PDA

View Full Version : LOLZ

ShotgunDawg
07-27-2016, 10:57 PM
Serious question: How does the average Ole Miss fan know if Freeze is a cheater or not?

If Mullen were under fire & we had these I honestly wouldn't know if we were cheating or not. I would certainly hope we weren't & be cheering for us to be found not-guilty, but I also wouldn't be so stupid & naive to have the blind faith necessary to wear anything like this.

Anyone that wears this is just admitting they are a complete loser that is incapable of being an independent thinker.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoZlo-8VUAEq1su.jpg

Commercecomet24
07-27-2016, 10:59 PM
They won't be standing with him when the hammer comes down. They'll be after him with pitch forks and torches.

ShotgunDawg
07-27-2016, 11:07 PM
They won't be standing with him when the hammer comes down. They'll be after him with pitch forks and torches.

That's the point. Why open yourself up to looking ridiculous, even if you may still have hope that he didn't cheat?

There are certainly fans of theirs who know that they DO cheat, but you are being completely naive if you were actually so mindless that you would blindly believe anything Freeze says at this point. Even if my campus were located in the valley of Yosemite National Park, if we were traditionally a 2nd level recruiter with a 2nd level tradition, I'd be slightly skeptical if over night & after a mediocre season we started landing the top players from across the country.

What mature adult wouldn't be?

Commercecomet24
07-27-2016, 11:14 PM
You hit the nail on the head. If the situations were reversed I would know that we were up to something, just wouldn't know how deep it went. They are a different level of delusional at that place. I'm guessing Jim Jones wouldn't have had any trouble convincing unm folks to drink the kool aid.

DancingRabbit
07-27-2016, 11:29 PM
It looks like a campaign button. What is Hugh running for?

Reminded me of
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/888y90wrvic/hqdefault.jpg

ShotgunDawg
07-27-2016, 11:42 PM
Hugh is running for sympathy. That's all I can figure

DancingRabbit
07-27-2016, 11:52 PM
Damn, the stupid just keeps on coming. It's not a court of law. NCAA does what it wants to do and has "enough".

Somebody send these to the COI
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CobFeEKWEAAfrR0.jpg

Commercecomet24
07-27-2016, 11:58 PM
Damn, the stupid just keeps on coming. It's not a court of law. NCAA does what it wants to do and has "enough".

They are a special kind of stupid. The NCAA doesnt have to prove anything and there's really no recourse.

BigEasyDawg
07-28-2016, 12:02 AM
Black bear fans are like ones who sank with the titanic because they refused to believe that the titanic, the great unsinkable ship, actually was sinking into the Atlantic. Put on your life vest black bears. You gonna drown with the beaver

ShotgunDawg
07-28-2016, 12:15 AM

Please mail one of these to:

The National Collegiate Athletic Association
700 W. Washington Street
P.O. Box 6222
Indianapolis, Indiana 46206-6222

Todd4State
07-28-2016, 12:58 AM

Bingo.

Todd4State
07-28-2016, 01:03 AM
That's the point. Why open yourself up to looking ridiculous, even if you may still have hope that he didn't cheat?

There are certainly fans of theirs who know that they DO cheat, but you are being completely naive if you were actually so mindless that you would blindly believe anything Freeze says at this point. Even if my campus were located in the valley of Yosemite National Park, if we were traditionally a 2nd level recruiter with a 2nd level tradition, I'd be slightly skeptical if over night & after a mediocre season we started landing the top players from across the country.

I think this is a lot of Ole Miss's problem:

I have to believe that logically they in their heads believe that everyone cheats on the same level that they do. Ergo these recruits are choosing Ole Miss because of Freeze, the town, Archie whatever BS they believe or choose to believe that the players like.

The thing that I think a lot of them don't realize is that if Alabama, Georgia, Texas, etc. WAS cheating on the same level as them those recruits wouldn't be going to Ole Miss- hence the theory that most have about the SEC and NCAA becoming the wild west- which I do believe is correct.

Right now if there are any logical Ole Miss fans they are probably praying that the NCAA just gives them a slap on the wrist and things go wild west. Possible- but not likely since the NCAA knows doing that would spell the end of their organization.

DeviousDawg
07-28-2016, 01:05 AM
The last thing a cheater would do is admit he is cheating. They knew in their own heads that Freeze was a cheater the minute the 2013 class was signed, although they would never admit it out loud.

