PDA

View Full Version : OM's proposed penalties

Bass Chaser
07-26-2016, 01:48 PM
As I understand they are proposing probation and scholly reduction. However, they signed 26 in the 2016 class. So when do penalties begin? They can't say well we've already imposed a scholly reduction.

1bigdawg
07-26-2016, 02:10 PM
As I understand it, they claim that they signed one less than they could have in 2016 and started the "11 scholly reduction with that one. We all know they would have signed at least 2 more 5 stars except the players went a different direction after the investigation was leaked before signing day. Another UNM lie, this to the NCAA.

Johnson85
07-26-2016, 02:31 PM
As I understand they are proposing probation and scholly reduction. However, they signed 26 in the 2016 class. So when do penalties begin? They can't say well we've already imposed a scholly reduction.

They are claiming that they self imposed a reduction of two scholarships for 2016, so I assume they had three EE's signed that counted back to 2015, leaving 23 signed in 2016. They would then have 22 scholarships to give in 2017, 2018, and 2019 if the NCAA accepts their penalties. I really hope whatever the penalty the NCAA settles on, they add an extra two scholarship reduction to the end of it just as a 17 you for trying to take credit for two scholarships they basically already hadn't used.

Dawgcentral
07-26-2016, 04:45 PM
One thing missing from the NCAA's new penalty matrix is a "Full of Sh*t", clause.

If this clause carried any weight, the COI wouldn't take too much time to slam dunk this thing.

Attempted mitigation of this clause would only further the penalties, seeing as it would simply be another layer.

saltydawg77
07-27-2016, 12:38 PM
well that's ok bulldog faithful once the NCAA is done with them we won't have to worry about those 2 little scholarships. I think they are looking at atleast 32 all the way up to 40 over a 4 to 6 year period. plus a 2 year bowl ban. If they get that I hope Pastor Buck Tooth gets to stay and watch as Millsaps and Delta State become there new rivals!! then have them beg us to play them like USM golden buzzards do now.

mic
07-27-2016, 12:42 PM
It doesn't matter what they propose .. They aren't getting it..

HSVDawg
07-27-2016, 12:57 PM

My thinking is the NCAA is going to see right through the self-imposed scholarship reductions and tack on whatever they are thinking to those penalties. So basically, if the NCAA deems that 25 scholarships is appropriate but OM is claiming they already "self-imposed" 3, then they are going to say OK, total number is now 28. For self-imposed sanctions to have any validity in the eyes of the NCAA, there has to be clear communication to the NCAA that the school is imposing the sanctions, and that communication has to take place well before signing day. You can't apply them retroactively because you missed on two Johhny Five Stars and two other guys got kicked off the team. If that were the case, we should go out and buy the shit out of 3 five star offensive linemen right now, then turn around and self impose 10 scholarships over two years because we've been about 5 short of the 85 limit the last two years anyway.