PDA

View Full Version : CL is now talkking postseason ban for Bears..

fishwater99
08-04-2016, 08:13 AM
I think IT's coming... The Bear Admin just realized after the 2nd NOA that they better start preparing the masses for the penalties..

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2016/08/03/ole-miss-receive-postseason-ban/87995256/

"Ole Miss could also see its football program?s case tried at the highest possible level, said John G. Long, a lawyer who operates his own firm that handles NCAA cases in Austin, Texas.

?You?re talking about boosters, you?re talking about coaches, you?re talking about academic violations, you?re talking about assistants that are lying to the NCAA enforcement,? said Long, who isn?t part of Ole Miss? case. ?We?re not talking about a case here where there are some administrative mistakes and some kids were ineligible because they were in the wrong majors.

?I find it hard to believe that they?re going to say that it?s a Level I with mitigation. A win for Ole Miss would be if it?s processed as just a standard Level I on the penalty side. I think it?s very realistic that the Committee on Infractions will ? see it as an aggravated case.?

A Level I-Aggravated case carries a postseason ban of two to four years."

Bama_Dawg
08-04-2016, 08:16 AM
A Level I-Aggravated case carries a postseason ban of two to four years."

But what about 8 Level 1's? You'd think that more than 1 of those will be considered aggravated.

fishwater99
08-04-2016, 08:19 AM
"Level I-Mitigated cases carry a postseason ban of zero to one year, while Level I-Standard cases carry a postseason ban of one to two years, according to the NCAA’s penalty guidelines."

lamont
08-04-2016, 08:19 AM
They are going to get a bowl ban from the 1st NOA. The addendum or 2nd NOA is going to cripple them

PassInterference
08-04-2016, 08:31 AM
Per Rosebowl, who hasn't been wrong yet, the investigation has more interviewees coming forward and bringing stuff about players other than Tunsil. Tunsil draft night alone which revealed payments plans between coaches and Tunsil was enough to cripple them. Now we've got dirt on other crootin activities coming to light.

And with each new thing that is found, there is a significant chance that Ole Miss gets caught lying to investigators over the course of this long investigation.

The NCAA hates liars.

Liverpooldawg
08-04-2016, 08:45 AM
Well now isn't that interesting. That the CL printed that means one of two things: 1) the UM administration has finally decided preparing the masses for what is about to drop might be a good idea. 2) the CL is belatedly turning on them. I think #1 is much more likely but either way I don't think even the biggest Koolaid drinkers can put a positive spin on that. If it IS #2 this could be a lot of fun. There is nothing like a REAL newspaper digging in the dirt of your rival. Again, this is the CL, I think it's most likely #1.

starkvegasdawg
08-04-2016, 08:49 AM
Well now isn't that interesting. That the CL printed that means one of two things: 1) the UM administration has finally decided preparing the masses for what is about to drop might be a good idea. 2) the CL is belatedly turning on them. I think #1 is much more likely but either way I don't think even the biggest Koolaid drinkers can put a positive spin on that. If it IS #2 this could be a lot of fun. There is nothing like a REAL newspaper digging in the dirt of your rival. Again, this is the CL, I think it's most likely #1.

3) They'll say this is just some schmuck that hasn't followed the case closely and is just spouting off to try and sound smart. THEY know the truth and that is that they have had exemplary cooperation and that this won't be bad and anyone that says otherwise is just jealous because they aren't ole miss by damn.

Political Hack
08-04-2016, 08:51 AM
They're trying to lessen the blow to the fanbase at this point.

MedDawg
08-04-2016, 08:52 AM
"Level I-Mitigated cases carry a postseason ban of zero to one year, while Level I-Standard cases carry a postseason ban of one to two years, according to the NCAA?s penalty guidelines."

That's 0-1 years or 1-2 years of bowl bans for each Level 1 violation, not each case as in "the Ole Miss case". OM currently has 8 Level 1 violations.

Now, we know that OM isn't going to get an 8-year bowl ban, but they could get 3 instead of 2 or 1 or none.

maroonmania
08-04-2016, 08:54 AM

Believe its #1. I'm to the point now where I just assume anything printed in the CL sports section is originated and controlled by the UNM administration and/or the UNM high level backers.

Martianlander
08-04-2016, 09:03 AM
They sure are making a fuss when there is no investigation.****

Dawgface
08-04-2016, 09:04 AM
Believe its #1. I'm to the point now where I just assume anything printed in the CL sports section is originated and controlled by the UNM administration and/or the UNM high level backers.

Agree. Time for the OM admin to slowly prepare the bear sheep for what will be coming in a few months.

Jack Lambert
08-04-2016, 09:10 AM
Hell just six months ago they were saying "There"s nothing to see here." They were at a store yesterday trying to sell subscriptions. When they asked was I interested I told them "When you start reporting Miss State fairly and being negative to ole miss as you are State then I will consider it." I heard several people agree with me. I even heard one Amen. That tells me it's not just Elite Dawgs that feels that way.

