PDA

View Full Version : We still do work around here...ITs COMING

I seen it dawg
08-03-2016, 08:27 AM
NCAA going at OM like a young Mike Tyson....NOA amendments..

And click an ad while you read here forwardrebs or elitereb or whatever you ****ing losers call yourself

ShotgunDawg
08-03-2016, 08:32 AM
Hopefully the NCAA got a tattoo on its face

Do you have any new info?

mic
08-03-2016, 08:42 AM

And click an ad while you read here forwardrebs or elitereb or whatever you ****ing losers call yourself

Win the day....

scottycameron
08-03-2016, 08:45 AM
I'm getting less and less enthusiastic. Need something to break. Mizzou just got their penalties and it was their self imposed only. I feel like I need a bump.

On a side note autocorrect just changed "less enthusiastic" up there to "lsu's enthusiastic". I had to go back and retype it over. WTF?

Maroons
08-03-2016, 08:48 AM

Confirmed that it's an amended NOA, not a separate one?

I assume an amendment pushes punishment back and makes it doled out at once (instead of two separate infractions hearings).

I seen it dawg
08-03-2016, 08:51 AM
Patience grasshoppers

lamont
08-03-2016, 08:54 AM
2017 will be the year

2016 is the Freezus Farewell Tour

Saltydog
08-03-2016, 09:19 AM
NT

msstate7
08-03-2016, 09:29 AM
NT

According to what the addendum says

TrapGame
08-03-2016, 09:33 AM
If the addendum tags on a few more Level 1 violations it's not gonna be so good.

spbdawg
08-03-2016, 09:37 AM
#

Coldsleeve Jr.
08-03-2016, 09:42 AM
The UNC amendment left out nearly everything from the original. I seriously doubt that happens in OM's case though. The NCAA has to be looking at OM to set a precedent, one way or the other. And I cant see the NCAA allowing OM's style of recruiting to become the norm.

confucius say
08-03-2016, 09:54 AM
I'm getting less and less enthusiastic. Need something to break. Mizzou just got their penalties and it was their self imposed only. I feel like I need a bump.

On a side note autocorrect just changed "less enthusiastic" up there to "lsu's enthusiastic". I had to go back and retype it over. WTF?

The NCAA added an additional year of probation to the self imposed. And mizzou self imposed a post season ban

starkvegasdawg
08-03-2016, 09:59 AM
2017 will be the year

2016 is the Freezus Farewell Tour

I just hate they get one more year on the house with their hired guns (no pun intended...well, yes it was) and technically another recruiting cycle to throw the benjamins around. I know recruiting for them has taken a slight hit so far, but I do not put it past them to really pull out all the stops closer to Feb. Especially if they know they are about to get bent over by the NCAA.

Liverpooldawg
08-03-2016, 10:03 AM
The NCAA added an additional year of probation to the self imposed. And mizzou self imposed a post season ban

They also vacated one or two season's wins.

Bubb Rubb
08-03-2016, 10:12 AM
I just hate they get one more year on the house with their hired guns (no pun intended...well, yes it was) and technically another recruiting cycle to throw the benjamins around. I know recruiting for them has taken a slight hit so far, but I do not put it past them to really pull out all the stops closer to Feb. Especially if they know they are about to get bent over by the NCAA.

I don't see it that way. Every season they play while under investigation is like being on probation. Yes, they will recruit, but it won't be at the level as before. They will be operating under a black cloud. It's like bonus probation years.

I seen it dawg
08-03-2016, 10:14 AM
And rebelbears y'all need to worry about more than leaks with the NCAA...

bdfan09
08-03-2016, 10:21 AM
And rebelbears y'all need to worry about more than leaks with the NCAA...

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv306/Blue218pics/Win/tyrion_zpsd5767575.gif (http://s694.photobucket.com/user/Blue218pics/media/Win/tyrion_zpsd5767575.gif.html)

Turfdawg67
08-03-2016, 10:23 AM
I don't see it that way. Every season they play while under investigation is like being on probation. Yes, they will recruit, but it won't be at the level as before. They will be operating under a black cloud. It's like bonus probation years.

That's BS. They've been under investigation for 3+ years and just hauled in a top 10 class last year... better than the 2013 class I believe. They'll pull out all stops to get one last top class.

Bubb Rubb
08-03-2016, 10:31 AM
That's BS. They've been under investigation for 3+ years and just hauled in a top 10 class last year... better than the 2013 class I believe. They'll pull out all stops to get one last top class.

Nobody knew they were under probation (the current staff, anyway) until earlier this year. Local press gave them air cover and they lied and denied. Now, it's common knowledge. It's going to be much more difficult for them because public opinion has swung and teams will use it against them in recruiting more and more.

GreenheadDawg
08-03-2016, 10:34 AM
NT

Doesn't matter if it's amended or a separate one. That's a moot point. They are ****ed either way

JoseBrown
08-03-2016, 10:43 AM

Good thing you caught it. You'd have gotten roasted over that one...

By the way, anyone know whatever happened to the article with the 3 former players/recruits quotes in it? Maybe I missed it, but don't recall seeing it. Thanks.

blacklistedbully
08-03-2016, 11:09 AM
I agree. It's only way they avoid repeat offender status for final set of allegations.

I could be wrong, but I don't think, "repeat offender status" can be in place unless or until they are put on probation. So, even though they have cheated multiple times over multiple years with multiple coaches and multiple sports, and even though they are probably getting hammered for new things that came out since the last NOA....since they have not yet been put on probation by the NCAA, they can't be hit with, "repeat offender".

I'd be very surprised if they could do so retroactively. A school has to know it's on probation before being a, "repeat offender" is even possible.

