PDA

View Full Version : OM vs Florida State

Reason2succeed
07-25-2016, 01:25 PM
I think Florida State destroys OM as long as their QB manages the game and doesn't throw picks.

Florida State is coming off of an embarrassing loss to Houston in their bowl. They want that taste out of their mouth bad.

OM is replacing all five on their OL. ALL FIVE??? If one guy isn't up to snuff it is going to be a long day. The Florida State defense will live in the OM backfield. The fact that FSU plays 3-4 isn't going to help OM either. Inexperienced OL will be thinking about which LB is blitzing on every play.

OM's only advantage is Chad Kelly. He will get no help from the running game because his OL is going be getting dominated. So the only ting he will be able to do is what hypocrite Hugh does best: bubble screens. Too bad FSU has a secondary that can neutralize a lot of that.

Plus, the game is in Orlando which makes it a virtual home game for FSU. It almost would have been better for OM to play in Tallahassee.

I see OM dropping this game by at least 10 pts due to a dominant FSU defense and running game.

Martianlander
07-25-2016, 01:29 PM
Good analysis and I hope you are right.

jumbo
07-25-2016, 01:32 PM
FSU wins but OM exceeds this board's expectations.

msstate7
07-25-2016, 01:33 PM
FSU wins but OM exceeds this board's expectations.

I think it's a good game also, but fsu wins. I'm interested in how om's season turns out if they start 1-3 and it's very possible

Jack Lambert
07-25-2016, 01:37 PM
I think it's a good game also, but fsu wins. I'm interested in how om's season turns out if they start 1-3 and it's very possible

Ole Miss still has a lot of paid talent on the team. They will be pretty good.

msstate7
07-25-2016, 01:41 PM

Oh, I'm not doubting their talent, but Georgia, fsu, and bama match or exceed their talent

Taog Redloh
07-25-2016, 01:56 PM

Do they? I don't know why everyone says this. They lost Tunsil, Paidwell and Nkemdashian. Those are the 3 guys who added the dimension to Ole Miss that they've never had. They are all gone, and the matchup problems that they created. Everybody else is just typical Ole Miss players. I mean I expect them to sign a 5 star per year like Conner or Benito Jones, especially from MS, just like we do. Of course, I give Freeze credit for being a good coach, where many others don't. And I recognize that their 2016 class has a few more of those guys they don't typically get, like Patterson and Little.

And they have a brand new OL. They also lost some good senior contributors.

Bubb Rubb
07-25-2016, 02:05 PM
What made Kelly so good for Ole Miss last year was his ability to run the ball. They got really creative with that.

Not just Florida State, but for any SEC team they play (yes, including Vandy)....if their defense can keep Kelly contained and don't let him run the ball, they have a chance to win.

Reason2succeed
07-25-2016, 02:11 PM
Do they? I don't know why everyone says this. They lost Tunsil, Paidwell and Nkemdashian. Those are the 3 guys who added the dimension to Ole Miss that they've never had. They are all gone, and the matchup problems that they created. Everybody else is just typical Ole Miss players. I mean I expect them to sign a 5 star per year like Conner or Benito Jones, especially from MS, just like we do. Of course, I give Freeze credit for being a good coach, where many others don't. And I recognize that their 2016 class has a few more of those guys they don't typically get, like Patterson and Little.

And they have a brand new OL. They also lost some good senior contributors.

Exactly! They lost Tunsil and the rest of the guys on the OL that started last year. Even if Greg Little comes in and is a beast if their right guard or center underperformed they are sunk. And this is the first game in a hostile environment against a salty defense. Jimbo ain't going out like that.

Treadwell was a first round receiver. You don't just replace that easily.

Their defense is back to their normal level which will be decent but not lights out. I've heard some people say that it is a little undersized. I'm not sure how true that is but if that is true that is not a good sign playing against an FSU team that could stack up against almost any SEC team talentwise.

msstate7
07-25-2016, 02:14 PM
What made Kelly so good for Ole Miss last year was his ability to run the ball. They got really creative with that.

Not just Florida State, but for any SEC team they play (yes, including Vandy)....if their defense can keep Kelly contained and don't let him run the ball, they have a chance to win.
Kelly was very good running last year. I wonder if him holding up was luck or he's just a really tough dude bc he isn't that big.

msstate7
07-25-2016, 02:15 PM
I think Hilton and Elston will be bigger losses than they thought. Those 2 were very good players for them

thf24
07-25-2016, 02:35 PM
Most people seem to have already forgotten that Kelly looked pretty shaky against non-cupcakes until he got Tunsil back in the latter part of the season. He and their fans may be in for a rude awakening when he gets behind an o-line that's even worse than during that initial stretch last year.

