PDA

View Full Version : Rankin

msstate7
08-05-2016, 07:23 AM
Anyone been to practice or have reports on how he's looking at LT?

17thebears
08-05-2016, 07:42 AM
Anyone been to practice or have reports on how he's looking at LT?

HailstateFB posted a video on Instagram yesterday that showed Fletcher Adams driving him backwards about 10 yards.

msstate7
08-05-2016, 07:51 AM
HailstateFB posted a video on Instagram yesterday that showed Fletcher Adams driving him backwards about 10 yards.

Lovely.

HancockCountyDog
08-05-2016, 07:54 AM

Probably blocking a draw.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-05-2016, 08:00 AM

Pretty sure that's 56 Dareun Parker that Fletcher is going against.

louisvilledawg
08-05-2016, 08:23 AM

Definitely Parker. Don't get everybody's blood pressure up a month from the season!

17thebears
08-05-2016, 08:40 AM

My bad, you are correct. Thank goodness.

Johnson85
08-05-2016, 09:37 AM
Parker is a true freshman that just got to campus and fletcher only pushed him back 10 yds?!?!?!

Our DLine is 17ed.

jumbo
08-05-2016, 01:07 PM
He's going to be our starting LT.

msstate7
08-05-2016, 01:17 PM
He's going to be our starting LT.

Kinda figured. Is he gonna be LT bc he's good or bc he's all we got? I know this is hard to answer right now

jumbo
08-05-2016, 01:31 PM
Because he's good. I really believe that he was RS last year because our staff thought we could make it through the year and he would be needed more this season and next.

msstate7
08-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Because he's good. I really believe that he was RS last year because our staff thought we could make it thorough the year and he would be needed more this season and next.

Good deal

HoopsDawg
08-05-2016, 01:36 PM
Is Senior really better than Jenkins? I know he has the experience and I guess that will win out.

Johnson85
08-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Is Senior really better than Jenkins? I know he has the experience and I guess that will win out.
Senior looked really bad last year at times, but generally, if he's the worst tackle we have to rely on, I'd feel pretty decent about our tackles.

spbdawg
08-05-2016, 03:22 PM
#

HancockCountyDog
08-05-2016, 04:54 PM

Based off the Egg Bowl, yes. Jenkins was awful. Senior wasn't much better, but he was better.

StatesboroBlues
08-05-2016, 05:03 PM
Because he's good. I really believe that he was RS last year because our staff thought we could make it through the year and he would be needed more this season and next.

Makes sense considering we only had Dak last year...

TXDawg
08-05-2016, 05:41 PM
Can our OLine gap-seal-block like we did in 2014? Will we run the 2014 offense? If the answer to these questions is yes, then our offense will be fine.

I think this year's offense will look more like the 2014 offense than the 2015 offense. I haven't run the numbers (I'm sure someone here has), but it seemed like we ran A LOT fewer designed QB runs in '15 than in '14. Some of that was probably on the O-Line, but I still think Dan was trying build Dak's NFL resume - not that that's a bad thing.

I think we'll be just fine on offense this season.

HancockCountyDog
08-05-2016, 05:58 PM
I think this year's offense will look more like the 2014 offense than the 2015 offense. I haven't run the numbers (I'm sure someone here has), but it seemed like we ran A LOT fewer designed QB runs in '15 than in '14. Some of that was probably on the O-Line, but I still think Dan was trying build Dak's NFL resume - not that that's a bad thing.

I think we'll be just fine on offense this season.

Not sure of reason, but in 2014 Dak had 210 rushing attempts. Last year 160.

I think part of it was also that we had some major weapons at WR and no established RB.

spbdawg
08-05-2016, 06:06 PM
#

msbulldog
08-05-2016, 07:10 PM
The OLine was asked to be in pass pro way more than they should. We don't recruit OLinemen to protect the qb repeatedly bc we don't run a Tom Brady offense.

This!

MaroonFlounder
08-05-2016, 07:27 PM
Is there a worse O-Line outlook in the SEC than what we have? It's depressing really. I hope somehow it comes together somewhat.

