PDA

View Full Version : Just as I thought Tyler Russell takes responsibility

ShotgunDawg
08-25-2013, 11:08 AM
Tyler could be in for a big year.

Sorry for posting a Matthew Stevens article, but this one is actually decent.

http://cdispatch.com/sports/article.asp?aid=26549

smootness
08-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Tyler could be in for a big year.

I think the main reason Mullen has been more upbeat and relaxed this year, aside from probably making an intentional effort to do so, is because of Russell. When you believe in and trust your QB, everything else becomes a whole lot easier, and it takes away a lot of stress.

When you don't know what you have at QB, everything else becomes 10x more important.

I also believe Russell will have a huge year. We've simply never had a QB like him in the history of the program; he has now had a full year to play against the big boys and learn what he needs to do better. He sounds confident, and that should pay dividends.

The fact that Mullen felt confident about playing that game because of Russell should speak volumes.

PassInterference
08-25-2013, 12:33 PM
I think Mullen is looser because 1) the team was too tight last year, and 2) Cohen showed what happens when a team stays loose and has fun.

Shirley there's balance somewhere. But it is obvious the team was too tight last year.

Thick
08-25-2013, 01:54 PM
I think Mullen is looser because 1) the team was too tight last year, and 2) Cohen showed what happens when a team stays loose and has fun.

Shirley there's balance somewhere. But it is obvious the team was too tight last year.

SURELY, you jest?

maroonmania
08-25-2013, 02:01 PM

Plus I'm hoping there is much better chemistry with the coaching staff with the exit of Wilson and Smith.

EAVdog
08-25-2013, 02:10 PM
Plus I'm hoping there is much better chemistry with the coaching staff with the exit of Wilson and Smith.

It is apparent now, with hindsight, that Wilson was looking to get out before the season was over. And Melvin was phoning it in, outside of his one position group.

Bringing in Gonzalez, Townshend, and David Turner with promoting Collins should create defensive results we are more accustomed to.

Goat Holder
08-25-2013, 02:46 PM

What an ignorant post. The problem last year was the dissension on defense, that's it. Our problems on offense were talent related (and a little coaching, yes). We weren't tight or loose or any of that shit. I think for the most part our attitude is pretty good. Normal, anyways.

aerodawg
08-25-2013, 05:25 PM
It is apparent now, with hindsight, that Wilson was looking to get out before the season was over. And Melvin was phoning it in, outside of his one position group.

Bringing in Gonzalez, Townshend, and David Turner with promoting Collins should create defensive results we are more accustomed to.

Gonna have to agree with this. I think we made some really good hires this year to fill in and fit our team's and Mullen's style. The way the defense talks it is almost like the year we had Manny Diaz which was a pretty great year for our defense despite his woes at Texas. Guess the grass isn't always greener, unlike the money.