PDA

View Full Version : TAMU Snafu

BrunswickDawg
07-29-2016, 07:51 PM
And Courtney Cronin thought our women's clinic was sexist and ridiculous. Gig 'em!

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tamu-football/two-texas-assistants-suspended-two-weeks-inappropriate-presentation/

RocketDawg
07-29-2016, 07:54 PM
Not sure how they thought that would be humorous given that they knew nothing about the audience other than that they were female.

BeardoMSU
07-29-2016, 07:56 PM
I'm not surprised this was at A&M; that group is just weird.

Todd4State
07-29-2016, 08:04 PM
The sad thing is even Hevesy knew not to do that at our women's football camp.

starkvegasdawg
07-29-2016, 08:18 PM
Mistakes were made.

Topbulldawg
07-29-2016, 08:26 PM
http://deadspin.com/guess-how-sexist-texas-a-ms-event-for-female-football-f-1784538045

The slides captured on deadspin show it was pretty bad. I am surprised they were only suspended 2 weeks.

RocketDawg
07-29-2016, 09:26 PM
http://deadspin.com/guess-how-sexist-texas-a-ms-event-for-female-football-f-1784538045

The slides captured on deadspin show it was pretty bad. I am surprised they were only suspended 2 weeks.

Good grief ....

LC Dawg
07-29-2016, 09:43 PM
How are these guys still employed? I don't think this is just going to go away unless some heads roll. If it does we need to hire some of their pr people at once.

Bothrops
07-29-2016, 09:43 PM
Erect blocking? This seems strangely familiar.

ShotgunDawg
07-29-2016, 09:44 PM

Awful, awful, awful...... but I must admit it's pretty funny.

On a serious note, what professional would really risk doing this in front of women? WOW

scottycameron
07-29-2016, 10:02 PM
Damn that's funny. Which means somebody has to be fired I guess.

sandwolf
07-29-2016, 10:18 PM

Wow.....what were they thinking?

mic
07-29-2016, 10:23 PM
Speaking of Courtney Cronin , didn't that bag get a job elsewhere?

Bucky Dog
07-29-2016, 11:04 PM
Those guys should be fired. That funny in a small group be not there.

BigEasyDawg
07-31-2016, 11:16 PM
Speaking of Courtney Cronin , didn't that bag get a job elsewhere?

She is working in the Bay Area now. She has been covering a lot of the Kevin Durant summer and even the men's basketball Olympic team.

msujan
08-01-2016, 12:50 AM
Would it be so funny if it were your wife/daughter/sister/mother sitting in that room? If my daughter and I were there, I'd be in the President's office in about a minute. You'd think these macho wannabes would learn something after the crap that has gone on at UT and Baylor. We just watched the series Last Chance U about EMCC and saw the environment of college football. Perhaps these two coaches don't know how to flip the switch between coach on the field and coach representing the school at an event with 800 WOMEN in attendance. Two weeks suspension is a pitiful punishment. Twenty hours of community service, where they'll probably stand around and talk football and laugh about the incident? Gimme a break! They should be fired. The bad pub will cost them bunches. Sumlin in is the HC; as Freezer will discover, the bucks tops at the HC.

Duckdog
08-01-2016, 09:08 AM
Would it be so funny if it were your wife/daughter/sister/mother sitting in that room? If my daughter and I were there, I'd be in the President's office in about a minute. You'd think these macho wannabes would learn something after the crap that has gone on at UT and Baylor. We just watched the series Last Chance U about EMCC and saw the environment of college football. Perhaps these two coaches don't know how to flip the switch between coach on the field and coach representing the school at an event with 800 WOMEN in attendance. Two weeks suspension is a pitiful punishment. Twenty hours of community service, where they'll probably stand around and talk football and laugh about the incident? Gimme a break! They should be fired. The bad pub will cost them bunches. Sumlin in is the HC; as Freezer will discover, the bucks tops at the HC.
Give it a rest bro. It was a joke. PC crap is killing the USA

JDog13
08-01-2016, 09:18 AM

You mean bro ette

mparkerfd20
08-01-2016, 09:31 AM

msujan isn't a 'bro', I don't think. Hence some of her outrage, which isn't so PC. The presentation WAS inappropriate for men in the environment it was given, much less for women.

