IMissJack
07-27-2016, 06:24 PM
Dak

Political Hack
07-27-2016, 06:27 PM
#OurState

DownwardDawg
07-27-2016, 06:30 PM
That's great news. We all knew something was up.

lamont
07-27-2016, 06:32 PM
<insert gay Yancy emoji wink>

#OurState

TheRef
07-27-2016, 07:02 PM
If the stories conflict, you must acquit.

Tripp McNeely
07-27-2016, 07:03 PM
Carl Lee?

Barkman Turner Overdrive
07-27-2016, 07:24 PM
Hillary????

Yea, right. She's as guilty as 17.

scottycameron
07-27-2016, 07:30 PM
OJ?

MSUMatt
07-27-2016, 08:22 PM
Dak Prescott found guilty {click link} of being not guilty.

#clarionledgerheadlines.

spbdawg
07-27-2016, 08:28 PM
#

RC3
07-27-2016, 08:58 PM
I would file suit for unlawful arrest and prosecution. If no .08 test register (and there was none), then no arrest is merited. That's a violation of Every Man's God given right to freedom and liberty.

Happens more frequently than you'd like to know. There was a time when no intoxalizer existed and they wrote duis, and are still entitled to. Intoxalizer results are not required to charge. I'm not saying the officer was right in this instance, but it does happen. And people are found guilty of what is referred to as "common law" duis routinely. Especially if they don't have a lawyer.

spbdawg
07-27-2016, 09:44 PM
#

RC3
07-27-2016, 09:59 PM
I'm gonna go some place where the Constitution, Magna Carta and Natural Law are appreciated. Not MS.

I was in the Pacific Northwest this past week. Portland Oregon, a city of more than 600k, has had a grand total of 4 murders this year. Spent three days in Vancouver BC, you know how many police officers I saw? Two. The entire time. Essentially no crime and thus no police state. The fact of the matter is, the rights guaranteed under the fourth amendment no longer apply in this country. If an officer wants to stop you and arrest you, he can and will. No longer even has to be a legitimate offense so long as the officer believed it to be. Funny how ignorance of the law is not a defense to a crime, but an officer, while acting in good faith doesn't have to know the laws which he/she is sworn to uphold

MagicDawg
07-27-2016, 10:07 PM
I was in the Pacific Northwest this past week. Portland Oregon, a city of more than 600k, has had a grand total of 4 murders this year. Spent three days in Vancouver BC, you know how many police officers I saw? Two. The entire time. Essentially no crime and thus no police state.

There are some extremely uncomfortable facts about the demographics of those cities.

DownwardDawg
07-27-2016, 10:10 PM
I was in the Pacific Northwest this past week. Portland Oregon, a city of more than 600k, has had a grand total of 4 murders this year. Spent three days in Vancouver BC, you know how many police officers I saw? Two. The entire time. Essentially no crime and thus no police state. The fact of the matter is, the rights guaranteed under the fourth amendment no longer apply in this country. If an officer wants to stop you and arrest you, he can and will. No longer even has to be a legitimate offense so long as the officer believed it to be. Funny how ignorance of the law is not a defense to a crime, but an officer, while acting in good faith doesn't have to know the laws which he/she is sworn to uphold
Portland is Open Carry.

RC3
07-27-2016, 10:12 PM
Portland is Open Carry.

May be. But I didn't see anyone carrying either

RC3
07-27-2016, 10:15 PM
There are some extremely uncomfortable facts about the demographics of those cities.

While true, I think that over simplifies the issue. We live in a culture of violence unfortunately, and there is no quick fix. It's embedded in the population here. Generation after generation. And it's only getting worse

archdog
07-27-2016, 10:17 PM
Portland and Vancouver are not South Chicago. But it's interesting when you look at Detroit statistics and the town directly across the border from them. Very similar demographics, but night and day when it comes to crime.

DancingRabbit
07-27-2016, 10:18 PM
SDN article about the trial

https://sdnmsu.wordpress.com/2016/07/27/prescott-cleared-of-dui-speeding-charges/

RC3
07-27-2016, 10:22 PM
Sorry to get off topic. Will take to the political board lol

HSVDawg
07-27-2016, 10:52 PM
SDN article about the trial

https://sdnmsu.wordpress.com/2016/07/27/prescott-cleared-of-dui-speeding-charges/

Just SMH at that article. You had the cop who was the one who originally pulled him over say he showed no signs of being intoxicated and yet he still goes to jail without ever submitting a valid breathalyzer sample? Not only that, but notice the speeding charge got thrown out also. How the hell does a cop even pull you over for speeding if he doesn't register an actual excessive speed on a radar gun? Starkville cops will obviously never change.

Dawgology
07-28-2016, 07:28 AM
Just SMH at that article. You had the cop who was the one who originally pulled him over say he showed no signs of being intoxicated and yet he still goes to jail without ever submitting a valid breathalyzer sample? Not only that, but notice the speeding charge got thrown out also. How the hell does a cop even pull you over for speeding if he doesn't register an actual excessive speed on a radar gun? Starkville cops will obviously never change.

And you wonder why some of our best athletes don't return after hitting it big. The stupid thing is if the local LEO's over there would get over their hard-ons to "catch a big one" then you would see NFL and NBA money start filtering back into the community which would lead to better funding for them. They have been fighting over funding for a new PD over there for years...but they are constantly shooting themselves in the foot. I'm by no means condoning overlooking someone breaking the law but for goodness sake don't go out to hunt them down and pin some trumped up charge on them. Just ignorant.

BrunswickDawg
07-28-2016, 07:52 AM

They did register Dak speeding. The issue was that to use a radar gun, the officer has to be certified to run radar. This officer wasn't - which calls into question everything about the stop because you can't verify that he followed proper procedure from the start of his shift (not just this incident). Any stop he made using radar is tossed. Even if Dak had blown a .08, if the sole reason he was stopped was speeding, the case was tainted from the start because of that lack of certification.

paindonthurt
07-28-2016, 11:43 AM

Less police usually means less crime.

spbdawg
07-28-2016, 12:01 PM
#

DancingRabbit
07-28-2016, 08:19 PM
Bump

Dak acquitted! Dammit

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Coe6bsTUMAE9JqI.jpg

Corn Bread
07-28-2016, 09:27 PM
Bump

Dak acquitted! Dammit

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Coe6bsTUMAE9JqI.jpg

So Babic is alum of MSU. Lectures Dak being supposedly intoxicated before draft camp and now we learn he can't work the 8000. BTW your counterpart destroyed your testimony as well as vedio. And Officer Babic the I8000 has a variance of .2 to .3 if not callibrated correctly. Dak was in the variance. Babic the next car you stop and you as why I pulled you over, be ready to hear, "because you did not graduate high school".

spbdawg
07-28-2016, 10:39 PM
#

Corn Bread
07-28-2016, 11:37 PM
The I5000 gauged alcohol from the lungs not breath. The I8000 is most likely wired the same. Take-away is Dak was sober with a beer he consumed. Dak did not take in enough alcohol over a period of time to break the law.