the rooftops. -Oh, and their "the man is trying to keep us down, that's why this all started- cuz we threatened Bama!"

Bucky Dog
08-05-2016, 11:26 AM
Okay so if he does just get a suspension of a year, do they still support him and make an assistant interim HC, or fire him then. I cannot see any way they would keep the guy if the things play out like I said. It would have to be too much of a risk and financially they cannot commit IMO.

MadDawg
08-05-2016, 11:27 AM
Of course they will keep Freeze if he's mostly cleared after this. He knows how the game is played and allows the Network to do their thing.

Liverpooldawg
08-05-2016, 11:31 AM
The only way they get rid of Freeze is if the NCAA forces them to. Just like they won't quit cheating as long as they still have a football program.

SnoopDawg
08-05-2016, 11:41 AM
Freeze's name is tarnished from here on. No way in hell you can get 25 scholarships taken away, coaches fired or suspended, the Head Coach visiting recruits with boosters and have no punishment to the head coach. Houdini could not get free from this tangled mess.

Op4isabitch
08-05-2016, 11:59 AM
Who was the booster that he visited recruits with and what are the names of the disassociated boosters?

Bodawg
08-05-2016, 12:09 PM
Even though the Beaver is a darling to OM, there's a reason no high profile schools want him as a head coach. Everyone already knows he's a cheater who is leading a corrupt program. When he starts losing without all the paid star power the Dark Side will turn on him and call him the second coming of Jim Jones.

Bucky Dog
08-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Even though the Beaver is a darling to OM, there's a reason no high profile schools want him as a head coach. Everyone already knows he's a cheater who is leading a corrupt program. When he starts losing without all the paid star power the Dark Side will turn on him and call him the second coming of Jim Jones.

This is exactly my point. Why would they keep him and pay him $5MM per year when they know he is ONLY successful because if the Network? They could get rid of him and his huge salary and start gearing up for the next coach and Network strategy. I just can't see OM paying him $20MM for 4 years and having a .500 record

Saltydog
08-05-2016, 12:24 PM
happen, I don't care what the facts bear.

Bodaski
08-05-2016, 12:35 PM
If what I was told is a fact and supposedly the NCAA has the proof and evidence they are presumed to have, then Freeze will be done. I wish I could elaborate more, but I have been asked or told rather to not discuss what it is right now. But, I feel very, very confident in the information, the source and the person that substantiated the info too, sorry. Treat this like of old Bobby McFadden song," don't worry, be happy".

TUSK
08-05-2016, 12:39 PM
Let's just say the Bears get what's coming to them. Bowl ban for a year or two, and multiple scholarships that will definitely hurt them for the next 3-4 years or more. Say 25 plus reductions. Maybe they get rid of one or more or have show causes for assistants, but Freeze himself skates with no show cause or suspension.

Now if you are the administration at OM, and you know this is going to cripple the program basically, do you continue to pay Freeze his $5MM per year during this time and show your support, or do you fire him and get out of that contract with probably little to no payout because he is responsible for the trouble, and hire a young up and comer for half the price to survive the fallout?!

First, if they lose 25+ scholarships, they'll be hurting for closer to 10 years than 3-4.

Secondly, I don't think it's a question of "Will OM sick with Freeze?"; I think the question is "Will Freeze stick with OM?"

If he gets no suspension, doesn't receive a Santa Clause (I renamed it), and can get remotely close to the same salary ANYWHERE, he'll be outta there faster than Tommy Tuberville in a hearse.

Liverpooldawg
08-05-2016, 12:43 PM
First, if they lose 25+ scholarships, they'll be hurting for closer to 10 years than 3-4.

Secondly, I don't think it's a question of "Will OM sick with Freeze?"; I think the question is "Will Freeze stick with OM?"

If he gets no suspension, doesn't receive a Santa Clause (I renamed it), and can get remotely close to the same salary ANYWHERE, he'll be outta there faster than Tommy Tuberville in a hearse.

Freeze is damaged goods. No reputable program would even think of hiring him.

JoseBrown
08-05-2016, 12:49 PM

Unless they would like to know and employ the same Network within their own program***

TUSK
08-05-2016, 01:00 PM

I don't disagree with that, but somebody (maybe a less than reputable program) would take a chance if desperate enough.

And an OM program down 25 schollies in the SECW is waaaaaaaaaaay more damaged than any coach with no show cause, IMO...

Price*, Petrino, Sherrill, Rich Rod*, Muschamp*, etc come to mind... I think Art Briles will eventually get a job somewhere...

* weren't in NCAA trouble, but they failed at big time programs.

Chip
08-05-2016, 01:12 PM
If what I was told is a fact and supposedly the NCAA has the proof and evidence they are presumed to have, then Freeze will be done. I wish I could elaborate more, but I have been asked or told rather to not discuss what it is right now. But, I feel very, very confident in the information, the source and the person that substantiated the info too, sorry. Treat this like of old Bobby McFadden song," don't worry, be happy".

Please, be right

Jack Lambert
08-05-2016, 01:56 PM
When they start losing in both games and specifically in recruiting his ass is toast.

lastmajordog
08-06-2016, 08:19 AM
The majority of OM faithful will NEVER....NEVER admit their school or town is anything less than HALLOWED. It represents WHO THEY ARE.....IT IS THEM. So to admit anything negative is a slap against them personally. That school stands for the reason each one of them is SPECIAL and GREATER than you......If you're waiting on admission of guilt.......it ain't gonna happen.....

Dawgfan77
08-06-2016, 08:43 AM
8 level one's EIGHT!! They can say what they want about suspension but under the new NCAA rules no way he survives this and this is before the other allegations. ULL had to fire coaches and vacated wins for 1 like level one. Also the fact that the information was obtained due to the investigations of OM. How can anyone in there right mind think they are not going to get a show cause

FISHDAWG
08-06-2016, 11:32 AM
that's a HUGE no, no. Cant' say he didn't know what was going on when he was there but that's just one instance though.

could it be like Bobby Collins getting to SMU and things were already out of control ? ... Fairly new AD and a new HC could stop it if they were determined to do it, but here we see active participation on the HC's part

MagicDawg
08-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Back to back Cotton Bowls under Nutt. -- Who know$?
Back to back wins over Bama under Freeze. -- Who know$?
Back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back Level 1 violations. -- Priceless.

It will be glorious to see Hugh cry like Swaggart.