PDA

View Full Version : UMass game

starkvegasdawg
07-28-2016, 07:49 PM
For those of you wondering (and weren't we all), this game has been announced as a 2:30CT kick.

Bucky Dog
07-28-2016, 08:11 PM
For those of you wondering (and weren't we all), this game has been announced as a 2:30CT kick.

And there is no Patriots or Red Sox games in town either if I remember correctly.

missouridawg
07-28-2016, 08:19 PM
And there is no Patriots or Red Sox games in town either if I remember correctly.

Patriots host the Texans on Thursday night before our game. Red Sox are out of town.

Smitdawg
07-28-2016, 08:55 PM

Dang, I was hoping for a noon or 7/8 p.m. eastern game. Was wanting a chance to possibly catch 2 games in one day if UConn or Boston College had the other time frame.

GreenheadDawg
07-28-2016, 08:56 PM
Anybody riding on one of the buses up there? My uncle and aunt are going but it's like a 10 day trip or some shit

starkvegasdawg
07-28-2016, 09:18 PM
Anybody riding on one of the buses up there? My uncle and aunt are going but it's like a 10 day trip or some shit

10 days? Is Morgan Freeman driving?

BeastMan
07-28-2016, 10:36 PM

Are they attempting the Oregon Trail?

lamont
07-29-2016, 05:27 AM

No- some guy named Clark Griswold

I seen it dawg
07-29-2016, 05:49 AM
Going through Kosciusko. Ed Cook is tour guide

Martianlander
07-29-2016, 07:54 AM
Bus rented from Cannon Motors

TUSK
07-29-2016, 07:55 AM
I can dig scheduling shitty teams (especially when it's last minute), but why in the frick are all goin' to their place?

apologies if this has already been beaten to death...

msumudcat
07-29-2016, 08:30 AM
Going through Kosciusko. Ed Cook is tour guide

Ahhh the good ole days! There will be a side trip to Zemuly for those interested.

Mjoelner34
07-29-2016, 08:31 AM
I can dig scheduling shitty teams (especially when it's last minute), but why in the frick are all goin' to their place?

I don't know but if LT were still AD, he would say its because our fans couldn't afford to buy 7 season tickets so we only scheduled 6 home games. Yes, he actually said that one time.

Mjoelner34
07-29-2016, 08:32 AM

No, its the guy that couldn't find Starkville with Singleton, Brasell and others in the car but he ended up in Oxford.

War Machine Dawg
07-29-2016, 09:39 AM
I don't know but if LT were still AD, he would say its because our fans couldn't afford to buy 7 season tickets so we only scheduled 6 home games. Yes, he actually said that one time.

Damn, I remember him saying that. It was towards the end of his tenure, I think. He'd been getting called out repeatedly by our fans asking why we only had 6 home games, so he basically said "Y'all are too poor to afford tickets to 7 home games." And home game tickets at the time were only like $20-25 bucks. We hadn't even really increased our ticket prices to fall in line with other SEC programs. It was one of the most insulting, arrogant, and demeaning statements to your own fan base I've ever heard from anyone at any level of sports. And there are some here who think we should stop ripping LT and embrace him. F that. LT made his bed, so far as I'm concerned.

MadDawg
07-29-2016, 10:06 AM

We are looking to expand our recruiting footprint into the hotbed of talent in Massachusetts.

Smitdawg
07-29-2016, 10:17 AM

I believe I remember that the reason for this is that Tulane dropped out of our contract with them that had a home game for this year, so that they could get a game with Nebraska (I believe it was). That was done pretty late and there were not very many FBS teams that had both an available open date and were willing to play another P5 team.

So we reached an agreement with UMass for a 2 for 1 with 2 games in Starkville and 1 in Boston. However, UMass needed another home game this year for NCAA minimums, so we agreed to play there first. I am not really a fan of this, although I am going to enjoy making the trip up there for the game. Unfortunately, we are having to do a lot of 2-1 deals with smaller schools because we have been backed out on by other teams, who ended up signing to play at a larger school for more money. I remember a few years back, one of the directional Michigan schools backed out in order to play Georgia I believe, since UGA was willing to pay more. Even if we offer 1 million to these schools to play a single game in Starkville, we have schools like Bama, Georgia, etc. willing to pay more.

I would much rather try to lock down a single home game with a team, then a 2-1 of course, but as long as we get our 7 home games a year, I am happy with that. Which is why I am not happy with 6 this time, even though the UMass game will be a road win.

GreenheadDawg
07-29-2016, 10:18 AM

That's what I said. I don't know what the hell they are doing for that long but I'm pretty sure he said 10 days

Political Hack
07-29-2016, 11:14 AM
Where does Harvard play that weekend?

Smitdawg
07-29-2016, 11:38 AM
Where does Harvard play that weekend?

Harvard is at Brown that Saturday.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-29-2016, 07:46 PM
I remember when we went to the Liberty Bowl under Croom against Central Florida. Templeton kept saying we could get as many tickets as we wanted. When asked what the limit was several times, he continued to say we could get as many as we wanted. I bumped into him in Starkville, so I asked the question and got the same answer. So I told him I wanted 200,000 tickets. He gave me a dumb look and said that we couldn't get that many.