Bubb Rubb
08-03-2016, 11:17 AM
I could be wrong, but I don't think, "repeat offender status" can be in place unless or until they are put on probation. So, even though they have cheated multiple times over multiple years with multiple coaches and multiple sports, and even though they are probably getting hammered for new things that came out since the last NOA....since they have not yet been put on probation by the NCAA, they can;t be hot with, "repeat offender".

I'd be very surprised if they could do so retroactively. A school has to know it's on probation before being a, "repeat offender" is even possible.

I think the bigger issue could be potential infractions/allegations occurring or being uncovered while under an active investigation. That really blows away the "exemplary cooperation" narrative and could increase the severity of the sanctions.

Lumpy Chucklelips
08-03-2016, 11:19 AM
I take "amendments" as being the first NOA being amended as in they have found additional information regarding the already announced allegations. Didn't someone write a small book on here about the Inn at OM and its part in housing recruits and their families? Mentioned the booster from Memphis I believe as being a "donor" to help build the place and having first dibs on rooms, etc. Could that be additional info that they didn't have originally that would "amend" allegations in the first NOA?

I hope it takes 3 more years to put this thing to bed. The longer they look, the more they will find. Everybody is focusing on the 2013 class. What about the '14, '15 and '16 classes? Does anybody think they just CHEATED the one year and not the others? I can envision Freeze in one room meeting with the NCAA and acting all holier than thou and then walking across the hall to meet with his assistants talking about what they were doing to CHEAT with his current class.

I won't be satisfied until they run his ass out of town.

lamont
08-03-2016, 11:57 AM
Bubb hit it. They were able to hide the troubles before this past signing day. That's no longer the case

This is Freeze's last season as coach

lamont
08-03-2016, 11:57 AM
I take "amendments" as being the first NOA being amended as in they have found additional information regarding the already announced allegations. Didn't someone write a small book on here about the Inn at OM and its part in housing recruits and their families? Mentioned the booster from Memphis I believe as being a "donor" to help build the place and having first dibs on rooms, etc. Could that be additional info that they didn't have originally that would "amend" allegations in the first NOA?

I hope it takes 3 more years to put this thing to bed. The longer they look, the more they will find. Everybody is focusing on the 2013 class. What about the '14, '15 and '16 classes? Does anybody think they just CHEATED the one year and not the others? I can envision Freeze in one room meeting with the NCAA and acting all holier than thou and then walking across the hall to meet with his assistants talking about what they were doing to CHEAT with his current class.

I won't be satisfied until they run his ass out of town.

They 100% will have more charges added

Chip
08-03-2016, 12:18 PM
It's a good thing...for the lawyers in Birmingham. Additional fees.

bobtail bob
08-03-2016, 12:27 PM
but,but,but exemplary cooperation. Whatever the hell that means.....

RC3
08-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Just throwing out there that "amended" could mean that they amended some of the level 1s down to level 2 or whatever. Does not 100 percent mean to me that they have amended to include additional allegations, though this is more likely, if true

Bama_Dawg
08-03-2016, 12:45 PM
Just throwing out there that "amended" could mean that they amended some of the level 1s down to level 2 or whatever. Does not 100 percent mean to me that they have amended to include additional allegations, though this is more likely, if true

BINGO. Amended may mean that UNM has been negotiating the whole time on the original NOA. While I do think some more may be added due to the Draft Day saga, others may be reduced.

spbdawg
08-03-2016, 12:51 PM
#

StatesboroBlues
08-03-2016, 12:56 PM

If that is the case would it not be a situation that UM was denied the extension to the original NOA. If it was granted or not...I can not imagine the NCAA amending the NOA that quickly.

Bubb Rubb
08-03-2016, 12:57 PM

That's not what the word "amended" means.

MrKotter
08-03-2016, 12:58 PM
They aren't going to continue to investigate the Bears then amend the NOA to lesser infractions. That's just stupid ass om logic which makes zero sense. They, presently, are not negotiating one damn thing before they go before the committee.

msstate7
08-03-2016, 12:59 PM

Do they do that? You can be indicted for murder, but end up getting convicted of manslaughter. I know the courts aren't exactly like the NCAA infraction process, but it seems that a level 1 would just be reduced at the COI meeting, not amended on the NOA. I have no idea though

Liverpooldawg
08-03-2016, 01:04 PM

Very few other than MSU fans who are on the net knew much about the investigation up there. That's not the case now.

Really Clark?
08-03-2016, 01:07 PM
Never has an amended NOA be for reduced or increased Level's of infractions. That is done during the COI meetings because the school is DISPUTING the NOA in all or partial or the level of the infraction of a specific violation. Otherwise it would have went to Summary Disposition already.

RC3
08-03-2016, 01:21 PM
Do they do that? You can be indicted for murder, but end up getting convicted of manslaughter. I know the courts aren't exactly like the NCAA infraction process, but it seems that a level 1 would just be reduced at the COI meeting, not amended on the NOA. I have no idea though

you can also amend an indictment or charging document...Have no clue how the NCAA would work. I just know that ole miss was harping moths ago that they felt some of the allegations would be amended to level 2. just mentioning that there is at least a chance that is what has happened. I doubt it too though

BrunswickDawg
08-03-2016, 01:22 PM
Just listened to the Bondyard - and Steve was lighting OM up. The short story:
- NCAA is still interviewing
- had someone contact him this morning saying the NCAA had contacted them about interviewing
- the CL is either incredibly inept or complicit in the cover up
- more and more people are willing to talk to the NCAA who would not talk before
- The CL did not take him up on his offer to share names of boosters, but other media outlets have
- He says he is more confident then ever that they will be hammered. Called it a "stone cold lock"
- Believes this case will result in the defining case of "this generation"

Good stuff Rosebowl - keep fighting the good fight. We all hate them too!

