PDA

View Full Version : A postseason ban is the only penalty that counts for me.

drunkernhelldawg
08-04-2016, 09:56 AM
They've benefited mightily from the violations. I don't want to see them in any championship games, like what I saw with UNC at the NCAA's last season. I already have close to zero faith in the NCAA. Less than a postseason ban would obliterate the little that is left for the ridiculous overseer of "integrity" in college athletics.

MadDawg
08-04-2016, 09:59 AM
I just don't want them to think all the cheating was worth it.

Hit them hard enough to make them not want to cheat anymore. Of course with that bunch, it might take the death penalty.

starkvegasdawg
08-04-2016, 10:02 AM
Post season ban is a must along with some severe scholly restrictions. Not that concerned with vacating wins but it would be nice to have to see them take down their sugar bowl banner and return the trophy. Then see how many of those holier than thou bears still wear their sugar bowl rings they ordered to celebrate their bought win.

Bubb Rubb
08-04-2016, 10:08 AM
Post season ban is a must along with some severe scholly restrictions. Not that concerned with vacating wins but it would be nice to have to see them take down their sugar bowl banner and return the trophy. Then see how many of those holier than thou bears still wear their sugar bowl rings they ordered to celebrate their bought win.

It would be gold if Bjork had to send a letter to all of them telling them they had to return the rings, too.

Seriously, I expect at least one year postseason ban, but the funny thing about these investigations...if they are hit hard enough, the postseason ban will take care of itself.

PassInterference
08-04-2016, 10:08 AM
Postseason ban, yes, but it doesn't stop there. A post season ban would be an immediate hit, but they'd get over it quickly without more sanctions.

The need to virtually back up to 2012 and start over, following the same rules that everybody else has followed the last 4 years. Their program needs to be reset to that point. They need enough sanctions to reset them to that point. There is also a bit of a punitive factor.

Five-year show causes for Nix, Barney, and Harris. One-year suspension for Freeze. 30 scholarships over 4 years. 2-year postseason ban. Official visits cut in half for two years. Players signed in 2016 allowed to transfer and play immediately.

M.Fillmore
08-04-2016, 10:15 AM
Five-year show causes for Nix, Barney, and Harris. Two-year show cause for Freeze. 40 scholarships over 4 years. 2-year postseason ban. Official visits cut in half for two years. Players signed in 2016 allowed to transfer and play immediately.

FIFY
At this point, this is the minimum for me.

Liverpooldawg
08-04-2016, 10:21 AM
They've benefited mightily from the violations. I don't want to see them in any championship games, like what I saw with UNC at the NCAA's last season. I already have close to zero faith in the NCAA. Less than a postseason ban would obliterate the little that is left for the ridiculous overseer of "integrity" in college athletics.
You are nuts. The scholarship reductions are what really bites. Do that right and you don't have to worry about a post season ban, that will take care of itself.

JoseBrown
08-04-2016, 10:31 AM
FIFY

"Two year show cause for Freeze"

That works for me too. It is completely deserved.

archdog
08-04-2016, 10:36 AM
How about making them cancel home games too for a season or so? That will show them and the businesses that have been "helpin" them out.

TUSK
08-04-2016, 10:58 AM
You are nuts. The scholarship reductions are what really bites. Do that right and you don't have to worry about a post season ban, that will take care of itself.

This is correct... Anything greater than 20/25 reductions is basically the DP for an Ole Miss-type tier program considering the strength of the Division/Conference...

WinningIsRelentless
08-04-2016, 11:05 AM
How about severe scholarship reduction and about 20 million fine. Screw the show cause I want him to have to him suffer through about 3 years of winning about 2 games a year

TUSK
08-04-2016, 11:17 AM
How about severe scholarship reduction and about 20 million fine. Screw the show cause I want him to have to him suffer through about 3 years of winning about 2 games a year

Now, that's interesting.... REC operatives in Birmingham could just seize and cut up their SECEBT Card...

ClangaDawg
08-04-2016, 11:17 AM
I think the scholarship stuff is the best we can hope for, and maybe a bowl ban. I would like some forfeits to happen as well, including the Sugar Bowl, and I think there is a chance of that happening if Tunsil is ruled ineligible. I'm not ruling out the possibility of a show cause, and it would be sweet revenge, but I think that is wishful thinking on our part. I just don't think that happens, at least not for Freeze. Now if something else comes out in the next NOA with Freeze tied to it, then yea, that changes the game. But as of now, I don't think he gets a show cause. The big stuff is going to be the ACT scandal, but that only seems to be tied to old people hepper at this point? I'm sure Nutt had knowledge of it, but Saunders seems to be the spear point on that little game from what I have read. If the rumor is true that Saunders decided to sing, and Freezes name is dropped with that, then all bets are off and he's toast.