SheltonChoked
07-25-2016, 02:37 PM
Depends on when and what penalties are handed down.

Multi year bowl ban, multiple show causes, and 1/3+ scholarship reduction announced just before the Bama game? = operation transfer/shutdown

If it strings out to after the season, then they will be decent.

msstate7
07-25-2016, 02:43 PM
Om schedule...

Fsu (neutral)
Wofford
Bama
Georgia
Memphis
At ark
At lsu
Auburn
Georgia southern
At aTm
At vandy
State

I don't envy their schedule at all.

Bubb Rubb
07-25-2016, 03:05 PM
Om schedule...

Fsu (neutral)
Wofford
Bama
Georgia
Memphis
At ark
At lsu
Auburn
Georgia southern
At aTm
At vandy
State

If they can somehow come out of the first half in good shape, the back end of their schedule is pretty favorable. If they have to go to Arkansas and LSU with three losses, it could get interesting.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-25-2016, 03:08 PM
I for one don't give a damn how they do against FSU or anybody for that matter. 17'em

Bothrops
07-25-2016, 03:19 PM
Jaylen Walton is who OM will miss the most on offense, but FSU better come ready to play.

Leroy Jenkins
07-25-2016, 03:27 PM
FSU by 17.... depending on 1st game suspensions.

Unrelated fun fact, MGK has never led a 4th qtr comeback.

TrapGame
07-25-2016, 03:28 PM
I hope FSU wears them out like a $2 whore and then the NCAA drops the hammer on them the week of Bama.

Tripp McNeely
07-25-2016, 03:30 PM
Vegas Insider shows it as anywhere from FSU -5 to -6.5...gotta think that's around -10 by kickoff.

Bubb Rubb
07-25-2016, 03:34 PM
I hope FSU wears them out like a $2 whore and then the NCAA drops the hammer on them the week of Bama.

I think Bama is going to violate them in ways that are illegal in 22 states regardless of what the NCAA does. That game is circled. I'd rather see the NCAA drop the hammer the week of the Memphis game, when they are 1-3.

The only way they beat Bama last year was a fluke tipped TD and a couple of broken pass plays where offensive linemen were downfield. That won't happen this year.

TrapGame
07-25-2016, 03:42 PM
I think Bama is going to violate them in ways that are illegal in 22 states regardless of what the NCAA does. That game is circled. I'd rather see the NCAA drop the hammer the week of the Memphis game, when they are 1-3.

The only way they beat Bama last year was a fluke tipped TD and a couple of broken pass plays where offensive linemen were downfield. That won't happen this year.

I concur. Bama is going to get reprimanded from the UN Council for Human Rights after the carnage that takes place in that game. It's going to be ugly.

drunkernhelldawg
07-25-2016, 03:43 PM
Om schedule...

Fsu (neutral)
Wofford
Bama
Georgia
Memphis
At ark
At lsu
Auburn
Georgia southern
At aTm
At vandy
State

I envy the opportunity it gives them. What happens in the polls if they win the first four?

msstate7
07-25-2016, 04:01 PM
I envy the opportunity it gives them. What happens in the polls if they win the first four?

They'll probably be #1

Johnson85
07-25-2016, 04:28 PM

I don't think winning the first four is realistic, but is FSU supposed to be that good this year? Even if they are, not a bad deal to get them first game of the season when they are breaking in a new QB. Then they get UGA in game 4 of a new coach's tenure. Tough schedule no doubt, but if FSU isn't good, it's just a typical SECW schedule and beating FSU, even if they followed it to losses to Bama and Georgia, woudl probably keep them in the top 20 until half way through the season and if they beat UGA, even if UGA turns out to be mediocre, it would carry them into the second half of the season, even if they stumbled against Ark and LSU.

Definitely would be a little bit scared if I were a UM fan though, as this season could easily spin out of control on them if they are 2-3 and looking at @ark, @lsu, Auburn.

msstate7
07-25-2016, 04:42 PM
I don't think winning the first four is realistic, but is FSU supposed to be that good this year? Even if they are, not a bad deal to get them first game of the season when they are breaking in a new QB. Then they get UGA in game 4 of a new coach's tenure. Tough schedule no doubt, but if FSU isn't good, it's just a typical SECW schedule and beating FSU, even if they followed it to losses to Bama and Georgia, woudl probably keep them in the top 20 until half way through the season and if they beat UGA, even if UGA turns out to be mediocre, it would carry them into the second half of the season, even if they stumbled against Ark and LSU.

