PDA

View Full Version : An actual quote from a typical UNM fan

blacklistedbully
08-04-2016, 04:40 PM
I'm not gonna post this moron's handle because he probably gets a kick outta seeing his name mentioned. But you have just got to see how truly ignorant and deluded this fool is. His diatribe about the NCAA, and how UNM is being punished for being so honest and cooperative follows.

Warning, don't be mid-sip on this shit if you don't want to spray on someone opposite you.

"The NCAA is at a crossroads. Most schools now take the "Prove it" approach and refuse to cooperate. With no ability to compel boosters to submit to interviews and no ability to force the production of documents and financial records, the NCAA is screwed. They can do nothing but leave, and they do so quickly. Cam Newton is a good example. Knew the whole story and never even filed an NOA.

Ole Miss, and maybe very naively, chose the path of complete cooperation. 80% of our allegations were self reported. Almost all could not have been proven without our help. Our boosters were pressured to submit to interviews and "come clean and tell all". We provided reams of financial records. The investigation went on for 4 years because we were giving them everything they asked for, and more. No reason to leave.

We are about to find out what will be done in the future. If they drop the hammer on Ole Miss after "exemplary cooperation", why in the world would ANY school ever cooperate with them again??? It will be proven to be totally stupid. They have to know that.

"Gee, we didn't know that, do you have any proof?" followed by blank stares, will be the new norm. "Maybe you should talk to the booster" followed by a polite refusal to be interviewed or produce any documents will be routine.

The NCAA can do nothing without the cooperation of the school. If they hammer us, it will end the NCAA as an investigative body. Everyone will take the "go screw youselves" approach. I wish we had. "Look, we are not going to Ole Miss ourselves" will be the new approach.

If you can't investigate crap without cooperation, then you had better not screw the schools that cooperate and let the ones who refuse to do so skate."

MadDawg
08-04-2016, 04:55 PM
What this complete dumbass doesn't understand is the NCAA assumes you are guilty if you don't cooperate. Idiot.

PassInterference
08-04-2016, 04:57 PM
This guy is reading from Ben Garrett's play sheet that he put out on his podcast yesterday. Really, that's almost a transcript of the podcast.

dawgoneyall
08-04-2016, 04:59 PM
I'm not gonna post this moron's handle because he probably gets a kick outta seeing his name mentioned. But you have just got to see how truly ignorant and deluded this fool is. His diatribe about the NCAA, and how UNM is being punished for being so honest and cooperative follows.

Warning, don't be mid-sip on this shit if you don't want to spray on someone opposite you.

"The NCAA is at a crossroads. Most schools now take the "Prove it" approach and refuse to cooperate. With no ability to compel boosters to submit to interviews and no ability to force the production of documents and financial records, the NCAA is screwed. They can do nothing but leave, and they do so quickly. Cam Newton is a good example. Knew the whole story and never even filed an NOA.

Ole Miss, and maybe very naively, chose the path of complete cooperation. 80% of our allegations were self reported. Almost all could not have been proven without our help. Our boosters were pressured to submit to interviews and "come clean and tell all". We provided reams of financial records. The investigation went on for 4 years because we were giving them everything they asked for, and more. No reason to leave.

We are about to find out what will be done in the future. If they drop the hammer on Ole Miss after "exemplary cooperation", why in the world would ANY school ever cooperate with them again??? It will be proven to be totally stupid. They have to know that.

"Gee, we didn't know that, do you have any proof?" followed by blank stares, will be the new norm. "Maybe you should talk to the booster" followed by a polite refusal to be interviewed or produce any documents will be routine.

The NCAA can do nothing without the cooperation of the school. If they hammer us, it will end the NCAA as an investigative body. Everyone will take the "go screw youselves" approach. I wish we had. "Look, we are not going to Ole Miss ourselves" will be the new approach.

If you can't investigate crap without cooperation, then you had better not screw the schools that cooperate and let the ones who refuse to do so skate."

Have a friend who contracts to assess properties for tax purposes. With a new building or during reassessment he has to physically measure the size of the builds. Of course he runs up on morons who tell him he can't measure the building and to leave. He politely complies but tell the person he will just assess the building from his office. Most of the time those people go to the tax assessors office after receiving their property tax notices requesting a physical on site reassessment and gladly allow his access.

I just wish the bearsharks would tell the NCAA to 17 off. Bet that would work out well.

starkvegasdawg
08-04-2016, 04:59 PM
Renardo Sidney begs to differ.

messageboardsuperhero
08-04-2016, 05:02 PM
... Except what he's saying is factually incorrect. Only 3 of the 13 football allegations were self-reported. I don't know what kind of math they teach at the flagship, but that ain't 80%.

ShotgunDawg
08-04-2016, 05:05 PM
I find it pretty funny that Ole Miss fans think they have fully cooperated & that reporting 80% of the violations is somehow a good thing. Where does it actually say that they have fully cooperated & how does a school leaving 20% of the violation unreported, of which those 20% were the worst violations, somehow equal cooperation?

These guys are complete dumbasses. 1. If you don't cheat, you have nothing to be investigated for. 2. You not cooperating is considered a guilty plea

Reason2succeed
08-04-2016, 05:41 PM
They are entering the anger phase.

http://www.kstatecollegian.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/c73a64db-8699-4278-a966-b4e1573f9816.jpg

Tailgate Superstar
08-04-2016, 05:56 PM
Has anyone ever seen anything from the NCAA showing their "exemplary cooperation" or is this just more spin?

