PDA

View Full Version : Not another word about Simmons ever again

MSUDawg99
07-26-2016, 11:36 AM
I dont want to hear another word from UNM fans about Jeffery Simmons ever again. Not ever. How many players is this now?

Ole Miss DE Charles Wiley has been arrested for domestic violence per @NealMcCready & @DanielPaulling

https://twitter.com/RedCupRebellion/status/757973180887732224

MSUDawg99
07-26-2016, 11:37 AM
Simmons wasn't even arrested or accused of DV either. Okay, that's all I'm going to say. Can we put this subject to bed now?

Reason2succeed
07-26-2016, 11:39 AM
Let's see if OM fans' righteous indignation about us accepting Simmons' was authentic or petty. We already know the answer but we'll wait.

TUSK
07-26-2016, 11:42 AM
I dont want to hear another word from UNM fans about Jeffery Simmons ever again. Not ever. How many players is this now?

Ole Miss DE Charles Wiley has been arrested for domestic violence per @NealMcCready & @DanielPaulling

https://twitter.com/RedCupRebellion/status/757973180887732224

If I could just say a few more words about Simmons....

I wouldn't have minded having some more guys with his size & talent on my team.

Thanks.*

msstate7
07-26-2016, 11:44 AM
Let's see if OM fans' righteous indignation about us accepting Simmons' was authentic or petty. We already know the answer but we'll wait.

If there's no video, no reason to be upset**

scottycameron
07-26-2016, 11:47 AM
Yep, Tusk, y'all always have more than your fair share tho. Well keep him.

They do make the best players, always have. That's not how we wish it was, buts it's reality. I'm over it.

jumbo
07-26-2016, 11:53 AM
They will kick him off if for no other reason than to make us "look bad"

Taog Redloh
07-26-2016, 11:54 AM
Nobody cares about the actual crime....it's the school's response to it. No matter what any of us think, we bungled that part.

I STILL do not see how we didn't just suspend indefinitely, and handle it internally. Give the reporters the Belicheck treatment. Instead, we MissStaked it up.

franklintndawg
07-26-2016, 11:55 AM
Domestic violence isn't something that should be taken lightly regardless of the situation. Simmons punched another woman repeatedly, we all saw the video. If Wiley did the same the punishment should fit the crime. I'm still not 100% on board with the decision of Simmons as I know plenty of people, including my family, who were victims of domestic violence. Call me what you will but people who do things like that typically don't change in a matter of months or years. Be fair until the punishment is delivered. Also let me remind everyone you are innocent until proven guilty. The Bears will say one thing and do another as always. I hate them as much as the next person but violence against women is violence against women and should not be tolerated at all

Simmons is supposed to be in court today. Haven't heard or seen if it got pushed back again. If someone knows that answer let me know

oldjoedawg
07-26-2016, 12:01 PM
You do understand that what Simmons did, as wrong as it was, is not in the category of 'domestic violence', don't you? DV is a deep and multilayered relationship issue...not a once in a lifetime reaction connected to sibling being beat upon.

Domestic violence isn't something that should be taken lightly regardless of the situation. Simmons punched another woman repeatedly, we all saw the video. If Wiley did the same the punishment should fit the crime. I'm still not 100% on board with the decision of Simmons as I know plenty of people, including my family, who were victims of domestic violence. Call me what you will but people who do things like that typically don't change in a matter of months or years. Be fair until the punishment is delivered. Also let me remind everyone you are innocent until proven guilty. The Bears will say one thing and do another as always. I hate them as much as the next person but violence against women is violence against women and should not be tolerated at all

breazy
07-26-2016, 12:03 PM

Simmons is supposed to be in court today. Haven't heard or seen if it got pushed back again. If someone knows that answer let me know

Simmons' situation was not a domestic violence situation. He was not in an intimate(or any) relationship with the woman in the video. Quit using that phrase interchangeably for any violence against a woman. They are not the same thing. Although domestic violence can contain hitting, Hitting a woman is not automatically domestic violence

starkvegasdawg
07-26-2016, 12:03 PM

You conveniently left out he was defending his mom and sister that had already been attacked by this woman. Not like it was a wife/girlfriend that burned supper or was late getting back from the grocery store and got hit. Let someone, regardless of gender, attack your family and see if you don't go just the slightest bit postal in response. And having said that, he could have done a LOT more damage had he wanted to. The fact, that her injuries stayed in the realm of misdemeanor says to me he showed restraint. He could have broken every bone in her face had he wanted to.