A cheater know that there are 3 possible outcomes every time he cheats:

(a) They get away with it and cheat again

(b) The guilt becomes too much and admits to cheating

(c) Get's accused of cheating and denies the hell out of it as long as possible before the cheating is confirmed and then finally admits that they made some mistakes and "accidentally cheated"

Well, option (a) isn't possible anymore, option (b) would never happen with that bunch, so they have just accepted option (c) "the slow painful death"

I almost feel sorry for Freeze's flock, a good Shepard would never allow his sheep to die a slow painful death.

TUSK
07-28-2016, 01:52 AM

"Traditionally 2nd level"????

Are there only two "levels" in your world?

Dawgface
07-28-2016, 07:09 AM
My neighbor visited his son last weekend who lives in Oxford. He said they went over to the OM's athletic complex(not sure the name of it) and low and behold they meet Freeze. Had their picture made with him. He was as thrilled as a 3 year old who got to sit on Santa Claus's lap. My neighbor is a successful businessman, church goer and generally a nice guy. Just shows how any fan who supports their school can go all in with blinders on. Especially if that coach is winning. ;)

starkvegasdawg
07-28-2016, 07:22 AM
Especially if that coach is winning. ;)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OSyq6CQNOYM/TuPCOp9ySQI/AAAAAAAAGpU/ZmRBPjGAdaE/s1600/Charlie-Sheen-Winning-Duh.jpg

mic
07-28-2016, 07:22 AM
It's a cult...

lamont
07-28-2016, 07:25 AM
So will their fans be suspended with Freezus also?

TrapGame
07-28-2016, 07:29 AM
It's a cult...

This^^^^^

For the vast majority of them even after the hammer comes down they will blindly follow. And their mantra will be:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/c828dc7c4fcf0d8e18433499e9baa381/tumblr_mx62ia36ot1r7vt2no1_400.gif

archdog
07-28-2016, 07:32 AM
Freeze lives matter.
#imwithbeaver

Martianlander
07-28-2016, 08:00 AM
They will turn on Freeze. When they lost to Memphis the fire freeze crowd was in full force.

tireddawg
07-28-2016, 09:04 AM
🔨 🔨 🔨 🔨 🔨 🔨

Jack Lambert
07-28-2016, 09:07 AM
It's a combination of things. Freeze is a great snake oil salesman and Ole Miss fans only care about winning.

Bama_Dawg
07-28-2016, 09:20 AM
Ya know, there are 5 stages to grief (or so I'm told) and to my assumptions the UNM'ers are only in stage 3! So we've got a long way to go boys. Seriously, get out the popcorn, cause the next stage will be the best.

1. Denial
We've got the right Rev running the show, he's straighter than that guy in Necessary Roughness that led the North Texas Fighting Armadillos. No cheatin' here, move on.... (publicly this was, "there is no investigation")

2. Anger
Its that damn moo-U that's running this. They are all mad cause we've signed multiple 5 stars and whooped them the past few years. Jealousy I tell ya!

3. Bargaining
We've self imposed! That's good, right NCAA? Tunsil? What? He's not even on our team anymore...remember we suspended him for most of 2015..we're in the clear now, huh?

4. Depression
After the NCAA hands out its penalties...most likely the Bear-Sharts won't hit this one until after the 2nd round hits. This will be GLORIOUS!

5. Acceptance
Yeah, they may have caught us...we've got to figure out a better way to cheat...

Political Hack
07-28-2016, 09:34 AM
Welp, after Cam-gate things went wild. If the NCAA shows up toothless again it'll be even worse this time. I'm almost to the point of saying the SEC needs to be disbanded. This arms race has gotten stupid and out of control. Social media has spun this into a multimillion dollar business and there's no way to insulate the recruits from that. Unless there's an overhaul this will continue and Ole Miss has 100% lost any semblance of institutional control over their recruiting. They couldn't turn it off if they wanted to... IF they wanted to.

ShotgunDawg
07-28-2016, 09:49 AM
Welp, after Cam-gate things went wild. If the NCAA shows up toothless again it'll be even worse this time. I'm almost to the point of saying the SEC needs to be disbanded. This arms race has gotten stupid and out of control. Social media has spun this into a multimillion dollar business and there's no way to insulate the recruits from that. Unless there's an overhaul this will continue and Ole Miss has 100% lost any semblance of institutional control over their recruiting. They couldn't turn it off if they wanted to... IF they wanted to.

Need to go to a college football draft, give every team a salary cap, & just pay the players. Recruiting just doesn't work when the passion of college football fans is met with a system that allows them basically unregulated cheating.

Think if Wall Street worked this way & insider trading went unregulated. The system doesn't work

starkvegasdawg
07-28-2016, 09:59 AM
Need to go to a college football draft, give every team a salary cap, & just pay the players.