Definitely would be a little bit scared if I were a UM fan though, as this season could easily spin out of control on them if they are 2-3 and looking at @ark, @lsu, Auburn.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/02/18/2016-college-football-returning-starters-lsu-and-florida-state-are-loaded/

Says fsu returns 18 starters and everyone on offense. I think that could spell trouble for om on defense bc they lost some guys. I wouldn't wanna face cook (one of best rb's in country) game 1 with every oline starter returning

CadaverDawg
07-25-2016, 04:45 PM
Ole Miss will beat FSU. They will load the box and stop Cook, and force a meh QB to throw it. That will lead to turnovers and Ole Miss's offense getting the ball a lot. Ole Miss will have a decent offense. I think this board will be upset, bc Ole Miss wins on defense in this one imo. As sick as it makes me to say it.

lastmajordog
07-25-2016, 04:55 PM
I hope I'm wrong but I have no faith in Fla St or Georgia and the Preacher appears to own Satan. That being said they ALWAYS lose to teams they shouldn't, but I expect them to do well or win all 3. I totally agree with Cadaver.......sick. The only question is what is Mullen going to do DIFFERENT to beat these guys ....

msstate7
07-25-2016, 04:57 PM
Ole Miss will beat FSU. They will load the box and stop Cook, and force a meh QB to throw it. That will lead to turnovers and Ole Miss's offense getting the ball a lot. Ole Miss will have a decent offense. I think this board will be upset, bc Ole Miss wins on defense in this one imo. As sick as it makes me to say it.

I think you're seriously undervaluing fsu. They've went 37-4 the last 3 seasons with 2 playoffs (1 natty). Fsu's lowest recruiting ranking the last 3 years is #4... Om hasn't out recruited them once. After Maguire took over last year, they played better and only lost to a very good Clemson team by 10 at Clemson. The bowl loss was embarrassing, but it was Fsu's first bowl outside a playoff game in 2 years.

Johnson85
07-25-2016, 05:01 PM
http://thebiglead.com/2016/02/18/2016-college-football-returning-starters-lsu-and-florida-state-are-loaded/

Says fsu returns 18 starters and everyone on offense. I think that could spell trouble for om on defense bc they lost some guys. I wouldn't wanna face cook (one of best rb's in country) game 1 with every oline starter returning

Not sure why I thought they were going to have a new QB. Still, even though they get everybody back and their record was good last year, I'm not sure they are going to be that good. They did beat florida pretty bad, but I remember Florida being a pretty different team after their QB was suspended. Outside of that, I'm not sure what their best win was. Either an 8-5 Miami or 8-5 Louisville. And they lost to a Ga Tech team that didn't beat another ACC team. FSU definitely not a bad team last year and they should be good this year, but I'm not sure one more year of experience transforms them into a top ten team.

Bubb Rubb
07-25-2016, 05:10 PM
Not sure why I thought they were going to have a new QB. Still, even though they get everybody back and their record was good last year, I'm not sure they are going to be that good. They did beat florida pretty bad, but I remember Florida being a pretty different team after their QB was suspended. Outside of that, I'm not sure what their best win was. Either an 8-5 Miami or 8-5 Louisville. And they lost to a Ga Tech team that didn't beat another ACC team. FSU definitely not a bad team last year and they should be good this year, but I'm not sure one more year of experience transforms them into a top ten team.

I just don't think Ole Miss will be a top 15 team next year. They lost way too much. Their offensive line is bad, they have little depth on the d-line, and they've lost a lot of "glue guys". They will be a solid football team, but I truly don't see how they can't fall to the pack this year.

the59dawg
07-25-2016, 05:17 PM
Could be 50-40 either way. Doubt FSU will shut down Kelley. OM TE and couple WR's pretty good.

Johnson85
07-25-2016, 05:29 PM
I just don't think Ole Miss will be a top 15 team next year. They lost way too much. Their offensive line is bad, they have little depth on the d-line, and they've lost a lot of "glue guys". They will be a solid football team, but I truly don't see how they can't fall to the pack this year.