Corn Bread
08-04-2016, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE=Dawgface;589637]Agree. Time for the OM admin to slowly prepare the bear sheep for what will be coming in a few months

Does anyone consider that games could be forfeited if the violations are extremely bad?

BeardoMSU
08-04-2016, 09:22 AM
[QUOTE=Dawgface;589637]Agree. Time for the OM admin to slowly prepare the bear sheep for what will be coming in a few months

Does anyone consider that games could be forfeited if the violations are extremely bad?

I think it's safe to assume, at a minimum, every game Tunsil played in has a high chance of being forfeited.

I personally don't give a shit about forfeited games though. It's a black eye initially, but over time people for get about it, but still remember the games themselves, have the t-shirts, pictures, etc.

Tbonewannabe
08-04-2016, 09:25 AM
[QUOTE=Corn Bread;589645]

I think it's safe to assume, at a minimum, every game Tunsil played in has a high chance of being forfeited.

I personally don't give a shit about forfeited games though. It's a black eye initially, but over time people for get about it, but still remember the games themselves, have the t-shirts, pictures, etc.

The biggest shot to the nutts about forfeited games would being forced to take down whatever banner they have hung for the Sugar Bowl win.

Tbonewannabe
08-04-2016, 09:27 AM
So is UM looking at more Level 1 violations? This could be a record for the NCAA in the modern era.

Liverpooldawg
08-04-2016, 09:30 AM

That's not exactly the case. My second team is USCw, been a fan a LONG time and even have a family connection now that cements it. I still remember the Reggie Bush days fondly but what happened later does taint it. It's just not the same as it was. I'll also say this, if Mississippi gets anything close to what USC got it will devastate them. SC was still pulling in 4&5 stars but the lack of numbers really knocked the program back. Even 4s and 5s aren't sure things and you just don't have the numbers to keep up the quality depth with the average rate of misses and attrition, even at a place like USC. I don't see the Confederates pulling in many if any 4s and 5s if they get hammered like that. They will have to keep cheating to get the high 3s.

starkvegasdawg
08-04-2016, 09:43 AM
So is UM looking at more Level 1 violations? This could be a record for the NCAA in the modern era.

Rose said yesterday this could be THE NCAA case for our generation.

ILOATHEBears
08-04-2016, 09:43 AM

Steve said yesterday that when this is all said and done it will be the biggest cheating scandal of our generation

Corn Bread
08-04-2016, 09:47 AM
Steve said yesterday that when this is all said and done it will be the biggest cheating scandal of our generation

I read the post from his pod cast. He has been spot on so far, and yesterday he put his ball sack on the chopping block. He seems to know this is going to be epic.

drunkernhelldawg
08-04-2016, 09:51 AM
Don't know whether they're still doing it, but yesterday I took advantage of 9.99 for a year of digital/e-edition access. Going to have to keep an eye on my credit card statements to make sure it was true. Bonus is that you get the USA Today reprint too.

KB21
08-04-2016, 09:56 AM
This may be the most blatant case of orchestrated, institutionalized cheating since SMU. At a minimum, I think they are looking at what USC got, which will cripple their program. If there ever was a program that deserved the death penalty though, it is Ole Miss.

DownwardDawg
08-04-2016, 10:09 AM
I sure hope the NCAA talks to people close to Mr Pack.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-04-2016, 11:04 AM
I sure hope the NCAA talks to people close to Mr Pack.

About his flip from FSU to OM?

I quickly looked over their 2013 class and they had 9 players flip from other schools:

AJ Jackson (FSU), Austin Golson (FSU), Christian Morgan (FSU), Nkemdiche (Clemson), David Kamara (Clemson) Quincy Adeboyejo (A&M), Kailo Moore (State), Jordan Wilkins (Auburn) and Marcus Robinson (Arkansas)

mic
08-04-2016, 11:12 AM
This may be the most blatant case of orchestrated, institutionalized cheating since SMU. At a minimum, I think they are looking at what USC got, which will cripple their program. If there ever was a program that deserved the death penalty though, it is Ole Miss.

The Reggie Bush situation at USC was more about his agent than boosters.. The UMiss sanctions are in a league of their own compared to USC...

confucius say
08-04-2016, 11:15 AM

To be fair to him, he said could

I seen it dawg
08-04-2016, 11:16 AM
[QUOTE=BeardoMSU;589649]

The biggest shot to the nutts about forfeited games would being forced to take down whatever banner they have hung for the Sugar Bowl win.

Ha! They ain't ever taking that banner down. For any reason.

Mjoelner34
08-04-2016, 11:20 AM

I quickly looked over their 2013 class and they had 9 players flip from other schools:

AJ Jackson (FSU), Austin Golson (FSU), Christian Morgan (FSU), Nkemdiche (Clemson), David Kamara (Clemson) Quincy Adeboyejo (A&M), Kailo Moore (State), Jordan Wilkins (Auburn) and Marcus Robinson (Arkansas)

And don't forget Tunsil. Although he wasn't committed, Tunsil to Georgia had pretty much been a done-deal for a couple of years I believe.