RC3
08-03-2016, 01:22 PM
Never has an amended NOA be for reduced or increased Level's of infractions. That is done during the COI meetings because the school is DISPUTING the NOA in all or partial or the level of the infraction of a specific violation. Otherwise it would have went to Summary Disposition already.

that makes sense but I have not followed each and every ncaa investigation that has occurred over the years

Bama_Dawg
08-03-2016, 01:37 PM

I hate semantics sometimes. I think the word amend is wrong here. I think there will be an addendum. I agree amending shouldn't take place until the COI, and even then its negotiation. Addendum is, an addition to, something.

lamont
08-03-2016, 02:13 PM
Whatever word you want to use- more infractions are coming

Turfdawg67
08-03-2016, 04:49 PM
Nobody knew they were under probation (the current staff, anyway) until earlier this year. Local press gave them air cover and they lied and denied. Now, it's common knowledge. It's going to be much more difficult for them because public opinion has swung and teams will use it against them in recruiting more and more.

Maybe I misunderstood your post. I don't think anything will change from a booster standpoint, but from a recruits standpoint... yes, you are correct, it'll affect them.

Remember though, the were hammered back in '94 and Tubby and boosters "prevented" the doom and gloom years. How? They "rewarded" walk-ons with under the table benefits. Their boosters will not stop!

Bubb Rubb
08-03-2016, 05:04 PM
Maybe I misunderstood your post. I don't think anything will change from a booster standpoint, but from a recruits standpoint... yes, you are correct, it'll affect them.

Remember though, the were hammered back in '94 and Tubby and boosters "prevented" the doom and gloom years. How? They "rewarded" walk-ons with under the table benefits. Their boosters will not stop!

They also prevented doom and gloom seasons by playing spectacularly shitty schedules for a couple of years. Make no mistake, their program was in the crapper. Cut got them to mediocre, then Ogre took them back into the crapper. The level of success they've seen over the last couple of years is unprecedented for them - going back 50 years. There's going to be shady stuff - there always is. But it won't be at the level it was in 2013. With this cloud over them, I don't expect them to recruit well at all - maybe 30s or 40s - and that's with these almighty boosters you refer to.

It's gonna be okay.

Schultzy
08-03-2016, 05:12 PM
The expert on NCAA investigations attorney with experience defending allegations that Matt Wyatt interviewed said there is no negotiations between the two parties. Only NOA's, response to NOA's and Committee on Infrations hearing followed by penalties given.

Then a possible appeal which will be denied.

Bucky Dog
08-03-2016, 05:59 PM
Taco Bell

Todd4State
08-03-2016, 06:03 PM

Well to be clear:

The walk-ons that they rewarded in 1994 were guys like Matt Luke and Walker Jones who would have gone there anyway which allowed them to pool their money towards other recruits. Not very many people are going to agree to that. For that to work this time, they are going to have to hope and pray that Prep, JA, MRA, and a bunch of other private school kids are at least SEC caliber and are Ole Miss legacies. Odds of that happen are highly unlikely.

They won't be able to pay elite guys to walk on at least normally, meaning it's not a guy that's an Ole Miss legacy. The reason is because if you walk-on, you can't be listed with the recruiting class which is something that pretty much EVERY recruit wants to do. Especially when they see all of their friends being celebrated.

Also, 94 won't be as bad as what Ole Miss is about to get if I had to make an educated guess. I think this is going to be a LOT worse and last a lot longer. Ole Miss went on probation for three years after 94. I think they are going to be on probation for at least that long just off of the first NOA.

The other thing about 1994 is we had some things happen to us that helped them out as well. In 1994 we went to the Peach Bowl. In 1995 right in the middle of their probation we followed up 1994 with a 3-8 season including a loss to Louisiana Monroe and we lost the Egg Bowl. That helped Ole Miss's perception problem at the time in that they would be just as good as us or better once they got off of probation. As Bubb said- Ole Miss also padded their schedule with easy wins which helped their won/loss record. They played TWO I-AA teams in 1996 a year they went 5-6. Of course, they did that because they weren't going to a bowl anyway, so might as well get a couple of blow outs to improve the perception of them being good.

And as much as I love Jackie, having him around hurt us from the standpoint of he was a NCAA target. I say that because one thing Ole Miss did soon after they got on probation was come after us and we were indeed investigated ourselves around 1995 although our sanctions weren't anything like what they got. But having Jackie as a lightning rod allowed them to use that tactic to keep us down.

So, there are a lot of probable differences between the two situations. I think Ole Miss will be hit harder. I think our football program is a LOT more stable right now than it was in the 1990's and the perception of our program is a lot better, and we the NCAA doesn't want Dan's hide on a mantle.

That being said, the things that WE MUST do going forward as a program in the near future:

1. Enjoy their probation

2. We MUST continue to go to bowls and not have any bad losses.

3. We MUST beat their ass in the Egg Bowl in the interim. We can certainly weather a loss this year and maybe one other in a five year period, but starting in 2017 we need to go at least 4-1 from that point forward. That will give us the perception of being the dominant program.

4. We MUST be ready for Ole Miss to come after us after their sentence is dealt. We all see how vindictive they are as a fan base by attempting to get our alumni fired and etc. Doesn't matter that we didn't turn them in. We have to be ready to stand up for ourselves. Eyes on you Scott.

DancingRabbit
08-03-2016, 06:09 PM
It feels like something is about to drop. The rebel propoganda is leaking news that things look bleak.

I won't mention where this excerpt comes from ...

However, there have been few cases tried under the new penalty structure, which went into effect on Aug. 1, 2013, meaning there aren’t many prior cases to look to for precedent.