RC3
08-01-2016, 10:17 AM
easy solution, end these female camps

scottycameron
08-01-2016, 10:29 AM
I'm offended that everybody is so offended.
I F you're not offended you're missing out. More popular than Pokemon

MSUDawg99
08-01-2016, 11:44 AM

The hell you say! We love them. It's one of my fave wknds of the year to be honest. They def shouldn't be done away with! Don't turn all Courtney Cronin feminist nazi on this issue.

Todd4State
08-01-2016, 12:49 PM

End them? I wish they did them for men too.

scottycameron
08-01-2016, 01:26 PM

I'm sure you could attend one. If Obama say you can use the girls bathroom I'm sure he'd be good with a sports camp.

RC3
08-01-2016, 01:46 PM
The hell you say! We love them. It's one of my fave wknds of the year to be honest. They def shouldn't be done away with! Don't turn all Courtney Cronin feminist nazi on this issue.

i am not a feminist. I am not condoning the behavior of the coaches at A&M and really don't know what Courtney's problem was with ours. But if you take away the event, you eliminate the complaints. can't make everyone happy with anything

franklintndawg
08-01-2016, 01:49 PM
I love the person who commented on Baylor. On how that presentation would have gone

archdog
08-01-2016, 02:31 PM

Didn't they do this at Ole Miss. Saw some out of shape wanna be falling down hitting a dummy a few years ago. Funniest shit I have ever seen.
And no, MSU does not need a guy's camp because it was pathetic.

BrunswickDawg
08-01-2016, 02:38 PM
i am not a feminist. I am not condoning the behavior of the coaches at A&M and really don't know what Courtney's problem was with ours. But if you take away the event, you eliminate the complaints. can't make everyone happy with anything

Or they could just understanding the setting they are presenting in and act like professionals instead of fratboy douches.

I do at least 1 public presentation a week and if I ever laced my talks with innuendo like that I'd be fired real fast.

BeardoMSU
08-01-2016, 02:51 PM
Or they could just understanding the setting they are presenting in and act like professionals instead of fratboy douches.

Professionalism?!? You know damn well that's just too hard...Don't be an elitists-PC-Marxist snob, bro. ***

MSUDawg99
08-01-2016, 03:09 PM
Didn't they do this at Ole Miss. Saw some out of shape wanna be falling down hitting a dummy a few years ago. Funniest shit I have ever seen.
And no, MSU does not need a guy's camp because it was pathetic.

HAHAHAHA! Oh to have been a fly on the wall that day. Hysterical.

BrunswickDawg
08-01-2016, 03:29 PM
Professionalism?!? You know damn well that's just too hard...Don't be an elitists-PC-Marxist snob, bro. ***
Easy now, I'm an elitist-PC-Marxist bureaucrat, but I'm not a snob.***

RC3
08-01-2016, 03:50 PM

I do at least 1 public presentation a week and if I ever laced my talks with innuendo like that I'd be fired real fast.

we are talking about football coaches here. why on earth would you put football coaches in charge of this stuff? they arent like you. they are not professionals at making presentiations publicly. they coach college male athletes. I just think the whole idea is dumb. let's face it, the purpose is not really to educate, but instead to try and expand the market and make more $$. not worth the headache imo

BrunswickDawg
08-01-2016, 04:39 PM
we are talking about football coaches here. why on earth would you put football coaches in charge of this stuff? they arent like you. they are not professionals at making presentiations publicly. they coach college male athletes. I just think the whole idea is dumb. let's face it, the purpose is not really to educate, but instead to try and expand the market and make more $$. not worth the headache imo
So let me get this straight. Football coaches -who speak publicly constantly on TV, radio, rotary clubs, in parents homes, and are constantly in contact with donors and in situations where they are expected have professionalism and decorum - are to be excused from professionalism when they are teaching football to women. Got it.