PDA

View Full Version : ED is a safe haven..

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-04-2016, 06:10 PM
It seems by reading the board since this OM shit started, that everyone talks to OM homers or reads the rival message board and comes away thinking that OM might actually come off light and then they come over to ED to post the shit they heard to get reassured that they are in serious trouble. Here is a tip...Quit listening to OM fans! Don't get into Twitter battles with them and for God sake dont visit their damn board and consider their side of it! THEY ARE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE! It is not a matter of "if" it is a matter of when it's going to happen.

WinningIsRelentless
08-04-2016, 06:18 PM
Standing slow clap for you sir

Goldendawg
08-04-2016, 07:34 PM
Guys, we all naturally focus on their NCAA troubles in FB, but don't forget they have admitted guilt or they are also awaiting punishment in women's BB, women's track & men's track. I think I have this right. Multiple sports, multiple coaching staffs, multiple AD's over multiple years. If this is not LOIC what is?

Liverpooldawg
08-04-2016, 07:55 PM
Guys, we all naturally focus on their NCAA troubles in FB, but don't forget they have admitted guilt or they are also awaiting punishment in women's BB, women's track & men's track. I think I have this right. Multiple sports, multiple coaching staffs, multiple AD's over multiple years. If this is not LOIC what is?

It's very much NOT lack of institutional control. What it is is institutionally controlled wholesale cheating. The NCAA may have to make up a new class of charges.

QuadrupleOption
08-04-2016, 09:57 PM
I've said it before and I'll re-iterate it right now:

Boosters + coaches = OK

Boosters + Recruits = NOT OKAY

Boosters + Coaches + Recruits = YOU'RE ****ED.

Also, that crap with Tunsil's second loaner car is the DEFINITION of "Lack of Institutional Control". Also, lest we forget, there are two other sports on that campus that are also about to get a size 15 NCAA boot to the ass. That department is run like a friggin' circus. Scratch that - most circus staff actually know what they are doing. It's obvious Bjork does not.

preachermatt83
08-04-2016, 10:07 PM
Yup. And they will get hit very hard. I doubt they get LOIC but the will easily get failure to monitor.

Political Hack
08-05-2016, 11:28 AM
If they don't get LOIC it'll never be levied again. Multiple sports multiple coaches multiple players multiple boosters. How in the Sam hell could anyone worth their salt ever argue that's not a loss of institutional control?

JDog13
08-05-2016, 12:32 PM
ED is a place where your children can play without having to worry about running into any of the creepers they have tweeting kids. They don't have to worry about getting molested by Yancy in a bathroom. They don't have to worry about coaches staying on the phone with them til 2 am just to keep another school from getting them....then cutting them several years later after they have served their purpose. They don't have to worry about players ramming their finger in their butt, only to make them lick it(happy birthday by the way Myles). They don't have to worry about the fans that support that kind of behavior.

Click an ad

M.Fillmore
08-05-2016, 12:55 PM
It's very much NOT lack of institutional control. What it is is institutionally controlled wholesale cheating. The NCAA may have to make up a new class of charges.

EXCELLENT observation. Rep points all around.

DawgPoundtheRock
08-05-2016, 05:18 PM
Yup. And they will get hit very hard. I doubt they get LOIC but the will easily get failure to monitor.

I agree. While this is very obviously LOIC, the technical definition of LOIC is not having policies and procedures in place to monitor and control the enforcement of NCAA rules and regulations. UNM probably has such policies, procedures and guidelines in written form. The "failure to monitor" is a much more common penalty and basically means that they did not enforce such written policies etc.

After fairly extensive research, I still don't know what penalties would be attached to an LOIC or to a "failure to monitor". One thing that we can be sure of is that if either of these monikers is attached to the penalty phase, it willl be gravy on the grits.