I don't think they'll be a top 15 team next year either, but I think they'll have enough playmakers to be dangerous. Certainly will be a hell of a lot better than Ga Tech was last year. I think FSU will probably be a better team, but not by so much that an upset is extremely unlikely.

lastmajordog
07-25-2016, 05:48 PM
The only question is what is Mullen going to do DIFFERENT to beat these guys ....???????

biggun
07-25-2016, 06:45 PM
Unfortunately, Ole Miss does not lose as much as everyone thinks on the OL as returning OL:
J Patterson
R Conyers
R Taylor
S Rawlings
J Sims
(We wanted all of those OL except Conyers). That group played as much or more than the listed starters like A Morris, J Bell, etc. Add in another Tunsil clone in LT G Little and you have a pretty salty & experienced OL. Thin but talented. It sux but it is true.

I look for a very close game where the location of the game, which favors FSU in a big way, pushes the Noles over the top. But the teams appear to look near even when looking at the matchups. I guess cheating does have its benefits

fader2103
07-25-2016, 06:59 PM
They will likely lose 1-2 of the OL during the season. I can see them going 2-2 in the first four.

lamont
07-25-2016, 07:10 PM

OM wont stay within 10 of FSU. You need to watch football.

FSU's DL against a brand new OL will be the difference. FSU has a top 5 NCAA DL- and OM's OL wont be ready for that in Week 1. They struggled with a good Boise team just 2 years ago.

FSU will have the crowd- another plus. That's huge when breaking in a new OL as OM is doing. OM's LB's and Safeties will be average at best.

Fla State wins by 10+

lamont
07-25-2016, 07:12 PM
Unfortunately, Ole Miss does not lose as much as everyone thinks on the OL as returning OL:
J Patterson
R Conyers
R Taylor
S Rawlings
J Sims
(We wanted all of those OL except Conyers). That group played as much or more than the listed starters like A Morris, J Bell, etc. Add in another Tunsil clone in LT G Little and you have a pretty salty & experienced OL. Thin but talented. It sux but it is true.

I look for a very close game where the location of the game, which favors FSU in a big way, pushes the Noles over the top. But the teams appear to look near even when looking at the matchups. I guess cheating does have its benefits

It took Tunsil 7-8 games to get ready to play. Little is not Tunsil and will play against a top 5 DL in Game 1. He wont be anywhere near ready. Nobody thinks Little will be as ready as Tunsil

lamont
07-25-2016, 07:13 PM
FSU and their top 5 classes get all offseason to get ready for OM. Not 1 week- ALL OFFSEASON

Tripp McNeely
07-25-2016, 07:26 PM

Yeah...no...lots'a wrong here

CadaverDawg
07-25-2016, 07:42 PM
OM wont stay within 10 of FSU. You need to watch football.

FSU's DL against a brand new OL will be the difference. FSU has a top 5 NCAA DL- and OM's OL wont be ready for that in Week 1. They struggled with a good Boise team just 2 years ago.

FSU will have the crowd- another plus. That's huge when breaking in a new OL as OM is doing. OM's LB's and Safeties will be average at best.

Fla State wins by 10+

Watch football? Lol

Dawgcentral
07-25-2016, 07:43 PM
OM has nothing to worry about. They'll buy more drinks than FSU both the day before, as well as the night after the opening game.

Get ready for bragging on the record setting bar sales. They'll hang a banner and claim it's a world of hotty toddy.

The Bammers will stomp their asses in Oxford. This is where the injuries will start to pile up. The most pain will be suffered by Bama fans from eating undercooked food in Oxford restaurants. This is done on purpose to opposing fans. I've seen it.

The beating from Bama will only be surpassed by the carnage wrought by LSU.

Oxford University will be bowl eligible. They may even win 9. But they may have to give it up.

Barking 13
07-25-2016, 09:01 PM
All I want to see is MGK picking turf out of this facemask... repeatedly... (word for the day lol)

Goldendawg
07-25-2016, 09:27 PM
My favorite two teams: Mississippi State and whoever is playing OM.

Johnson85
07-25-2016, 09:30 PM

What exactly is wrong there? Serious question.

Political Hack
07-25-2016, 09:36 PM

FSU should be able to run the ball. Ole Miss probably won't. That'll help, but Hugh will throw he Bama game plan at them to try to counter that. I think it's a better game than most expect, but I do think FSU will likely wear them down in the 4th quarter.

Political Hack
07-25-2016, 09:40 PM

I'm with you here. I think they play a lot of close games and might beat us again, but I could easily see a 5-7 season. It's more likely to be 7-5, but 5-7 is possible if they sustain any injuries on the DL or if the OL doesn't gel quick.

