PDA

View Full Version : Chris Sale scratched from start tonight

MetEdDawg
07-23-2016, 09:13 PM
After he cut up every single White Sox throwback jersey they were going to wear tonight. He apparently got into a verbal altercation about it as well because he didn't want to wear them. This is freaking savage.

http://www.si.com/mlb/2016/07/23/white-sox-chris-sale-scratched-trade-deadline-rumors

Reason2succeed
07-23-2016, 09:34 PM
Black MSU football jerseys?!?***

Todd4State
07-23-2016, 09:37 PM
Too bad our baseball team didn't do that before the 2014 SEC Tournament.

But yeah- that's way out of line. The White Sox have had all kinds of problems this year starting with the Adam LaRoche stuff and now this.

Dawg61
07-23-2016, 10:01 PM
Too bad our baseball team didn't do that before the 2014 SEC Tournament.

But yeah- that's way out of line. The White Sox have had all kinds of problems this year starting with the Adam LaRoche stuff and now this.

Sale was all up in the LaRoche shit too and threw a cussing laced tantrum towards Williams over it. Sounds like Sale is a huge hothead.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-23-2016, 10:04 PM
You can pay some folks millions and they still act like a child. He should have been cut on the spot.

SDDawg
07-23-2016, 10:16 PM
Total moron- hope he gets run out of MLB.

Todd4State
07-23-2016, 10:40 PM
Sale was all up in the LaRoche shit too and threw a cussing laced tantrum towards Williams over it. Sounds like Sale is a huge hothead.

With some arrogance sprinkled in.

Todd4State
07-23-2016, 10:42 PM
You can pay some folks millions and they still act like a child. He should have been cut on the spot.

He's about to get traded. At least that way the White Sox get something back for him.

missouridawg
07-23-2016, 10:57 PM
I wonder is Chris wants out... Discovered the astronomical asking price (5 prospects) that Kenny Williams is asking for.... And decided to try and help the other teams by lowering his value through this stunt.

Brilliant, if you ask me. I'd be trying to get the hell out of Chicago too if I was him.

I seen it dawg
07-23-2016, 11:48 PM
Haha Kenny Williams got another fight. Kenny maybe youshould rethink the size of your balls lest you will be the next fired when you finish .500 and below

Kenny maybe you're the problem...

MetEdDawg
07-23-2016, 11:57 PM
He's about to get traded. At least that way the White Sox get something back for him.

There's been word around the Braves camp that they are interested and have been for some time. Possibly interested enough to get him before the deadline. That would be one odd as hell move considering where the Braves are at, but after his outburst for LaRoche then this, I'm not sure a contender wants to risk putting that in the clubhouse.

I seen it dawg
07-23-2016, 11:59 PM
Shit a contender would absolutely put him in their clubhouse. Bc he's a lights out ace from the left side. No one cares he cut up some ugly jerseys.

JohnnyQuid
07-24-2016, 12:30 AM
Shit a contender would absolutely put him in their clubhouse. Bc he's a lights out ace from the left side. No one cares he cut up some ugly jerseys.

yup. being in a better locker room on a contender would adjust the attitude as well, one would think.

dickiedawg
07-24-2016, 07:15 AM
I read he disliked the jerseys because they were uncomfortable and he asked not to wear them on his start and they had them wear them anyway.

I seen it dawg
07-24-2016, 08:20 AM
Wearing the jerseys anyway when he asked not to do it in his start is just being an asshole in the front office. To by far your best player. It's stupid and Williams gets what he deserves.

ShotgunDawg
07-24-2016, 10:04 AM

Yes he is.

ShotgunDawg
07-24-2016, 10:04 AM

You would cut your best asset that can help you rebuild your franchise?

ShotgunDawg
07-24-2016, 10:05 AM
I wonder is Chris wants out... Discovered the astronomical asking price (5 prospects) that Kenny Williams is asking for.... And decided to try and help the other teams by lowering his value through this stunt.

Brilliant, if you ask me. I'd be trying to get the hell out of Chicago too if I was him.

Maybe. Interesting thought.

ShotgunDawg
07-24-2016, 10:06 AM
There's been word around the Braves camp that they are interested and have been for some time. Possibly interested enough to get him before the deadline. That would be one odd as hell move considering where the Braves are at, but after his outburst for LaRoche then this, I'm not sure a contender wants to risk putting that in the clubhouse.

