PDA

View Full Version : Cowbells-a-ringing

spiral
08-03-2016, 01:29 PM
Even when we ring responsibly I think our cowbells give us an advantage. Why is it that more of our fans do not bring them to the games? I would guess around me only about 20% of the fans have a cowbell with them. It seems like we are not taking advantage of a great opportunity.

louisvilledawg
08-03-2016, 01:36 PM
I think you aren't very good at counting. more than 20% for sure.

love you, though. :)

Bama_Dawg
08-03-2016, 01:45 PM
Yeah, its much higher than 20% for sure.

What I would like to see is to yearly invite Guinness back and hand out arm bands for every fan that brings in a cowbell (subsequently take up armbands of people that leave). Then, at the end of the half, 5 minute before the Dawgs return to the field, we ring them for 5 minutes, setting a new record.

I like what they did last year with the mid-week thing, but do it on gameday. Try to break our own record each year.

spiral
08-03-2016, 01:46 PM
I think you aren't very good at counting. more than 20% for sure.

love you, though. :)

Ha. I agree probably more than that overall, and especially in big games.
I'm only talking about those around me within say ten or so rows. I'm in Section 4 near the bottom. I still say we do not have near the participation we should though.

Jack Lambert
08-03-2016, 01:50 PM
Even when we ring responsibly I think our cowbells give us an advantage. Why is it that more of our fans do not bring them to the games? I would guess around me only about 20% of the fans have a cowbell with them. It seems like we are not taking advantage of a great opportunity.

I think it's 20% don't have cow bells.

TNDawg35
08-03-2016, 02:43 PM
I think it's 20% don't have cow bells.

I agree. My 3 yr old even has one...

maroonmania
08-03-2016, 02:55 PM

We take advantage plenty. My gosh, I already know I getting a little more hearing damage every season and now you want to make it worse!

PassInterference
08-03-2016, 03:06 PM
I'll bring two.