PDA

View Full Version : 2017 BYU Game at Risk?

bulldogsmsu
07-27-2016, 09:10 AM
http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2016/7/25/12268386/mississippi-state-bulldogs-football-byu-cougars-football-big-12-conference-realignment

starkvegasdawg
07-27-2016, 09:17 AM
Wisconsin in Starkville in September would be nice. Have an 11:00am kick for that one.

Reason2succeed
07-27-2016, 09:55 AM
We are doing a much better job of scheduling compared to the Sherrill and Croom years but I still don't like how much we play on the road. Playing USM and South Alabama just shouldn't happen and if they do then they should play in Starkville first not second.

I know that scheduling is a complicated financial deal but I would rather continue playing Jackson State and Alcorn rather than adding more away games. On the Power 5 games we just need to avoid heavyweights until we know that we can handle the added load.

OM is screwing themselves this year with FSU for no reason. Playing such a competitive P5 opponent in the same year hat they draw Georgia from the east is just plain dumb.

At the end of the year no one really cares who you play when you are in the SEC. All they care about is your numerical record. So "Keep It Simply Stupid" should be our scheduling philosophy.

Jack Lambert
07-27-2016, 10:03 AM
Wisconsin in Starkville in September would be nice. Have an 11:00am kick for that one.

That's what I was thinking. How cool to have Big 10 in starkville.

Jack Lambert
07-27-2016, 10:05 AM
We are doing a much better job of scheduling compared to the Sherrill and Croom years but I still don't like how much we play on the road. Playing USM and South Alabama just shouldn't happen and if they do then they should play in Starkville first not second.

I know that scheduling is a complicated financial deal but I would rather continue playing Jackson State and Alcorn rather than adding more away games. On the Power 5 games we just need to avoid heavyweights until we know that we can handle the added load.

OM is screwing themselves this year with FSU for no reason. Playing such a competitive P5 opponent in the same year hat they draw Georgia from the east is just plain dumb.

At the end of the year no one really cares who you play when you are in the SEC. All they care about is your numerical record. So "Keep It Simply Stupid" should be our scheduling philosophy.

Two reasons and nothing to do with Croom or JWS. The main reason was the AD. The second was money. Neither of those is really a problem. I know the AD does watch it a little thus us going to S Alabama two years ago but we did get two home games out of it.

Big4Dawg
07-27-2016, 10:07 AM
This is why you try to get home game first. We better get a good bit of $$$$ from them.