Just to flesh this idea out some more...How would you select draft order? How many rounds would there be? Would non-power 5 conferences be allowed in the draft? Would a player be required to submit a list of schools he wants to play for and only those teams are eligible to draft him? What if he wants to only play for a certain school? Do they have right of first refusal? What happens to undrafted players? What would happen if a player a school drafted ended up being a grade casualty? Does the school just lose that spot or would there be a second draft of those not drafted the first time?

drunkernhelldawg
07-28-2016, 10:19 AM
It looks like a campaign button. What is Hugh running for?

Reminded me of
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/888y90wrvic/hqdefault.jpg

Do you own that treasure?

ShotgunDawg
07-28-2016, 10:23 AM
Just to flesh this idea out some more...How would you select draft order? How many rounds would there be? Would non-power 5 conferences be allowed in the draft? Would a player be required to submit a list of schools he wants to play for and only those teams are eligible to draft him? What if he wants to only play for a certain school? Do they have right of first refusal? What happens to undrafted players? What would happen if a player a school drafted ended up being a grade casualty? Does the school just lose that spot or would there be a second draft of those not drafted the first time?

All great questions.

1. It would be a 5 round draft & players would have to declare for it. If you do not declare for it, you are ineligible to sign with a power 5 school. 5 rounds take off the top layer of recruits that everyone cheats for anyway.

2. After the 5 round draft, schools can then fill out their classes by recruiting like they currently do. Everyone would be fighting over low 4 & 3 star recruits

3. Players chosen in the 5 round draft would be eligible to make hypothetically $50,000 dollars a year while players not chosen would make $30,000 a year to play. This would make being drafted worthwhile

4. Players would be required to submit a list of 8 or so schools or that he would ok being drafted by. The player must be realistic though or he'll go undrafted & make $20,000 less a year. You better be really really good if you going to list Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Georgia, USC, Michigan, & Florida State as your top 8 schools. It will force the top guys to include schools like MSU, Arkansas, South Carolina, etc....

5. A grad casualty would work like the MLB draft. If you lose one of your picks, you get that same pick in the following year's draft. That provides incentive for teams to sign guys with good grades because they need players now & don't want to wait for next year, but it doesn't hang risky grade guys out to dry.

I'm sure we can come up with better ideas, but here is a start

BrunswickDawg
07-28-2016, 10:30 AM
All great questions.

1. It would be a 5 round draft & players would have to declare for it. If you do not declare for it, you are ineligible to sign with a power 5 school. 5 rounds take off the top layer of recruits that everyone cheats for anyway.

2. After the 5 round draft, schools can then fill out their classes by recruiting like they currently do. Everyone would be fighting over low 4 & 3 star recruits

3. Players chosen in the 5 round draft would be eligible to make hypothetically $50,000 dollars a year while players not chosen would make $30,000 a year to play. This would make being drafted worthwhile

4. Players would be required to submit a list of 8 or so schools or that he would ok being drafted by. The player must be realistic though or he'll go undrafted & make $20,000 less a year. You better be really really good if you going to list Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Georgia, USC, Michigan, & Florida State as your top 8 schools. It will force the top guys to include schools like MSU, Arkansas, South Carolina, etc....

5. A grad casualty would work like the MLB draft. If you lose one of your picks, you get that same pick in the following year's draft. That provides incentive for teams to sign guys with good grades because they need players now & don't want to wait for next year, but it doesn't hang risky grade guys out to dry.

I'm sure we can come up with better ideas, but here is a start

Add into that the "relegation" system that has been pitched a couple of times. http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/2/24/8052475/college-football-relegation-promotion-conferences-LIKE-SOCCER. Could get very interesting.

MadDawg
07-28-2016, 10:32 AM
Just remember, I predicted this about a week ago:

07-20-2016, 04:56 PM #3
MadDawg
MadDawg is online now Senior Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How long before the rebnecks start a "Free Freezus" campaign?

Bodaski
07-28-2016, 10:39 AM
Serious question: How does the average Ole Miss fan know if Freeze is a cheater or not?

If Mullen were under fire & we had these I honestly wouldn't know if we were cheating or not. I would certainly hope we weren't & be cheering for us to be found not-guilty, but I also wouldn't be so stupid & naive to have the blind faith necessary to wear anything like this.
Wei
Anyone that wears this is just admitting they are a complete loser that is incapable of being an independent thinker.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoZlo-8VUAEq1su.jpg

All that does is let the NCAA know the fans and school all are about deceit and cheating. How many Div 1 coaches have come under this much scrutiny and had their name associated with as many accused rule violations in the history of the NCAA as Hugh Freeze? Answer none!

