PDA

View Full Version : Nick Weatherspoon

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-27-2016, 11:10 AM
I know he is priority 1 for next years class but are there any other big names that we are going after. I see a few 5* guys on scout look (247) but do we really have a shot at them? I do see Feazell reaching 4 star level status before long though. He is is underrated and much better than Garrison Brooks IMO.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-27-2016, 11:19 AM
Nick will be far & away the biggest name in this class. 2018 class is setting up for another top 10 type class.

YazooDawg23
07-27-2016, 11:19 AM
I'm glad we secured a top-10 7 man class last year. This year has been pretty quiet. Nick is a top 30 guy and a must get. Feazell is a take IMO. Seems like we had a lot more irons in the fire last year with top guys (Mustapha Heron, De'ron Davis).

YazooDawg23
07-27-2016, 11:22 AM
Who are the names for 2018? Obviously Woodard. I'm not sold on Mike Barber just yet.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-27-2016, 11:26 AM
Who are the names for 2018? Obviously Woodard. I'm not sold on Mike Barber just yet.

Outside of Woodard I don't know if I'd have anybody else in state in the top 3 or 4 targets.

Robert Woodard MS
Reggie Perry GA
JoJo Toppins GA

Those are my top 3 guys

Then guys like

Ladarius Marshall
Michael Barber
Alex Lomax

Ifyouonlyknew
07-27-2016, 11:27 AM
I'm glad we secured a top-10 7 man class last year. This year has been pretty quiet. Nick is a top 30 guy and a must get. Feazell is a take IMO. Seems like we had a lot more irons in the fire last year with top guys (Mustapha Heron, De'ron Davis).

Had a lot more spots open last year too. Only have 2 spots for sure this year & we'll make room for the 3rd guy. Not as much need in this class. Nick being the only real need.

YazooDawg23
07-27-2016, 11:32 AM
Great info. Thanks.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-27-2016, 11:41 AM
Outside of Woodard I don't know if I'd have anybody else in state in the top 3 or 4 targets.

Robert Woodard MS
Reggie Perry GA
JoJo Toppins GA

Those are my top 3 guys

Then guys like

Ladarius Marshall
Michael Barber
Alex Lomax

I thought Toppins was 2019...

Ifyouonlyknew
07-27-2016, 11:46 AM
I thought Toppins was 2019...

There was some confusion about what year he was but he looks to be 2018. That's what his AAU team ATL Celtics are calling him.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-27-2016, 11:47 AM
good deal

MarketingBully
07-27-2016, 12:06 PM
So far we have 8-9 four stars on the team right now so that makes us one of the most talented teams in the SEC next to UK and A&M. You add two to three more 4 stars on the team next year and we will have double digit four stars. I think the only other team besides Kentucky who is recruiting at the level we are is Auburn. I still say us Auburn and UK will be big time fixtures at the top in the next couple of years with the sheer amount of recruiting we are doing. I know Pearl hasn't had good seasons the last two years but the sheer amount of talent he brought in last year and his class this year should catapult those guys to the upper tier of the SEC. Teams like UGA, Vandy, and Ole Miss will creep to the bottom. The name of the game in basketball is recruiting and we are recruiting with the best of them in the SEC.

biggun
07-27-2016, 03:39 PM
So far we have 8-9 four stars on the team right now so that makes us one of the most talented teams in the SEC next to UK and A&M. You add two to three more 4 stars on the team next year and we will have double digit four stars. I think the only other team besides Kentucky who is recruiting at the level we are is Auburn. I still say us Auburn and UK will be big time fixtures at the top in the next couple of years with the sheer amount of recruiting we are doing. I know Pearl hasn't had good seasons the last two years but the sheer amount of talent he brought in last year and his class this year should catapult those guys to the upper tier of the SEC. Teams like UGA, Vandy, and Ole Miss will creep to the bottom. The name of the game in basketball is recruiting and we are recruiting with the best of them in the SEC.

Totally agree. Our previous HC could not recruit and his record reflects that. Star gazing is a must to compete in college basketball

YazooDawg23
07-27-2016, 05:30 PM
Add O'shea Brissett to the 2017 list. 4 star SF from Findlay Prep. We just offered.