TrapGame
08-04-2016, 11:24 AM
The Reggie Bush situation at USC was more about his agent than boosters.. The UMiss sanctions are in a league of their own compared to USC...

Yep, boosters coordinating with the HC and the AD on a massive scale.

ClangaDawg
08-04-2016, 11:40 AM
Yall are giving the CL far too much credit. Did you even read it all the way through? That rag is just baiting us and some of you are falling for it! Below is the most important part of the article and the quote that is most telling as well. They gave just enough goods to suck us in, then at the last second, they pull it right out of our open mouths! That #hit rag is just yanking our chains!

quote - "It wouldn?t be surprising if Ole Miss didn?t receive one. It wouldn?t be surprising if Ole Miss got one."

Come on CL. Anyone with reading comprehension can see what your doing. Only the over zealous that don't read things closely are going to fall for it. Don't be so naive people!

Mjoelner34
08-04-2016, 12:01 PM
"But Ole Miss said it chose not to self-impose a postseason ban for two reasons: The rule-breakers were operating outside ?the University?s expectations and rules education;? and what the school called the most serious allegations, the alleged ACT fraud, involves staffers and athletes no longer at Ole Miss and occurred at least six years ago."

So, they're basically telling the NCAA "You didn't catch us then so you can't punish us now." I wonder what window licking fool came up with that? Yeah, we'll see how that works out.

Gordon Gekko
08-04-2016, 12:41 PM

I'd have to say, yeah

msstate7
08-04-2016, 12:57 PM
I'd have to say, yeah

Get back in your room (political board)!**

Dawgface
08-04-2016, 12:59 PM
Don't know whether they're still doing it, but yesterday I took advantage of 9.99 for a year of digital/e-edition access. Going to have to keep an eye on my credit card statements to make sure it was true. Bonus is that you get the USA Today reprint too.

Good tip and I took advantage of it. Even if I don't care for their bias towards OM, that's still a good deal for all the other news.

MSUDawg99
08-04-2016, 01:04 PM
To be fair to him, he said could

Yeah he was giving his opinion. He said it had the makings to possibly be the largest, not that it most certainly is the largest.

blacklistedbully
08-04-2016, 01:16 PM

NCAA doesn't do forfeits anymore. They changed from, "forfeit" to, "vacate", meaning they don't get to count them as wins, but they are not considered as wins for any teams they beat while cheating.

The NCAA could also vacate any bowl wins, including last year's Sugar, but it will be up to the Sugar Bowl committee to decide if they want to take the trophy back.

drunkernhelldawg
08-04-2016, 01:40 PM
Good tip and I took advantage of it. Even if I don't care for their bias towards OM, that's still a good deal for all the other news.

Just gotta be careful to cancel when the year is over. Might set a reminder on my phone. I thought yesterday's and today's editions were very good.

Spiderman
08-04-2016, 03:02 PM

Before that becomes the company line, go back and listen to what he said.... He said IF the people he has heard are now willing to be interviewed and tell the true actually do it, it will be the biggest in a generation.

Let's hope they do, and that he is right

Percho
08-04-2016, 03:26 PM

Does that mean the helping business is the same as the flipping business?

fader2103
08-04-2016, 04:14 PM
The only thing that is good about the CL is Therese Apel. Best reported they had in years, and shes a redhead!

FISHDAWG
08-04-2016, 06:41 PM

they just need to go ahead and Fed-Ex the Egg Bowl Trophy back ... or have one of their taxi cab/ Uber driving boosters bring it back

preachermatt83
08-04-2016, 10:20 PM
Is SpiderMan , Steve? I've wondered that before.

sandwolf
08-04-2016, 11:41 PM
Is SpiderMan , Steve? I've wondered that before.

No....I don't know who Spiderman is, but it's not Steve.

Schultzy
08-05-2016, 05:57 AM

Fwiw they admitted in their response to the NCAA that they played an ineligible player in 6 games of the 2014 season.

messageboardsuperhero
08-05-2016, 06:22 AM
nvm

Boodawg
08-05-2016, 07:00 AM
If CL is finally saying they could get post ban, I feel like they are trying to get everyone ready for it. I think they must of finally been given the go ahead to report this.

lamont
08-05-2016, 07:40 AM
The CL is awesome for eating watermelon on top of it

blacklistedbully
08-05-2016, 09:36 AM
[QUOTE=BeardoMSU;589649]

they just need to go ahead and Fed-Ex the Egg Bowl Trophy back ... or have one of their taxi cab/ Uber driving boosters bring it back

They'll just get Fred to arrange for it to, "get lost in transit", kinda like some recruits headed for Starkville wound up in Oxford instead.

#OleMissnothingbeneathcontempttowinfootballgames #wehavetocheattowin