PDA

View Full Version : BYU vs Mizzou on SECN, if you want to see what BYU had last year...

IMissJack
08-04-2016, 08:21 PM

missouridawg
08-04-2016, 08:45 PM
That was one of BYUs worst performances. They will be much different with Taysom Hill at QB and a new coach.

The new coach actually might help us, as I think he might try and move the offense out of Taysom Hills skill set.

HancockCountyDog
08-04-2016, 10:58 PM
That was one of BYUs worst performances. They will be much different with Taysom Hill at QB and a new coach.

The new coach actually might help us, as I think he might try and move the offense out of Taysom Hills skill set.

We should win by 10+.

mic
08-04-2016, 11:10 PM
Short week after the auburn game
Altitude
Long trip

The one positive BYU plays in East Lansing the week before and their schedule is very tough the first half of their season

It's going to be a very tough game .. But one we should win...

Bothrops
08-04-2016, 11:27 PM
We will have to play our asses off to win. They will be tough on the LOS, and the officials will help them throughout the game. We shouldn't lose, but I won't be surprised if we do. We need to be going in off a win though.

TUSK
08-05-2016, 12:33 AM
SC, KY and (maybe) Vandy all have more talent than tha Cougs....

Dubya.

Bothrops
08-05-2016, 01:31 AM
SC, KY and (maybe) Vandy all have more talent than tha Cougs....

Dubya.

At skill positions Kentucky and SC do.

Tripp McNeely
08-05-2016, 08:25 AM
We will have to play our asses off to win. They will be tough on the LOS, and the officials will help them throughout the game. We shouldn't lose, but I won't be surprised if we do. We need to be going in off a win though.

Sparty's gonna beat them up pretty bad the week before, and we're better than them at, literally every position (yes, even QB)...we win by at least 2 TDs.

louisvilledawg
08-05-2016, 08:28 AM
So when taysom hill goes down with another leg injury, will he get another year of eligibility? The dude will be 26 at start of season. I know they do that two year mission thing, but still - he the next chris weinke or brandon weeden

Wet Dawg
08-05-2016, 09:28 AM
Sparty's gonna beat them up pretty bad the week before, and we're better than them at, literally every position (yes, even QB)...we win by at least 2 TDs.

Taysom Hill was a Heisman candidate...I dont think we have a QB of that caliber on this team. BYU is no joke. We are better at most positions except QB and potentially the OL. Going to be a tough game and one we should win.

Jack Lambert
08-05-2016, 09:36 AM
Taysom Hill was a Heisman candidate...I dont think we have a QB of that caliber on this team. BYU is no joke. We are better at most positions except QB and potentially the OL. Going to be a tough game and one we should win.

We have a QB that is better then or will be better then Hill. I watched this the other day and I like their QB coach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzbkZGDvPVs#t=556.692067

One thing, they are going from a 3/4 defense to a 4/3 and we are doing the opposite.

Wet Dawg
08-05-2016, 09:53 AM
Their QB coach is 12 year NFL veteran Ty Detmer. He was one tough SOB for his size

Tripp McNeely
08-05-2016, 10:18 AM

Taysom Hill will put up a lot of numbers against really bad teams next year (if he can stay healthy...he's Romo-esque on the injury front), especially late in the season when the schedule gets really thin...but he'll go undrafted unless somebody decides to give him a chance at receiver. Fitz, Staley and Tiano are all better QBs...and our OL may be mediocre/bad per SEC West Standards, but if you look at BYU's schedule, it's probably the 3rd best OL that they'll see all year. It's much better than theirs.

HancockCountyDog
08-05-2016, 10:28 AM
After doing a little research it looks like BYU returns 7 starters on offense - almost the entire OL and 8 starters on defense. I still think we win fairly easily. Just too much speed for them to handle.

AusTexDawg
08-05-2016, 12:43 PM
Hope Sirmon's defense is better than Diaz's. Taysom Hill looked like a Heisman winner rushing for 259 yards against Manny Diaz's Texas defense in 2013 and made some big TD runs against the Longhorns in 2014, too (although I think we have much better players now than the 'Horns did in 2013-2014).