I was a big dreamer in regards to them getting the death penalty at one time, but after reading the NOA for myself, there is not enough tied to Freeze for him to get a show cause in my opinion, and certainly no death penalty details that I have seen yet. One can only hope that this next NOA has something more damaging for him, but I don't think he would be stupid enough to get his hands dirty? Sure, he's dirty, but is he dumb enough to do the dirty work himself? My guess is he let's his minions do the dirty work, so unless Saunders implicates him, I don't see a show cause for Freeze. I have been meaning to read through the NOA and study it much closer, but with all of this talk about a second NOA, I have been holding off and waiting on it to drop. I just hope the second NOA rumor is real!! The last thing I heard was it would come out Tuesday or Wednesday, and it's now Thursday?

I think the thought process that dragging this out is the best medicine for them is correct. Let this play out for another year and you do a lot of damage, and at that point, any further penalties that drop will just be icing on the cake.

I seen it dawg
08-04-2016, 11:20 AM
Not enough for me. I want their campus leveled and turned into a trailer park.

1bigdawg
08-04-2016, 11:21 AM

The bowl ban is important because it hurts in the years prior to the scholarship reduction causing problems. They can't go to bowls now because of the ban. Then they can't go to bowls in the future because they can't win with their severely depleted roster.

Also, the bowl ban hurts recruiting in the early years.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-04-2016, 11:24 AM

I agree with severe scholly reductions and paying Freezes salary for nail biters against Mississippi College

confucius say
08-04-2016, 11:27 AM
FIFY

That is over the top. Don't set yourself up to be disappointed. Not happening

Really Clark?
08-04-2016, 11:28 AM
I think the scholarship stuff is the best we can hope for, and maybe a bowl ban. I would like some forfeits to happen as well, including the Sugar Bowl, and I think there is a chance of that happening if Tunsil is ruled ineligible. I'm not ruling out the possibility of a show cause, and it would be sweet revenge, but I think that is wishful thinking on our part. I just don't think that happens, at least not for Freeze. Now if something else comes out in the next NOA with Freeze tied to it, then yea, that changes the game. But as of now, I don't think he gets a show cause. The big stuff is going to be the ACT scandal, but that only seems to be tied to old people hepper at this point? I'm sure Nutt had knowledge of it, but Saunders seems to be the spear point on that little game from what I have read. If the rumor is true that Saunders decided to sing, and Freezes name is dropped with that, then all bets are off and he's toast.

I was a big dreamer in regards to them getting the death penalty at one time, but after reading the NOA for myself, there is not enough tied to Freeze for him to get a show cause in my opinion, and certainly no death penalty details that I have seen yet. One can only hope that this next NOA has something more damaging for him, but I don't think he would be stupid enough to get his hands dirty? Sure, he's dirty, but is he dumb enough to do the dirty work himself? My guess is he let's his minions do the dirty work, so unless Saunders implicates him, I don't see a show cause for Freeze. I have been meaning to read through the NOA and study it much closer, but with all of this talk about a second NOA, I have been holding off and waiting on it to drop. I just hope the second NOA rumor is real!! The last thing I heard was it would come out Tuesday or Wednesday, and it's now Thursday?

I think the thought process that dragging this out is the best medicine for them is correct. Let this play out for another year and you do a lot of damage, and at that point, any further penalties that drop will just be icing on the cake.

You do understand that with the new rules the head coach could have no knowledge of what his staff was doing but still get hit with a show cause? The HC has the responsibility and the repercussions to what his staff does. Whether he knows or not is irrelevant other than if he knows about violations he can be hit harder for not notifying compliance. And if you read the NOA Freeze IS specifically named as committing violation. Why the talking point has taken hold that Freeze was not involved, I don't know. But even if that was the case, which it is not, he can be punished for what his staff's violations.

Most people who have talked about penalties and the NCAA penalty structure has said repeatedly that the death penalty is not on the table unless they become repeat offenders.

HSVDawg
08-04-2016, 11:28 AM

Honestly, a postseason ban is not a very severe penalty for a program of OM's stature. They aren't going to be playing in any championship games anyway. They never had a better chance of the stars aligning for them than last season, and they still screwed it up. If it were Alabama or Ohio State, then hell yeah a postseason ban is a major sanction. It even kept OSU out of the natty picture a few years ago when they went undefeated. But all we are really talking about is whether or not they can play in Jacksonville or Nashville around new years or not. I certainly hope they get a postseason ban, don't get me wrong. But if its not accompanied by heavy scholarship reductions and /or multiple show causes then I'm going to be let down.

HoopsDawg
08-04-2016, 11:31 AM

Hit them hard enough to make them not want to cheat anymore. Of course with that bunch, it might take the death penalty.

This all day.

HoopsDawg
08-04-2016, 11:33 AM
This is correct... Anything greater than 20/25 reductions is basically the DP for an Ole Miss-type tier program considering the strength of the Division/Conference...

Ole miss had already planned to only sign 13-20 guys this year. (maybe they knew something was coming) So they need to start the scholarship reductions with the 2018 class.