ShotgunDawg
08-05-2016, 07:50 PM
Is there a worse O-Line outlook in the SEC than what we have? It's depressing really. I hope somehow it comes together somewhat.

I don't want to risk over selling, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Last year was odd because we went back to the Tyler Russell offense with Dak.

Hevesy is best at teaching a running blocking scheme and with Dak and no proven RB, we got away from that. This year we are much deeper at RB and with Alec Murphy we also have a short yardage back. That along with Mullen getting back to the Relf/ Dak of 2014 offense, the offensive line will get better and get back to being above average. Not great but slightly above average.

MaroonFlounder
08-05-2016, 08:11 PM
I don't want to risk over selling, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Last year was odd because we went back to the Tyler Russell offense with Dak.

Hevesy is best at teaching a running blocking scheme and with Dak and no proven RB, we got away from that. This year we are much deeper at RB and with Alec Murphy we also have a short yardage back. That along with Mullen getting back to the Relf/ Dak of 2014 offense, the offensive line will get better and get back to being above average. Not great but slightly above average.

Alec Murphy is a name nobody mentions when talking about the RBs. He projected to get a decent number of carries?

ShotgunDawg
08-05-2016, 08:15 PM
Alec Murphy is a name nobody mentions when talking about the RBs. He projected to get a decent number of carries?

Not sure, but IMO he may be the most adept at pushing a pile.

MaroonFlounder
08-05-2016, 08:20 PM
He looked solid in the spring game. I'm just afraid we will be stuck with Shump and Holloway up the middle.

spbdawg
08-05-2016, 08:33 PM
#

Todd4State
08-05-2016, 09:12 PM
He looked solid in the spring game. I'm just afraid we will be stuck with Shump and Holloway up the middle.

Why? Dan actually used Holloway correctly last year. I would be surprised if he went away from that.

Todd4State
08-05-2016, 09:18 PM

I think part of it was also that we had some major weapons at WR and no established RB.

Dan should have hit the JUCO circuit for a RB once Josh declared for the NFL draft. That was a HUGE mistake. They possible overestimated what Shumpert could do. Either that or go ahead and get Aeris Williams more touches than he did last year.

spbdawg
08-05-2016, 09:38 PM
#

jumbo
08-05-2016, 10:14 PM
Last year was a combo of getting Dak to the NFL and not having an impact RB.

This year will be more like 09-13 Mullen offense. The emphasis will be on the run

ShotgunDawg
08-05-2016, 10:54 PM
Dan should have hit the JUCO circuit for a RB once Josh declared for the NFL draft. That was a HUGE mistake. They possible overestimated what Shumpert could do. Either that or go ahead and get Aeris Williams more touches than he did last year.

Really unfair hindsight 20/20 here Todd. No one would have ever dreamed of Robinson going pro before the 2014 season and, when you look back at the JUCO backs in that class, there were only like 2 4 star JUCO running backs out there and they both had been committed for 6 months. Not sure there's anything Mullen could have done here except foresee Robinson becoming what he became.

Todd4State
08-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Really unfair hindsight 20/20 here Todd. No one would have ever dreamed of Robinson going pro before the 2014 season and, when you look back at the JUCO backs in that class, there were only like 2 4 star JUCO running backs out there and they both had been committed for 6 months. Not sure there's anything Mullen could have done here except foresee Robinson becoming what he became.

I absolutely admit it's unfair hindsight. They didn't know Shumpert wouldn't step up either. They did however know that behind Shumpert were two guys with zero experience. We didn't need a 4 star guy. We just needed someone solid.

They knew Robinson was going to go pro before the Orange Bowl. So they had time to get a 3 star running back for insurance purposes.

Bothrops
08-05-2016, 11:36 PM
Not sure, but IMO he may be the most adept at pushing a pile.

He runs very well too. I think Murphy has the second best speed of the group, not counting Holloway.

sandwolf
08-05-2016, 11:43 PM

Do I remember right that sacks count as rushing attempts? If so, it is crazy that 10% of Dak's rushing attempts last year came in the form of sacks against Bama and Ole Miss.