Ole Miss could also see its football program’s case tried at the highest possible level, said John G. Long, a lawyer who operates his own firm that handles NCAA cases in Austin, Texas.

“You’re talking about boosters, you’re talking about coaches, you’re talking about academic violations, you’re talking about assistants that are lying to the NCAA enforcement,” said Long, who isn’t part of Ole Miss’ case. “We’re not talking about a case here where there are some administrative mistakes and some kids were ineligible because they were in the wrong majors.

“I find it hard to believe that they’re going to say that it’s a Level I with mitigation. A win for Ole Miss would be if it’s processed as just a standard Level I on the penalty side. I think it’s very realistic that the Committee on Infractions will … see it as an aggravated case.”

Todd4State
08-03-2016, 06:09 PM
They also prevented doom and gloom seasons by playing spectacularly shitty schedules for a couple of years. Make no mistake, their program was in the crapper. Cut got them to mediocre, then Ogre took them back into the crapper. The level of success they've seen over the last couple of years is unprecedented for them - going back 50 years. There's going to be shady stuff - there always is. But it won't be at the level it was in 2013. With this cloud over them, I don't expect them to recruit well at all - maybe 30s or 40s - and that's with these almighty boosters you refer to.

It's gonna be okay.

To further your point- look at their class right now. And this is with "a full deck" as some of our fans have said. We have more 4 star guys than they do- and their top recruit is likely to flip to us.

Even if they do recruit well- look at USC. They still got top recruits and even with that and being in a lesser conference than the SEC they fell off quite a bit and their chief rival passed them in UCLA. What's going to happen with Ole Miss in the SEC? Probation is a bad thing. It destroys your depth and you automatically have holes on day one because you can't fill all of your holes with less than 25.

Turfdawg67
08-03-2016, 06:23 PM
Well to be clear:

The walk-ons that they rewarded in 1994 were guys like Matt Luke and Walker Jones who would have gone there anyway which allowed them to pool their money towards other recruits. Not very many people are going to agree to that. For that to work this time, they are going to have to hope and pray that Prep, JA, MRA, and a bunch of other private school kids are at least SEC caliber and are Ole Miss legacies. Odds of that happen are highly unlikely.

They won't be able to pay elite guys to walk on at least normally, meaning it's not a guy that's an Ole Miss legacy. The reason is because if you walk-on, you can't be listed with the recruiting class which is something that pretty much EVERY recruit wants to do. Especially when they see all of their friends being celebrated.

Also, 94 won't be as bad as what Ole Miss is about to get if I had to make an educated guess. I think this is going to be a LOT worse and last a lot longer. Ole Miss went on probation for three years after 94. I think they are going to be on probation for at least that long just off of the first NOA.

The other thing about 1994 is we had some things happen to us that helped them out as well. In 1994 we went to the Peach Bowl. In 1995 right in the middle of their probation we followed up 1994 with a 3-8 season including a loss to Louisiana Monroe and we lost the Egg Bowl. That helped Ole Miss's perception problem at the time in that they would be just as good as us or better once they got off of probation. As Bubb said- Ole Miss also padded their schedule with easy wins which helped their won/loss record. They played TWO I-AA teams in 1996 a year they went 5-6. Of course, they did that because they weren't going to a bowl anyway, so might as well get a couple of blow outs to improve the perception of them being good.

And as much as I love Jackie, having him around hurt us from the standpoint of he was a NCAA target. I say that because one thing Ole Miss did soon after they got on probation was come after us and we were indeed investigated ourselves around 1995 although our sanctions weren't anything like what they got. But having Jackie as a lightning rod allowed them to use that tactic to keep us down.

So, there are a lot of probable differences between the two situations. I think Ole Miss will be hit harder. I think our football program is a LOT more stable right now than it was in the 1990's and the perception of our program is a lot better, and we the NCAA doesn't want Dan's hide on a mantle.

That being said, the things that WE MUST do going forward as a program in the near future:

1. Enjoy their probation

3. We MUST beat their ass in the Egg Bowl in the interim. We can certainly weather a loss this year and maybe one other in a five year period, but starting in 2017 we need to go at least 4-1 from that point forward. That will give us the perception of being the dominant program.

4. We MUST be ready for Ole Miss to come after us after their sentence is dealt. We all see how vindictive they are as a fan base by attempting to get our alumni fired and etc. Doesn't matter that we didn't turn them in. We have to be ready to stand up for ourselves. Eyes on you Scott.

I appreciate the reply and I hope and pray y'all are right! I can remember the Tubby years and they piss me off! OM was supposed to go 5-6, 3-8 and then 17'n 1-10... instead the went 6-5, 8-4 and 7-5... including 2 wins against us and one against #10 LSU! Their schedule was easy, sure, but 3 cream puffs and then the sec slate was/is fairly normal. I hope y'all are right and they get hammered enough to cripple the program this time. AND, most importantly, we do the opposite this time and take advantage of it!

Todd4State
08-03-2016, 06:59 PM
I appreciate the reply and I hope and pray y'all are right! I can remember the Tubby years and they piss me off! OM was supposed to go 5-6, 3-8 and then 17'n 1-10... instead the went 6-5, 8-4 and 7-5... including 2 wins against us and one against #10 LSU! Their schedule was easy, sure, but 3 cream puffs and then the sec slate was/is fairly normal. I hope y'all are right and they get hammered enough to cripple the program this time. AND, most importantly, we do the opposite this time and take advantage of it!

That could have happened- but Ole Miss had some luck on their side around that time as well. Tuberville was an unknown at the time who turned out to be a really good coach. Can they do that again? Maybe because they are in the SEC. Odds are just as good that they could get a Croom. I think their reputation with the Network hurts them with regards to any coaching search because if you coach there you HAVE to use it and that puts your career on the line.

