PDA

View Full Version : SEC doesn't play in BCS national championship game

Bo Darville
08-24-2013, 08:47 PM
Am I the only one that thinks maybe this is the year the SEC is left outside looking in? I could see the SEC teams eliminating each other, while Louisville/Oregon/Stanford/Ohio State ride any easy schedule to an undefeated season. We were close to a Notre Dame vs Kansas State or Oregon matchup last year. Much easier to go undefeated in another conference. If it's close, I think most of America wants to see the SEC left out because they are tired of our dominance. We will have the nation's best team. But it doesn't mean we get in the game.

msstate7
08-24-2013, 08:50 PM
I'm predicting Georgia-Ohio st

Bo Darville
08-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Louisville has a shot. Rutgers and Cincinnati might be their toughest game. We would have a legit shot at 12-0 if we had their schedule.

bocfarm
08-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Louisville, Stanford and Ohio St all have good shot at going undefeated, could be a yr that a 1 loss sec team gets the shaft

PassInterference
08-24-2013, 09:01 PM
The SEC won't get left out because there is overwhelming consensus that the SEC is the dominant conference. The SEC team has mostly beat the shit out of the BCSCG opponent.

PassInterference
08-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Will be interesting next year to see if the SEC can get 2 or more seeds in the playoff. And I'd surely hope that SEC teams get put in opposite brackets.

Quaoarsking
08-24-2013, 09:13 PM
It always works out for the SEC somehow. I bet it does again this year.

Bo Darville
08-24-2013, 09:13 PM
The SEC won't get left out because there is overwhelming consensus that the SEC is the dominant conference. The SEC team has mostly beat the shit out of the BCSCG opponent.

Agreed on the SEC being dominant. But if Oregon or Kansas State had gone undefeated last year along with Notre Dame, would Bama (with one loss) been in the game over an undefeated team?

M.Fillmore
08-24-2013, 09:26 PM
A reb told me today that bama would go undefeated except for the loss to OM...and she was serious.

Jack Lambert
08-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Am I the only one that thinks maybe this is the year the SEC is left outside looking in? I could see the SEC teams eliminating each other, while Louisville/Oregon/Stanford/Ohio State ride any easy schedule to an undefeated season. We were close to a Notre Dame vs Kansas State or Oregon matchup last year. Much easier to go undefeated in another conference. If it's close, I think most of America wants to see the SEC left out because they are tired of our dominance. We will have the nation's best team. But it doesn't mean we get in the game.

With Lousiville schedule they should never play for the NC however with Strong being the coach I think they have a good shot. The only reason the SEC was in it last year was due to OSU being on probation. I think OSU goes undefeated but I also think Alabama will as well. I don't think A& M will beat bama this year and LSU is going to be way too young on defense. The problem with Georgia is the fact they lost mos of their defense. I just don't know if they will get past both Florida and South Carolina.

msstate7
08-24-2013, 09:32 PM
I think the sec streak ends next season to Ohio state. They'll be very good with Braxton miller as a senior and Meyer's influx of top recruits

trob115
08-24-2013, 09:57 PM
I think this is Georgia's year. Just got a feeling.

aerodawg
08-24-2013, 11:21 PM
I don't see any more reason to think the SEC would be left out this year than in the past. Honestly some other team is gonna have to step up and beat at worst a 1 loss SEC team before the media and coaches start leaving them out. Or you know if State runs the table there won't be one, haha.

Coach34
08-24-2013, 11:33 PM
I dont see anybody beating Bama except possibly Georgia

messageboardsuperhero
08-25-2013, 08:40 AM
People have been saying this for the past 4-5 years, and yet here we are in the last year of the BCS system with the streak still going.

I'll believe the streak ends when I see it. Everything always seems to work out in the end for the SEC teams.

Political Hack
08-25-2013, 08:58 AM
this year does seem to be a bigger possibility of that happening IMO.

There are several big OOC games this year that could really hurt the SEC if we lose...

1) UGA vs Clemson. If Clemson wins and then UGA beats SC and Florida, that'll hurt.
2) SC vs Clemson. If Clemson sweeps both and only loses to FSU, they'll probably get a bid before anyone in the East.
3) TCU vs LSU. I see no way TCU wins this but lots of people have LSU on upset alert.
4) Bama slips up against LSU or A&M, and neither of those win 11 games...
5) Eveb if State loses to Okie State and then wins 3-5 conference games, it's going to
kill the SEC's BCS rankings.

There's a lot that can happen to hurt the SEC's chances and there are some other teams with soft schedules. Oregon, Stanford, Ohio State, Okie State, Louisville, and I'm sure I'm missing some.

DownwardDawg
08-25-2013, 09:16 AM
A reb told me today that bama would go undefeated except for the loss to OM...and she was serious.

