PDA

View Full Version : Rumor alert

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2016, 06:05 PM
I have no insight, but there is a poster in another board that's says the 2nd NOA is coming on Tuesday or Wednesday this week and Freeze is expected to recieve a 4 game suspension.

That's the rumor, but my personal opinion is: how could anyone know if Freeze is getting a suspension or not if the COI has yet to meet or hear their case?

Dawgface
07-30-2016, 06:10 PM
Nothing like a good rumor. Maybe OM is going to self impose a 4 game suspension. Trying to head off a show cause.

msstate7
07-30-2016, 06:13 PM
Nothing like a good rumor. Maybe OM is going to self impose a 4 game suspension. Trying to head off a show cause.

I doubt that. First 4 games... Fsu, wofford, Georgia, and bama. Suspension for HC by NCAA requires HC to miss practice time also

Dawgface
07-30-2016, 06:16 PM
I doubt that. First 4 games... Fsu, wofford, Georgia, and bama. Suspension for HC by NCAA requires HC to miss practice time also

True that, but if the 2nd NOA is really bad.....who knows. Let's just hope the 2nd letter rocks their world. ;)

BulldogDX55
07-30-2016, 06:24 PM
I have no insight, but there is a poster in another board that's says the 2nd NOA is coming on Tuesday or Wednesday this week and Freeze is expected to recieve a 4 game suspension.

That's the rumor, but my personal opinion is: how could anyone know if Freeze is getting a suspension or not if the COI has yet to meet or hear their case?

It was posted by Hunter Harwell on 24/7, a poster who is notorious for being a high schooler in Oxford who, while a diehard State fan, is constantly messed with by his friends and constantly runs to the board to beg Paul for a confirmation on the latest rumor he heard.

Once or twice what he's said has come to fruition, but 95% of the time what he says isn't worth reading.

spbdawg
07-30-2016, 06:25 PM
#

Todd4State
07-30-2016, 06:41 PM
Ole Miss releasing info on a Tuesday or Weds doesn't jive with how they manage the media. If it was a Friday I might be inclined to believe it.

preachermatt83
07-30-2016, 06:59 PM
And the new rebel spin... "With technology like it is today is it really a bid deal?" Smh. Man U can't make this stuff up.

BossDawg
07-30-2016, 07:52 PM
I just don't see how they can get a second notice and Freeze only gets a 4 game suspension. If they do in fact get another NOA, then that's very, very bad, and Freeze will be in the middle of the NCAA's sights. IF this is true, then the 4 game suspension must be what UM is lobbying for.

Tripp McNeely
07-30-2016, 08:28 PM
It was posted by Hunter Harwell on 24/7, a poster who is notorious for being a high schooler in Oxford who, while a diehard State fan, is constantly messed with by his friends and constantly runs to the board to beg Paul for a confirmation on the latest rumor he heard.

Once or twice what he's said has come to fruition, but 95% of the time what he says isn't worth reading.

Some om'ers "in the know" might have some idea about the second NOA, but to say that anyone has any idea what ANY part of the punishment might look like, MUCH LESS a 4 game suspension, is a complete lie. No one outside the COI has any idea about that, and I bet those guys haven't even begun to seriously think about or discuss it

Oh, and a broken clock is right twice a day, but Hunter Harwell is less credible than Nancy

Jack Lambert
07-30-2016, 08:29 PM
True that, but if the 2nd NOA is really bad.....who knows. Let's just hope the 2nd letter rocks their world. ;)

Hell it took weeks to get the 1st info from the first out.

Jack Lambert
07-30-2016, 08:31 PM

Someone needs to pull him aside and say look young man you will be grown up one day looking for a job. You might not want to make too many waves. Just ask C34.

ckDOG
07-30-2016, 08:37 PM
Come on don't buy BS. Penalties aren't dealt out at a NOA and do you think for one second OM is going to start punishing coaches NOW? These cats are all-in. Be patient. It'll all play out.

spbdawg
07-30-2016, 08:52 PM
#

Dawgowar
07-30-2016, 09:18 PM
Not happening like that. Second NOA will go to law firm and be squelched as long as the first. It will be a rumor invoking even more arrogance until the first COI hits. Then it will become a real fear for their followers. Just enjoy this. I hope it just slow rolls for two or three more years.

Think about it. The first one's penalties hit solidly but not devastating. They should be significant but that remains to be seen given the NCAA hasn't flexed it's muscles in a while.

Say it hits enough that they know the 'small stuff' was bad. The UNM power brokers delay the second one coming to light. The first's penalties begin to effect recruiting and more. The UNM administrators deny, deny, and deny the second.