Wouldn't make any sense for the Braves

BoomBoom
07-24-2016, 10:07 AM

I heard that, but the timing doesn't make much sense. I think they're just trying to drive up the price of pitching, since they have so much to sell.

ShotgunDawg
07-24-2016, 10:09 AM

This

In fact, I would argue that this is exactly what #1 starter makeup looks like. Curt Schilling, Randy Johnson, Roger Clemens, etc all give and gave no shits and have no fear. Sometimes things like this, Clemens throwing bat at Piazza, and Schilling getting fired from ESPN are consequences of that personality, but make no mistake, these are the types that shove it up people's ass in the 7th game of the World Series. You want these guys on the bump

ShotgunDawg
07-24-2016, 10:12 AM
Wearing the jerseys anyway when he asked not to do it in his start is just being an asshole in the front office. To by far your best player. It's stupid and Williams gets what he deserves.

On one hand, you are correct, but, on the other hand, the White Sox had the promotion of giving away 20,000 replicas of this jersey, set on the schedule all year. It's just a bad situation. Perhaps more pre planning could've taken place to ensure that Sale's day to start didn't fall on this giveaway day.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-24-2016, 12:51 PM
You would cut your best asset that can help you rebuild your franchise?

I'm 45 and I've run successful businesses since I was 24. You learn quickly not to accept purposeful insubordination from someone you are paying to do a job. Sale is paid handsomely to do a job and refused to do it. He destroyed company property in the process and greatly hindered other employees from doing their job. I would have given him ten minutes to pack his stuff and leave.

I seen it dawg
07-24-2016, 12:57 PM
Your experience and reality in Major League Baseball are way 2 different things. it's not even comparable.

ShotgunDawg
07-24-2016, 01:08 PM
I'm 45 and I've run successful businesses since I was 24. You learn quickly not to accept purposeful insubordination from someone you are paying to do a job. Sale is paid handsomely to do a job and refused to do it. He destroyed company property in the process and greatly hindered other employees from doing their job. I would have given him ten minutes to pack his stuff and leave.

I understand your point & agree with it in general business, but, in business, you have a limitless pool of candidates to choose from that could work for you whereas in ML baseball, you do not. You can't kick Sale off the team & find another Sale to replace him. This probably increases the chances he'll be traded, but the White Sox must maximize his value.

If you are running Albertson's grocery store & yourcashier cuts up her uniform in protest, then you fire her & find another cashier. But, if that cashier is so valuable that Kroger will pay you 100 million in assets for right to employ her, my guess is that your not just going to fire her. You'll suspend here, yell at her, have a talk with her, etc... but you aren't firing her.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-24-2016, 01:10 PM
Your experience and reality in Major League Baseball are way 2 different things. it's not even comparable.

They've won one world series since 1917. Their way isn't working so well.

I was recruited to run a struggling company and had it recognized as the top in the state in its industry in less than 12 months. I'll keep doing it my way.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-24-2016, 01:11 PM
I understand your point & agree with it in general business, but, in business, you have a limitless pool of candidates to choose from that could work for you whereas in ML baseball, you do not. You can't kick Sale off the team & find another Sale to replace him. This probably increases the chances he'll be traded, but the White Sox must maximize his value.

If you are running Albertson's grocery store & yourcashier cuts up her uniform in protest, then you fire her & find another cashier. But, if that cashier is so valuable that Kroger will pay you 100 million in assets for right to employ her, my guess is that your not just going to fire her. You'll suspend here, yell at her, have a talk with her, etc... but you aren't firing her.

One World Series victory since 1917. By all means they should continue what they are doing.

ShotgunDawg
07-24-2016, 01:29 PM
They've won one world series since 1917. Their way isn't working so well.

I was recruited to run a struggling company and had it recognized as the top in the state in its industry in less than 12 months. I'll keep doing it my way.

Your way would get you fired as a ML GM within 2 years. I don't have any reason to doubt that your a good business person, but cutting premium talent that other teams covet, is career suicide in MLB.

One of my pet peeves are people that believe just because they are successful in one area life they are qualified to be successful in other areas. Just because you are a successful heart surgeon doesn't mean you know anything about being a plumber.