Political Hack
07-26-2016, 12:04 PM

I felt the same way until I spoke with someone who was close to the situation

Bodawg
07-26-2016, 12:04 PM
Just depends on his star rating. 3 star or below, they'll can him.

blacklistedbully
07-26-2016, 12:05 PM
3rd-stringer that may be offered up as, "proof" they are more vigilant than MSU. Never mind they took and have kept Stringfellow on their team after what he's done.

But they may have to let this kid go, or at least punish him more harshly than they ever would have, because they attacked us so vigorously RE: our handling of Simmons, who on the surface probably did something less egregious.

Also consider, this kid was probably not going to see much, if any PT this year, so a, "1 year suspension" could be an easy option for Ole Miss that wins them the perception they crave while simultaneously not costing them a damned thing.

franklintndawg
07-26-2016, 12:06 PM
Does not matter. Hitting a woman is hitting a woman. He is 3 times her size and not to mention an athlete who is in good shape. HE HIT A WOMAN! I would never punch a woman who hit my wife. I know better than that and was raised better. You NEVER lay a hand on a person of the opposite sex regardless of the situation. Nobody will convince me what he did was justified ever.

Jarius
07-26-2016, 12:06 PM
They already have no room to say shit. They took a guy who beat a woman and then didn't kick him off the team when he got into another physical altercation (and got arrested) once he was on Freeze's team in Stringfellow. I doubt they kick the guy off the team, and honestly hope they don't for no other reason than to not have to hear the Simmons bullshit from them (although I'm sure this situation will be "different").

msstate7
07-26-2016, 12:10 PM
Does not matter. Hitting a woman is hitting a woman. He is 3 times her size and not to mention an athlete who is in good shape. HE HIT A WOMAN! I would never punch a woman who hit my wife. I know better than that and was raised better. You NEVER lay a hand on a person of the opposite sex regardless of the situation. Nobody will convince me what he did was justified ever.

I don't think anyone is justifying it. It was stupid... Kids do stupid things. When law enforcement decided to charge Simmons with a misdemeanor, I figured we should take the death penalty off the table.

Taog Redloh
07-26-2016, 12:10 PM
Simmon's crime was misdemeanor assault. He should be tried for that. The female part of it is just social justice, no matter what any of us think about it.

K9 Avenger
07-26-2016, 12:13 PM

Well, in this day and age that could make you a misogynist...besides, how are you supposed to know if she identifies as a man or a woman, hmmm?****

franklintndawg
07-26-2016, 12:18 PM
Back to my previous question. Any word on if Simmons is to appear in court today?

Goldendawg
07-26-2016, 12:20 PM
Sorry, but I just started a new thread about this before I read this thread. Wiley is a true Freshman 4 star DE from Ga, who they expected to redshirt this year. Non other than Chris Kiffin brags on his athletic skills in the Clarion Ledger article today ( sorry, I read it there with a free read I had. Please don't kick me off the board).

spbdawg
07-26-2016, 12:23 PM

The man who taught me never to hit a woman never met a woman like her. I was taught that all women are vulnerable but I haven't felt that way in years. So i'm still confused and conflicted about the ENTIRE video.

msbulldog
07-26-2016, 12:26 PM
Just depends on his star rating. 3 star or below, they'll can him.

4 star freshman EE, who they were planning on redshirting.

msbulldog
07-26-2016, 12:28 PM

Hell my wife would kick her a$$!