Eli also came along around that time and that helped them for a few years as well.

Also, as I said if we had continued to win on a 6-8 game a year trend at that time it would have been really difficult for them to overcome that.

But for clarity when Ole Miss went to the Liberty Bowl in 1992 and went 9-3 I believe. The next year probation hovered over them and they went 5-6. In 1994 their first year on probation they went 4-7. The next two years when they were on probation they went 6-5 and 5-6. And that was with some cream puff scheduling- multiple I-AA OOC games, Vandy every year. 1997 was their first year off of probation and for all intents and purposes a "dream season" for them. That could happen to any team at any point in time.

Yes, they won 8 games in 1998 but again probation came back to bite them because they only had one true scholarship QB on the roster and once Romaro Miller was injured against Georgia they had to start a walk-on and that led to the easiest road Egg Bowl win ever for us- plus they had to watch us celebrate the SEC West Title at their place. I was there and it was glorious!

But yes- on our end it's basically a matter of us taking care of business on our part.

Goldendawg
08-03-2016, 08:04 PM
Guys, right now they have 13 commits with an avg ranking of .8737, #25 in the nation, 11 in the SEC. We have 22 commits, avg ranking of .8585, 14 in the nation, 7 in the SEC, per 24/7. Rankings do not take into acct heart, background, upside, development, good coaching, program fit, etc. They may not be top 5 or 10 right now and it's a long way until Feb signing day, but I want them hammered or at least more real, bad news leaked that they can't even get a top 50 class in 2017. They will not be stopped otherwise, MHO.

ShotgunDawg
08-03-2016, 08:12 PM
I maybe wrong, but I believe the walk-on rule has changed. I'm not sure that a recruited player can be counted as a walk-on or else states like Georgia & Florida would be using the Hope and Bright Futures to get guys to walk on. If a player is offered a scholarship by another D1 school, I believe he counts against the 25 if he walks on

ShotgunDawg
08-03-2016, 08:13 PM
Guys, right now they have 13 commits with an avg ranking of .8737, #25 in the nation, 11 in the SEC. We have 22 commits, avg ranking of .8585, 14 in the nation, 7 in the SEC, per 24/7. Rankings do not take into acct heart, background, upside, development, good coaching, program fit, etc. They may not be top 5 or 10 right now and it's a long way until Feb signing day, but I want them hammered or at least more real, bad news leaked that they can't even get a top 50 class in 2017. They will not be stopped otherwise, MHO.

It's not totally accurate though because many of our recruits are way underrated and will be adjusted.

Turfdawg67
08-03-2016, 08:23 PM

I agree wholeheartedly! As I said on a different thread, if we win 8-9 games this year... and Mullen stays, of course, look out!! We are primed and ready. Saban & Miles are getting long in the tooth... It is our time!

DeviousDawg
08-03-2016, 08:37 PM
They are done. We know it, they know it, everyone knows it. It's over. The cracks are finally starting to show on the outside but the collapse will be the loudest in years. Just wait.

It really must suck for them. For years we have been saying they are cheating, they say we are crazy and that freeze is just a good Christian who wins over all the recruits moms. Freeze has had more moms commit than recruits. It really is sad that he preys on the poor's weaknesses and makes a kid choose a school that he might not have wanted to go to because he can't tell momma that she can't take the money.

It's going to really bad, I would guess somewhere in the middle of what I projected a few weeks ago. So many Ole Miss fans claimed that I was C34, or "DD34". I'm not, not even close, never even seen the guy. I'm just a guy who has the ability use my brain to point out obvious truths. The rebels hate the truth, but they have never had to accept a truth like the one that's about to be placed in their lap.

When you lie about lies and then try to cover it with another lie, you can find yourself in a little pickle. The only way out is the truth. Gonna be a long and enjoyable road, funny thing is they think that they are pulling into their driveway, but they are really just starting to pull out of it.

Some truths will soon be revealed. Truths that we have been screaming and they have been denying. They better buckle up, as they say, click it or ticket Mississippi.

ShotgunDawg
08-03-2016, 08:44 PM
They are done. We know it, they know it, everyone knows it. It's over. The cracks are finally starting to show on the outside but the collapse will be the loudest in years. Just wait.

It really must suck for them. For years we have been saying they are cheating, they say we are crazy and that freeze is just a good Christian who wins over all the recruits moms. Freeze has had more moms commit than recruits. It really is sad that he preys on the poor's weaknesses and makes a kid choose a school that he might not have wanted to go to because he can't tell momma that she can't take the money.

It's going to really bad, I would guess somewhere in the middle of what I projected a few weeks ago. So many Ole Miss fans claimed that I was C34, or "DD34". I'm not, not even close, never even seen the guy. I'm just a guy who has the ability use my brain to point out obvious truths. The rebels hate the truth, but they have never had to accept a truth like the one that's about to be placed in their lap.

When you lie about lies and then try to cover it with another lie, you can find yourself in a little pickle. The only way out is the truth. Gonna be a long and enjoyable road, funny thing is they think that they are pulling into their driveway, but they are really just starting to pull out of it.

Some truths will soon be revealed. Truths that we have been screaming and they have been denying. They better buckle up, as they say, click it or ticket Mississippi.

What did you project a few weeks ago?

