PDA

View Full Version : First game

BB30
07-26-2016, 08:32 AM
With the season almost here what are yall looking most forward to? For me it is always good getting back on campus, tailgating and seeing old friends that are back in town. I am also extremely excited to see what our young QBs look like and what our new defensive staff has put together.

msstate7
07-26-2016, 08:49 AM
3-4 defense

starkvegasdawg
07-26-2016, 09:16 AM
The Dan to wherever rumors to crank back up.

Reason2succeed
07-26-2016, 09:45 AM
I want to see who wins the QB battle, how they have developed and how Mullen uses them. Then I want to see how the running game shakes out.

I am confident in the defense that at worse they will be as good as last year.

Political Hack
07-26-2016, 09:45 AM
Mullen to Ole Miss after Freeze gets show cause.***

DownwardDawg
07-26-2016, 10:39 AM
Mullen to Ole Miss after Freeze gets show cause.***

I think it's "Mullen to LSU" this year. This will be the narrative when Les doesn't meet expectations this year.

First game, I'm looking forward to seeing QB performance and RB performance.

blacklistedbully
07-26-2016, 10:39 AM
While the QB situation is the most fun to anticipate, and the new defense right up there as well...the thing I am most anxious about is our O-line play.

I suspect our defense, even though we are under a new staff with a new base, is going to be good-to-great. I also think our QB depth is so good that we will be fine at the QB spot, regardless of who Dan starts (Thank you Dan Mullen).

But the trenches are where the game is won or lost in the SEC. There, defensively we will be good, but offensively we are very much in need of an upgrade from last year despite the fact we will be replacing two starters. I want to believe there will be a talent upgrade, and that we'll realize a quicker-than-normal jelling there.

Coach Hev has to step up and get these guys ready...and fast! So, though I'll be REALLY interested in seeing who our starting QB is (and who plays for how long), and REALLY interested to see how our defense responds to the new staff and base, I'm far more concerned with the O-line, so want to see how they look.

Goldendawg
07-26-2016, 11:14 AM
Going to the game with my 15 year old son and my 75 year old uncle and starting year 52 of my going to FB games at State. Watching us put the best players on the field at each position and totally exceeding the expectations of the usual naysayers.

Dawgbite
07-26-2016, 12:06 PM
I'm most looking forward to that 11 am kickoff. the oppressive humidity, temps approaching triple digits, and the wife bitching about having to get up and leave so early on a saturday morning. On the bright side, I'll be drunk, sober, and drunk again before sundown. Probably get to bed early on saturday night too.

Jarius
07-26-2016, 12:12 PM
I'm looking forward to watching it from my couch heavily intoxicated while in the air conditioner. I also can't wait to see the qb's, oline, and defense.

Political Hack
07-26-2016, 12:36 PM
I think it's "Mullen to LSU" this year. This will be the narrative when Les doesn't meet expectations this year.

First game, I'm looking forward to seeing QB performance and RB performance.

He'd win multiple national titles there. They just need QBs and a steady offense. He'd bring that. Too many athletes not to have a great defense.

Pretty sure the Tubby rule is still in effect though. Can't switch SEC schools as a head coach.

DownwardDawg
07-26-2016, 01:20 PM
He'd win multiple national titles there. They just need QBs and a steady offense. He'd bring that. Too many athletes not to have a great defense.

Pretty sure the Tubby rule is still in effect though. Can't switch SEC schools as a head coach.

Yeah, I don't think the SEC Commish would allow it and I'm not sure Dan would take it anyway, but it'll be discussed/rumored if Les struggles.

LC Dawg
07-26-2016, 04:05 PM
I'm most looking forward to that 11 am kickoff. the oppressive humidity, temps approaching triple digits, and the wife bitching about having to get up and leave so early on a saturday morning. On the bright side, I'll be drunk, sober, and drunk again before sundown. Probably get to bed early on saturday night too.

Ha! I was thinking along these same lines. I'll be on the east side so I'll be frying. Also would like to add standing in line for over an hour to get in the stadium because 20,000 people did not get the message that you can only bring clear bags into the stadium.

Reason2succeed
07-26-2016, 04:24 PM
Mullen wouldn't work at LSU. Behind the scenes Les Miles has to deal with a lot of attitudes and opinions that Mullen would have little tolerance for. Beyond that Mullen isn't willing to do what LSU does in recruiting. Mullen is very careful in recruiting because he cares deeply about his career and legacy. Places like Bama and LSU are a whole other level that Mullen just isn't willing to deal with. He wants to build State into the program he wants and he is doing a good job of it.

RocketDawg
07-26-2016, 05:46 PM

I'm hoping for a strong cold front and cloudy skies for the game. Surely that's not asking too much!? I remember sitting through an opener with Auburn some years ago when the temp was around 100. And I was on the east side in the direct sun. That's dangerous, but that game was still second to the Memphis game in the early 2000s.

Taog Redloh
07-26-2016, 06:31 PM
Mullen to Boston College. Home n stuff.

Bothrops
07-26-2016, 06:52 PM
It'll be Mullen to somewhere and Finebaum will probably be the first one to start it.

Dawgcentral
07-26-2016, 07:01 PM
It'll be a west coast job. No place better for a Scientologist.*