PDA

View Full Version : Chris Doering on SECN said last night

lamont
08-04-2016, 07:47 AM
That he thinks Kentucky may have the best WR group in the SEC. Expects them to jump up this year

Ifyouonlyknew
08-04-2016, 08:04 AM
That he thinks Kentucky may have the best WR group in the SEC. Expects them to jump up this year

With no WR on the preseason 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team? Interesting.

CadaverDawg
08-04-2016, 08:06 AM
If they "step up", it's bc the East is garbage. Nothing else imo

Dawgfan77
08-04-2016, 08:07 AM
They all must be walk-ons.

thf24
08-04-2016, 08:46 AM
Given what IYOK said, sounds to me like the classic tactic of making a darkhorse out of a team based on little to nothing, claim you're a genius if it just happens to come true, and pretend you never said anything if it doesn't. UK, UT, and Upig, for whatever reason, are perennial candidates for these claims, and it's caused me to put zero stock in anything positive the media says about them preseason at this point.

Political Hack
08-04-2016, 08:50 AM
He said best in the SEC East. He said he expects them to be much improvised though as a team.

He also spoke highly of state and said that we're not going to miss Dak as much as everyone thinks.

BulldogDX55
08-04-2016, 08:52 AM
Given what IYOK said, sounds to me like the classic tactic of making a darkhorse out of a team based on little to nothing, claim you're a genius if it just happens to come true, and pretend you never said anything if it doesn't. UK, UT, and Upig, for whatever reason, are perennial candidates for these claims, and it's caused me to put zero stock in anything positive the media says about them preseason at this point.

UT is based on something this year. 2nd best QB in the SEC, a ton of returning starters to go with great recruiting classes, a down East, and a cakewalk schedule. They'll be favored in every game this year except Alabama. If Butch can't get it done with what they have going for them this year, then he never will.

Prediction? Pain.
08-04-2016, 08:54 AM
Bill Connelly did his preview of Kentucky a couple of days ago -- here (http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/8/1/12262616/kentucky-football-2016-preview-schedule-roster) it is if you're interested -- and I was surprised by the size, talent, and depth they've got at the WR position. Of their top eight returning wideouts, six are juniors (the other two are a senior and a sophomore), five are 247 Composite 4-stars (the other three are 3-stars), and four are 6' 1" or taller (and two of those are 6' 5"). So I guess on paper that looks pretty good. Not "best in the conference" good, but pretty good nonetheless.

Of course without a proven QB on the roster, and with a new offensive staff in place following a craptastic year of offense in 2015, this season we may never know how good Kentucky's WRs actually are.

If they don't go bowling this year, I wonder how much longer Stoops can hang around?

Jack Lambert
08-04-2016, 08:55 AM
With all respect to chris, they say that every year. Stoops is not a good coach.

thf24
08-04-2016, 08:59 AM
UT is based on something this year. 2nd best QB in the SEC, a ton of returning starters to go with great recruiting classes, a down East, and a cakewalk schedule. They'll be favored in every game this year except Alabama. If Butch can't get it done with what they have going for them this year, then he never will.

They do have more going for them than they've had in a while, but I'll believe they'll make real noise when it happens, not before. This from a childhood Tennessee fan who still follows them pretty closely.

HSVDawg
08-04-2016, 09:02 AM
He said best in the SEC East. He said he expects them to be much improvised though as a team.

He also spoke highly of state and said that we're not going to miss Dak as much as everyone thinks.

Even if its only best WR's in the East, that could be a huge matchup problem for us in Lexington. That game may be closer than we want it to be.

Political Hack
08-04-2016, 09:32 AM
Even if its only best WR's in the East, that could be a huge matchup problem for us in Lexington. That game may be closer than we want it to be.

I posted in a thread the other day that I'm more worried about UK than I am SC.

Taog Redloh
08-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Bill Connelly did his preview of Kentucky a couple of days ago -- here (http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/8/1/12262616/kentucky-football-2016-preview-schedule-roster) it is if you're interested -- and I was surprised by the size, talent, and depth they've got at the WR position. Of their top eight returning wideouts, six are juniors (the other two are a senior and a sophomore), five are 247 Composite 4-stars (the other three are 3-stars), and four are 6' 1" or taller (and two of those are 6' 5"). So I guess on paper that looks pretty good. Not "best in the conference" good, but pretty good nonetheless.

Of course without a proven QB on the roster, and with a new offensive staff in place following a craptastic year of offense in 2015, this season we may never know how good Kentucky's WRs actually are.

If they don't go bowling this year, I wonder how much longer Stoops can hang around?

I'm a fan of Bill C's stuff too, but he's got them at 4.3 projected wins. 24% chance of beating us in Lexington. I'm not too worried.