What is the time frame before another truth comes out?

tireddawg
08-03-2016, 09:11 PM
🔨 🔨 🔨 🔨 🔨 🔨

Todd4State
08-03-2016, 09:21 PM
I maybe wrong, but I believe the walk-on rule has changed. I'm not sure that a recruited player can be counted as a walk-on or else states like Georgia & Florida would be using the Hope and Bright Futures to get guys to walk on. If a player is offered a scholarship by another D1 school, I believe he counts against the 25 if he walks on

If I'm not mistaken you can't have walk-ons in football also be on some other kind of aid. That's because of people like Vaught giving out swimming scholarships to football players. I'm not sure about the part about a player being offered a D-I scholarship at another school being correct. That would actually kind of surprise me to be honest with you.

If Louisiana-Monroe offered me a football scholarship but I really wanted to go to MSU and was willing to walk-on, I don't see why they would penalize MSU and me.

Todd4State
08-03-2016, 09:24 PM

If you compare their class this year to their class right now, it's very obvious that they have been affected by the allegations. I don't know where Ole Miss will end up- but I doubt they will finish up like last year.

Todd4State
08-03-2016, 09:26 PM
It's not totally accurate though because many of our recruits are way underrated and will be adjusted.

Austin Williams, Landon Guidry, Cordavien Suggs, Aaron Odom and Tyler Williams all should be four star guys.

confucius say
08-03-2016, 09:43 PM
Well to be clear:

1. Enjoy their probation

To add, in 94 bama, Lsu, and auburn were not what they are now.

Westdawg
08-03-2016, 09:50 PM
If I'm not mistaken you can't have walk-ons in football also be on some other kind of aid. That's because of people like Vaught giving out swimming scholarships to football players. I'm not sure about the part about a player being offered a D-I scholarship at another school being correct. That would actually kind of surprise me to be honest with you.

If Louisiana-Monroe offered me a football scholarship but I really wanted to go to MSU and was willing to walk-on, I don't see why they would penalize MSU and me.

Here's the thing, if you are ever recruited at all by the university and attend camps, make official visits etc, you cannot choose to walk -on, that university MUST offer you the scholarship because the university made a concerted effort to gain your NLOI. So, if OM now tries to do this, they are gonna have to pay kids and fams for a LONG TIME and keep them from entertaining any other offers or try to gain recognition for their talents on the field. The NCAA made major changes years ago to close this loophole.

Todd4State
08-03-2016, 10:00 PM
To add, in 94 bama, Lsu, and auburn were not what they are now.

True although 1994 Alabama was about as good as they are now. They definitely started to decline some. 1994 Auburn was very good too- probation caught up to them around 1997-1998. LSU was a 4-7 team at that time. As you know it runs in cycles. By the late 90's we were the best team in the West.

Todd4State
08-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Here's the thing, if you are ever recruited at all by the university and attend camps, make official visits etc, you cannot choose to walk -on, that university MUST offer you the scholarship because the university made a concerted effort to gain your NLOI. So, if OM now tries to do this, they are gonna have to pay kids and fams for a LONG TIME and keep them from entertaining any other offers or try to gain recognition for their talents on the field. The NCAA made major changes years ago to close this loophole.

Interesting. But you are correct in that recruits won't play along with Ole Miss on that. I think the misconception was forming that Ole Miss was throwing money at big time recruits and they were walking on. That wasn't really the case. It was just legacies that were doing that and there were only a few of them that did it.

Turfdawg67
08-03-2016, 10:19 PM
What did you project a few weeks ago?

What is the time frame before another truth comes out?

C'mon SGdawg, DD listed out all the infractions, the possible sanctions and it was beautiful. I wish I knew how to link it, but alas I don't. What is troubling is that Devious thinks that the sanctions will be somehow less than that.

Dawgowar
08-04-2016, 05:14 AM
Nobody knows what the penalties are period. Administratively impossible at this point. The COI will form a group, they will meet, and decisions will be made. Until that happens, it's all individual speculation. Good or bad.

Simple breakdown here. There are three levels of severity for charges. If UNM gets 'Aggravated' they are beyond f'd. If not, they may get hit but they will escape like cockroaches.

It's playing out just fine. They are having to accept the reality of it. If their egos tell them to keep throwing cash at recruits this fall it will get even more entertaining. They are being watched. It's not the 90's anymore. People see what they are doing and have the means to report it. Enjoy this. Every stinking moment of it.

Schultzy
08-04-2016, 07:35 AM
Family Member 1?s financial statements, which he provided to the enforcement staff in
August 2015, also support the allegation.**On August 22, 2014, the day after Individual 7 flew to
Oxford, Family Member 1 opened a Wal‐Mart account associated with a prepaid checking card.**
(See FI No. 68.)* *Upon opening the account, Family Member 1 deposited $500.* *(Id.)* * Family
Member 1 claims that he used the $800 payment from Individual 7 to fund this account.**(FI No.
77, 8/26/15 Interview Transcript of Family Member 1, at 14‐16.)* * Family Member 1 did not
make any large withdrawals from or deposits into his other accounts that might explain how he
funded the Wal‐Mart prepaid account, and his financial records establish that he did not have
enough money in his accounts at that time to fund the prepaid card.**(See FI Nos. 62 and 63.)***
During his interview, Individual 7 denied that he had ever given or wired money to
Family Member 1.18**(FI No. 77, 8/27/15 Interview Transcript of Individual 7, at 29‐30 and 42.)**
When asked about Family Member 1?s allegation and the text message exchanges, however,
Individual 7 was unable to explain the text messages or what the term ?package? meant.**
Individual 7 stated that he did not remember the text message and did not remember ever
meeting Family Member 1 on a Thursday.**(Id. at 35‐36 and 46.)**
Based upon the available information and the absence of another plausible explanation,
the University agrees the weight of the information supports a finding that Individual 7
provided payment of at least $500 to Family Member 1.19** The University has accordingly

This is a snippet from page 25 in the response and they go on to admit to being guilty of it as they do almost everything else alleged as well.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-04-2016, 07:41 AM
C'mon SGdawg, DD listed out all the infractions, the possible sanctions and it was beautiful. I wish I knew how to link it, but alas I don't. What is troubling is that Devious thinks that the sanctions will be somehow less than that.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?45956-Newest-on-Freezus/page3

Towards the bottom of the page:

"When you really look into the NOA and compare it to previous NCAA investigations, Ole Miss's self imposed sanctions are a joke. The actual sanctions should atleast double the self imposed sanctions.

