PDA

View Full Version : It's that time of year

lamont
08-03-2016, 07:16 AM
And everyone is pumped up for the season. But I will remind you guys (and ladies that are here) of one thing. All this defensive excitement I'm seeing was here last year also because "Manny was returning". "It's the end of the bend but don't break". Our defense was awful last year.

We are a team without a QB, questionable offensive line, a midget for a TB, poor CB's until proven differently, and other questions on D. Those questions may get answered, but until then, we are a wait-and-see team that is predicted to be one worst in the SEC. To act like SC or Auburn is a sure win at this point is ridiculous.

ILOATHEBears
08-03-2016, 07:27 AM
And everyone is pumped up for the season. But I will remind you guys (and ladies that are here) of one thing. All this defensive excitement I'm seeing was here last year also because "Manny was returning". "It's the end of the bend but don't break". Our defense was awful last year.

We are a team without a QB, questionable offensive line, a midget for a TB, poor CB's until proven differently, and other questions on D. Those questions may get answered, but until then, we are a wait-and-see team that is predicted to be one worst in the SEC. To act like SC or Auburn is a sure win at this point is ridiculous.

No need for the doom and gloom. Most on here think this team is a 6-8 win team. We have talent on the roster it's just not proven. Thankfully we have winnable games at DWS SO there is hope for optimism

starkvegasdawg
08-03-2016, 07:37 AM
Here are my thoughts on the season. Take them for what they are worth.

South Alabama - W
USCe - W
@LSU - L
@UMass - W
Auburn - Toss Up
@BYU - W
@UK - W
Samford - W
A&M - Toss Up
@Alabama - L
Arkansas - W
@TSUN - Toss Up**

The ** for the TSUN game will depend on what, if any, sanctions have been levied or strongly suspected and they packed up their tent and went home. If they sill have something to play for they probably win that game, especially since it is in Oxford.

I don't think USCe is going to be very good and we pull that one out at home.
Arkansas could be improved but I think will still be one dimensional even more so this year and we have the guys up front to stop the run.

I think we may win one of the toss ups and we may lose one of the ones I have pencilled in as a win. I don't see us winning any of the ones I have pencilled in as a loss so I am offically saying we go 7-5 and a spot in the Music City Bowl assuming we avoid any major injuries.

Really Clark?
08-03-2016, 07:41 AM

Hasn't the predictions nearly every year for Mullen been at the bottom of the SEC? What makes this year any different? I guess one of these years the preseason "reality check" post telling everyone to cool their excitement and pointing out why we will be a terrible team will finally come to fruition. It may happen this year. But these "I am the voice of reason to bring clarity to you ridiculous overexcited positive fans" negative posts have a poor track record of being correct for several years now. Maybe your view should be the wait and see approach. If for no other reason than the fans SHOULD BE EXCiTED FOR ANOTHER SEASON OF FOOTBALL!!

TrapGame
08-03-2016, 07:46 AM

If we can't beat SC in DWS with their new idiot coach and a bare cupboard thanks to Spurrier then we do suck.

lamont
08-03-2016, 08:13 AM
Hasn't the predictions nearly every year for Mullen been at the bottom of the SEC? What makes this year any different? I guess one of these years the preseason "reality check" post telling everyone to cool their excitement and pointing out why we will be a terrible team will finally come to fruition. It may happen this year. But these "I am the voice of reason to bring clarity to you ridiculous overexcited positive fans" negative posts have a poor track record of being correct for several years now. Maybe your view should be the wait and see approach. If for no other reason than the fans SHOULD BE EXCiTED FOR ANOTHER SEASON OF FOOTBALL!!

We had some 4th place predictions and have been labeled as a surprise team. These last 2 seasons are the first time we've been predicted last since 2009

Political Hack
08-03-2016, 08:25 AM
I'm more concerned about @UK than SC at home. Auburn is always a toss up game for us. So is Arky.

ShotgunDawg
08-03-2016, 08:29 AM

Dumb post. Nobody is saying 10 wins. I've yet to see some one predict over 9. Most everyone I've seen is predicting 6-9 wins. So what's the problem?

I think the start of camp and rosters being released has made people realize that we have more talent and experience on this team than we are given credit for. What's wrong wit that ?