ShotgunDawg
08-04-2016, 05:58 PM
Has anyone ever seen anything from the NCAA showing their "exemplary cooperation" or is this just more spin?

All we saw was Ole Miss' response to the allegations & I believe Ole Miss used it in the response, but haven't seen the NCAA use it.

TUSK
08-04-2016, 06:04 PM
Have a friend who contracts to assess properties for tax purposes. With a new building or during reassessment he has to physically measure the size of the builds. Of course he runs up on morons who tell him he can't measure the building and to leave. He politely complies but tell the person he will just assess the building from his office. Most of the time those people go to the tax assessors office after receiving their property tax notices requesting a physical on site reassessment and gladly allow his access.

I just wish the bearsharks would tell the NCAA to 17 off. Bet that would work out well.

I ask, "Ya want I should hold the end of the tape, for ya?"

Dawgowar
08-04-2016, 06:09 PM
... Except what he's saying is factually incorrect. Only 3 of the 13 football allegations were self-reported. I don't know what kind of math they teach at the flagship, but that ain't 80%.

Be nice. Hard to focus on math and other trivial matters when your campus is so f'ing beautiful. Dammit, they are special! With magic powers and pet plaid unicorns. Special!

Bodaski
08-04-2016, 06:22 PM
The " exemplary cooperation " has been an angle force fed to their minions so those idiots could use the same angle Freeze uses. They've got to hide behind something at that place. If what I was told yesterday is true, they are screwed big time. Don't ask me to tell, because I'm not and I don't care if you think I'm blowing smoke. There is another guy on another site that knows exactly the same thing and he hasn't been wrong yet. So just be patient on this.

MedDawg
08-04-2016, 06:24 PM
All the NCAA needs is one level 1. With no cooperation it becomes aggravated, and the maximum penalty for one aggravated level 1 is still pretty stiff-- two year bowl ban for starters.

msbulldog
08-04-2016, 06:29 PM
This guy is reading from Ben Garrett's play sheet that he put out on his podcast yesterday. Really, that's almost a transcript of the podcast.

Exactly my thoughts.

dawggoneit
08-04-2016, 07:09 PM
Bless his heart!

blacklistedbully
08-05-2016, 10:14 AM
"The investigation went on for 4 years because we were giving them everything they asked for, and more."

:rolleyes:
If they were, "giving them everything they asked for", there would have been no need to be there 4 years & counting. And even if you buy that big pile of horseshit, and assume complete cooperation. etc....then you are still 17'd when you consider 4+ years because that means there was so much crap going on it has taken this long EVEN WITH COOPERATION to wade through it.

franklintndawg
08-05-2016, 10:19 AM
That's funny right there. When the poo hits the fan its going to be great

Jack Lambert
08-05-2016, 10:39 AM
That's a pretty big quote for someone who probably had a dick in his mouth at the time.

Corn Bread
08-05-2016, 10:40 AM

My bet is that his email address is from a resident of Whitfield.

DancingRabbit
08-05-2016, 10:56 AM

OM is copying their position from the ULL case. In the final ULL ruling the NCAA listed "exemplary cooperation" as one of the mitigating factors in ULL's favor. Supposedly that tilted the decision to not enforce a bowl ban.

Problem is, what OM is facing is equal to ULL's violations, plus another 8 fb violations, 4 more fb level 1's, 7 more boosters, two more coaches texting about paying players, 1 more failure to monitor auto benefits. That plus major infractions in 2-3 other sports.

I'm not sure if coaches texting about payments 3+ years into an NCAA investigation is exemplary cooperation. I'm not sure if the AD saying the investigation was over when it wasn't over is exemplary cooperation. Hugh Freeze telling recruits that it only concerned the previous staff doesn't sound like exemplary cooperation. The way OM stonewalled FOI requests, hid the truth and lied to the public through leaks to certain media might cause the NCAA to question OM's methods.

Louisiana-Lafayette athletic director Scott Farmer made a point of noting that the NCAA described the university's level of cooperation as "exemplary" and chose not to impose a postseason ban on the Ragin' Cajuns.

"We all took a huge sigh of relief that we didn't have a postseason bowl ban," Farmer said. "Let's be honest. That would have been a significant thing, and that made us feel good about all the hard work that we had done" to cooperate with the NCAA.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/ncaa-accepts-ulls-self-sanctions-recruiting-fraud-probe

thf24
08-05-2016, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=DancingRabbit;590020]
I'm not sure if coaches texting about payments 3+ years into an NCAA investigation is exemplary cooperation. I'm not sure if the AD saying the investigation was over when it wasn't over is exemplary cooperation. Hugh Freeze telling recruits that it only concerned the previous staff doesn't sound like exemplary cooperation. The way OM stonewalled FOI requests, hid the truth and lied to the public through leaks to certain media might cause the NCAA to question OM's methods.

Exactly. Their fans have latched onto the "exemplary cooperation" mantra because it sounds nice and makes them feel better, never even stopping to realize that their school's level of cooperation has been the exact opposite of "exemplary."