BHildreth3
07-25-2016, 10:03 PM
Nobody knows WTF will happen in this game - bc it's a new year, first game, new chemistry and shit!

Tripp McNeely
07-25-2016, 10:21 PM
What exactly is wrong there? Serious question.

Our "wanting" of Rawlings and Sims is very exaggerated. I had a conversation with Sean's dad...yeah, we were keeping both warm. Sean is sawwwft and Sims is fat...couple that with the veteran and "salty" mentions...these are very relative terms, and compared with the other 13 in your conference, you're bottom 20% in regards to those 2 descriptors!

Reason2succeed
07-25-2016, 11:00 PM
I just don't understand our fans that are always optimistic about our rivals and pessimistic about us. So what if you happen to be wrong sometimes. None of us actually know the future.

How the heck can you have faith in OM's OL for game 1 and always rag on our OL coach. Who allows the entire OL to turn over in the same year?!? What gives you so much faith in OM's defense?

If our team had the same issues that OM is facing you would be predicting us at 5-7 for the year. But I guess OM gets the benefit of the doubt in your book. You are entitled to your opinion but I just don't get you guys.

drunkernhelldawg
07-26-2016, 08:23 AM
Nobody knows WTF will happen in this game - bc it's a new year, first game, new chemistry and shit!

Winner

Tripp McNeely
07-26-2016, 08:50 AM
I just don't understand our fans that are always optimistic about our rivals and pessimistic about us. So what if you happen to be wrong sometimes. None of us actually know the future.

How the heck can you have faith in OM's OL for game 1 and always rag on our OL coach. Who allows the entire OL to turn over in the same year?!? What gives you so much faith in OM's defense?

If our team had the same issues that OM is facing you would be predicting us at 5-7 for the year. But I guess OM gets the benefit of the doubt in your book. You are entitled to your opinion but I just don't get you guys.

^^^Boom

Johnson85
07-26-2016, 09:06 AM
Our "wanting" of Rawlings and Sims is very exaggerated. I had a conversation with Sean's dad...yeah, we were keeping both warm. Sean is sawwwft and Sims is fat...couple that with the veteran and "salty" mentions...these are very relative terms, and compared with the other 13 in your conference, you're bottom 20% in regards to those 2 descriptors!

What about how much they played? I know some of them got playing time last year because of injuries. Just don't remember who and how much and whether they were effective. I certainly don't expect their O-Line to be good; I am just not convinced that it is going to be bad enough that they can't beat some decent teams. Part of that is out of ignorance because I just don't know exactly what they have, and part of it is the fact that Freeze has done ok with some pretty bad O-lines. I really think Freeze is a coach that gets a lot out of mediocre talent but doesn't do a good job of capitalizing on good talent.

TrapGame
07-26-2016, 09:06 AM

http://vomzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/new-standing-ovation-gif-231.gif

msstate7
07-26-2016, 09:08 AM
What about how much they played? I know some of them got playing time last year because of injuries. Just don't remember who and how much and whether they were effective. I certainly don't expect their O-Line to be good; I am just not convinced that it is going to be bad enough that they can't beat some decent teams. Part of that is out of ignorance because I just don't know exactly what they have, and part of it is the fact that Freeze has done ok with some pretty bad O-lines. I really think Freeze is a coach that gets a lot out of mediocre talent but doesn't do a good job of capitalizing on good talent.

I definitely think OM's oline will be good enough to beat some decent teams. I just don't think fsu is decent... I think they're gonna be really good this year

bulldawg28
07-26-2016, 11:23 AM

I concur with your sentiments here. They should beat FSU and potentially Bama again.

msbulldog
07-26-2016, 12:59 PM
Freezes style of quick release offence negates deficiencies in the line.

biggun
07-26-2016, 01:24 PM

We didn't recruit those guys? Or they didn't get a ton of PT last season? Little wasn't one of the top HS OT's in the nation last season?

Please Enlighten me with what is not accurate

biggun
07-26-2016, 01:49 PM

Considering Rawlings was committed to us for a month or so before flipping to Ole Miss, and started 7 games last season as a RS Freshman including @ Bama while playing in 10, I would say we wanted him and would have signed him if not for both his mom and dad graduating from Ole Miss.

Same goes for Sims, who started 4 games and played in 12 as a RS Freshman.

Take the maroon glasses off, we wanted and needed both in a big way. It is laughable to say otherwise especially with our epic struggles signing a HS O Lineman that actually has another SEC offer or even one with another power 5 offer.

lastmajordog
07-26-2016, 03:06 PM
Freezes style of quick release offence negates deficiencies in the line.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Remember how Bama was going to KILL UNM without Tunsil??