When looking through the NOA, it really breaks into 4 parts, the Tunsil stuff (allegations 1-4), the Kiffin stuff (alegations 5-7), the Walter Hughes stuff (allegation 8) and the ACT stuff (allegations 10-13). Allegation 9 was a BS level III violation involving recruiting videos. The fairest way to estimate OM's sanctions would be to treat each of the 4 parts as separate investigations and add the results from each.

Part 1: Tunsil

We can compare Tunsil's allegations to our own with Redmond. We gave Redmond a $2500 discount on a vehicle. We got 4 schollies over 2 years and 2 year probation, Mirando recieved a 1 year show cause. It should also be considered that we self reported all of this and cooperately fully with the NCAA who accepted our self imposed sanctions

Ole Miss is accused of giving Tunsil $7,495 worth of free car loans in allegation #1. Allegation #2 is really just an extension of #1, it says that after Tunsil was caught using free cars, he did it again, and Ole Miss failed to monitor whether he was continuing to do it. This isn't good for them because while #2 is only a level II violation, it will most certainly make #1 become an aggravated Level I violation. Allegation #3 is a booster giving Miller $800. #4 involves free lodging and stuff for tunsils family worth $2,253. So that's a total of $10,548 worth of inducements to Tunsil and fam as well as a failure to monitor.

When compared to our 4 schollies and 2 years of probation, OM's allegations 1-4 should be worth atleast double but probably triple what we got for Redmonds stuff.

Conservative guess for allegations 1-4:

8-12 scholarships
3 years probation
1 year bowl ban

Part 2: Kiffin

These allegations aren't too serious. There were 2 level III allegations, one for talking to a recruit during spring evaluation period, one for letting a recruit stay at his house. There was also one level II allegation which involved Kiffin setting up lodging, transportation and meals for family friends of a recruit, the monitary total of the inducements was worth $1027.

Conservative guess for allegation 5-7:

1-2 scholarships
possible 1 year show cause for Kiffin but most likely a suspension of some sort.

Part 3: Walter Hughes

This one could go so many different ways. There are 16 sub violations in the Level I allegation #8. All involve Walter Hughes and recruiting inducements. Three assistant coaches (Harris, Kiffin, and Matt Luke) and Hugh Freeze are listed in this allegation. All are said to have been contacted by Hughes while knowingly committing NCAA recruiting violations. So throw ignorance on OM's part of the window for this violation, which is never good.

The total monitary value for allegation #8 was $2,250. It involved 4 current coaches, 3 recruits and one booster. If we got 4 scholarships for $2,500 worth of inducements to Redmond, involving 1 coach, 1 recruit and 1 booster with exemplary cooperation on our part, then you would have to put the lowest amount of scholarships docked for this allegation at 4.

Conservative guess for allegation 8:

4-8 scholarships
1-2 years probation
2 year show cause for Maurice Harris

Part 4: ACT scandal

Let's compare this to ULL's case, they are actually very similar. ULL had 4 level I violations, so did OM. The first one for each schools was about fixing ACT scores. ULL's involved one coach and 6 recruits. OM's involved 3 coaches and 3 recruits, one of which is still on staff in Derrick Nix, who put the recruits families in contact with Saunders and the Crager(sp?) lady to recieve free lodging, transportation and meals, similiar to Mirando's case. The second allegations for both schools involved improper inducements to recruits. ULL's was worth $6,500 while OM's was worth $1650. The last 2 allegations for both schools involved coaches lying to the NCAA during investigations, just Saunders for ULL; Saunders and Vaughn for OM.

The NCAA stated that ULL recieved the lowest possible penalties for their violations(11 scholarships over 3 years and 2 years of probation) because the University was unaware of Saunders actions and acted swiftly to fire him and self report as well as cooperate fully with the NCAA. Well, Ole Miss can't really say the same because Nix is STILL ON STAFF. There's a reason Ole Miss is fighting Nix's involvement, but they aren't going to win it. All of this leads me to believe that, if ULL recieved the lowest possible penalties that OM would atleast have to get 11 schollies for the ACT allegations.

Conservative guess for allegations 10-13:

11-14 scholarships
1-2 year show cause for Nix
8 year show cause for Vaughn
1 year bowl ban

Adding all 4 parts together for a final estimate:

24-36 scholarships
4 years of probation
2 year bowl ban
Show Causes for: Nix and Harris
Suspensions for: Kiffin, Freeze, and Matt Luke

Seems harsh, but when you really break it down into it's components I think that is a well educated and fair estimate."

Jack Lambert
08-04-2016, 07:46 AM

They better start their recruiting has fallen off.

Political Hack
08-04-2016, 10:42 AM
http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?45956-Newest-on-Freezus/page3

Towards the bottom of the page:

"When you really look into the NOA and compare it to previous NCAA investigations, Ole Miss's self imposed sanctions are a joke. The actual sanctions should atleast double the self imposed sanctions.

When looking through the NOA, it really breaks into 4 parts, the Tunsil stuff (allegations 1-4), the Kiffin stuff (alegations 5-7), the Walter Hughes stuff (allegation 8) and the ACT stuff (allegations 10-13). Allegation 9 was a BS level III violation involving recruiting videos. The fairest way to estimate OM's sanctions would be to treat each of the 4 parts as separate investigations and add the results from each.