Really Clark?
08-03-2016, 08:38 AM
We had some 4th place predictions and have been labeled as a surprise team. These last 2 seasons are the first time we've been predicted last since 2009

Yeah forgot that the 5th place predictions means we are top half of the league.

I seen it dawg
08-03-2016, 08:43 AM
We are gonna treat South Carolina like the NCAA is about to treat OM

fishwater99
08-03-2016, 08:43 AM
Here are my thoughts on the season.

South Alabama - W
USCe - W
@LSU - L
@UMass - W
Auburn - Toss Up
@BYU - W (Toss Up)
@UK - W (Toss Up)
Samford - W
A&M - Toss Up
@Alabama - L
Arkansas - W (Toss UP)
@TSUN - Toss Up** (Loss)

I think we may win one of the toss ups and we may lose one of the ones I have pencilled in as a win. I don't see us winning any of the ones I have pencilled in as a loss so I am offically saying we go 7-5 and a spot in the Music City Bowl assuming we avoid any major injuries.

I think you are a little too optimistic..

mic
08-03-2016, 08:45 AM

Read more and post less. Trust me the board would a much better place for you and the rest of us..

TrapGame
08-03-2016, 08:46 AM
I'm more concerned about @UK than SC at home. Auburn is always a toss up game for us. So is Arky.

Funny thing about UK is they could very well be 1-5 or 2-4 when they play us.

I seen it dawg
08-03-2016, 08:47 AM
Read more and post less. Trust me the board would a much better place for you and the rest of us..

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

lamont
08-03-2016, 08:47 AM
Dumb post. Nobody is saying 10 wins. I've yet to see some one predict over 9. Most everyone I've seen is predicting 6-9 wins. So what's the problem ?

This team couldn't win 9 games with a 15 game schedule

mic
08-03-2016, 08:49 AM

We will win more games this year than good post you have had and your at post 70 now..

scottycameron
08-03-2016, 08:51 AM

If you are changing his predictions, change Auburn to a win. It looks pretty accurate then.

TrapGame
08-03-2016, 08:51 AM
We are gonna treat South Carolina like the NCAA is about to treat OM

If SC scores more than 10 points I'll be impressed. But I doubt very seriously Boom has an offense capable of that.

LC Dawg
08-03-2016, 08:52 AM

Why start a pump the brakes thread on the morning of day 2 of fall practice?

msstate7
08-03-2016, 09:00 AM
Auburn is the key game. We'll almost certainly enter that game 3-1. If we beat auburn, 7-1 is very likely with aTm and Arkansas at home to close out. I don't like our chances at lsu and bama. I would bet against us at om right now also

msstate7
08-03-2016, 09:06 AM
I did like seeing rankin 1st string LT yesterday. Who knows if he'll be the starter there game 1, but it is encouraging. Rankin has the talent to anchor our left side

Dawg61
08-03-2016, 09:18 AM

You aren't going to make it to post 100. You're seriously underestimating what Mullen has been able to implement into this program after 8 years. We are a well oiled machine at this point. We will win 8+ games this year.

TrapGame
08-03-2016, 09:19 AM
Auburn is the key game. We'll almost certainly enter that game 3-1. If we beat auburn, 7-1 is very likely with aTm and Arkansas at home to close out. I don't like our chances at lsu and bama. I would bet against us at om right now also

Very reasonable. I see A&M, Bama, LSU and OM as our losses at this point in time. If we happen to beat A&M or OM and finish 9-3 that would be a phenomenal year for a new QB and defensive scheme.

ShotgunDawg
08-03-2016, 09:30 AM

Your either a Rebel or a dumbass. Not sure which one.

TrapGame
08-03-2016, 09:31 AM

No, he can be both.

Really Clark?
08-03-2016, 09:31 AM

Could be both

Jack Lambert
08-03-2016, 09:38 AM
I always worry about KY. Even though mullen has never lost to KY they seem to always be on the cuffs of a good team. I think they got talent but Stoops isn't the man for the job.

confucius say
08-03-2016, 10:27 AM

Yep, 4-3 with five toss ups

RiverCityDawg
08-03-2016, 10:36 AM

I think he's Coach34.

Taog Redloh
08-03-2016, 10:38 AM
Textbook concern troll.