Dawgcentral
07-26-2016, 12:30 PM

Unless that woman weighed 88.3 lbs, he was certainly no where near 3 times her size. And don't say it doesn't matter, because you brought up body mass.

KB21
07-26-2016, 12:31 PM
Male or female, if someone is beating up on my mother and/or my sister and I have already pulled them apart once, you better believe the next time I do something, it will be to keep him/her off my family.

mic
07-26-2016, 12:32 PM
Simmons wasn't DV and he wasn't charged with DV... Period...

Dallas_Dawg
07-26-2016, 12:35 PM

I would never hit a woman UNLESS she was beating on my wife, sister, or
Mother. Then all bets are off. It's all about survival at that point. You gotta do what you gotta do to keep your family safe.
If you say otherwise you are a dumbass or are lying.

franklintndawg
07-26-2016, 12:37 PM
HE HIT A WOMAN FOR GODS SAKE! Stop defending the man for punching a woman

Back to the subject at hand. Wiley's GF was arrested and booked for DV as well with multiple witnesses

Jack Lambert
07-26-2016, 12:39 PM
Rest assured you won't.

Goldendawg
07-26-2016, 12:42 PM
I agree that we should have handled this situation much better. BTW, were either of the female combatants charged with anything? I watched the video once and they seemed to be in a public street and a very large crowd had gathered to watch. Were they just free to go after the incident? Is this just business as usual unless a male does the wrong thing?

msbulldog
07-26-2016, 12:47 PM
I'm pretty sure the woman was charged with the same thing Simmons was.

msstate7
07-26-2016, 12:48 PM

Back to the subject at hand. Wiley's GF was arrested and booked for DV as well with multiple witnesses

Looked back through your 7 posts...

1 in the C34 to south panola deal

2 in a thread about aj buying his girlfriend a ring.

4 in this thread with the last pretty much blaming Wiley's GF.

There's an art to trolling and you're no artist, my friend

franklintndawg
07-26-2016, 12:51 PM
How is saying she was arrested and booked for the same thing blaming her? It just makes sense to provide all the facts to the situation

Gutter Cobreh
07-26-2016, 12:52 PM

As stated ad nauseam, the culture and time in which you were raised is probably different than the one Simmons has been raised in. That plays a large role in whether the opposite sex is truly subservient or viewed as an equal. I get sick of hearing this nonsense about the video and Simmons.

As Tag pointed out, the PR was simply mismanaged regarding his punishment. Ole Miss may do a better job with this current situation from a PR standpoint, but they should as they been able to hone their skills to a master level the last few months with the NOA.

MSUDawg99
07-26-2016, 12:52 PM

He is not 3x her size. She was a large brute. Not that that matters. I understand you don't hit a woman. But that woman shouldn't have made her way to his house or taunted him & his sister about a deceased family member thus causing a fight with his sister. Tempers flared. But he & another guy tried to stop the fight, to no avail, more than one time. Unfortunately, the worst of this kid's life (JS) was caught on a ten second vid. And he will forever be judged by it. It sucks. I hope that doesn't happen to anyone on here. That you will forever be judged by a short video when you showed the worst part of your character & there's no taking it back. But fortunately, all parties walked away from the accident without major scrapes or bruises & ALL were arrested, not just JS. And as said many times before, this was an isolated incident for JS. Completely out of character for him. The kid deserves a second chance. And guess what, had we not taken him, OM & Bama & several others were going to try & backdoor him in to their program. They all contacted him after the fact & said they'd take him if we didn't. So none of those fans have a leg to stand on in this matter.

msbulldog
07-26-2016, 12:53 PM
Click an ad!

Dallas_Dawg
07-26-2016, 12:53 PM
Looked back through your 7 posts...

1 in the C34 to south panola deal

2 in a thread about aj buying his girlfriend a ring.

4 in this thread with the last pretty much blaming Wiley's GF.