Part 1: Tunsil

We can compare Tunsil's allegations to our own with Redmond. We gave Redmond a $2500 discount on a vehicle. We got 4 schollies over 2 years and 2 year probation, Mirando recieved a 1 year show cause. It should also be considered that we self reported all of this and cooperately fully with the NCAA who accepted our self imposed sanctions

Ole Miss is accused of giving Tunsil $7,495 worth of free car loans in allegation #1. Allegation #2 is really just an extension of #1, it says that after Tunsil was caught using free cars, he did it again, and Ole Miss failed to monitor whether he was continuing to do it. This isn't good for them because while #2 is only a level II violation, it will most certainly make #1 become an aggravated Level I violation. Allegation #3 is a booster giving Miller $800. #4 involves free lodging and stuff for tunsils family worth $2,253. So that's a total of $10,548 worth of inducements to Tunsil and fam as well as a failure to monitor.

When compared to our 4 schollies and 2 years of probation, OM's allegations 1-4 should be worth atleast double but probably triple what we got for Redmonds stuff.

Conservative guess for allegations 1-4:

8-12 scholarships
3 years probation
1 year bowl ban

Part 2: Kiffin

These allegations aren't too serious. There were 2 level III allegations, one for talking to a recruit during spring evaluation period, one for letting a recruit stay at his house. There was also one level II allegation which involved Kiffin setting up lodging, transportation and meals for family friends of a recruit, the monitary total of the inducements was worth $1027.

Conservative guess for allegation 5-7:

1-2 scholarships
possible 1 year show cause for Kiffin but most likely a suspension of some sort.

Part 3: Walter Hughes

This one could go so many different ways. There are 16 sub violations in the Level I allegation #8. All involve Walter Hughes and recruiting inducements. Three assistant coaches (Harris, Kiffin, and Matt Luke) and Hugh Freeze are listed in this allegation. All are said to have been contacted by Hughes while knowingly committing NCAA recruiting violations. So throw ignorance on OM's part of the window for this violation, which is never good.

The total monitary value for allegation #8 was $2,250. It involved 4 current coaches, 3 recruits and one booster. If we got 4 scholarships for $2,500 worth of inducements to Redmond, involving 1 coach, 1 recruit and 1 booster with exemplary cooperation on our part, then you would have to put the lowest amount of scholarships docked for this allegation at 4.

Conservative guess for allegation 8:

4-8 scholarships
1-2 years probation
2 year show cause for Maurice Harris

Part 4: ACT scandal

Let's compare this to ULL's case, they are actually very similar. ULL had 4 level I violations, so did OM. The first one for each schools was about fixing ACT scores. ULL's involved one coach and 6 recruits. OM's involved 3 coaches and 3 recruits, one of which is still on staff in Derrick Nix, who put the recruits families in contact with Saunders and the Crager(sp?) lady to recieve free lodging, transportation and meals, similiar to Mirando's case. The second allegations for both schools involved improper inducements to recruits. ULL's was worth $6,500 while OM's was worth $1650. The last 2 allegations for both schools involved coaches lying to the NCAA during investigations, just Saunders for ULL; Saunders and Vaughn for OM.

The NCAA stated that ULL recieved the lowest possible penalties for their violations(11 scholarships over 3 years and 2 years of probation) because the University was unaware of Saunders actions and acted swiftly to fire him and self report as well as cooperate fully with the NCAA. Well, Ole Miss can't really say the same because Nix is STILL ON STAFF. There's a reason Ole Miss is fighting Nix's involvement, but they aren't going to win it. All of this leads me to believe that, if ULL recieved the lowest possible penalties that OM would atleast have to get 11 schollies for the ACT allegations.

Conservative guess for allegations 10-13:

11-14 scholarships
1-2 year show cause for Nix
8 year show cause for Vaughn
1 year bowl ban

Adding all 4 parts together for a final estimate:

24-36 scholarships
4 years of probation
2 year bowl ban
Show Causes for: Nix and Harris
Suspensions for: Kiffin, Freeze, and Matt Luke

Seems harsh, but when you really break it down into it's components I think that is a well educated and fair estimate."

When you add it up it's almost death penalty level sanctions. I don't think the NCAA will be able to add it up like that. It would kill their program. I'm not sure how it'll be handled because it's unprecedented. I think I saw somewhere that there's never been this many allegations in a single investigation.

PassInterference
08-04-2016, 11:00 AM
I tend to agree. If they got all they deserved, it would destroy the program. I think they'll get hard. I think they'll feel it for years. But I don't see them becoming Vanderbilt.

mic
08-04-2016, 11:06 AM
Austin Williams, Landon Guidry, Cordavien Suggs, Aaron Odom and Tyler Williams all should be four star guys.

Agree. 1 or 2 may get there before end of season..

Bubb Rubb
08-04-2016, 11:06 AM
I tend to agree. If they got all they deserved, it would destroy the program. I think they'll get hard. I think they'll feel it for years. But I don't see them becoming Vanderbilt.

In my opinion, there's never an excuse for anyone in the SEC not name Vandy and Kentucky to have a losing record. 4-0 or 3-1 non-conference and 2-6 or 3-5 in conference should be attainable. In that sense, I agree with you....Ole Miss should be going to a bowl most years. Make no mistake, though....if they get hard, Vandy will jump ahead of them for a few years.

Goldendawg
08-04-2016, 07:54 PM
Don't forget Redmond lost about 1 and a half years in playing time. Could any of their players be punished for taking illegal inducements?

msujan
08-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Surely the ACT fraud constitutes a federal crime if the test results provide eligibility for the student, who then got federal financial assistance to go to school.