PDA

View Full Version : Big Play Slay

ShotgunDawg
07-29-2016, 11:50 AM
4 years 48 mil baby. Got paid.

Would be interesting to see the monetary value of our 2010 defense when considering past, present, and future contracts.

It has to be getting close to or has surpassed 100 million dollars. Think about that folks.

This also encourages the idea that MSU can recruit equal talent as Alabama and LSU, but the difference is that their players come in more polished and can play from day 1. This leads to a deeper roster and more complete team.

mic
07-29-2016, 11:55 AM
Congrats to Slay...
Need JB to haven good year and get paid as well..
Kid would for sure give a good chunk back to the program if he does...

starkvegasdawg
07-29-2016, 12:04 PM
Not bad for a two star.

BrunswickDawg
07-29-2016, 12:07 PM
Can't keep those Brunswick boys down!

That is huge. That may make him the highest career earnings athlete in the history of Brunswick, GA, knocking The infamous Kwame Brown of the top spot.

ETA - dang it! Forgot about Adam Wainright!! He holds the record.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-29-2016, 12:12 PM
Can't keep those Brunswick boys down!

That is huge. That may make him the highest career earnings athlete in the history of Brunswick, GA, knocking The infamous Kwame Brown of the top spot.

He hasn't quite reached Kwame level. Slay deal is 4yrs/$50.2M w/$23M guaranteed. Kwame made $64M in his career. NBA contracts are 100% guaranteed. That's why NFL players fight so hard for as much guaranteed money they can get because at any moment the team can cut you or force you to restructure your contract & you don't have any leverage.

BrunswickDawg
07-29-2016, 12:15 PM
He hasn't quite reached Kwame level. Slay deal is 4yrs/$50.2M w/$23M guaranteed. Kwame made $64M in his career. NBA contracts are 100% guaranteed. That's why NFL players fight so hard for as much guaranteed money they can get because at any moment the team can cut you or force you to restructure your contract & you don't have any leverage.
And Wainright has already earned $74m and is owed another $58m.

If you are a gifted athlete baseball is where the money is still at!

Ifyouonlyknew
07-29-2016, 12:15 PM
And Wainright has already earned $74m and is owed another $58m.

If you are a gifted athlete baseball is where the money is still at!

Totally agree

dawgoneyall
07-29-2016, 02:13 PM
4 years 48 mil baby. Got paid.

Would be interesting to see the monetary value of our 2010 defense when considering past, present, and future contracts.

It has to be getting close to or has surpassed 100 million dollars. Think about that folks.

This also encourages the idea that MSU can recruit equal talent as Alabama and LSU, but the difference is that their players come in more polished and can play from day 1. This leads to a deeper roster and more complete team.

Someone explain to me why he was a started from his first day on campus....and why he wasn't the punt returned from day one.

I forget.

BrunswickDawg
07-29-2016, 02:44 PM
Someone explain to me why he was a started from his first day on campus....and why he wasn't the punt returned from day one.

I forget.
He played in all 26 games his 2 years here. If I remember right after the UGA game in '11 - in which he had a pick 6 and a forced fumble - he started playing more minutes. That was the 3rd game of the season.

He had Banks and Bumphis ahead of him returning punts - each had a return for TD that season - so it's not like we were hurting.

dawgoneyall
07-29-2016, 04:24 PM
He played in all 26 games his 2 years here. If I remember right after the UGA game in '11 - in which he had a pick 6 and a forced fumble - he started playing more minutes. That was the 3rd game of the season.

He had Banks and Bumphis ahead of him returning punts - each had a return for TD that season - so it's not like we were hurting.

He was All-American JC punt returner. He was the best punt returner on the team.

Yes, he played "more" minutes.

BrunswickDawg
07-29-2016, 04:52 PM
He was All-American JC punt returner. He was the best punt returner on the team.

Yes, he played "more" minutes.
And we forget that Corey Broomfield was no slouch either. It took Slay some time to learn the D and unseat him.

I'm as big a Slay fan as anyone - but, it wasn't like he was sitting on the bench behind terrible DBs

EngDawg
07-29-2016, 06:33 PM
I'd do it for 1,000,000

msbulldog
07-29-2016, 06:41 PM
I'd do it for 1,000,000

If your worth 1 million you should try out.

EngDawg
07-29-2016, 06:50 PM
If your worth 1 million you should try out.

Not quite

FISHDAWG
07-29-2016, 07:19 PM
way to go Darius - you were a good bulldog and one of my favorites

Goldendawg
07-29-2016, 10:16 PM
If I remember correctly, our genius DC at the time played he and Banks about 15 yds off wide receivers in zone the majority of the time. Drove me nuts.