PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that every other SEC school on their SEC Network takeover day...

IMissJack
07-26-2016, 05:17 PM
Is showing old classic football wins, etc, and we are showing the Belk Bowl tomorrow night in prime time. Are you kidding me? Last night FL vs. FSU in '97 Sugar bowl, tonight UGA vs. FL in 1980, and Hershall Walker in Sugar Bowl vs. Notre Dame, and we get last year's Belk Bowl. I hope we didn't choose this stuff, because I can name several better wins than that, just from 2014.

PassInterference
07-26-2016, 06:11 PM
We should have the Great Eight win to get to the Final Four on there.

scottycameron
07-26-2016, 06:29 PM
Is showing old classic football wins, etc, and we are showing the Belk Bowl tomorrow night in prime time. Are you kidding me? Last night FL vs. FSU in '97 Sugar bowl, tonight UGA vs. FL in 1980, and Hershall Walker in Sugar Bowl vs. Notre Dame, and we get last year's Belk Bowl. I hope we didn't choose this stuff, because I can name several better wins than that, just from 2014.

I hear you, thinking the same thing. I think they pick it, doubt we have anything to do with it. Probably is determined by some people who have no idea about what we'd like to see, and what they can easily get a hold of and put on.

ScottH
07-26-2016, 07:13 PM
Seems like we could at least make a request.

fader2103
07-26-2016, 07:18 PM
I thought last year it was up to the school. Kinda the whole student run show stuff

IMissJack
07-26-2016, 07:30 PM
We should be showing the Thurs night game vs. FL in early '90's when Shane Matthews got taken out of the Heisman race. Michael Davis please.

ShotgunDawg
07-26-2016, 08:32 PM
Could be trying to draw in some Cowboys fans that want to watch Dak

Barking 13
07-26-2016, 08:47 PM
I'd rather see that beatdown of Michigan...

DownwardDawg
07-26-2016, 08:51 PM
We should be showing the Thurs night game vs. FL in early '90's when Shane Matthews got taken out of the Heisman race. Michael Davis please.

This post brought a tear to my eye. Might have been my freshman year in the student section. Freshman or sophomore year so it was 91 or 92. Great game I'll never forget. I threw milk bone dog biscuits at Matthews all night. I am still shocked I didn't get arrested that night. Security took my cowbell.
Don't tell my kids!

Liverpooldawg
07-26-2016, 09:18 PM
Everything we are showing is from the last school year. That is by design.

BrunswickDawg
07-26-2016, 09:35 PM
This post brought a tear to my eye. Might have been my freshman year in the student section. Freshman or sophomore year so it was 91 or 92. Great game I'll never forget. I threw milk bone dog biscuits at Matthews all night. I am still shocked I didn't get arrested that night. Security took my cowbell.
Don't tell my kids!

It was fall of '92 - I was a sophomore too. I stayed out all night and chugged a Beast Lite then walked into my 8:00 German lab like a boss.

TUSK
07-26-2016, 09:42 PM

/thread

DownwardDawg
07-26-2016, 09:46 PM
It was fall of '92 - I was a sophomore too. I stayed out all night and chugged a Beast Lite then walked into my 8:00 German lab like a boss.

The good old days!

Reason2succeed
07-26-2016, 10:09 PM
I was disappointed with the lineup. Give me the kick pick, the Snow Bowl, or beating Auburn on any of those great occasions.

Todd4State
07-26-2016, 11:03 PM
Pretty crappy lineup if you ask me by whomever picked it out. Show the CWS vs. Oregon State, the 1999 Egg Bowl, and the 1996 elite 8.

The only thing worth watching is the baseball game vs Arkansas. I wish they would show 1980 Alabama with Jack calling the game. That would be awesome!

YazooDawg23
07-26-2016, 11:06 PM
Incredibly lame lineup

Bothrops
07-26-2016, 11:20 PM
The decision of the lineup was obviously made by people who don't care for MSU. Which is ESPN. Shocker.

HereComesTheSpiral
07-27-2016, 08:20 AM
The decision of the lineup was obviously made by people who don't care for MSU. Which is ESPN. Shocker.

Well that explains volleyball and softball getting selected for the take over.

Liverpooldawg
07-27-2016, 08:30 AM

We made the decision to show stuff just from last year. Overall the athletic department had one of its best years of all time.

scottycameron
07-27-2016, 08:58 AM
I still doubt we pick it. Heard an OM guy complaining that on their day one of the games they showed was an eggbowl loss, may have been 2009 but I'm not 100%. I didn't watch any of it so I have no idea if thst was true or not. But if it was true then there is NO WAY the school decides.
And I just don't see us not picking some of the classics.
I think SECN makes the call and they are just lazy when it comes to us.

Jack Lambert
07-27-2016, 10:20 AM
I think Florida and GA is the only ones.

PassInterference
07-27-2016, 10:39 AM
Wyatt wondered aloud on the radio if Adidas is a factor in keeping Nike-era MSU games off ESPN.

MSUDawg99
07-27-2016, 04:37 PM
It makes no sense for SECN to pick the lineup. I feel certain that each school chooses their own. Our Marketing Dept is full of young interns & I have no idea if they're the ones helping choose the lineup, but if so, it makes sense that last years games get chosen. Not to mention, they're too young to know anything about most of those classic games. That's just my guess. I like last years lineup a lot better & tuned in for what segments I could. I have yet to tune in to this years lineup. But still think it's makes no sense not to let the schools choose their own lineups.

RAYn_Man
07-27-2016, 05:06 PM
The school definitely picks the lineup, just look at last year's lineup for us. Mix of classic games and recent games. Actually if you look at most of the other schools, they are doing the same as us, just using games from the last year or two. If this is going to be a annual thing, I would prefer a nice mix of classic games with games from the previous year only if they were instant classics. But it is pretty evident the school chooses the lineup.

I actually can't fault us for going with the strategy of nothing but last year games because it takes out the chore of deciding which classics "make the cut".

War Machine Dawg
07-27-2016, 08:41 PM
Wyatt wondered aloud on the radio if Adidas is a factor in keeping Nike-era MSU games off ESPN.

Hadn't thought of that angle, but it's a hell of a theory. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if Adidas has a say-so along those lines. There is no reason to not be showing games like '98 Arkansas, '98 & '99 Northern Miss, '92 FL, '91 & '92 Texas, The Elite 8, etc.

Liverpooldawg
07-28-2016, 08:34 AM
Again we wanted to showcase the year the entire athletic depart had. MSU put out an article on it. We chose the line up.