I could almost see that happening...almost. Bama is going to blow out aTm this year. I don't think that game will be close. They will also hammer LSU. LSU loses too much to hang with bammer. The Bama players do NOT take ole miss seriously. As hard as Saban tries to motivate them, they look like they are at practice when they play ole miss. The players expect to sleep walk through that game. Trap game for sure.

PassInterference
08-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Louisville is destined for the BCSCG. They might have the softest schedule of everybody that is in the discussion. Unless they shit the bed, the only thing keeping them out would be undefeated teams from both the SEC and PAC12.

I hope Louisville makes it in against an SEC team. The SEC team would embarass them 56-10.

The tough OOC games don't concern me. If the SEC is really so good, we'll have one, probably two, teams with a shot.

MetEdDawg
08-25-2013, 09:22 AM
I dont see anybody beating Bama except possibly Georgia

I think they steamroll Va Tech game 1. They get a not quite as good LSU in Tuscaloosa. Only real challenge I see is TAMU in College Station, but I think after last year Bama comes back for revenge and whips them. After that, we might be the 4th toughest game they play because they have to come to Starkville to play us. Only way they slip up is against UGA in the SEC title game.

Offshore Dawg
08-25-2013, 10:04 AM
The ESPN talking heads have been sucking Ohio State dick all year.
They want Teddy Bridgewater at Louisville for the Heisman and BCS.
And then you have the left coast quack attack.
You can never get rid of ND no matter how weak the competition they play is.

SEC may still get in based on strength of schedule, even with one loss for the conference championship game.

PMDawg
08-25-2013, 11:27 AM
I'm predicting Georgia-Ohio st

Georgia has a fantastic offense, but their defense was horrible last year and most of it graduated. An 0-2 start is pretty realistic for them. That said, they could go 0-2 and then finish 10-2.

PMDawg
08-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Louisville is destined for the BCSCG. They might have the softest schedule of everybody that is in the discussion. Unless they shit the bed, the only thing keeping them out would be undefeated teams from both the SEC and PAC12.

I hope Louisville makes it in against an SEC team. The SEC team would embarass them 56-10.
The tough OOC games don't concern me. If the SEC is really so good, we'll have one, probably two, teams with a shot.

kind of like florida did last year?

Political Hack
08-25-2013, 11:32 AM
kind of like florida did last year?

that game is the shining example of why you should never bet on bowl games.

BogeyGolfer
08-25-2013, 11:43 AM
Bama will beat everyone on their schedule this year... Ohio St. Will have a top tier team but still not better Bama or UGA... Ohio St. Probably wouldn't beat LSU on a neutral field. Louisville is benefiting from beating an uninspired UF team.. I think we could play with them and maybe even beat them at home... Bama in the NC game but have no idea who the other team will be.. Probably another overrated team from a big conference.

PMDawg
08-25-2013, 01:48 PM
that game is the shining example of why you should never bet on bowl games.

lol. I am of the opinion that Florida was the better team and would've won a regular season match-up. 56-10 however, notsomuch. Louisville is a good club, and they are well coached. Plus, they have the easiest schedule in the history of the universe. they will be in the conversation all year long without a massive let down game.

Political Hack
08-25-2013, 02:16 PM
lol. I am of the opinion that Florida was the better team and would've won a regular season match-up. 56-10 however, notsomuch. Louisville is a good club, and they are well coached. Plus, they have the easiest schedule in the history of the universe. they will be in the conversation all year long without a massive let down game.

Anything less than undefeated for them would shock me. And with their high preseason ranking they'll probably stay ahead of most one loss SEC teams, which is a total travesty.

msstate7
08-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Anything less than undefeated for them would shock me. And with their high preseason ranking they'll probably stay ahead of most one loss SEC teams, which is a total travesty.

Could you imagine if Louisville does make it to face Alabama or Georgia? Their first actual real game of the year. Louisville would be raped...

FlabLoser
08-25-2013, 02:34 PM

Preseason polls are a real travesty period. If you aren't in the preseason top 15, you are automatically disqualified from the BCSCG. Ask Auburn (I think it was Auburn) who started at 17th, ran the table, and couldn't get into the game.

Hopefully the playoff fixes this.

aerodawg
08-25-2013, 05:20 PM
Could you imagine if Louisville does make it to face Alabama or Georgia? Their first actual real game of the year. Louisville would be raped...

My thoughts exactly. Basically it would be like the first game of the year for them with all the practice squads they play.

Political Hack
08-25-2013, 06:07 PM
I wish they wouldn't do a coaches poll until after the fourth week.

AP starts week one.
Coaches starts week 4.
BCS standings start week 8.

I think that would be a good system to follow and really stop inflating or deflating teams before kickoff.