There will be a cranky bunch of red slack wearing bears when the second gets admitted to and is published.

If those charges contain things like burner phones, more cars and loans, houses, and all kinds of goodies, well, panic will set in.

And I hope the NCAA pays them back for delaying the investigation by making round two last a good two years. By the time the penalties are read they will be facing another two or three years of probation with another bite on the scholarship. It will make our early 2000's look like a walk in the park.

BrunswickDawg
07-30-2016, 09:31 PM
Come on don't buy BS. Penalties aren't dealt out at a NOA and do you think for one second OM is going to start punishing coaches NOW? These cats are all-in. Be patient. It'll all play out.
Not buying, but what if the NCAA has threatened them with releasing to the public no matter what - since they are already on the hot seat? Along with it, the NCAA has said "it is really bad, and we will hear them both October. If you don't suspend Freeze pending the COI outcome, we will sanction you so bad that you'll be competing with MC for recruits."???

Bucky Dog
07-30-2016, 10:01 PM
The second letter is coming before October 1. The only Freeze suspension that would happen would be a self imposed suspension by OM. They will try and pass that along as exemplary cooperation and try to get it agreed upon by NCAA. The issue is if, I mean when, Freeze is directly implicated in the second letter, he will be gone, and so will Bdork.

dawgoneyall
07-30-2016, 10:21 PM

Do you really think they would not cheat on the suspension?

Mistakes do happen....

DudyDawg
07-31-2016, 01:44 AM
Maybe I'm really negative but am I the only one who thinks nothing significant is going to happen

klong-dog
07-31-2016, 06:04 AM
Agree, with the ncaa being there for 4 years, I believe Freeze has become friends with buy now, paid them off, plus offered free Hattie trips.

Bully13
07-31-2016, 08:24 AM
Maybe I'm really negative but am I the only one who thinks nothing significant is going to happen

Yes. Even Ole Miss knows they are 17'd.

lastmajordog
07-31-2016, 08:27 AM

Agreed....very reluctantly.

lamont
07-31-2016, 09:49 AM
OM has been notified of more violations. What is not clear is if they will come in the form of a 2nd letter or an amended NOA

The prevailing thought is that OM is offering up a suspension for Freezus to attempt to stave off a show cause

Dawgowar
07-31-2016, 09:54 AM
OM has been notified of more violations. What is not clear is if they will come in the form of a 2nd letter or an amended NOA

The prevailing thought is that OM is offering up a suspension for Freezus to attempt to stave off a show cause

That line of thought may calm the masses. It is not even close to reality. Go to the NCAA website. Look at the penalties given and the amount of show causes given for far less. One golf coach got a year for two free lessons. Freeze has bigger concerns than four games.

Martianlander
07-31-2016, 07:11 PM
If the NCAA doesn't hammer tsun, college sports as we know it is finished. It will be nothing more than a minor league pro feeder. If this happens I think a lot of schools and alumni will abandon it.

Corn Bread
07-31-2016, 09:17 PM
If the NCAA doesn't hammer tsun, college sports as we know it is finished. It will be nothing more than a minor league pro feeder. If this happens I think a lot of schools and alumni will abandon it.

No one has a clue what might happen to TSUN. But, diversion from the facts is the best way to run cover from the truth. The Democrates have done this for years.

msujan
08-01-2016, 01:11 AM
And I hope the NCAA pays them back for delaying the investigation by making round two last a good two years. By the time the penalties are read they will be facing another two or three years of probation with another bite on the scholarship. It will make our early 2000's look like a walk in the park.

Northern has asked that the October date be postponed. What do y'all think is the possibility of that happening? If it does, when would the next COI meeting be scheduled?

lamont
08-01-2016, 06:41 AM
Unlikely we hear anything before 2017

DudyDawg
08-01-2016, 06:45 AM
Yes. Even Ole Miss knows they are 17'd.

For once I hope they're right. Maybe I'm just being superstitious. Like talking to the pitcher during a no-no, I just don't want to jinx it

Bubb Rubb
08-01-2016, 08:00 AM
To note, again, and some have alluded to this already...

Don't buy any comment coming from anywhere about penalties. Ole Miss has self-imposed some penalties, and they may well be talking among themselves about additional self-imposed penalties, such as a suspension. The NCAA, however, isn't leaking or suggesting penalties. The COI is a separate entity and will review the findings and impose penalties as they see fit. That hasn't happened yet. Until then, NOBODY knows what the penalty will end up being. That applies to Rebel fans stating that the self-imposed penalties will be accepted as sufficient, and that applies to State fans saying they're getting 30 over 3 and show cause for Freeze. I know we're all eager to see them get slapped, but let's enjoy the ride.