ShotgunDawg
07-28-2016, 10:42 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Coa80nuWIAAeWw_.jpg

DancingRabbit
07-28-2016, 10:47 AM
Do you own that treasure?

No, but I do vaguely remember the slogan when Ross ran in '67.

Mjoelner34
07-28-2016, 10:53 AM

Here is their Network shirt after the COI meeting:

http://i.imgur.com/0OrQeou.jpg

Political Hack
07-28-2016, 10:56 AM
I could see kids declare their intentions to play within a certain conference(s) given their geographical preference and then have a draft. The problem is that it completely negates the entire point of college, which is to pursue your desired professional career through academics. Most kids don't play pro ball. They need to be able to choose an engineering school or business school or pre-Med or law enforcement, etc... This would rob that opportunity from them.

I think you have to allow kids to go where they want and as long as that's in place there will be additional incentives provided to lure those kids to select schools. What you can do is find a system that negates the attraction to improper benefits by providing players a more robust monthly stipend (max amount determined by the NCAA), a signing bonus (max amount determined by each conference), and a pay out from profit sharing that they get once they've completed their degree and are no longer on the team. If you play for Bama and get a degree from Bama and they went to 5 consecutive SEC championship games, you're going to get a bigger payout than if you go to Ole Miss and can't find Atlanta.

ShotgunDawg
07-28-2016, 11:05 AM
I could see kids declare their intentions to play within a certain conference(s) given their geographical preference and then have a draft. The problem is that it completely negates the entire point of college, which is to pursue your desired professional career through academics. Most kids don't play pro ball. They need to be able to choose an engineering school or business school or pre-Med or law enforcement, etc... This would rob that opportunity from them.

I think you have to allow kids to go where they want and as long as that's in place there will be additional incentives provided to lure those kids to select schools. What you can do is find a system that negates the attraction to improper benefits by providing players a more robust monthly stipend (max amount determined by the NCAA), a signing bonus (max amount determined by each conference), and a pay out from profit sharing that they get once they've completed their degree and are no longer on the team. If you play for Bama and get a degree from Bama and they went to 5 consecutive SEC championship games, you're going to get a bigger payout than if you go to Ole Miss and can't find Atlanta.

Good ideas but I don't agree.

I think by having a draft & allowing a kid to list 8 schools he's OK getting drafted by, you are giving him the opportunity to put schools on the list that allow him to pursue his educational goals. If the kid wants to be an engineer, then his 8 schools could be MSU, Clemson, LSU, GT, Auburn, Florida State, Texas A&M, & Virginia Tech. What's wrong with that? He can only be drafted by those 8 schools &, if he goes undrafted, he gets to choose where he wants to go.

You signing bonus idea is an interesting idea, although, from what I'm hearing AJ Brown got payed, the signing bonuses will have to be really big in order to deter cheating.

Providing profit sharing would just push more kids to the elite football schools because it would equal more money.

drunkernhelldawg
07-28-2016, 11:06 AM

Great slogan and button, but he got trounced in 1967, coming in fourth in the primary. Outlived his heyday, like so many others. John Bell Williams won that year.

Jack Lambert
07-28-2016, 11:45 AM

When I was a young boy back in the early 80's I grew up in the country and there was this store we could go play pool and one day while playing pool this Limo pulled and a guy got out of the car, walked into the pool room and said guys I am Ross Barnett.

HereComesTheSpiral
07-28-2016, 12:10 PM

This is similar to the people that get in trouble at work over small things and go straight to Facebook and show their ass to the world. Of course, their boss sees it and they can never understand why the boss treats them like complete shit after the incident.

DancingRabbit
07-28-2016, 12:14 PM
When I was a young boy back in the early 80's I grew up in the country and there was this store we could go play pool and one day while playing pool this Limo pulled and a guy got out of the car, walked into the pool room and said guys I am Ross Barnett.

I saw him give a stump speech in '67, actually on the bed of a flatbed trailer, at a country picnic/political rally near Enid Lake.

drunkernhelldawg
07-28-2016, 12:35 PM
I saw him give a stump speech in '67, actually on the bed of a flatbed trailer, at a country picnic/political rally near Enid Lake.

You're lucky. What a great setting.

Political Hack
07-28-2016, 01:27 PM
This is similar to the people that get in trouble at work over small things and go straight to Facebook and show their ass to the world. Of course, their boss sees it and they can never understand why the boss treats them like complete shit after the incident.

I think you just pigeon holed the OM faithful.

msujan
07-28-2016, 09:43 PM
Where can you get one??