PDA

View Full Version : The reason Mississippi hasnt fired any coaches yet

lamont
08-04-2016, 07:35 AM
Is because in their response they are trying to get all the Level 1's on the current staff reduced. It's that simple. When the COI rules and says "no ****ing way", then you are going to see show causes and pink slips handed down.

"Maybe the Administration is lying to us"- BlackMallard on the Spirit

Bucky Dog
08-04-2016, 07:39 AM
Is because in their response they are trying to get all the Level 1's on the current staff reduced. It's that simple. When the COI rules and says "no ****ing way", then you are going to see show causes and pink slips handed down.

Exactly. Their response was to say all Level 1's should be mitigated and said they ALL involved staff and players who are no longer part of the program. Who gives a shit! And you're lying any way because Freeze is right in the middle of all of them. Any preemptive action involving staff will not happen. They are going to wait it out until the last possible moment when the NCAA forces their hand.
When that happens, the staff will be wiped out, including Freeze and most likely Bdork for lying to the masses and covering up.

Dawgology
08-04-2016, 07:45 AM

All the "doom and gloom" folks on here that were saying nothing will happen because they haven't fired anyone are wrong or are either Ole Miss trolls/moles. Firing a staffer over anything in the NOA is tantamount to admitting guilt. They CAN'T fire anyone or they undermine their mitigation efforts. I don't know what is so hard to understand about this. The fact that NO ONE has been fired over this yet is the most obvious sign that they know they are in deep DEEP shit.

starkvegasdawg
08-04-2016, 07:46 AM
I'll hand it to them. They're all staying with the ship while it goes down. If they are better than us at anything it is toeing that line to the bitter end. The the brass at TSUN say something then that is the party line regardless of how easily it is to prove wrong. Then the party line changes and they proclaim that and disavow every saying anything else. They are a Jim Jones level cult to be sure.

Bucky Dog
08-04-2016, 08:12 AM
The fact is the cannot fire one without all of them going down. They tried to get Barney, and maybe even Miller to be the sacrificial lambs, and they said **** no!! And as stated, if they did fire anyone, it's admitting guilt and these delusional, hypocritical morons will never admit to anything. Mi will go far as to say when all of it comes down, they will still deny, make excuses, and blame others.

Jack Lambert
08-04-2016, 08:58 AM
It's all about perceptions to keep the masses happy and to keep recruits from jumping ship. They the AD at ole miss knows they are in for a "What For" and they are trying everything to limit the damage and manage the damage that comes.

You have coaches on staff and Monday coaches on the field that will not be there in the future because of the cheating.

MedDawg
08-04-2016, 09:03 AM
On the meantime OM signed Greg Little, Shea Patterson, and others, and they are now all on campus and starting practice. If the delays and misinformation were simply to accomplish that, then they succeeded. If OM had not delayed and responded in January, then they wouldn't have signed the best of their 2016 class or by now the NCAA would have allowed any players to transfer without losing eligibility. I'd say there is much less of a chance of them transferring out now.

The only downside will be if the NCAA held the delays and misinformation against them and punished them harder, but maybe even then the 2016 class would be worth it.

Martianlander
08-04-2016, 09:09 AM
You guys are right about them hanging on as long as they can. I had previously said I didn't believe Bjork would make it to September, but it looks like I'm going to be wrong on that. However I still don't think he makes it long term.

Tbonewannabe
08-04-2016, 09:20 AM
On the meantime OM signed Greg Little, Shea Patterson, and others, and they are now all on campus and starting practice. If the delays and misinformation were simply to accomplish that, then they succeeded. If OM had not delayed and responded in January, then they wouldn't have signed the best of their 2016 class or by now the NCAA would have allowed any players to transfer without losing eligibility. I'd say there is much less of a chance of them transferring out now.

The only downside will be if the NCAA held the delays and misinformation against them and punished them harder, but maybe even then the 2016 class would be worth it.

They got the recruits to keep up appearances until they can recruit again. The recruits from last year won't go to a bowl but will keep them from going 2-10 like they should. Unless the NCAA gives those guys free passes to transfer then UM made out like a bandit last year. They got the #1 tackle in the country to sign with a program that will go pro in 3 years and now it seems like a 3 year bowl ban is a good possibility. Little and his family probably don't care since he probably got paid and will still go in the 1st round of the draft more than likely.

ShotgunDawg
08-04-2016, 09:29 AM
This is why I think it's a joke that Ole Miss, at this point, will be allowed to compete for the postseason this year.

The entire case may take until next year to complete, but a bowl ban should be handed down now. They are a team full of paid professionals.

Dawgface
08-04-2016, 09:51 AM
This is why I think it's a joke that Ole Miss, at this point, will be allowed to compete for the postseason this year.

The entire case may take until next year to complete, but a bowl ban should be handed down now. They are a team full of paid professionals.

My prediction is they stump their toe early this year which leads to a ho hum year and they will self impose a 1 year bowl ban after more bad news trickles out over the next few weeks.

Martianlander
08-04-2016, 10:05 AM
My prediction is they stump their toe early this year which leads to a ho hum year and they will self impose a 1 year bowl ban after more bad news trickles out over the next few weeks.

Can you or someone clarify this for me. I didn't think they got to pick when the ban would be. I thought they could propose it but the NCAA could change or add to, but I may be wrong on this point.

maroonmania
08-04-2016, 10:17 AM

Allowing a school to self-impose anything after they see what type of season its going to be is about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Now, if memory serves, Ohio State self-imposed a post-season ban on themselves BEFORE the season and ended up going undefeated so that ban ended up really stinging. But imposing it after seeing how the first 4 or 5 games go should not be allowed.

