PDA

View Full Version : Ok. Padgett had Tommy John surgery today. Didn't someone wlse

whosyourdawgy
08-02-2016, 04:00 PM
Get hurt this summer pitching and may have to have surgery or am I wrong? Can't remember

Taog Redloh
08-02-2016, 04:02 PM
Noah Hughes had it during the season. Small left summer ball with soreness. Pilkington left after he pitched the max number of innings. Ford had TJ last November. Also, Gray Fenter I believe had the surgery too.

maroonmania
08-02-2016, 04:03 PM
There was a thread on here about Ethan Small needing TJ surgery as well. Don't know it was ever verified but that was the info.

ETDawg
08-02-2016, 04:29 PM
Had Fenter made it to campus, there would have been 4 of the Freshman class that have had TJ surgery....unreal!!!

IMO, it is not because of MSU (and also not because these pitchers are pitching 12 months out of a year, contrary to what some people will say). These pitchers, at their level, don't normally pitch that many months.

Homedawg
08-02-2016, 05:17 PM
There was a thread on here about Ethan Small needing TJ surgery as well. Don't know it was ever verified but that was the info.

Small has not has surgery at this point. They are trying to let it heal through rest. His is an elbow issue too though.

msbulldog
08-02-2016, 06:37 PM
Pray for all these guys!

maroonmania
08-03-2016, 09:55 AM
Had Fenter made it to campus, there would have been 4 of the Freshman class that have had TJ surgery....unreal!!!

IMO, it is not because of MSU (and also not because these pitchers are pitching 12 months out of a year, contrary to what some people will say). These pitchers, at their level, don't normally pitch that many months.

Well, not sure how most colleges do it (I know you have the ones like Arizona) but our pitchers, at least the starters, rarely pitch with any less than 6 complete days of rest. That's much more than you get in pro ball.