DancingRabbit
08-03-2016, 10:50 AM
I think he's Coach34.

https://t4.ftcdn.net/jpg/00/47/91/49/240_F_47914980_0LrjhHsruvgxvHiehDs2Zf1kuO6R7Mdy.jp g

Commercecomet24
08-03-2016, 11:24 AM

Post of the year!!!

blacklistedbully
08-03-2016, 11:25 AM

South Alabama - W
USCe - W
@LSU - L
@UMass - W
Auburn - Toss Up
@BYU - W
@UK - W
Samford - W
A&M - Toss Up
@Alabama - L
Arkansas - W
@TSUN - Toss Up**

The ** for the TSUN game will depend on what, if any, sanctions have been levied or strongly suspected and they packed up their tent and went home. If they sill have something to play for they probably win that game, especially since it is in Oxford.

Arkansas could be improved but I think will still be one dimensional even more so this year and we have the guys up front to stop the run.

Why would you have us winning just 1 of 3 toss-ups and count us losing one of your expected, "w's"? One would think, with 7 W's and 3 tossups, your expectation would be more like 8-9 wins regular season. I figure it makes sense to balance out an unexpected loss with an unexpected win, or at least an additional toss-up win.

Just my opinion, of course.

ETA - I suspect the BYU game will come down to whether we get shafted again by their refs. They are over-the-top cheaters. Anybody know if we get to take our officials to the game? If not, I believe it will be either B12, MWC or a coalition.

We have been shafted badly by BYU in the past. Would hate to see it again, and wish would would never have scheduled those guys.

starkvegasdawg
08-03-2016, 11:32 AM
Why would you have us winning just 1 of 3 toss-ups and count us losing one of your expected, "w's"? One would think, with 7 W's and 3 tossups, your expectation would be more like 8-9 wins regular season. I figure it makes sense to balance out an unexpected loss with an unexpected win, or at least an additional toss-up win.

Just my opinion, of course.

I did that thinking there is a real chance we lose one of the one's I have pegged as a W but win one of the ones I have as a toss up. For example, I could see us beating Auburn but then losing to Arkansas. I just think when it all plays out 7-5 is where we will be. 8-4 would not surprise as neither would 6-6.

WPS
08-03-2016, 11:39 AM

Could be this year but last year's team wasn't one-dimensional at all

blacklistedbully
08-03-2016, 11:40 AM
Why start a pump the brakes thread on the morning of day 2 of fall practice?

Smells like bear-shit.

starkvegasdawg
08-03-2016, 11:51 AM
Could be this year but last year's team wasn't one-dimensional at all

Yeah, I thought I remembered reading Arkansas lost a lot of their receviers, that TE we seemingly couldn't cover even if we had 5 guys on him, and I'm thinking your QB. It was under those assumptions I was making my claim of one dimensional. If I was wrong on any of that (It's happened before. Last time was back in 1986 I think), then maybe not so one dimensional.

msbulldog
08-03-2016, 12:56 PM

South Alabama - W
USCe - W
@LSU - L
@UMass - W
Auburn - Toss Up
@BYU - W
@UK - W
Samford - W
A&M - Toss Up
@Alabama - L
Arkansas - W
@TSUN - Toss Up**

If Mississippi has a terrible year and gives up at the end of September, they will still show up for the Egg Bowl.

HancockCountyDog
08-03-2016, 01:19 PM

Time to put up or shut up. Bovada has our W/L total at 9.5 so have at it.

msstate7
08-03-2016, 01:21 PM

Wow... 9.5? That seems high. I like us to win 8, but 10 seems a little high

BrunswickDawg
08-03-2016, 01:25 PM
They confused us with OM.***

WPS
08-03-2016, 03:49 PM
Yeah, I thought I remembered reading Arkansas lost a lot of their receviers, that TE we seemingly couldn't cover even if we had 5 guys on him, and I'm thinking your QB. It was under those assumptions I was making my claim of one dimensional. If I was wrong on any of that (It's happened before. Last time was back in 1986 I think), then maybe not so one dimensional.

All of the receivers are back but we lost the QB, RB, TE and 3 OL. Still a lot to replace. The OL might be the most concerning spot on the offense.