There's an art to trolling and you're no artist, my friend

Paging the Enforcer. No need to let this bull shit muddy our board

MSUDawg99
07-26-2016, 12:56 PM

Let me know how that works out when someone comes after your wife, daughter (if you have one/some), family member, or better yet, you. I hear you say you'd never do it, but until you're in that situation, you honestly have no idea how you'd react.

Liverpooldawg
07-26-2016, 01:00 PM

So you wouldn't hit someone who was attacking your female family members?

Johnson85
07-26-2016, 01:01 PM
Wiley's GF was arrested and booked for DV as well

That may be just standard operating procedure depending on the jurisdiction. Back in the day, police would show up for a domestic violence call and they would often not arrest anybody, either because they didn't know who was really causing the problem or because the wife asked them not to. This was occasionally followed up by a much more tragic DV call where the wife was seriously injured, so many jurisdictions started just arresting the male anytime a DV incident was called in.

AFter a while, they figured out that often they were arresting a guy because his GF went ape shit to the point that the neighbors called the cops, or the gf, knowing that the male would automatically be arrested, woudl call the cops as punishment, sometimes after physically beating a guy that wouldn't fight back. So some jurisdictions facing this issue just went to having a standard policy of arresting both parties when a DV is called in. So the guy's girlfriend getting arrested and charged could just mean that she was trying to fight back.

MSUDawg99
07-26-2016, 01:02 PM
Damn you, franklintndawg troll!

1) Can someone lock this thread cause that farkin jackass ruined it!
2) Can someone please ban said jackass, and sooner rather than later!

Boodawg
07-26-2016, 01:07 PM
Let me know how that works out when someone comes after your wife, daughter (if you have one/some), family member, or better yet, you. I hear you say you'd never do it, but until you're in that situation, you honestly have no idea how you'd react.

^This times 1000^

I'd have to say, I'd like to think I wouldn't hit a female in that situation, but I've never been in that situation. I actually think I may have grabbed her by her hair and slung her into the ground, which may have been worse than hitting her. Again, never been in that situation, but if you mess with my family, you better look out.

franklintndawg
07-26-2016, 01:09 PM
That may be just standard operating procedure depending on the jurisdiction. Back in the day, police would show up for a domestic violence call and they would often not arrest anybody, either because they didn't know who was really causing the problem or because the wife asked them not to. This was occasionally followed up by a much more tragic DV call where the wife was seriously injured, so many jurisdictions started just arresting the male anytime a DV incident was called in.

AFter a while, they figured out that often they were arresting a guy because his GF went ape shit to the point that the neighbors called the cops, or the gf, knowing that the male would automatically be arrested, woudl call the cops as punishment, sometimes after physically beating a guy that wouldn't fight back. So some jurisdictions facing this issue just went to having a standard policy of arresting both parties when a DV is called in. So the guy's girlfriend getting arrested and charged could just mean that she was trying to fight back.

Makes sense. Never thought of it that way

PassInterference
07-26-2016, 01:11 PM
They will kick him off if for no other reason than to make us "look bad"

No, they will kick him off to pay the NCAA piper. The have scholarship reductions to make.

JoseBrown
07-26-2016, 01:15 PM
So you wouldn't hit someone who was attacking your female family members?

I'll have to say, I've been in the situation and there's no telling what I would have done had it not gone the way it did. After a baseball game one of my asst coaches told me I better go pull my ex ole lady off my (cancerous) mother. I was so inflamed I would've beat the hell outta the entire grandstand for my mother. But when I got there the whore was already whisked away. Fortunately, she wasn't on top of my mother as I thought either, but had she been, God help her cause I was going to jail that night.

spbdawg
07-26-2016, 01:16 PM
No, they will kick him off to pay the NCAA piper. The have scholarship reductions to make.

Too bad the reductions will come from the 25 and not the 85 (the Wiley guy is already on the 85).

JoseBrown
07-26-2016, 01:17 PM
As far as this UNM player goes, he'll be given a one-year suspension, then subsequently red-shirted. No one that counts will connect the dots...