ClangaDawg
08-04-2016, 11:55 AM
You do understand that with the new rules the head coach could have no knowledge of what his staff was doing but still get hit with a show cause? The HC has the responsibility and the repercussions to what his staff does. Whether he knows or not is irrelevant other than if he knows about violations he can be hit harder for not notifying compliance. And if you read the NOA Freeze IS specifically named as committing violation. Why the talking point has taken hold that Freeze was not involved, I don't know. But even if that was the case, which it is not, he can be punished for what his staff's violations.

Most people who have talked about penalties and the NCAA penalty structure has said repeatedly that the death penalty is not on the table unless they become repeat offenders.

Well, I have heard this kicked around quiet a bit, but until the NCAA says it, I'm not putting a lot of faith in it happening. I'm afraid if we get our expectations too high, we are all going to be highly disappointed. I'm trying to expect something reasonable, based on actually reading the NOA closely, with hope that I wake up on Christmas morning with a new BB gun and mini bike and no more scUM football program! :)

Bubb Rubb
08-04-2016, 11:56 AM
Ole miss had already planned to only sign 13-20 guys this year. (maybe they knew something was coming) So they need to start the scholarship reductions with the 2018 class.

This is exactly the point I've been trying to make. The cloud over the program means they are feeling effects of probation even though they aren't technically there yet. The longer it goes on, the better. Once the penalties are announced, they won't be retroactive. Ole Miss has self-imposed some things for this year and the NCAA will accept that, but they won't get credit for anything above that this year. It doesn't work that way.

TUSK
08-04-2016, 12:00 PM

I'd like to bid on the tree removal phase.

Tripp McNeely
08-04-2016, 12:03 PM
Well, I have heard this kicked around quiet a bit, but until the NCAA says it, I'm not putting a lot of faith in it happening. I'm afraid if we get our expectations too high, we are all going to be highly disappointed. I'm trying to expect something reasonable, based on actually reading the NOA closely, with hope that I wake up on Christmas morning with a new BB gun and mini bike and no more scUM football program! :)

It's already happened...Chip Kelley

HoopsDawg
08-04-2016, 01:08 PM
We need to continue to recruit Willie Gay and DD Bowie. I don't see anyone else I would really want. Right now they lead for Cam Akers, but I don't think we have a shot here.

msstate7
08-04-2016, 01:13 PM
We need to continue to recruit Willie Gay and DD Bowie. I don't see anyone else I would really want. Right now they lead for Cam Akers, but I don't think we have a shot here.

They lead with Akers? I thought Ohio state was the leader

HoopsDawg
08-04-2016, 01:15 PM
They lead with Akers? I thought Ohio state was the leader

Well, Yancy thinks they lead with him. So there you go.

dawg27
08-04-2016, 01:16 PM
If they dont get at least a two year bowl ban i would like to see three, but it will be worth it if they just get a year. They will just red shirt some of them and business as usual.

msstate7
08-04-2016, 01:21 PM
Since it's believed that the NCAA leaked OM's trouble right before signing day, think there's a chance the NCAA releases those guys to transfer? If the NCAA truly was behind that leak and bjork came out and lied about the content, om really committed a form of fraud vs the signees

Really Clark?
08-04-2016, 01:58 PM

Ummm, they have said it, written it into the rules and bylaws and have enforced it in prior cases. Maybe you need to reread the NCAA violations and penalty structure since 2013 and then re-read the UNM NOA. I think you are missing some key issues.

Indndawg
08-04-2016, 02:24 PM

They are that full of themselves

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-04-2016, 02:57 PM

They lead for Cam Akers?? Ha! Don't think so

SheltonChoked
08-04-2016, 04:20 PM
Not me. I want it all. Forfeited wins back to 2006 (Powe). 8 year show cause from Barney to Vitter, and Khayat. Postseason ban for 4 years. 80 over 8.

Also remember a postseason ban includes the SEC withholding the bowl money payouts until the ban is over. So that's a +$18 million hit each year too.

Engine
08-04-2016, 04:28 PM
IDGAF about them not being in some bowl game I wasn't going to watch.

Bowl ban is mild as ****. Huge scholly limitations that results in a de facto bowl ban!!
Limit their off campus recruiting.
Show cause for Freeze.

Make them put a huge blue NCAA logo banner tarp over their new endzone seats for a season.

BrunswickDawg
08-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Not me. I want it all. Forfeited wins back to 2006 (Powe). 8 year show cause from Barney to Vitter, and Khayat. Postseason ban for 4 years. 80 over 8.
Good... Good.... Feel the hate flowing through you. These are the powers of a Toxic Rivalry.

starkvegasdawg
08-04-2016, 04:38 PM
I'd like to bid on the tree removal phase.

They'll have an out of work coach already on site to do that.

preachermatt83
08-04-2016, 05:14 PM

With no double wides!! Only used single wides and broken down motor homes!!

ILOATHEBears
08-04-2016, 07:53 PM

U and I think a lot alike.

Goldendawg
08-04-2016, 08:13 PM
Have to hire the Bama guy who killed Auburn's trees to be their Head Groundskeeper for the Grove.