PDA

View Full Version : Hugh Freeze bad-to-mediocre football outweighs hyped upset wins

PassInterference
08-05-2016, 09:18 AM
Ole Miss folks like to trumpet that they've beaten Alabama. Credit Ole Miss for getting up for big games. They play Egg Bowls and Alabama like its the super bowl.

But what else have they done?

During Freeze's tenure at Ole Miss, Freeze is 4-4 against Arkansas and Auburn while Mullen is 7-1.

Freeze lost to Vandy and Memphis. Mullen has no bad losses.

Hugh Freeze has 34 wins at Ole Miss. In that same time, Dan Mullen has...34 wins.

starkvegasdawg
08-05-2016, 09:29 AM
But the grove...

In all seriousness, it just goes to show the difference in the hype machine at TSUN and MSU. On the biggest stage (outside TCU) when the world is watching they have gotten it done and made sure the whole world knew about it. Those bad losses probably had nobody watching outside the SEC and the TSUN controlled press sure didn't paste it all over the front page.

Bodawg
08-05-2016, 09:32 AM
And that's with many of those players on the payroll. Imagine if he had to coach a team of 2 and 3 star players.

Taog Redloh
08-05-2016, 09:36 AM
LOLOL at them losing to Arkansas last year. They would have literally won the SEC title.

BossDawg
08-05-2016, 10:50 AM
LOLOL at them losing to Arkansas last year. They would have literally won the SEC title.

That would make me so sick, knowing my team was that close to FINALLY clinching the West. Damn they royally screwed up lol.

TUSK
08-05-2016, 11:07 AM

I was watching that game at my cousin's crib, Goat...

When that cat lateraled that ball 20' in the air, and I saw where it was gonna land, I said, "Oh, shit, that's Alex Collins... He may score..."

Karmaku

starkvegasdawg
08-05-2016, 11:08 AM
That would make me so sick, knowing my team was that close to FINALLY clinching the West. Damn they royally screwed up lol.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/37871725.jpg

Commercecomet24
08-05-2016, 02:39 PM
It's karma. Screw people and cheat the way unm has and karma finds a way to crush you. Couldn't have happened to a better bunch. Screw them!

shoeless joe
08-05-2016, 02:50 PM

Yeah but the lucky bounce that helped them win against bama had to be evened out somewhere.

lamont
08-05-2016, 04:15 PM
Yeah but the lucky bounce that helped them win against bama had to be evened out somewhere.

Exactly. This is never remembered by them when they mention UPIg's luck

MSUDawg99
08-05-2016, 05:03 PM

LOL that they've showed the replay of the ARK/UNM game several times over the last week. It's glorious.

TXDawg
08-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Ole Miss folks like to trumpet that they've beaten Alabama. Credit Ole Miss for getting up for big games. They play Egg Bowls and Alabama like its the super bowl.

But what else have they done?

During Freeze's tenure at Ole Miss, Freeze is 4-4 against Arkansas and Auburn while Mullen is 7-1.

Freeze lost to Vandy and Memphis. Mullen has no bad losses.

Hugh Freeze has 34 wins at Ole Miss. In that same time, Dan Mullen has...34 wins.

I would consider the loss to Houston his first year to be a bad loss. However, it could easily be argued that the refs were to blame for that one (illegal forward pass call when 99.99% of his body was behind the line of scrimmage when he let go of the ball).

lamont
08-05-2016, 06:05 PM
I would consider the loss to Houston his first year to be a bad loss. However, it could easily be argued that the refs were to blame for that one (illegal forward pass call when 99.99% of his body was behind the line of scrimmage when he let go of the ball).

The Houston team that won 10 games that season is a bad loss? Really?

PassInterference
08-05-2016, 07:13 PM
And Tyson Lee was 2 yards behind the LOS.