QuadrupleOption
07-26-2016, 01:29 PM

Look, I appreciate your stance. And for the most part, I absolutely agree as I was raised the same way.

But never? If she's coming at me with a weapon or threatening my family she's getting her ass beat.

Other than that, no I wouldn't hit a woman. Well, except sparring. All bets are off when you're sparring.

Dawg61
07-26-2016, 01:32 PM
Another day another thread about this same stupid shit. Enough already!

lamont
07-26-2016, 01:33 PM

That woman Simmons hit would have beaten your ass to a bloody pulp if you didn't swing back

notsofarawaydawg
07-26-2016, 01:39 PM

Why don't you just shut the **** up? I'm tired of our own fans attacking our players, guilty or not guilty. Seems you hate our players as much as you SAY you hate the Bears. If you want to know more details than you already claim to know, call the court and ask them. I guess you'll just turn that into another bash the player post so you can look all holier than thou like ole man Freezus.

the59dawg
07-26-2016, 01:40 PM
I agree that we should have handled this situation much better. BTW, were either of the female combatants charged with anything? I watched the video once and they seemed to be in a public street and a very large crowd had gathered to watch. Were they just free to go after the incident? Is this just business as usual unless a male does the wrong thing?

Typical catfight until Simmons ended it.

MSUDawg99
07-26-2016, 01:48 PM
Why don't you just shut the **** up? I'm tired of our own fans attacking our players, guilty or not guilty. Seems you hate our players as much as you SAY you hate the Bears. If you want to know more details than you already claim to know, call the court and ask them. I guess you'll just turn that into another bash the player post so you can look all holier than thou like ole man Freezus.

I'd venture to say he's not one of ours.

MSUDawg99
07-26-2016, 01:49 PM
Another day another thread about this same stupid shit. Enough already!

Yeah that was kind of my point. Unfortunately, it took a detour. I've asked that the thread be closed, but it hasn't yet. I'm going to text & request backup. Ha.

LC Dawg
07-26-2016, 01:56 PM
The next thread about Simmons should be in regards to the great game he played.

Original48
07-26-2016, 01:56 PM
Uhhh..we already KNOW how they will handle it. Look no further than that STRINGfellow.

Political Hack
07-26-2016, 02:02 PM
WTF are y'all talking about Simmons when an Ole Miss player just beat a woman?

franklintndawg
07-26-2016, 02:35 PM
I'd venture to say he's not one of ours.

Wrong buddy. I graduated from MSU and have been to every game since I was about 7 years old. Not to mention I am a 4th generation alum. Good try but you missed it on this one

Liverpooldawg
07-26-2016, 02:56 PM
Wrong buddy. I graduated from MSU and have been to every game since I was about 7 years old. Not to mention I am a 4th generation alum. Good try but you missed it on this one

Why is this troll still here?

franklintndawg
07-26-2016, 03:03 PM
Why is this troll still here?

Not trolling anyone my friend. Can't defend myself when someone doubts that I'm a Bulldog fan like anyone else. It's bull**** that y'all think you can dictate who posts what on here. I have right to post like everyone else. I'm proud to say that I graduated from Mississippu State University. It's given me every opportunity in life. **** you for thinking otherwise.

Todd4State
07-26-2016, 03:22 PM
Not trolling anyone my friend. Can't defend myself when someone doubts that I'm a Bulldog fan like anyone else. It's bull**** that y'all think you can dictate who posts what on here. I have right to post like everyone else. I'm proud to say that I graduated from Mississippu State University. It's given me every opportunity in life. **** you for thinking otherwise.

Well, technically we're all guests here unless you actually own the board.

Todd4State
07-26-2016, 03:25 PM
WTF are y'all talking about Simmons when an Ole Miss player just beat a woman?

Because he's either a troll or one of our moronic redneck fans who goes along with whatever perception our opponents want us to have about our team.