Tripp McNeely
07-26-2016, 03:51 PM
Considering Rawlings was committed to us for a month or so before flipping to Ole Miss, and started 7 games last season as a RS Freshman including @ Bama while playing in 10, I would say we wanted him and would have signed him if not for both his mom and dad graduating from Ole Miss.

Same goes for Sims, who started 4 games and played in 12 as a RS Freshman.

Take the maroon glasses off, we wanted and needed both in a big way. It is laughable to say otherwise especially with our epic struggles signing a HS O Lineman that actually has another SEC offer or even one with another power 5 offer.

We "offered" Rawlings the same way we "offered" Bo Wallace...both were done to make sure that om couldn't get them to walk on an not have to give up a scholly. From what I've heard, our staff was VERY surprised Rawlings committed and had a good deal of "winners regret". Rawlings was gonna bolt as soon as om offered and, again from what I've heard, our staff was pretty relieved that they didn't have to deal with that situation closer to signing day. Momma is an om'er and hated Hev. His dad was actually a State grad.

Sims started by necessity, last year, after injuries and not because he was good. I'm assuming that you've watched some of his film from last year?? If not, go do it right now! He never had a committable offer from us out of high school. We kept him warm while we worked other prospects. He was rated high by most of the services...so, naturally om pushed him hard and got his signature.

No one's gonna argue the fact that we were bottom half in the SEC in O-line play, last year, but those two guys wouldn't help the situation...again "lots of wrong".

BayouDawg
07-26-2016, 07:31 PM

Did you see our Oline last year? That's why people dog Hev all the time. But I do agree with you. I think the bears are a 7-5ish team this year. They've got some playmakers at the skill positions but zero depth in the trenches. They may get an upset win but they'll lay some turds along the way too.

msujan
07-26-2016, 10:16 PM
My nephew in North Dakota is a huge Seminole fan and goes to some games every year. I've told him that if FSU doesn't beat Northern, I'm going to kick his ass!

Dawgfan77
07-27-2016, 07:42 AM
GRoss is coming off a major neck injury and Speaks will be suspended. Other than Haynes there DL is not dominate. They are thin at LB and will miss Elston at safety. Conner is good against the run but average in coverage. Bridges will be there best corner. On O they are not bama and LSU , you don't replace a first round draft pick and the entire OL and expect to be better. Little is good but per louginbill on OOB little is not where tunsil was as a freshman

biggun
07-27-2016, 03:43 PM
We "offered" Rawlings the same way we "offered" Bo Wallace...both were done to make sure that om couldn't get them to walk on an not have to give up a scholly. From what I've heard, our staff was VERY surprised Rawlings committed and had a good deal of "winners regret". Rawlings was gonna bolt as soon as om offered and, again from what I've heard, our staff was pretty relieved that they didn't have to deal with that situation closer to signing day. Momma is an om'er and hated Hev. His dad was actually a State grad.

Sims started by necessity, last year, after injuries and not because he was good. I'm assuming that you've watched some of his film from last year?? If not, go do it right now! He never had a committable offer from us out of high school. We kept him warm while we worked other prospects. He was rated high by most of the services...so, naturally om pushed him hard and got his signature.

No one's gonna argue the fact that we were bottom half in the SEC in O-line play, last year, but those two guys wouldn't help the situation...again "lots of wrong".

His dad was an Ole Miss grad too, thus he finally got his "dream offer" when The Rev finally came calling.

I don't disagree with a lot of what you are saying as far as their abilities and weaknesses but much of the same was said about signing Justin Malone when we were his only D1 offer yet he was a 3 year starter who could have returned to be a starter again this year but chose not too (however the fact that he was not drafted or even given a FA deal is a little strange).

Tripp McNeely
07-27-2016, 04:06 PM
His dad was an Ole Miss grad too, thus he finally got his "dream offer" when The Rev finally came calling.

I don't disagree with a lot of what you are saying as far as their abilities and weaknesses but much of the same was said about signing Justin Malone when we were his only D1 offer yet he was a 3 year starter who could have returned to be a starter again this year but chose not too (however the fact that he was not drafted or even given a FA deal is a little strange).

Malone kind of came out of nowhere. so, I don't remember a ton about his recruitment. From what I remember though, he was one of those guys our coaches saw at camp, loved, offered, he committed shortly thereafter and kind of shut down his recruitment...but, maybe I'm "misremembering"