ClangaDawg
08-04-2016, 10:30 AM
I don't believe that a school can wait until after the season to decide and claim a bowl ban. Unless someone can show me where that's happened before, that crap ain't happening in my opinion.

Tbonewannabe
08-04-2016, 11:03 AM
Didn't we do that with Croom? Of course our punishment for what little was found wasn't really worthy of a bowl ban.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-04-2016, 11:18 AM
Didn't we do that with Croom? Of course our punishment for what little was found wasn't really worthy of a bowl ban.

Are you saying hiring Croom was a retroactive multi-year bowl ban?

JoseBrown
08-04-2016, 11:27 AM
I don't see any problem with UNM self-imposing a bowl ban whenever they want too. The problem I would have would be if the NCAA counted it as part of their punishment, if it was a self-imposed ban in their own interest.

Tripp McNeely
08-04-2016, 11:38 AM
I don't believe that a school can wait until after the season to decide and claim a bowl ban. Unless someone can show me where that's happened before, that crap ain't happening in my opinion.

They can't.

Lumpy Chucklelips
08-04-2016, 11:40 AM
A self imposed bowl ban after starting the season 2-3 or whatever is not going to happen. At least not in the eyes of the NCAA. OM can self impose all they want. The NCAA isn't dumb enough to buy it. Think about it...they know this bunch better than anyone. They know how they operate.

Here's my question and has been all along....We know they cheated in 2013. That has been established. My question...is the NCAA looking at '14, '15 and '16? Or do we want to believe that they stopped cheating after one year? In my estimation it probably picked up steam after '13 after they saw how easy it was to bring in a top rated class. '13 stands out, but I bet after that particular year, they cheated even more.

Really Clark?
08-04-2016, 11:47 AM
UNM can't add a self imposed bowl ban since they have already responded to the NOA. What they were offering as self imposed penalties are in the response and now have to wait on COI hearing to see if there will be additional penalties. Now, if the original NOA is being changed BY the NCAA because of additional violations being added that would have been a part of the original investigation, they may be afforded the chance to amend their self imposed penalties. But this is new territory that I can't recall ever happening under the new rules and would require, I believe, a completely new response that would be made public as well. UNC had their orginal NOA thrown out because of new violations of the original investigation but they had not responded yet. Teams have self imposed penalties including postseason bans during a season, Louisville, but I can't recall ever adding self imposed AFTER they have responded to a NOA or it ever being allowed by the NCAA.

lamont
08-04-2016, 12:28 PM
Why would Mississippi offer up more self-imposed penalties????? They have already responded to the NOA and self-sanctioned. Now the COI has to rule

They haven't acknowledged more infractions to this point- so no need to self-impose anything else on their part. That would be an admission of guilt. They only "made mistakes"

Jack Lambert
08-04-2016, 12:34 PM

Ohio State got word during the 2011 season about the bowl band. They had the choice of taking it that season or waiting until the next. They only won 6 games but decided to go to a bowl that season and take the post season band the next. The next season they went 12-0 and could not go to a post season play and Bama got to play in the BCS championship. Bama would have been the number 3 team.

Commercecomet24
08-04-2016, 01:31 PM
All the "doom and gloom" folks on here that were saying nothing will happen because they haven't fired anyone are wrong or are either Ole Miss trolls/moles. Firing a staffer over anything in the NOA is tantamount to admitting guilt. They CAN'T fire anyone or they undermine their mitigation efforts. I don't know what is so hard to understand about this. The fact that NO ONE has been fired over this yet is the most obvious sign that they know they are in deep DEEP shit.

Bingo!!! Once you get in this deep there's no choice but to ride it out.

Really Clark?
08-04-2016, 01:53 PM
Ohio State got word during the 2011 season about the bowl band. They had the choice of taking it that season or waiting until the next. They only won 6 games but decided to go to a bowl that season and take the post season band the next. The next season they went 12-0 and could not go to a post season play and Bama got to play in the BCS championship. Bama would have been the number 3 team.

The COI didn't rule until 12/22/11 about them receiving a bowl ban, more scholarship reductions to the ones self imposed and an additional year of probation. They original didn't offer up a bowl ban in their response because they really didn't think that the school's violations, not talking about Trussell but the school, were significant enough to trigger a bowl ban penalty. Part of the problem of that case was the fact that the NCAA discovered two more infractions of illegal benefits to players that occurred during the investigation but was not discovered (by the school I think and they notified the NCAA) until after the COI hearing. So that changed how the COI originally were going to rule and the school had already responded and could not add a bowl ban for their self imposed penalties. With the finally ruling coming after the bowl games having been selected, it would have created a huge mess if they had to serve a bowl ban for that year rather than the next. What really pissed people and the NCAA off was them playing ineligible players in the bowl game the year prior and Trussel knew it.

LockeDawg
08-04-2016, 04:26 PM
Can you or someone clarify this for me. I didn't think they got to pick when the ban would be. I thought they could propose it but the NCAA could change or add to, but I may be wrong on this point.Ole Miss can't choose when their post-season ban will be anymore than they can choose how many scholly's they lose or how many years of probation they will receive or how many Level I violations get reduced. They are at the mercy of the NCAA just like any program that finds themselves up shit creek. They are in the sewer with multiple sports under the gun, back to back coaching staffs, back to back AD's, damn near a dozen boosters involved and ACADEMIC FRAUD!

TUSK
08-04-2016, 04:46 PM

It'd be interesting to run the numbers through the BCS formula, but the AP had Ohio St. #3... and at no time during the season was Ohio State ranked ahead...

I bet N. Dame wishes OSU had taken that bowl ban in 2011....