Sports are different from other businesses because you can't decide to open a competing sports team across the street & there is a limited talent pool. Greg Hardy continues to play in the NFL every year because you can't find another Greg Hardy.

Dawg61
07-24-2016, 02:18 PM
This is on Sale. He had an entire year to get with the equipment manager and get the damn throwback jersey to fit to his lanky ass body. Pretty sure they would have tailored one just to his specs for him if he just gives them somewhat of a heads up. Nope. He throws a toddler tantrum and then destroys everyone else's jersey too. Four year olds act better than that. After the Williams tirade he threw earlier and this ridiculous diva act I would not allow him back in the stadium till he's traded. However long that takes.

missouridawg
07-24-2016, 02:18 PM

There's about 3 other people on the planet with the skill set of Sale. Your head janitor is slightly more replaceable than that.

ShotgunDawg
07-24-2016, 02:21 PM
This is on Sale. He had an entire year to get with the equipment manager and get the damn throwback jersey to fit to his lanky ass body. Pretty sure they would have tailored one just to his specs for him if he just gives them somewhat of a heads up. Nope. He throws a toddler tantrum and then destroys everyone else's jersey too. Four year olds act better than that. After the Williams tirade he threw earlier and this ridiculous diva act I would not allow him back in the stadium till he's traded. However long that takes.

I think is reasonable. Would be interesting how the player's union would have reacted to you indefinitely suspending Sale. I'm sure they would have filed a grievance.

Dawg61
07-24-2016, 02:21 PM
There's about 3 other people on the planet with the skill set of Sale. Your head janitor is slightly more replaceable than that.

Send his ass to AAA for the rest of the year till he gets traded. Let him ride the bus.

Dawg61
07-24-2016, 02:24 PM
I think is reasonable. Would be interesting how the player's union would have reacted to you indefinitely suspending Sale. I'm sure they would have filed a grievance.

Rockies basically just got done doing this to Jose Reyes and there was no grievance filed and Reyes has been traded to the Mets. He didn't play a single major league game for the Rockies this year after throwing his wife into a glass door in December.

ShotgunDawg
07-24-2016, 02:36 PM
You can't send Sale to the minor leagues without his permission because he has over 5 years of MLB service time. After 5 years, the player must accept the option.

Reyes was suspended by the Rockies & accepted his minor league assignment so he could stay in shape to play. Sale won't accept being optioned to AAA, if the White Sox tried.

shoeless joe
07-24-2016, 02:45 PM
This

In fact, I would argue that this is exactly what #1 starter makeup looks like. Curt Schilling, Randy Johnson, Roger Clemens, etc all give and gave no shits and have no fear. Sometimes things like this, Clemens throwing bat at Piazza, and Schilling getting fired from ESPN are consequences of that personality, but make no mistake, these are the types that shove it up people's ass in the 7th game of the World Series. You want these guys on the bump

Clemens threw the bat because he was roided up and had no sense of the correct way to play the game. But you're point still stands.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-24-2016, 04:34 PM
Your way would get you fired as a ML GM within 2 years. I don't have any reason to doubt that your a good business person, but cutting premium talent that other teams covet, is career suicide in MLB.

One of my pet peeves are people that believe just because they are successful in one area life they are qualified to be successful in other areas. Just because you are a successful heart surgeon doesn't mean you know anything about being a plumber.

Sports are different from other businesses because you can't decide to open a competing sports team across the street & there is a limited talent pool. Greg Hardy continues to play in the NFL every year because you can't find another Greg Hardy.

You bring up some valid points. I agree that a plumber may not be able perform surgery and vice versa. But concepts of chains of command apply in everything. Private businesses, public businesses, sports, military, etc. Sale trumped that and decided who would play and what uniform they would wear. He is not the boss and it is not his decision to make. We can agree to disagree but I stand by my point. And Greg Hardy's problems were off-field. On the field he follows the chain of command. Therefore he is still in the league.

I also disagree that my way would get me fired in two years. My success or lack thereof would decide that. If I produced a losing team I would get fired. If I produced winning teams I would not get fired. It I was fired based upon my handling of an employees as opposed to my results, I wouldn't want the job anyway. I guarantee if the AD at Bama told Saban that starting now the players would decide if and when they practice, the players would call the plays, the players would set the playing time, and the players would make the rules, Saban would resign. He would have no part of that organizational structure.